The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a problema in this relationship, Kate and William are young.

I always figured the "unnamed source" was the reporter's pet hamster. ;)

I agree with the people who have said that Kate has done a great job handling the break-up so far and that she seems happy to be "free" - and maybe deservedly so. Now she can actually make real plans for her career, life, etc.

Kate Middleton's thread is closed. This is the only place to post those pictures and information, regarding the break up.

The thread was closed as following the break up, Miss Middleton's connection with the Royal Family has ended and the British Forums are not the right place to post information about her.

I think this was the best for the both of them--W is way too young to get married, and K will have a great career, and marry well because of the way she's handled herself.

I felt a bit sad when I knew about this break-up, since I always saw Kate as a very decent, correct, and well mannered person. She could be a very good Queen for England, imo.
Anyway, I am sure is dealing pretty well in her new life, and I wish her the Best.

Jo...great post!

I needed a day to exam all of the evidence...and while we don't truly know the facts. I totally agree with your thoughts. It could have been handled better by William. Yes, if he thinks he is too young to get married and committ himself...then he would know better than the rest of us. Its all how you handle it. Yes, its okay to go off drinking with your buddies...but the way he is acting (at least how its being reported) you'd think he just got divorced from the Wicked Witch of the West!

In regards to the discussion of middle class station of the Middleton's...I think its just plain snobbery. I never understood why people thought she wasn't good enough for him, to be queen, to have his children. Kate/Catherine is/wasn't a mass murderer, she doesn't kick animals as she walks by them. She has shown more class in her little pinky then most of William's friends have shown by leaking (if these are true rumours) to the press. In regards to Carole Middleton, well...if she made a couple of faux pas...why wasn't she instructed on how to behave with the Queen? Its not like she talks to her everyday.

And I agree, Kate looks happy. I am sure she loved him, and although I was never excited about her as a potential bride (but I didn't hate her)...in a couple of weeks, the press will have forgotten about her..she might focus on her job (and appease those who feels she needs to justify HER degree to THEM), and hopefully in a few years marries and has a couple of children. I think she might have had a lucky escape! I wish her the best.

I feel sorry for the next girl he dates. The press will be relentess, she will have to live up to the way Kate handled herself in the press...and she has to appeal to William, Great Britain, the press and the royal family. That's a lot of people to make happy without the assurance that you yourself will end up happy.

I remember this is the second time tath the press said that william and kate split

I have been so disconected from the news lately I just read about it this afternoon in one of the New York newspapers! I could not believe it either. They look so comfortable with each other through out the years, I thought this was going to last.
On the positive side for her, maybe she has been spared of a life being scrutinized by the paparazzi and the media in general. We will never know if this was a mutual break up or if he did not want her to be served as another royal human sacrifice for the paparazzi. We will never know.

Last edited:
Zonk said:
...In regards to the discussion of middle class station of the Middleton's...I think its just plain snobbery. I never understood why people thought she wasn't good enough for him, to be queen, to have his children. Kate/Catherine is/wasn't a mass murderer, she doesn't kick animals as she walks by them. She has shown more class in her little pinky then most of William's friends have shown by leaking (if these are true rumours) to the press. In regards to Carole Middleton, well...if she made a couple of faux pas...why wasn't she instructed on how to behave with the Queen? Its not like she talks to her everyday...

I read about the class thing too and my first thought was that this rumor could have been made up to spice up the news and make the royals look more snobs. I doubt Queen Elizabeth would even consider Kate's background such an important issue since the Queen has allowed so many members of her royal family to marry regular folks so far. Didn't one of her family mambers married a Maori gentleman recently? So, by the Queen's track record, I give her the benefit of the doubt and don't believe class and society had anything to do with this.

Last edited:
Wow! This thread is huge! I guess I should have expected as much.

I cannot say I'm sorry to see this relationship end, Kate struck me as a rather bland, boring, social climber who followed William around like a puppy. I'm glad that she will never be my Queen!

As for the numerous stories in the press, most are probably false, with maybe a grain of truth. I suspect Kate's mother did push her to pursue the relationship, come what may and was determined to see a permanent union between her and Will.

Likewise I suspect William had a wandering eye, he's young and had only one major relationship. It seemed as though they had run their course, hopefully Will can just enjoy himself for a few years.

Toledo said:
I read about the class thing too and my first thought was that this rumor could have been made up to spice up the news and make the royals look more snobs. I doubt Queen Elizabeth would even consider Kate's background such an important issue since the Queen has allowed so many members of her royal family to marry regular folks so far. Didn't one of her family mambers married a Maori gentleman recently? So, by the Queen's track record, I give her the benefit of the doubt and don't believe class and society had anything to do with this.

Well, as I can't comment on the Queen snobbery or lack of it.....I will say with all due respect to Gary Lewes (who married Lady Davinia Windsor)...there is a big difference between the marrying 2nd in line to the throne and than marrying the 27th (not sure of her exact placement but you get my drift).

Most likely its more so than William does consider himself too young and they wanted diffrent things in life (re: Kate wanted to get married or more of a committment and William wanted to do his thing). From all appearances, it looks like class and society had more of an impact on the press and William's friends than the actual two people in the relationship. While I think WIlliam could have handled his actions a little better sicne the break up...I do give him credit for not bowing to public pressure (re: the press). I'd rather they break up now and then get married and divorced because they got married too you.

But really...if we have learned anything from Diana and Sarah (and the Grey MEN)...and more importantly real life. Its usually NOT the people with money, connections, etc who are snobs but more so the people who SERVE them. They are usually more snobby than the ones who might have just cause.

Last edited:
I got to log off in a minute but not before thinking on the uncanny parallel between this break up and that other royal break up some years ago in my country Spain. I'm talking about Prince William's cousin, Prince Felipe of Spain and his break up with the model Eva Sanum.
I do agree with you, Zonk, there is a big difference between getting married to a royal relative and getting married to the future Heir :king:
Didn't think about that small detail before :ermm:. Oh well, best wishes to both now that they go their separate ways.

Last edited:
Thats okay Toledo.

Basically if Kate and William are not meant to be they aren't meant to be. At least they figured it out now before they got married, had kids, etc.

Jaya said:
I think the split is true.Miss Kate Middleton is a lovely young woman who has conducted herself like a true 'lady' throughout her relationship with Prince William.
I think things have worked out for the better for Miss Kate Middleton and someone up there loves her.
God Bless you Kate.You have taught us by your noble and faultless conduct how to be royal without tiaras.You will live forever in our hearts as a girl of honour and integrity.

What a sweet thing to say!:flowers:

I really admire how she handled to media attention, there's no way I could've handled it that well.

On one hand you can say Kate knew he'd had alot of training to do, but on the other hand, if your boyfriend would rather spend time drinking with his mates than coming home to spend time with you and being photographed with other girls to boot....what does that tell you?

Maybe they'll hook up again......until then I'm interested in this Jecca chick.:rolleyes:

I think I am one of the few...but I have never been impressed by Jecca. IMO she is even more bland and boring then Kate. She has always come across to me as rather New Age..and DEFINITELY COULD NOT FIT with the British Royal Family.

Not to make this a comparison but how on earth is she better than Kate. Because her money is a little older?! Let's we not forget, some of the British aristocracy came into being because they were born on the wrong side of the bed, had a little money and loaned it to a King or two, or the money is just OLD. My point is this....at some point..they too were common.

No offense to the British!

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been read or seen, but there is yet another article in how the break-up came about after the Easter meeting. Don't know how reliable this is or the 'source' was.

'Prince William ended relationship on phone'

LONDON: Britain's Prince William told his long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton that their romance was over -- in a mobile phone call, The Mirror newspaper reported on Monday.

Middleton, 25, had been hoping for reconciliation even though she and William, 24, had agreed at an Easter meeting their four-year affair was on the rocks, said the paper.

Welcome to Newindpress.com

I wonder how could anyone know how Prince William and Kate ended their relationships, if both of them are silent about it? :rolleyes:
Unless of course Prince William's (or Kate's) phones are still tapped.

So I shouldn't order my "Team Wills" and "Team Kate" shirts, then? And here I was on the path to riches. :lol:

Zonk said:
I think I am one of the few...but I have never been impressed by Jecca. IMO she is even more bland and boring then Kate. She has always come across to me as rather New Age..and DEFINITELY COULD NOT FIT with the British Royal Family.

Not to make this a comparison but how on earth is she better than Kate. Because her money is a little older?! Let's we not forget, some of the British aristocracy came into being because they were born on the wrong side of the bed, had a little money and loaned it to a King or two, or the money is just OLD. My point is this....at some point..they too were common.

You're not alone!

Last edited:
Zonk said:

Oh, no honey, she seems too much of a free spirit/hippie for the royal family! She may be someone he'd "dally" with, but not a potential bride. Somehow I think she's "seen the job" and wouldn't want to be future Queen. She seems content to do her own thing....of course I'm only going by her choice of clothing.:rolleyes:

I think its wise to remember that most of these sources are unnamed so it would be wise to take most of the outlandish stories of Kate's unsuitability with a hefty grain of salt.

If Kate had been that unsuitable, then Prince Charles would have never let Kate get close to him in a public occasion, but he did time and time again.

I don't like how this is being handled. Too much tawdry tittle-tattle. Charles cannot control his son but at least he should be able to convince William to tell his friends to shut up.

ysbel said:
I think its wise to remember that most of these sources are unnamed so it would be wise to take most of the outlandish stories of Kate's unsuitability with a hefty grain of salt.

If Kate had been that unsuitable, then Prince Charles would have never let Kate get close to him in a public occasion, but he did time and time again.

I don't like how this is being handled. Too much tawdry tittle-tattle. Charles cannot control his son but at least he should be able to convince William to tell his friends to shut up.

Totally agree! If William and Kate broke up because of age, maturity, outgrew each other, etc. That is one thing. Why must they (the unamed sources) and/or the press slam Kate's background? People break up all the time because they want different things.

ysbel said:
Charles cannot control his son but at least he should be able to convince William to tell his friends to shut up.

Alas, he can't tell those reporters' hamsters to stuff it, though. I mean, they've already proven themselves allergic to ethical behavior.

ysbel said:
Charles cannot control his son but at least he should be able to convince William to tell his friends to shut up.

Where is you proof that this hasn't happened?

Just because the friends are saying things doesn't mean that William hasn't told them not to - or are you suggesting that these friends don't have minds of their own and the ability to make their own decisions. William can't control what his friends say - he can advise them and ask them but he can't control them.

Hmm well I just heard the news today. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but my thoughts are probably the media pressure put some stress on the relationship ... I remember reading and noticing that to me it appeared that the lifestyle Kate wanted to live (having a career) was vastly different to what Princess Dianna did. Not meaning to compare, but if you take that lifestyle & the commitments Princess Di had to be the standard for what Kate would have had to live her life like if she had married William ... I mean realistically speaking, I don't think Princess Di would have been able to have a career and keep all those royal commitments at the same time (that's just reality talkin there). I have no doubt Kate probably wanted to do what it took to keep the relationship going & yea she probably did want to marry him, maybe not because he's a royal, but probably atleast partly cuz she really loved him.

About the rumors of them spliting up because of her being from the middle class, if there's any truth to it, I highly doubt the Queen (as someone mentioned) was a part of that. I read online that it was actually William's friends (& possibly cousins) of royal standing, who partied with the couple, used to treat her like that - making fun of her background.

I think time will tell the truth, but they do say that family support does have a positive effect on relationships. I know Dianna wanted her children to be brought up different to most royal families in the past did so. I also know that Charles, though he may have been different to Dianna in his approach, also wanted the same for his children. Quite possibly he didn't mind being seen in the company of his son's girlfriend because of this. I don't know him personally soo I can't really say, but I do know that there are some people out there who are so self conscious of their public image that they will smile and shake hands with people they despise (not saying he's like that either, but you can never tell). Also, I know that there are some parents out there who are just content to let their child be with who ever they choose to be with regardless of what others say & who also think that they should not have a say in their children's relationships. Charles, after going through all that he's gone through with his marriages and divorces, etc. I can imagine him saying that he will accept and approve any one into his family that his sons decide to marry.

I know I was surprised/shocked at the breakup, but after seeing all of the negative press against the Middletons, I hope Kate is feeling a sense of relief at what she was able to escape. That the tables turned so quickly and against her family is awful. And to have the Prime Minister comment on your breakup- ugh.

I'm willing to bet that this break up had nothing to do with Kate's class and everything to do with William's age and desire to sow his oats.

Yes, Kate comes from a middle class background, and perhaps her mom did make some faux pas.. Obviously Kate is no blue blood.

BUT

Kate is well educated. Much better educated than Diana. She's also discret and well manored. And while she's beautiful, she does not seem to seek attention...
Kate's family is clearly not noble. But they have money and there seems to be no scandals there.
Charles talked with her, the queen met with her. I think they already approved of her enough and left the choice up to William. If there is anyone there's questions about the royal family accepting its Chelsea, never Kate.

Honestly, as far as a mate is concerned for William. I think that the royal family just wants someone who will do her job discreetly and well, with no scandals.

bekalc said:
I'm willing to bet that this break up had nothing to do with Kate's class and everything to do with William's age and desire to sow his oats.

Has anybody (including William) has ever thought how this could work out in reality? The moment he partied with girls in that Bournemouth-nightclub, their pics were all over the country. Does he think it will ever be different?

So he wants to be "free" in front of the public? Or where will he get the girls from (if it's not only about free drinking till he's comatose)? And what if one of these flings gets pregnant (now that's a scandal!)? How can he control these things all the time when he likes to get drunk? Just imagine!

IMHO it's a difference about a playboy image between the times of Charles and Andrew and today as this was pre-AIDS. Plus it's the time of documentation of even the most private things via Handy-pics. He'll be the living invitation to "kiss & tell"-stories.

As for seriously "dating" - he'll never get as much time again as he got to get to know Catherine. From now on any girl he meets will be scrutinized as a potential Royal bride... One wonders what kind of society-lady he is likely to meet under these circumstances. And how the chemistry is going to flow between them.

Having a secure and discreet girlfriend has more to it than the idea of a potential marriage - here he had somebody to rely on, to cuddle, to enjoy, to trust. And he threw that away.... Well, his choice....

I hope it is not truth otherwise itt will be unkind of William to terminate their relationship over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom