The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownprincess
Here is a link to a timeline of their relatioship. I cannot beleive that April 14th should really mark the end of it !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...4/nkate214.xml
Luckily it's not April 13th, or else it will be Friday the 13th. I was shocked to read the news just now. But, unsure if it's true or not. They seemed to be so close together. Anyway, I personally see it as not a bad thing because I believe William should have more choices before he finally settles down.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
isn't the Sun a british tabloid? am I the only one weirded out that all these news agencies, who are suppose to be some what reliable, are using a tabloid as the basis of their own stories
Yes, all the reports refer back to the Sun. Either news editors don't want to be left behind, and we have the media reporting on the media as "news", or the story has been confirmed through private sources and so they are confident it is true.

Where to from here? Will he make the same mistake as his father and pass up his "true love?" Will his upcoming war experience give him a new perspective, and change his mind about Kate? Will she wait? And if the relationship is over, what woman, after observing what Kate Middleton has endured, will willingly put herself in the same position? Who wants paparazzi camped outside their front door? From William's perspective, the longer he takes to find Ms Right, the greater the expectation and pressure, as experienced by his father.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:31 AM
Gentry

Wow! I thought it was a bad joke but its really true. Last I heard everyone was talking about the two getting married in 2008 and now they've split.

Warren, where is this thread for Wife for William? I'm interested in who would be a good wife for Wills.

BeatrixFan, I would love to see a ROYAL wedding with Wills and Madde but isn't she with Jonas? (I guess I'll check the couples thread)
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKnottie
Warren, where is this thread for Wife for William? I'm interested in who would be a good wife for Wills.
In retrospect we appear to have been a touch premature: we merged the 'Wife for William' and the 'Wife for Harry' threads into one: here. We may need to go for round two!
Theodora, Madeleine, in other words the same as before, but this time I hope we can manage to avoid the inclusion of the Roman Catholic Charlotte Casiraghi among the suitable prospects.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

I'm hoping against hope that they've organised a fake breakup to be tricky...with him being away and them only being able to see each other once a week, I'm hoping that they decided to say "we broke up!" so that Kate is given a break by the press and they will continue to see each other in secret.

Well, that's my hope but... I realise it's probably not happening.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Royal Highness

If the rumours are true, i hope the reason for the spilt of William and Kate isn´t the pressure from the press and the public because of a marriage.
That would be very sad.
I argree with Warren that it will be very difficult for William to find his Princess, to get a new partner who will be´the one´ for him and who will be fit to be Queen one day.
I really hope he will not do the same mistake his father did....
Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

If they split because of the media pressure, then poor them! I feel terribly sorry for this curse over the Windsors!
I have to say I thought very highy of Kate and the way she appeared as a woman with a sensible head over her shoulders... as Danielane, I also doubt that any royal/equally-born girlfriend would resist to this pressure with so much grace as she did.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Yes, all the reports refer back to the Sun. Either news editors don't want to be left behind, and we have the media reporting on the media as "news", or the story has been confirmed through private sources and so they are confident it is true.

Where to from here? Will he make the same mistake as his father and pass up his "true love?" Will his upcoming war experience give him a new perspective, and change his mind about Kate? Will she wait? And if the relationship is over, what woman, after observing what Kate Middleton has endured, will willingly put herself in the same position? Who wants paparazzi camped outside their front door? From William's perspective, the longer he takes to find Ms Right, the greater the expectation and pressure, as experienced by his father.
I totally agree. I wonder how he will find a women who will accept to support everything Kate had endured. I didn't think I would say some day I'm feeling sympathetic to the Windsors, but I believe this day has come.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
I'm hoping against hope that they've organised a fake breakup to be tricky...with him being away and them only being able to see each other once a week, I'm hoping that they decided to say "we broke up!" so that Kate is given a break by the press and they will continue to see each other in secret.

Well, that's my hope but... I realise it's probably not happening.
That is my hope too...
Old 04-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Courtier

How I wish this is just a fake break up to get the pressure of a marriage off their backs.

Stellad
Old 04-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Courtier

well if it's true or not CNN is actually broadcasting this umm "sad" news on their morning news show "Saturday Morning" (if anyone in the US is interested just tune in, it's live i think). I feel a bit bad for Kate if this rumor is true because umm some people seem to be taking the "news" with a bit of, i guess, maybe excitement. The newscaster seem to be giddy with a big smile on her face when announcing this news, which if your also interested, is being announced along side such stories as the CIA leaks, 5 million lost emails at the white house, the near fatal car accident of the Governor of New Jersey and a new bombing in Iraq. But they will be having some what of a "special report" of the break up, I think they will have some one in front Buckingham palace and all that good stuff.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Unhappy

I for one am sad at this (assuming it turns out to be true). They seemed to really be in love and have a good solid steady relationship and they made such a gorgeous couple. Maybe this is more along the lines of "taking a break" than any thing else. Sad to hear it.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Gentry

Wow, I just read about this on Hello magazine's website--I'm a little shocked, they seemed to go so well together. However, just because they are splitting up for the moment doesn't mean that they won't get back together someday. William IS young and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Add to that the fact that he's very busy right now with his military career and Kate should be finding out more about herself and what she wants out of life, also. I think this could be a good decision for them right now. At least if they would eventually get back together they will have more 'world' experience and realize that they are the best match for each other. If not, then at least they didn't jump in and make another bad Royal marriage.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

The same on fe other sites
Prince*William breaks up with girlfriend - CNN.com

Royal watchers stunned as Wills and Kate split Hello
Old 04-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

I just heard the news.When it's true, than it's really sad for them.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Nobility

All news-stations refers to the article in "the sun" so we still have to wait and see!
But also here in scandinavia it has been a big news-story today so i guess it has reported over a big part of the world already.

I am not so sure that clarence house will commentate this ever because it is still Williams and only Williams life.
But we have to wait and see.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard
I am not so sure that clarence house will commentate this ever because it is still Williams and only Williams life.
But we have to wait and see.
i agree, i mean if you read the hello magazine article they say they don't comment on such matters (or at least a spokeman for william said so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMagazine.com
Clarence House has not commented on the news of the separation. A spokesman for William stated: "We don't comment on Prince William's private life.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

People Magazine

People Magazine has Kate and Wills' breakup as their top story- they claim they've 'confirmed' it. People is not a complete rag (it's not the National Inquirer, or like some of those German make-it-all-up mags), and they normally check their stories with other sources, (unfortunately, they don't list them in this article). But in general, they're pretty reliable about this type of stuff.

Here is the Article.

People is American, and it is only eight o'clock here, and I think they're on the West coast, so their "More to Come" may not be for a few hours.

I'll have to admit I was rather suprised- with her attending a few royal events, I wasn't expecting this. Were there reliable signs?

Old 04-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Royal Highness

if it's true, perhaps it's the best thing. i, for one, wouldn't want to see them together if they both weren't happy.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Gentry

If its true, and it seems so, then i'am sorry for them...break-ups are always hard.
But i dont understand why people are questioning his chances of finding true love or talking about a Windsor curse?
He's only 24/25..whats the rush? Many people in their twenties experience different relationships. Not every girl Wills dates has to be "the one"...Although there'll always be the public expectation that she is.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships