The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"IF" it's true that charles advice was to either propose or end the relationship then good for him and good for william/catherine for ending it rather than give in to public pressure and marry when one of them wasn't ready. it shows that he had the interests of both william AND catherine in mind.

Duchess said:
"IF" it's true that charles advice was to either propose or end the relationship then good for him and good for william/catherine for ending it rather than give in to public pressure and marry when one of them wasn't ready. it shows that he had the interests of both william AND catherine in mind.
Well said, you said what I think.:flowers:

thanks maymay. imo there's no one better to give that kind of advice than charles, having been thru that whole scenario before.

Whether Charles said what he is alleged to have said the advice apparently given is certainly wise advice in the circumstances.

The longer they remained as an unofficial couple (official only once an engagement had been announced) the pressure from the press would have continued to grow, until they gave in.

This way they both have a chance to experience more of life and who knows.... maybe get back together or maybe not.

We certainly don't want 'another Diana' (the words allegedly said by the Queen) as in someone who was proposed to when the proposer wasn't sure but the pressure from the press became too great - in that context the Queen's alleged comments are truly appropriate - if William wasn't/isn't sure then break it off now rather than marry someone who turns out to be the wrong person just because of the press.

On the french Royal magazine Point de Vue, they say that William would be in love with Isabella. Is this true?

link - POINT DE VUE
Point de vue

Skydragon said:
KATE: I BLAME CHARLES

KATE Middleton blames Prince Charles for her split with William.
Upset Kate, 25, blurted out to workmates days after the dramatic end of her four-year affair: "It's because of his daddy."​

Colleague Philip Higgs probably received payment for this 'exclusive', although I doubt Catherine would have said such a thing. Still Master Higgs got they 5 minutes of fame he craved. :rolleyes:

.....one more reason not to share your personal life with coworkers.
But if its, true, I wouldn't blame Prince Charles for it. If the William didn't wan't to break up with Kate, he wouldn't have done it.

Duchess said:
thanks maymay. imo there's no one better to give that kind of advice than charles, having been thru that whole scenario before.

I totally agree with you Duchess. Charles is the person to give William advice in the field of "love" and where it might or might not advance to.:)

I also have been thinking that perhaps William didn't feel that Kate "looked" the part of a Queen and that she should been more glamourous looking. We may feel that she is "pretty", but IMO I don't think she meets the "beautiful" look of a Queen (Boy am I going to get it now:ohmy: ). Some of the European womern that are being discussed in the other thread look more the part; therefore, what I need to elaborate on belongs in the other thread and not this one.:)

Last edited:
I don't think Prince Charles is to blame. If Prince William wanted to marry Kate nothing would have stop him. I think Prince William has always maintain that he has a lot to do before getting married. I think he was upfront with Kate all along and the media made his relationship more than he was ready for. The media needed another Diana.

If Kate made that comment at work then she was hitting back for her MOTHER. I also think that coworker who spilled the news might not have a job at Jigsaw for very long. :ermm:

georgiea said:
I also think that coworker who spilled the news might not have a job at Jigsaw for very long. :ermm:

I wondered how much that person received for their "information".:ermm:

HRH Kimetha said:
I wondered how much that person received for their "information".:ermm:

True, I bet a lot HRH Kimetha.

Does anybody else see that Kate goes out Thursday nights. I wonder if that is because she does not want to run into William?:sad:

Last edited:
georgiea said:
If Kate made that comment at work then she was hitting back for her MOTHER.

I sure hope Kate and William have more dignity and self-respect than to engage in a tit for tat blame game using the press. There is nothing so unappealing as watching a slingfest where the ammunition being thrown is'Your mother is so common" "Well your daddy is a meddling daddy!"

Really, I hope these two have more maturity than that or else I've been giving William and Kate far more credit than they deserve.

Although some people seem to really like these nasty word fights and love to cheer on their favorite as they make more and more ridiculous accusations. Its almost like watching a wrestling match but its not my cup of tea.

The current Alec Baldwin-Kim Basinger custody battle is the closest thing right now to such a spectacle; and I hope William and Kate are watching how ridiculous those two look so they don't make the same mistakes.

If this incident was made up, then the tabloids are cheesier than I thought.

Ysbel
If this incident was made up, then the tabloids are cheesier than I thought.

I wonder if Ms Middleton will do anything through her lawyers if this was made up? But using a name in the article clues me in that it was not.

And if Kate did say it she is human and hurting. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
georgiea said:
I think he was upfront with Kate all along and the media made his relationship more than he was ready for.

I agree with you, Georgiea, that William was upfront with Kate. I also some pictures of Kate in which the mediia compared her to Diana. They were good photos, but Kate's fashion was awfully close to Diana's, which might have unnerved William.

The media needed another Diana. :ermm:

So true. Their profit margins probably went down considerably after Diana's death and after the death itself mellowed out. The media probably was licking their chops for the years that William and Harry were at school. Then the young Princes became of age and exposed themselves and their girlfriends to the media creating another Charles & Diana like cash cow.

georgiea said:
And if Kate did say it she is human and hurting. :sad:

If striking out at a person who did you no harm is being human, I would have preferred that Kate not show that side of her humanness.

From all accounts Charles was very supportive of both Kate and William when they were dating.

I still think Kate has more class than that and even with a name, I don't rule out the possibility that her 'friend' or the writer exaggerated a bit to make a good story.

I think far too many people rejoice in and applaud this type of 'humanness' from celebrities which results in the cattiest and most bitchy things being reported as if they were earth-shattering world news.

Like I said, its all reminiscent of a wrestling match where the protagonists have no sense of dignity or self-respect. If that type of story appeals to people and it looks like it does, there is no shortage of fighting match coverage.

I still hope that William and Kate have more sense, self-respect, and respect for each other than that and from what I've seen of them, indeed they do.

Now I'm surprised that you two think Kate is a lot like Diana. These two even at a young age seemed to me to be two different type of women

Last edited:
Roslyn said:
IF it is true, and William sought his father's advice, and Charles gave the advice described, while saying he would not pressure William into doing anything he didn't want to do, it seems like very sound and considerate advice to me.

I have to agree, Roslyn. Charles was probably the one person most qualified to say this to William. And it really wouldn't have been fair to keep Kate dangling around, while William was doing his military training and "having fun."

And if they really are meant to be together, there's nothing to prevent that in the future.

ysbel said:
Istill hope that William and Kate have more sense, self-respect, and respect for each other than that and from what I've seen of them, indeed they do.
Now I'm surprised that you two think Kate is a lot like Diana. These two even at a young age seemed to me to be two different type of women

Only time can tell as Kate is barraged with offers of compensation to tell her story of their relationship.

To me, I also don't think that Kate and Diana is a lot alike. I do think in fashion sense, Kate was beginning to dress like Diana with the reds & blues that made Diana stand out.

ysbel said:
If striking out at a person who did you no harm is being human, I would have preferred that Kate not show that side of her humanness.

How do you know that Prince Charles is totally innocent?
And everyone has a stress level. I think the statement from Kate at work came when the press was at their
worst about her mother. She is very loyal to her family and would protect her mother. She probably was not thinking if she even did say that Prince Charles broke them up.:)

ysbel said:

I never did say that Kate was a lot like Diana. The press took the relationship of Kate and Wills into the spotlight because they wanted to sell their publications. The press made Kate popular like Diana.:)

georgiea said:
ysbel said:

How do you know that Prince Charles is totally innocent?
And everyone has a stress level. I think the statement from Kate at work came when the press was at their
worst about her mother. She is very loyal to her family and would protect her mother. She probably was not thinking if she even did say that Prince Charles broke them up.:) :)

Well I guess we could ask how do we know that Kate is loyal to her family and would protect her mother? The truth is we don't know that Kate is loyal to her mother any more than we know that Charles is totally innocent. Kate and her mother may not get along at all as far as we know (it has happened with young women in their 20s distancing themselves from their mother and it definitely happened with Diana and her mother, Frances Shand-Kydd) If Kate was expecting marriage and is really hurting from the breakup, her own raw feelings may make her mother's feelings the last thing on her mind and with a lost relationship that she thought would turn to marriage she may not be thinking much of how this is affecting her mother. That wouldn't be very nice of her (I admit) but I guess that too can be a part of hurting and being human.

But then again, these statements are just as conjectural as yours are. The truth is we don't know what's going on in their heads but there are a lot of people around William and Kate that are willing to tell every little tittle tattle to the press and neither of them are well served by these people just now.

Last edited:
HRH Kimetha said:
Only time can tell as Kate is barraged with offers of compensation to tell her story of their relationship.

To me, I also don't think that Kate and Diana is a lot alike. I do think in fashion sense, Kate was beginning to dress like Diana with the reds & blues that made Diana stand out.

That would be pretty mercenary but it has happened I guess. I see what you mean by the reds and blues. Diana looked good in red and I noticed Kate wearing some of the reds and the blues lately too.

The sad thing is that she was probably taking some media tips on how to present herself in public with the expectation that she was going to get married. :sad:

I tell you that I now see what people were saying when they were concerned about Kate getting a job. As long as she was a princess-in-waiting, it little mattered whether she would get a job or not. Her role as Princess of Wales would be so different that a regular job would be little more than a PR move.

But now she's on her own and has to catch up on the time she lost when she put her career on hold for William. It may be good that she got comfortable with the media.

She may decide to do the reverse of Princess Letizia who started as a broadcaster and ended up a princess. Wouldn't it be interesting if Kate started out as a princess-in-waiting and ended up a newscaster on BBC or another channel?

Poor Charles, everything is always his fault. The UK media needs to give it a rest. Would they have liked to see William repeat his parents mistake. If he's not ready to get married, he's not ready. These people are acting like it's the first time a 24 year old broke up with a girl. People need to stop pressuring Wills, and let him be to make a choice when he's good and ready. William should take a cue from Philippe in Belguim and the other crown princes. It's important to wait for the right person, when you are in a place to settle down. If Kate and Wills broke up, they were not right for each other. Let the man be...

Chimene said:
Poor Charles, everything is always his fault. The UK media needs to give it a rest. Would they have liked to see William repeat his parents mistake. If he's not ready to get married, he's not ready. These people are acting like it's the first time a 24 year old broke up with a girl. People need to stop pressuring Wills, and let him be to make a choice when he's good and ready. William should take a cue from Philippe in Belguim and the other crown princes. It's important to wait for the right person, when you are in a place to settle down. If Kate and Wills broke up, they were not right for each other. Let the man be...

Of course they would like William to repeat his parents' mistake - that would give them more headlines.

I also find the whole situation around this break up slightly ridiculous - couples break up every day, what is the big deal?

Avalon said:
Of course they would like William to repeat his parents' mistake - that would give them more headlines.

I also find the whole situation around this break up slightly ridiculous - couples break up every day, what is the big deal?

Precisely. It's just this relationship is scrutinized so much in the press that the press makes it their business from the start of the relationship to the end. Their commentary gets outlandish at times.:flowers:

i'm sure that if diana were alive today, she would give william the same advice that his father supposedly gave him. having said that, i wonder if the media would say that she played a part in the break up the same way they're suggesting that charles's does?

What do you expect of Kate - to be a superhuman ? She has kept it all silent for weeks now. If anyone is to blame, then it is her colleague. Why shouldn't she be entitled to make a pretty innocent remark about the split after being pressed and pressed again? That Charles apparently gave William the advice Kate was now referring to was indeed non-news and has been known for weeks. She did not say anything else. When being emotional and talking to colleagues, do you really expect her to phrase it in the most diplomatic way like "After intensive reflection, William decided that it would be in the best interest of both of us to act according to the advice of the Prince Of Wales".

Quite interestingly, there is a lot of press coverage about William at the Mahiki again at Harry's farewell party. The most comprehensive coverage is by This is London that reports:

- Kate had been invited to the bash by Harry, but allegedly pulled out the last minute.
- William allegedly racked up a bill of 5000 GBP in drinks.
- William apparently got pretty drunk, unlike Harry who stayed sober and left early with Chelsy for another party.
- allegedly, senior officers attending the reception had been questioning the way William has handled the split from Kate and made comments in that direction at the reception when William had not arrived yet, resulting in a heart-to-heart with Harry (however they can be sure of that...).
- William was seen kissing an unknown blonde. :ohmy:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23394281-details/William+racks+up+a+%C2%A35,000+bar+bill+at+Harry's+farewell+bash/article.do

This is London also reports that KAte has indeed been offered a job in New York and is considering to move:

Kate offered fashion job in New York | News | This is London

Most of the other papers spend a lot of ink on Holly Branson being William's most likely new girlfriend. Personally, I do not think she is particularly good-looking. I have seen a few pictures on which she looked quite nice, but most often she looks unremarkable.

Last edited:
Oh sweet Jesus, all I said was I sure hope that Kate didn't dump on Charles when it was William that broke up with her. If you can't understand why someone would feel like that, then there's little more I can do to explain it.

If Kate has said "William! I hope I never see that !@#%$ again for as long as I live!" It would have been emotional, been human, and been a bit more understandable. (and who know she probably did say something like that)

I still don't like dumping on someone else when you're hurting and I never shall. All it does is spread the hurt. It was wrong when people dragged Kate's mum into it and its equally wrong to drag Charles into it. I think its a bit hypocritical to get outraged by one and excuse the other.

Last edited:
ysbel said:
She may decide to do the reverse of Princess Letizia who started as a broadcaster and ended up a princess. Wouldn't it be interesting if Kate started out as a princess-in-waiting and ended up a newscaster on BBC or another channel?

That would indeed by interesting. I think you are right in that she has gotten quite comfortable with the media and that could in itself be an in to the various news agencies without the proper credentials of education and experience.:)

Duchess said:
i'm sure that if diana were alive today, she would give william the same advice that his father supposedly gave him. having said that, i wonder if the media would say that she played a part in the break up the same way they're suggesting that charles's does?

If she was alive today, I would pity the girl that William brought home. It would probably be hard to please mummy as she would be so protective of her loving son.

Pleasetomeetyou said:
Most of the other papers spend a lot of ink on Holly Branson being William's most likely new girlfriend. Personally, I do not think she is particularly good-looking. I have seen a few pictures on which she looked quite nice, but most often she looks unremarkable.

Actually, she is my predication for his next girlfriend of the many girlfriends he will take on. He may date several at a time.

Last edited:
HRH Kimetha said:
That would indeed by interesting. I think you are right in that she has gotten quite comfortable with the media and that could in itself be an in to the various news agencies without the proper credentials of education and experience.:)

Well we have to see what she does. A newsreader doesn't need that much specialized education at least here in the States. I think the biggest obstacle though would be that news agencies would seek her out to sell her own story.

Duchess said:

I think you have a point there, but its hard to tell. If Diana were alive, would Kate have gotten so much attention?

A lot of the attention Kate got was from the press looking for a new Diana; if there was a living, breathing Diana still around, there would have been less pressure to find the new Diana.

Then again, I have to agree with HRH Kimentha about Diana as a potential mother-in-law. I think if Diana had been alive, she would have been incredibly intimidating unless she had found some happiness for herself and even then I think she would be intimidating.

If Kate decide to take up the in New york, then good luck to her.

Has anything been confirmed or denied by either parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom