The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Nobility

Ah well, at least I can dream of another Royal-royal marriage or royal-noble marriage for wills.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I hope it's not true... This was very surprising! They looked so happy together the last time!

Old 04-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Courtier

What a relief ! Really didn't like her

And now I have a shot with him ! Kidding .. actually not really
Old 04-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Courtier

I Hope I Did This Correctly....

Report: Prince William single again

Prince William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton have ended their four-year relationship, dashing hopes of a royal wedding to rival that of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.
The Sun newspaper reported Saturday that the couple had reached an "amicable agreement" to separate. Sources confirmed the split to the Press Association news agency.
William's Clarence House office refused to comment, saying it did not discuss the prince's private life, but royal sources did not deny the report, tacitly acknowledging it was true.
The newspaper said the split was caused by the huge pressures on the young couple and by William's career in the army. The second in line to the throne graduated from Sandhurst military academy in December and is undergoing further training at an army base in rural England.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I was quite surprised to hear the news, and I'm still a bit cautious believing it. The Sun doesn’t fall into my category of 'trustworthy' paper and all other magazines/newspapers/channels seem to be quoting the Sun.
Euronews said the Sun first leaked it then some friends of the Prince confirmed it; however I haven't seen any sort of confirmation from any known friends, unless I wasn't careful enough when reading the posts in the thread.

If it is however true, I'm very sorry for the couple. Hope both of them will be able to find happiness with different partners.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Gentry

I'm really surprised and sad at the story. I thought they were great together. I thought they wouldn't get married anytime soon. But for them to break up is a great surprise. :(
Old 04-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

I think it is true, Avalon. I had today the time to stay online and surf around and watch all news on TV. All serious news channels and papers and websites have the headlines too. Only Clarence House gave no comment, but they were only a couple but not engaged or married, this could be the reason.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by janos614
I can't really picture him with anyone else- they seemed like a good match in many ways.
Frankly, I can. Kate seemed a nice enough girl, but to me, she never seemed the love of his life for some reason. Never liked her that much as princess material either.

I always thoughts William's former flame Jessica Craig was much more interesting, much more suitable. I hope he finds another Jessica, a woman of the world, rather than some boring suburban girl with not a real interest (seemingly, that is) in the world.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I think all of them are crediting the Sun as a source, milla Ca. And it's a newspaper that was reporting about their 'enagement' every week or so.

I know Clarence House won't make any comments, they never do on issues like this. The only way, I guess, is to wait and see. Surely sooner or later we'll know the truth - if, say, we don't see them together next time Prince William has free time, then I'll be prepared to believe the news.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I'm still surprised how the story went wrong so suddenly. Even the press and paparazzi didn't had a clue ! I was gessing that the engagement would have been announced during the summer holiday which would have made the commemoration of princess Diana a little less depressing.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY
Ingrid Seward, editor of Majesty magazine, said the couple's relationship had reached an impasse.
"They can't go forward because William is in the army and he's dedicated the next few years of his life to that, so he's not in a position to get married," Seward said.
"They had lived together when they were at university, so in a way their relationship has become more difficult. They have seen a lot less of each other and are under a huge amount of pressure."
They broke up because of the 'inconvenience?' If true, then it was not real love. If your true love is in the army for a while, you will weather it, if the person's worth it. Clearly, that's not the case then here, with two people who don't want to be inconvenienced, <if> this army-story was the breakup factor.

And anyway, Kate got what she wanted: a cool, coveted job in the fashion world, without an ounce of previous experience.

And as for William: maybe he just was not that keen on acquiring such an ambitious mom in law! Good for him!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:07 PM

The Times took the story on no doubt because the News International Ltd owns both The Times and The Sun.
The Times just copied many of the Sun's words verbatim in many spots.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1653499.ece
Old 04-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
And anyway, Kate got what she wanted: a cool, coveted job in the fashion world, without an ounce of previous experience.
She could have easily gotten the Jigsaw job without William, considering that the Robinsons, the owners, are her parents' friends. And I don't think working for Jigsaw as a buyer is one of "the cool coveted" fashion jobs. Sure, it is a good job, but there are many more companies, like the Haute Couture houses that make Jigsaw seem rather simple. Jigsaw is good, no doubt, but not exactly like being an intern for Catherine Walker, is it?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
The Times took the story on no doubt because the News International Ltd owns both The Times and The Sun.
The Times just copied many of the Sun's words verbatim in many spots.
Prince William and Kate Middleton split -News-UK-TimesOnline
Okay, but i think a paper like the Times or a serious news channel will always check the news before they copie a tabloid like the Sun.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Okay, but i think a paper like the Times or a serious news channel will always check the news before they copie a tabloid like the Sun.
I am a bit mystified why other Royal correspondents like Ingrid Seward with "their" Royal sources obviously had no clue what was coming. Plus we've heard enough of the Sun's "Royal sources" when they announced an engagement that was not forthcoming. So - I'm not yet convinced it's true. IMHO it would be a wonderful way to give the Sun a run for their public image.... And to get back on Richard Kay on angling this scoop in front of him, asking him to do nice stories about Charles and Camilla and then allowing him to drop a bomb that never was... I'll wait and see - so far I don't think the story is that plausibel.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Well the Times was in a bad position. "EVeryone else" was picking up the story: BBC, PA, Reuters....So the Times, being under the same owner's cap as the Sun,would just look foolish if they didn't take it on. Yet if the story turns out untrue, it looks shifty for all these news agencies and "respected" publications that took it on.

I agree that it would have been so hilarious to see Richard Kay fall on his arse with it! Oh well! Not that I have anything personally against him.... it would just be funny!!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

I would be glad, if you´re right with your doubts Jo and Avalon! ...and also CasiraghiTrio!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Commoner

I think its very sad. I really thought they made a cute couple
Old 04-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

well, I am absolutely shocked. I had always had a premonition that it wouldn't last but the news still took my breath away.

It is sad and worrisome.

I am definitely in the "Theodora camp" but I always liked Kate because she was his first serious girlfriend. it would be so sweet and romantic if he were to marry his first love and all that.

But I worry that William may now embark on a string on fleeting relationships. that is bad for the monarchy and I also think it would be bad for William personally.

I'm also worried because the known is usually preferable to the unknown. Kate was -to me, atleast- quite acceptable as a princess. she was pretty, had great style and seemed to be a genuinely sweet, caring person.

now who knows what sort of girl William will settle on??she might be awful.

but well, he may settle on Theodora. hope springs eternal.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:44 PM

Wait.... Theodora? His cousin? Isn't William's grandfather Theodora's father's second cousin? That would make them fourth cousins and that is still too creepy closely related for my comfort. Fifth cousins, maybe, and beyond that sure, but not fourth..... It's just too much for nowadays.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships