The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

The comparisons between Kate and The Princess of Wales is starting to get a bit annoying. I hope Kate can lead a somewhat normal life now that the relationship is over.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Serene Highness

As Kate Middleton is dumped, Spare a thought for the lookalikes who are out of a job

As Kate Middleton is dumped, Spare a thought for the lookalikes who are out of a job | the Daily Mail

So whose side are you on - Will or Kate?

So whose side are you on - Will or Kate? | the Daily Mail

Old 04-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Courtier

I don't know what happened, and I don't care to speculate but I'm glad it's over. I never thought she would be a good princess, she seemed to me to love this new found fame of being his girlfreind a little too much.

hopefully now he can hook up with princess Madde from Sweden and they can have a grand, glorious wedding one of these days.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
The comparisons between Kate and The Princess of Wales is starting to get a bit annoying. I hope Kate can lead a somewhat normal life now that the relationship is over.
The tennis racket comparison is nutty. I don't understand how Diana and Kate could be the only women in the world to hold a tennis racket....
Old 04-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Talking el tiempo perdido no se recupera jamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret_addict
If this is legit, it really saddens me. I especially feel so sorry for Kate, who seems to have made a lot of sacrifices in order to keep the relationship going. But I suppose it's better to back out sooner rather than later...

don't be sad...they don't know you either... reserved your sadness for yourself...lol
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlan
I hope it is not truth otherwise itt will be unkind of William to terminate their relationship over the phone.
Remember that the press likes to spice things up to sell magazines...or get our attention with the tabloids placed at the supermarket's checkout line. I am guilty of reading them while I wait in line

But I do hope things go well for Kate now that she is assumed to be out of the protective circle surrounding the Windsors. Until the next girlfriend comes along she will sure be hounded by the press. That brings to mind all the security issues involving her being the companion of Prince William. Come to think of it, all we read is that he seems to be the one who distanced from her, but what if it was the other way around? What if she could not handle all this pressure and, for her own good and sanity, decided enough is enough?
Some questions will remain unanswered and, if Kate is as discrete as she has been so far, the break up will be added to a long list of historical mysteries for others to decipher.

Some news articles related to the thread:

Royal split: New 'details' emerge
April 16, 2007

and this other article has a recent photo of William in enjoying some other company

Kate's friends hit out at William
Last updated at 12:13pm on 16th April 2007
Old 04-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Commoner

Sop, they broke up! what's next? kate will go back to her usual normal life and that's it!! and William well, I think he's going to be fine!! I hope that's he's going to fall for someone like charlotte casiraghi!! I mean why not! so what's ur opinion people? william and charlotte anyone? =)
Old 04-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoms
Sop, they broke up! what's next? kate will go back to her usual normal life and that's it!! and William well, I think he's going to be fine!! I hope that's he's going to fall for someone like charlotte casiraghi!! I mean why not! so what's ur opinion people? william and charlotte anyone? =)
There's an extra thread for this: Preferred Wives for William and Harry (sorry, I don't know how to post the link). I guess you're not alone in this.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

William is horrified at sneers about Kate's mum

Prince William is said to be horrified by the 'hurtful' attacks on Kate Middleton's mother following his split with his girlfriend.....

"A friend said: "William does not believe that anyone genuinely - or even remotely - connected with him would say such things and is horrified that these reports have emerged.
"He suspects there is a great deal of mischief-making going on - although who by, he has no idea - and thinks it is extremely unfair and totally unnecessary, particularly for Kate and her family."
Meanwhile, Buckingham Palaces sources moved to contradict reports that the Queen disliked Mrs Middleton.
"There has never been any meetings between the two and the Queen certainly wouldn't voice an opinion on her," said one.
A senior aide said: "The reports which allege that the palace was horrified at Mrs Middleton's socalled behaviour simply aren't true and are really quite offensive to all those concerned.
"To suggest that the Palace was snobbish in any way about Miss Middleton and her family could be very damaging. That's just not the way things work nowadays"

William is horrified at sneers about Kate's mum | News | This is London
Old 04-18-2007, 03:57 AM

I bet he's horrified. All those nasty comments about Mrs Middleton are completely beyond the pale. As if we'd believe for a moment that he would have said something unkind about a woman whose hospitality he accepted not just once but many times over the years.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Compassionate leave from work?! Now I really have heard it all! She may not be Queen but she certainly acts like a spoilt princess!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:07 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Compassionate leave from work?!
She's on leave from work. The media have dubbed it "compassionate leave". I doubt that her employer has issued a press release discussing the type of leave she's taking.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Compassionate leave from work?! Now I really have heard it all! She may not be Queen but she certainly acts like a spoilt princess!
since the "compassionate leave" was offered by her bosses, why not take it. It will be stupid not to take it, if you can still keep the job while having some time off.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Commoner

Actually she has popped into her office during her much publicised London trip earlier in the week to collect some paperwork to be able to work from home for the rest of week - so she may not be on leave at all.....

< ed - Warren >
Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K
I bet he's horrified. All those nasty comments about Mrs Middleton are completely beyond the pale. As if we'd believe for a moment that he would have said something unkind about a woman whose hospitality he accepted not just once but many times over the years.
may be Mrs Carol Middleton should refuse to pay her royal tax for the incoming year, since some palace members talk smack on her behalf
Old 04-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Courtier

For some reason i feel sorry for kate, all the media talking about her slipt with wills and people saying mean things about her, I'm sure it haven't been easy for her to get her mind out of the media speculation about her and her ex and kippin' living her life.
I wish all good things for her
Old 04-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

A couple of things...

It pays to read the London tabloids with a very large grain of salt, and it's wise to keep in mind that the same tabloids have been known to - gasp! - make things up. Yes, really.

Secondly, as the Breakup story has unfolded, this thread seems to be attracting some quite bitchy, tasteless and tacky comments.
These have been, and will continue to be, deleted.

thanks,

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 04-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

I had to attend a 'function' this morning, (ugh early morning) and the general agreement was that the majority of people say 'hello' when being introduced, (hello ma'am to HM). Nobody uses the word 'toilet', most used 'loo'.

Lav, lave and bog are an absolute no no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
keep in mind that the same tabloids have been known to - gasp! - make things up.
It seems as if they made up the 'class' story, just so they could debunk it a couple of days later with the William is horrified story! Do you think I am becoming a little cynical!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I had to attend a 'function' this morning, (ugh early morning) and the general agreement was that the majority of people say 'hello' when being introduced, (hello ma'am to HM). Nobody uses the word 'toilet', most used 'loo'.

Lav, lave and bog are an absolute no no.
The Duchess of Cornwall in an uncut video of one of her latest tours before the Op was heard saying: "Nice to meet you". Is that U, non-U or simply herself?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
The Duchess of Cornwall in an uncut video of one of her latest tours before the Op was heard saying: "Nice to meet you". Is that U, non-U or simply herself?
I will probably get shot down as a snob, but it is seen as OK for someone of a higher class to say it to someone from a lower class, however that is using the old strict etiquette rules those of the wannabe classes follow. In reality I don't believe that anyone would be ostracised for saying it. Camilla was probably, as usual being her charming self.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships