The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well if it's true or not CNN is actually broadcasting this umm "sad" news on their morning news show "Saturday Morning" (if anyone in the US is interested just tune in, it's live i think). I feel a bit bad for Kate if this rumor is true because umm some people seem to be taking the "news" with a bit of, i guess, maybe excitement. The newscaster seem to be giddy with a big smile on her face when announcing this news, which if your also interested, is being announced along side such stories as the CIA leaks, 5 million lost emails at the white house, the near fatal car accident of the Governor of New Jersey and a new bombing in Iraq. :ermm: But they will be having some what of a "special report" of the break up, I think they will have some one in front Buckingham palace and all that good stuff. :lol:

Last edited:
I for one am sad:sad: at this (assuming it turns out to be true). ;) They seemed to really be in love and have a good solid steady relationship and they made such a gorgeous couple. Maybe this is more along the lines of "taking a break" than any thing else. Sad to hear it.

Wow, I just read about this on Hello magazine's website--I'm a little shocked, they seemed to go so well together. However, just because they are splitting up for the moment doesn't mean that they won't get back together someday. William IS young and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Add to that the fact that he's very busy right now with his military career and Kate should be finding out more about herself and what she wants out of life, also. I think this could be a good decision for them right now. At least if they would eventually get back together they will have more 'world' experience and realize that they are the best match for each other. If not, then at least they didn't jump in and make another bad Royal marriage.

I just heard the news.When it's true, than it's really sad for them.

All news-stations refers to the article in "the sun" so we still have to wait and see!
But also here in scandinavia it has been a big news-story today so i guess it has reported over a big part of the world already.

I am not so sure that clarence house will commentate this ever because it is still Williams and only Williams life.
But we have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Hans-Rickard said:
I am not so sure that clarence house will commentate this ever because it is still Williams and only Williams life.
But we have to wait and see.
i agree, i mean if you read the hello magazine article they say they don't comment on such matters (or at least a spokeman for william said so)

HelloMagazine.com said:
Clarence House has not commented on the news of the separation. A spokesman for William stated: "We don't comment on Prince William's private life.

People Magazine

People Magazine has Kate and Wills' breakup as their top story- they claim they've 'confirmed' it. People is not a complete rag (it's not the National Inquirer, or like some of those German make-it-all-up mags), and they normally check their stories with other sources, (unfortunately, they don't list them in this article). But in general, they're pretty reliable about this type of stuff.

Here is the Article.

People is American, and it is only eight o'clock here, and I think they're on the West coast, so their "More to Come" may not be for a few hours.

I'll have to admit I was rather suprised- with her attending a few royal events, I wasn't expecting this. Were there reliable signs?

if it's true, perhaps it's the best thing. i, for one, wouldn't want to see them together if they both weren't happy.

If its true, and it seems so, then i'am sorry for them...break-ups are always hard.
But i dont understand why people are questioning his chances of finding true love or talking about a Windsor curse?
He's only 24/25..whats the rush? Many people in their twenties experience different relationships. Not every girl Wills dates has to be "the one"...Although there'll always be the public expectation that she is.

I hope it´s no fake - and they announce the engagement the day after tomorrow:wacko:
William is IMO much too young to marry. It´s early enough when he marries around his thirties. And keep just one and the same girlfriend for about eight or ten years is IMO very dangerous. I made the experience that relations (same with Vicky and Daniel in Sweden!) that lasted very long before the engagement was announced almost always end in divorce.
William has got enough time left to find another girlfriend (or more than one...) until he decides to marry at last.
Forget all the speculations about Madeleine (they never see each other) or even Theodora (The former Greek king is much too contested to ever give him the opportunity again to appear in the limelight f.i. as father-in-law of the future British king).
I think William will one day marry a nice common British girl similar to Kate and that´s it. So did his father, aunt and uncles.

Sorry to hear the news but maybe they both just need a break from all this. Having your engagement announced on a daily basis when you haven't reached that point would push the matter one way or the other eventually and now they hit that point. He would look like a cad if he kept her hanging on for several more years and then she would look like a mistress and thus not suitable to be Queen. That part is a no win situation. Ordinary people could have continued the relationship but with the scrutiny they were under he had to make a decision and this is probably best for both. They could in a year or two get back together. I just hope it doesn't end up like another Camilla situation down the road where the girl gets married and then William realizes his mistake. Let's hope for the best for both of them. I think they have had cooling off periods before.

I saw the news five minutes ago on Yahoo and my first reaction was "NOOOOOOOO", without even realizing I was reacting! This is such a shock. I, too, was convinced that they could weather the separation and find a way to stay together, but if it's not meant to be, it won't be. I do hope they find their way back to each other again. I can't really picture him with anyone else- they seemed like a good match in many ways.

Not a surprise. He is too young to make such a huge commitment and she really was not appropriate to bear heirs and become a future Queen.

He's too young to get married and needs to develop more life experience and character. He's likely to be King in the next 20 years and his marriage is a huge commitment for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
awww im so disappointed!! i loved kate, and thought she would have made a great queen. but he was young, and she probably wasn't ready for all the media attention. well, maybe we can hope for a reconcilliation.

acdc1 said:
awww im so disappointed!! i loved kate, and thought she would have made a great queen. but he was young, and she probably wasn't ready for all the media attention. well, maybe we can hope for a reconcilliation.

I totally agree. The media IMO, has a part of responsibility in their separation.They harassed Kate all the time, they made a whole fuss about it (as they did for Diana and Charles by the way). Maybe it is better that way because if they had married, it would have probably turned out into a total disaster.

Let me be the first to say the joke's on us. I don't believe this for one second. A ruse to get the press off of his girlfriend's back. They've gone underground.:lol: I've often wondered why they didn't do this before. Edit to say if it IS true, then there will be a reconciliation down the road. They have too much history, and I wouldn't want to be the the following act behind this first, intense relationship.

I have a feeling that they will get back together after his army service. maybe they are trying to see if the media will give her a break, now that they broke up...
I dont think he will find a better girl...she was perfect.

Well well we still have to wait and see. It is still only an article from "the sun" and that say nothing how it is in the reality.
But if it is over, I think we have to accept that it is definitly over.

I think the pressure did nothing to help this relationship. Kate has shown a lot of grace under pressure while dating Prince William, and she will survive this just fine. If they reconcile, I will be happy, if not, then all the best to both of them.

I feel sad to hear that.Five years is a long time for them together.:sad:

Good luck to them.

Luv2Cruise said:
... I wouldn't want to be the following act behind this first, intense relationship.
I don't want to think we've invested all that time, effort and carry-on for 20 current events threads on someone who may turn out to be a non-starter. :lol:

Hans-Rickard said:
Well well we still have to wait and see. It is still only an article from "the sun" and that say nothing how it is in the reality.
But if it is over, I think we have to accept that it is definitly over.

I don't think so. IMHO the nice articles Richard Kay has written about prince Charles were his payment for this "scoop". IMHO the news is really from inside of William's circle. But is it the truth? I'm not so sure. There are two basic possibilities: William and Catherine stopped loving each other or they still love.

Possibility A: It's the truth and that's the end of it. The best thing for both of them would be to really finish their relationship and not pretend to be "just friends" who meet occassionally, stirring up all kind of rumours.

Possibility B: They are still in love, they still have a secret agenda but they want to get rid of the attention and the feverish speculations about their plans. In this case both profit from their "split" - Catherine gets a chance to review her decision for William and might be able to enter into new fields of professional working without all the media hassle. Because who cares about the "old flames" of Royals? William OTOH can concentrate on his job and responsibilities without feeling that he is forced into marriage. It could be predicted that the upcoming "Diana"-year would add to this pressure - now this pressure is gone for now.

I have no idea which possibility is the truth. But both could be it, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom