The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i don't think any of us is saying that catherine (or william) is looking for anyone to blame. if anything, she's been her wonderful, discreet self. we're merely speculating because of course we couldn't possibly know her feelings or what the situation was that lead to the end of the relationship.
Well in article just said that people she worked with says that Catherine blames prince Charles because of his advice. I' m thinking that in those circumstances its unfortuantely normal to want to blame someone.

As for the 4 months. I realize the press was hounding Diana...But honestly, I think that if nothing came out of it, things would have died down a bit...eventually...And maybe it would have given both time to think..

Knowing someone for a long time and dating them is two different things...

Old 04-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekalc
Well in article just said that people she worked with says that Catherine blames prince Charles because of his advice. I' m thinking that in those circumstances its unfortuantely normal to want to blame someone.
Yes, but we don't know how true that article is. What that article said was speculated in the press before that article came out. So it wasn't an original idea and easy enough due to that to make up the story. And it did come from the Mirror.
He did use his name but how much did he make on it? He also would have made extra for allowing them to use his name. I don't know how much they pay at the UK tabs but it might have been worth enough money to him to deal with any consequences later. ie.. willing to bet Kate wouldn't sue him.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Nobility

Well, i think the person who sold the story may be out of a job and should be opstracised by the other colleagues before he leaves.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
I think this means that after going round in circles and trying to lay the "Breakup Blame" at a variety of well-shod feet, the press is now back to where it started.
It appears there's nothing further to say (or speculate), unless they rehash the same all over again next week.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
Well, i think the person who sold the story may be out of a job and should be opstracised by the other colleagues before he leaves.
PDF...you have to remember to take these stories with a grain of salt...especially take note of the publication in which they appear. A lot of these articles appear in the "not very reliable" tabloids so I wouldn't take them very seriously. it's entirely possible that someone said "something" to the press but you can't count on it being quoted correctly.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
Mysterious blond? I don't know how much I believe in this report.

What they say in common sense though. Didn't William say he wasn't ready to get married until he was 30?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Courtier

I'm on his corner all the way. I think it takes a lot of courage to end things with a wonderful girl, whom for whatever reason, was not quite right enough. His destiny has been chosen for him, at the very least he should be allowed to choose his bride! I wish him all the happiness when he's ready to share his life with someone!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Royal Highness

while i think he should be able to live "as normal a life as possible", and going out clubbing is just something that some people enjoy doing, i think it's really bad for his public image to have it all splashed across the front pages. i don't blame either of them for the break simply because we don't know the facts but if he keeps up the drinking and partying he's going to do some serious damage to his image.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

To be royal, must be very lonely

I don't envy then in any way, shape or form.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Commoner

adding my two cents here:

i don't think it's fair to blame william on the breakup; or use the opportunity to dish on him. i mean, if he's really that bad of a human being, i have to wonder kate's own motive of keeping the relationship going on for so long. also, any relationship comes with a whole package, if we want to discuss Kate's "sacrifice", it's only fair that we should also bring up all the "perks" of being the gf of a future king.

personally, the William camp behaved far better during the whole breakup drama. at least, they didn't try to trash the other party while defending him; as far as i knew, they even rarely got quoted in papers.

this relationship has run its course. it's time for Kate and us to move on. if there's no new development, maybe the moderator of this thread should consider closing it. no point of finger pointing and speculating forever
Old 05-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Nobility

If they are broken up do the paps still insist on taking pics of Catherine (Kate) while there only pics of William were after his brother's farewell party?
Unless there are pics of him kissing a blonde or Brunette girl.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanJP
adding my two cents here:

i don't think it's fair to blame william on the breakup; or use the opportunity to dish on him. i mean, if he's really that bad of a human being, i have to wonder kate's own motive of keeping the relationship going on for so long. also, any relationship comes with a whole package, if we want to discuss Kate's "sacrifice", it's only fair that we should also bring up all the "perks" of being the gf of a future king.

personally, the William camp behaved far better during the whole breakup drama. at least, they didn't try to trash the other party while defending him; as far as i knew, they even rarely got quoted in papers.

this relationship has run its course. it's time for Kate and us to move on. if there's no new development, maybe the moderator of this thread should consider closing it. no point of finger pointing and speculating forever
excellent points. i agree.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Mysterious blond? I don't know how much I believe in this report.

What they say in common sense though. Didn't William say he wasn't ready to get married until he was 30?
IMO, that should have been Kate's cue to exit. That's pretty loud and clear to me!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

as usual she looks great. glad to see someone's having good weather!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:21 PM

Karla64 thanks for posting those fabulous pix of Kate. She looks wonderful. A class act, there.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Courtier

She looks relaxed and like a breath of fresh air. Is she still wearing the ring William gave her? I was never able to figure out which one it was...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Courtier

Why they don´t leave her alone? It´s over now. She is a royal exfriend. There is nothing more what have to be interesting for us.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Unless there are pics of him kissing a blonde or Brunette girl.
I hope William is an equal opportunity dater and will be seen romancing a red-head too.
In other news, I agree with Yan that since all scenarios have been explored ad nauseum this thread should probably be closed; otherwise it's bound to become former-princess-in-waiting-Kate's unofficial memorial (see above post with pictures of her in the groundbreaking activity of walking down the street)...

Old 05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

happy kate

glad to see that kate is looking so well, good for her.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships