The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bit of it pollyemma. They'll be on Ebay tonight.

hmm..I'm not fully convinced. It's probably a decoy so the paps stop harassing Kate in her everyday life and William when he's out at the pub. Although this news adds more attn to them. Only time will tell I guess

Does anyone think that they are going to get back together in the future? I have seen people broken with their boyfriend or girlfriend, and x number of years later, they are back together and get married. Do you think it will happen to Will and Kate?

I believe it given the statement from Kate's lawyers. It's really sad. I hope she keeps her dignity and doesn't write a "tell all" or anything though I am dying of curiosity. Best of luck to both of them, especially her.

I just watched a local (national) news programme here in Australia and as the show was finishing, they spoke about the breakup.

One of the presenters made mention about whether Kate would be the next "Diana" or the next "Camilla"...:wacko:...which to be honest, I found it a little insulting given the insinuation that either William's first marriage would end in ruin, or that Kate would be a possible 'third' party at some stage.

Last edited:
Madame Royale said:
I just watched a local (national) news programme here in Australia and as the show was finishing, they spoke about the breakup.

One of the presenters made mention about whether Kate would be the next "Diana" or the next "Camilla"...:wacko:
And what would happen to all those tea towels and plate sets and Kate should better get some of those. Do you think its true that William perfers a girl like Chelsea: apprantly shes "intelligent and fun".

I think this whole breakup story is a load of bunk, everyone is just jumping on a rumor some rag printed. :rolleyes:

Speaking of bunk, I think it's an insult to imply that she wasn't "fit" to be a queen, or to "bear heirs". I can think of a LOT of worse people William could have chosen/will choose to wed, so I think that's unfair to say about her.

Last edited:
I don't believe that they broke up; just the opposite! They probably will be getting married!!

princess olga said:
Frankly, I can. Kate seemed a nice enough girl, but to me, she never seemed the love of his life for some reason. Never liked her that much as princess material either.

I always thoughts William's former flame Jessica Craig was much more interesting, much more suitable. I hope he finds another Jessica, a woman of the world, rather than some boring suburban girl with not a real interest (seemingly, that is) in the world. :ermm:

Who is Jessica Craig and how long ago was this??

Honestly when Wills said he didn't want to think about marriage until he was at least 28 I had a feeling they wouldn't last.
But not because I didn't think she was P. material- I think she handled herself remarkably well as far as the media's concerned- it's just bad timing. Maybe if they had met a few years later down the road.

As second in line to the throne, William has a lot of learning to do for his future position. He is in the Army now, and wants to give his best attention to that. He will probably also have a secondment to the Navy and the RAF, and further experiences in other areas. This means that he is probably not going to be thinking of getting married for perhaps another 4 or 5 years. Even if they are still in love, could Kate wait (she is already 25) and - most importantly - could she stand the pressure of the media, especially the paparazzi, every time she does anything.

She has behaved impeccably over the last 4 years, but maybe another 4, with the press attention getting worse, is just too much to bear.

Camilla also 'cut and ran' from her relationship with Charles when she was young. Of course, in those days it was also likely that the Royal Household would have been strongly against a marriage with someone who was neither royal nor from a major noble background, which is not the case now. (Camilla's mother is from a noble background, but not a Duke, Marquess or Earl's family.) A daughter of the then Duke of Wellington, Lady Jane Wellesley, was also fairly strongly linked with Charles, but she left the relationship saying she just could not live in the glare of the Royal Family.

The glare is even stronger now. I feel so sorry for William. He is not ready, at 24, to settle down, but the pressure this puts on any genuine relationship is likely to be too much for the lady in question to bear. We can only hope that, in a few years time, he meets someone he wishes to marry, and that they can tie the knot very quickly. Then, at least, there would be the protection of the Royal Family's security service against intrusive paparazzi, etc.

As sorry as I feel for Kate, this really doesn't surprise me. I knew it would happen one day, I just didn't know what exact day. But it is good that they did it now, rather than be engaged, or worse, married. I hope the best for both of them in the future, it's not easy losing someone you've been really close to for what, 5 years?

Last edited by a moderator:
SASSY said:

I could rehash the 'Jecca' story, but all you have to do is google her name, Jessica Craig, and you'll learn all about it.. That is probably easier than rehashing the old news or gossip, and upseting the moderators for getting off topic! :lol:

Definitely for the best, no? I mean she's spent four years with this guy, and it was going nowhere. She will no doubt end up marrying well--she'll still be in that upper crust social circle, don't you think?

Regarding the mail on sunday article: I am not sure what kind of publication this is, rag or reputable. However, I will only reiterate what I said earlier, and that is that I believe that we should take EVERYTHING reported with a CHUNK of salt. The picture in that article could be from years ago for all we know. And even the "sources" they are quoting are not said to be friends of the couple. So that "source" could very well just be someone who is nothing to either of the people that were/are in this relationship. My sincerest hope being that they sort it out, but if now, we level headed people on this forum do not need to add to the misery by believing every piece of garbage written.

Okay - so now I know. The daily mail is not a reputable source. But let's try this on for size, for anyone who wants to wholeheartedly believe what they have written.

Assumption number one then: The daily mail is reputable.
Assumption 2: They have a source, who although they have failed to identify as even close to the couple, they have chosen to believe.
Assumption 3: This source was allowed by William (who if we are assuming this much thus far, we must assume William then has no class, no manners, and no feelings) to sit in on the break up and heard very clearly what was said to Ms Middleton
Assumption 4: This source, who obviously is such a great friend of Williams, and who knows how much he must value his privacy, has chosen nevertheless to blurt all the sordid details to a newspaper reporter.

Whatever the case may be between the two of them, for the above:

I JUST DO NOT THINK SO!

Lucky old Kate I say, the prospect of spending the rest of my life in that environement wouldn't thrill me to bits.
She can one day though when she is sitting with her grandchildren around her, tell them all about the time that she once dated and 'almost married' the King of England. :king:

SASSY said:

Honestly when Wills said he didn't want to think about marriage until he was at least 28 I had a feeling they wouldn't last.
But not because I didn't think she was P. material- I think she handled herself remarkably well as far as the media's concerned- it's just bad timing. Maybe if they had met a few years later down the road.

Jessica Craig was the girl William met during his gap year when he was in Africa, apparently the 2 had a fling while he worked at her family's wildlife preserve.

Prince William and Jessica Craig - The Internet Forum

The link has a short bio of Jessica Craig

crisscross1 said:
Lucky old Kate I say, the prospect of spending the rest of my life in that environement wouldn't thrill me to bits.

Here here!

If by any chance it was William who instigated the breakup (assuming it is factual), I think his done her a great service in the long run. More than he possibly realises I would endeavour to think.

Last edited:
Please ladies let's not have any posts gleefully celebrating that William is back on the market like he was a piece of fish or prime rib. We are a ROYAL forum and we want to maintain a certain level of dignity and taste! I've had to delete some posts that would make poor William blush if he saw them!

Thanks for your cooperation and for otherwise keeping this thread so civil and pleasant.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Madame Royale said:
Here here!

If by any chance it was William who instigated the breakup (assuming it is factual), I think his done her a great service in the long run. More than he possibly realises I would endeavour to think.

I agree. I certainly wouldn't want to take on the full time, lifetime job in the public spotlight that whoever marries William will be assuming. It sounds hellish to me, as does William's for that matter. To have one's life planned out the way his is being planned is a totally alien and very frightening concept to me.

I have some mixed feelings though. On the one hand I want to know what happens to Kate now, job-wise and relationship-wise, but on the other hand I hope the media leave her completely alone to slip back into the comfort of a private life out of the media glare.

The Daily Mail was once so positive about Middleton's "poise" and "grace" and "style". Now they are slipping her far-from-subtle insults about her mother being a former "stewardess" who 'got too big for her britches' (American speak for, 'above her station'). At one time, the Middletons were hard-working, ambitious self-made millionaires. Now suddenly they are social-climbing posers. If the woman has had enough, who can blame her? :ohmy:

It may take some time to sort out exactly all what is happening here but of course the tabloids are not going to wait that long before they put forth their own spin.

Patience, ladies, we'll find out what's up in the end.

Reading the stories, it almost looks like the media are writing obituaries for Kate. All of their best photos, and all of their lovely little phrases, like "from students to sweethearts" on the BBC.

That suff about Carol Middleton seems so ridicioulous. Why can't the press just leave them both alone now?

I had a feeling that the breakup would be coming soon. I don't believe either of them is ready to settle down. Kate also couldn't handle the media attention and the attention comes with the title and lifestyle. I think William and Kate realized that the time had come to end it. They seemed to be drifting apart during their latest outings together. Wills is not ready to be married and I believe that is want Kate wanted. I wish them both the best of luck and, for Kate, the media storm ends soon.

Wow! I don't know what to think of all of this. I really thought that they would get engaged soon. I'm not really dissapointed though. I like Kate but not as much as a used to. He'll find another girlfriend that I like sometime in the future I'm sure, but I really hope he stays single for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom