The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Add me to the "me, too" list.

I met my husband when I was 24 and he was 31, and we're still together 29 years later.

We were both studying part-time, but we were working full time and though I was only 24 I guess our situation is a bit different from the "met while still at school or university" category.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
Is there a difference in social standing when saying Please to Meet You and Nice to Meet You?

I am confused.
Don't be, it is a rather old fashioned attitude that everyone is pleased to meet a member of the royal family and therefore when greeting a royal, they have no need to state the obvious. There is no difference between pleased to meet you and nice to meet you, the same 'rules' apply.
- - - - - - - - -
I can't understand the fuss, it's not as if she said 'Hey dude, how's it hangin' or something like that!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Don't be, it is a rather old fashioned attitude that everyone is pleased to meet a member of the royal family and therefore when greeting a royal, they have no need to state the obvious. There is no difference between pleased to meet you and nice to meet you, the same 'rules' apply.
- - - - - - - - -
I can't understand the fuss, it's not as if she said 'Hey dude, how's it hangin' or something like that!
I can't understand the fuss either. I know it's not the "proper form" greeting, but I don't see a serious problem with telling HM that's you're pleased to meet her if indeed you are. I'm sure she is still pleased to know people are pleased to meet her. Frankly I think that saying, "How do you do?" is a bit silly.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I can't understand the fuss either. I know it's not the "proper form" greeting, but I don't see a serious problem with telling HM that's you're pleased to meet her if indeed you are. I'm sure she is still pleased to know people are pleased to meet her. Frankly I think that saying, "How do you do?" is a bit silly.
The 'people' who are commenting do seem to be working from the money making 'etiquette' books, written by an etiquette 'expert' who most likely walked on the same street as a royal or aristocrat, 25 years ago.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw some news about Kate beeing really furious with the press for something regarding her mother!Sorry but I cannot tell more details because my computer is very slow today!
I will miss her if she will not appear in these forum again!Hope to see some pictures of her regularly!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
Add me to the "me, too" list.

I met my husband when I was 24 and he was 31, and we're still together 29 years later.

We were both studying part-time, but we were working full time and though I was only 24 I guess our situation is a bit different from the "met while still at school or university" category.
Hoping you don't mind me jumping into your conversation. I met my husband when i was 17. We dated for almost eight years and been happily married almost 14 years. We were both in University and both working part time. So I guess we been together for 22 years... Still going strong.... Has nothing to do with being too young. ITs a maturity and trust.....and a few things as well....
For those who have seen the Earth from space, and for the hundreds and perhaps thousands more who will,The experience most certainly changes your percetive.The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us.
Donald Williams.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

Not to sound like Gandalf or anything but my instinct says Kate has some part yet to play in the future. I wouldn't rule her out completely. who knows she might be Williams Camilla for all we know.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Commoner

If history is to repeat itself she will become Harry's wife and they will reign together.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:22 PM

I don't think Kate is really Harry's type.... Besides, that bloke seems head over heels in love with Chelsy, practically worships her....

P.S. History does not actually repeat itself, not entirely, ever. Context never repeats. Isolated things repeat, but the context is always different, unique.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
Not to sound like Gandalf or anything but my instinct says Kate has some part yet to play in the future. I wouldn't rule her out completely. who knows she might be Williams Camilla for all we know.
I rather hope not. I don't want to see Kate consigned to the role of William's "confidante" and the "other woman" in his marriage. I hope that she finds someone wonderful who makes her the happiest woman in the world, who encourages her and supports her and with whom she has an extremely fulfilling professional and family life for the rest of her days.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
who knows she might be Williams Camilla for all we know
I certainly hope not. She deserves better than that.

And to be honest, in this day and age, If that ever were the case I think the monarchy would find itself in a most fragile position. William having a relationship outside of wedlock would be, I think, a most dangerous move for the institution.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Serene Highness

Kate has already tasted the bitter media pill of association with royalty. The poor girl deserves some peace after the constant hounding. As for William, he shouldn't be forced into marriage if he is not ready, but on the other hand, it is high time that he start acting like the second in line to the throne and ceases his high profile galavanting about and random groping of young women.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Aristocracy

WENN Photo Library
Kate looks fine!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Commoner

Love how Kate's loosened up since the breakup - she looks so much more natural in front of the camera - because who cares how she acts now! She doesn't have to be accountable to the royal family. I always liked her, but if its not meant to be...
Old 04-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope we still can get to see pictures of her sometimes! I really like her I think she likes to have fun and go out with friendss during the nigth, very appropriate for her age, really not for a future QUEEN!!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Commoner

I think Kate is a really clever girl. Just look at how she has stolen Prince William the show after the break-up. All we have seen of him is getting totally drunk last weekend, allegedly burning 11K on money on drinks, while Kate carefully made sure she was seen in public smiling, looking stunning, controlled, mature, almost as if she wants to demonstrate that it is indeed his loss, not hers. She even had the nerve to go to the nightclub in which William only six days ago shouted "I'm free" and danced with William's buddy Guy.

I would really love be able to read mindes just once - only to find out if William has already had some second thoughts whether or not dumping Kate was a brilliant move. Being single as an officer living in barracks might have some appeal in theory, but once you really face the music and have to take a lone trip to the local cinema instead of being able to spend quality time with the girl that really cares for you, it may well be some kind of reality shock.

Quite frankly, the whole thing has turned out to be a media disaster for the Royal Family and William's inner circle of polo lads despite all the spin doctors in the background. It could not have been worse, the whole snobbery discussion has done considerable damage and most likely alienated quite a few people.

It is a bit like Manchester vs. Roma the other week: Middleton 7, Wales 1.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Well, there are new pictures at Hola!
http://www.hola.com/galeria-de-image...eccion=inglesa
Old 04-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness

i hate burst your bubbles (and please correct me if i'm wrong) but the photos from the WENN link are from April 7 which is a week before they "officially" broke up. nevertheless, she looks fantastic as usual!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Gentry

I think they where from the 20th. 20.04.07. I could be wrong.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Commoner

Lightbulb and....

Honestly, who cares what the kid does, it is no business of mine who he dates, does, flings, weds, or any of that, should he do any of that. He would never do anything to upset his Dad or Grandparents. So I will just wait watch and be entertained. I just hope he goes for someone who can actually be called beautiful, and balanced. Those boys have really disapointed me with their decisions, the females they have "hooked up" with or possibly "shagged" are truly "ill gaited" and "badly conformed", comon boys, date Asians.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships