The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Gentry

William & Kate Split

Royal watchers stunned as Wills and Kate split

I'm really sorry to see this. I thought they were such a well-matched couple.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

I just read the news in people magazine online. How sad! They did go well together. Has the royal house said anything about this to actually verify that it is indeed true?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 AM

I feel very sad about this, because they seemed so genuine. I hope he's not following his father's path of not comitting to the woman he loved and then marrying someone else, only to be miserable. I'd like to believe it's all just a ploy to allow them time away from the media spotlight, but I think in my heart it's really over. So sad.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Commoner

why do some people think it isnt true?? its reported in nearly all the newspapers and it has been all over the news now if it wasn't true there would have already been a statement released stating that.

I for one do believe its true, william has his life in the army in devon and kate has her life in london doing whatever it is she is suppose to do. I haven't really ever liked kate there is just something about her and i couldnt take to her at all. For everyone saying she was so good for him...how do you know that, we have never known william to be with someone else officially, give it a couple years the same people will be saying this about his next girlfriend.

I dont find this all sad, it happens it was a relationship it wasnt like they were married, sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt, and in this case it it obviously didnt work out. I think William found the pressure to marry to strong and i get the feeling kate wanted marriage to him more then he wanted it.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Nobility

I think I kind of agree with Luv2cruise. I think it probably is a ruse.It is very rare that in a break up there aren't clues in the media for weeks in advance that things are going sour and I haven't really read anything like this in the press.If the palace hasn't said anything then maybe they want the press to leave them alone.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Gentry

I may be wrong but I think it is also true. I do not think it was the media pressure I believe it was probably that William wasn't ready to get married and Kate was. It's odd he is sort of reliving his father's footsteps in a way, except of course he is way happier. I do not think Kate was the "right" one for him and do hope he eventually finds her. IMO he has plenty of time.

Lily
Old 04-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Nobility

I think they outgrew each other ,that happens alot not that I am dismissing the media presure it's a factor but they were only 20 when they met and now at 24 it's either marry or split sounds strange but but it happens.William has said he he's too young to marry and wants to wait until he's 28-30 maybe that's for the best for him to wait for a while.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I don't think so. IMHO the nice articles Richard Kay has written about prince Charles were his payment for this "scoop". IMHO the news is really from inside of William's circle. But is it the truth? I'm not so sure. There are two basic possibilities: William and Catherine stopped loving each other or they still love.

Possibility A: It's the truth and that's the end of it. The best thing for both of them would be to really finish their relationship and not pretend to be "just friends" who meet occassionally, stirring up all kind of rumours.

Possibility B: They are still in love, they still have a secret agenda but they want to get rid of the attention and the feverish speculations about their plans. In this case both profit from their "split" - Catherine gets a chance to review her decision for William and might be able to enter into new fields of professional working without all the media hassle. Because who cares about the "old flames" of Royals? William OTOH can concentrate on his job and responsibilities without feeling that he is forced into marriage. It could be predicted that the upcoming "Diana"-year would add to this pressure - now this pressure is gone for now.

I have no idea which possibility is the truth. But both could be it, IMHO.
I don´t think possibility B is the truth.
I can not believe that it is a bit of bad luck that we have seen the photos of a probably drunken William touching the breast of a strange girl only some weeks ago? It was never before his way to behave like that.
And why didn´t spent William and Kate their Easter holidays together?
Maybe we must start to accept the ´new situation´, or i´m not right?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts
Well...I am not surprised at all....
Me, too. I did not see this relationship lasting another 4 or 5 years. Kate was getting restless with the media scrutiny and the invasive nature of the papparizzi. Her recent battle in court with the media outlets in Britain proved that and I felt the clock started to tick then on the demise of their relationship. However, I do not think the end of their relationship was the result of love lost or an affair, but given the fact, Kate was tried of invasive media and William was not ready for marriage. As William stated, "I do not see myself married before 28." Given that he is 24/25? To wait on your prince for another 4 to 5 years with the media pressure is unfair. Unlike the other crownprinces of Europe, when they found their lady loves, whom they went on to marry, they were not in their mid-twenties still trying to sort out their lives, they had come to known themselves and the responsilbity their titles posed and they were ready to settled down. William is not at this point yet, but someday he wil be and when his time comes I hope the young lady understands clearly beforehand the responsiblity and scarfice it takes to be with her prince.

Errily, this relationship seems to echo a bit Camilla and Charles. Maybe this young couple is meant to be but time is not on their side at the moment. But best wishes to them both.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Aristocracy

I hope kate will be ok.
It could turn into a Charles/Camilla situation in years to come.We really don't know what has gone on between them,and yes the recent newspaper coverage has made things worse.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its soo sad, I was hoping to see Kate as william's wife and a member of the British Royal Family. Maybe this was for the best.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Aristocracy

The Royalist says this,

Quote:
According to entertainment correspondent Neil Sean, Clarence House should batten down the hatches for the Sunday papers and the fallout from the split: "All the stories that they {the press} have held back — and there are some stories, because I know this, because of the situation, because they are together — it will be open floodgates tomorrow."
HTML Code:
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1990/1/
Old 04-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I hope kate will be ok.
It could turn into a Charles/Camilla situation in years to come.We really don't know what has gone on between them,and yes the recent newspaper coverage has made things worse.
You said what I was thinking. Great Post!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Well, she has gone to her family home this weekend.
About the "breakup", "cooling off", the "time and Space".... I see some various possibilities:

1) It's another "cooling off" (time and space, or something like that) as the softer version from Hello! says.
2) It's genuine, and permanent, maybe because Middleton has second thoughts (maybe the media, or maybe she is more ready for commitment than him) or because William is in love with another (maybe Jecca, I always suspected it's possible)
3) It's temporary to get the media to back off the Kate stories and get some attn back on the big anniversaries this year: Charles and Camilla, Diana concert, the Queen's Golden Wedding anniv., maybe even get some glory back on Haz and Iraq, who knows. It's too big for Windsor markers to be upstaged by Jigsaw accessories buyers. Maybe she and the prince came to a private agreement to spend as much time apart so that things will quiet down about she can have the privacy she seems to want.

I tend to believe the third possibility but I don't expect anyone to agree. In fact, I imagine my belief is an unpopuar one.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

A Royal Split? Paper Says Prince Single Again - with photos

Top News- A Royal Split? Paper Says Prince Single Again - AOL News
Old 04-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyton
I hope kate will be ok.
I really don´t believe this. I never felt the attraction of C+C (even as now married couple) between them. They should look for other partners. Will hasn´t found is great love yet.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilah
Errily, this relationship seems to echo a bit Camilla and Charles. Maybe this young couple is meant to be but time is not on their side at the moment. But best wishes to them both.
Of course the same thing has occured to many people. I've had the Charles/Camilla thought. But it's being too negative. Why predict doom and gloom? Why is that inevitable? We should give William more credit and believe that he has learned some lessons from the past rather than just be a slave to inherited flaws.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Commoner

i tend to agree with u. i think their story goes beyond that and they'll still end up together . i don't agree with will if he stops the relationship because he's too young to get married. He almost 25 so i guess finding the right person and putting wedding off just because of age or time doesn't make sense
Old 04-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Gentry

As the future king he should get his life in order. He strikes me as not really wanting to be king. Anything but. He needs to just get on with it. He is hiding in my opinion first university then the army to avoid the media and what his purpose was in life.

Kate was probably tired of waiting around for him to make a decision. He is going to end up like his Father. Chasing the love of his life after she got tired of waiting for him to make a move.

At least I believe his Father has always wanted to be king and will be a good one.

Sorry for the long winded post I am just frustrated with the younger royals. In a time when less and less people find the monarchy worthwhile the younger generation should be even more keen to show how useful they can be.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

I hope it's not some newspaper's twisted way to get a scoup knowing the parties probably won't make a statement one way or another. If they did, they would be expected to report on the state of their relationship at every turn.

If the story is true, I don't think it reflect well on William at all. What kind of person breaks up with his girlfriend not over their relationship but to prove a point to the press. It's not like the press interest will suddenly back off now that he ditched Kate. IMO, he actually just proved the press can make him do things he didn't want to do.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships