The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

starting to change my mind on this one: Kate's better off without Wills and his snobbish friends! Britain is still the class-concious society it always was, if this article is any indication!

'Pushy' mother Carole is left devastated | the Daily Mail

Old 04-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

lots of fault lines we missed?

The only girl who could make Kate jealous | the Daily Mail

sorry if this has been posted already

Old 04-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Well, I do agree with at least once thing Arbiter had to say. I think if the breakup is real, then Middleton will remain in the charmed circles because she has befriended quite a few of Prince William's oldest friends. I can see her marrying a James Meade sort of guy: wealthy, heir, longtime and loyal and eminently discreet Highgrove Set.

I always did kind of hope for a shot for Jecca. She always looked cool to me. I don't know why exactly. She just looks so breezy and confident. There must be something in the air with those wealthy elites from Africa....
Old 04-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
starting to change my mind on this one: Kate's better off without Wills and his snobbish friends! Britain is still the class-concious society it always was, if this article is any indication!

'Pushy' mother Carole is left devastated | the Daily Mail
It speaks more about the author than William, Catherine, her mother or any of their friends!
Old 04-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio

I always did kind of hope for a shot for Jecca. She always looked cool to me. I don't know why exactly. She just looks so breezy and confident. There must be something in the air with those wealthy elites from Africa....
Agree - always thought there's something about Jecca - she just seems (I m saying, seems) a more interesting personality somehow than Kate - but then, what do I know?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor Kate

If all this is true, she did the usual mistake of royal girlfriends, she has not been patient...
William is young, it was no reason for him to hurry on marriage now, he has a militar carrier.
Some years ago, Isabel Sartorius could not overcome the paparazzis pression and put an ultimatum to Prince Felipe, we know the end of the story...

Interersting point, 30 years (or more) ago, William's father went on the army he did not propose to Camilla, and he loose her, but finally they are together....
Who knows, life is strange.

Î'm very sorry for Kate, she was nice, and she should be devastated now. I imagine tomorrow morning, when she steps at to go on her job....

As regards Katies origins, she is not worst than Letizia, Mary, Mette Maritt and Maxima. And they are doing wonderfull CrownPrincesses now
Old 04-15-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
It speaks more about the author than William, Catherine, her mother or any of their friends!
It does show the author is an intolerable snob. I guess the Middletons commited such a crime, imagine, the darn "social climbers", getting much too big for their "station"! Why can't an english upper-middle girl be a good princess and so what that her parents were working people before they stuck gold as entrepreneurs? When Catherine first came on the scene, the press called it "work ethic" but now this Daily Mail reporters derides the "stewardess" background, even going so far as to say that Prince William's friends teased Catherine about "pushing the cart" or something! I hope the prince is not truly associating with such a shallow bunch!
That article is mean and offensive for so many reasons.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Why is that? If true that these Eton friends of William's always comment to Kate and joke about <what her parents did/do for a living>, that's, as some of the commenters to the article point out, incredibly snobbish, childish and rude.
If true, it says something about William too.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
It does show the author is an intolerable snob. I guess the Middletons commited such a crime, imagine, the darn "social climbers", getting much too big for their "station"! Why can't an english upper-middle girl be a good princess and so what that her parents were working people before they stuck gold as entrepreneurs? When Catherine first came on the scene, the press called it "work ethic" but now this Daily Mail reporters derides the "stewardess" background, even going so far as to say that Prince William's friends teased Catherine about "pushing the cart" or something! I hope the prince is not truly associating with such a shallow bunch!
That article is mean and offensive for so many reasons.
It just shows how small the "friends" of Prince William is they are just pitiful his friends and i hope that he´s starting to wake up of the dream he is in..William if you want to earn monye than get out an do the stuff your mother did.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Courtier

If William in the future always blames possible breakups on the press he´ll never ever find a suitable wife!
Old 04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Commoner

Good for Kate!

After 3 years if he does not want to move forward and is actually taking it backwards, I'm glad she saw the light. She is a beautiful woman and why waste her youth. Being Queen or the Queen is waiting in England does not appears to be a happily ever after story. I'm sure her dreams are crushed but at least she was spared the despair Diana went though and should consider herself lucky. She has personality, beauty, and youth. I hope she hooks up with a nice young man very soon and has a faboulous wedding and life.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

God Bless you Kate

I think the split is true.Miss Kate Middleton is a lovely young woman who has conducted herself like a true 'lady' throughout her relationship with Prince William.
I think things have worked out for the better for Miss Kate Middleton and someone up there loves her.
God Bless you Kate.You have taught us by your noble and faultless conduct how to be royal without tiaras.You will live forever in our hearts as a girl of honour and integrity.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Courtier

It is sad they have spilt up but I wish them both the best for their futures and I hope that the press leave them alone now in peace. I have always liked Kate.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Courtier

And the stories keep coming......

William and two other women

Prince William was dallying with at least two society beauties as Kate Middleton battled to saved their four-year romance.
He has been involved in a serious 'flirtation' with a well-connected young woman for four months - although he is said to be keener on her than she is on him, we can reveal.
At the same time the future King has been seen kissing and cuddling with an attractive blonde in a London nightclub.

kate041407.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iWlliam and two other women | News | This is London
Old 04-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

I have a question about the "proper" language to use when meeting the Queen or other members of the Royal Family. I've seen a few times that when Mrs. Middleton met the Queen, she said "Pleased to meet you," and that this was some kind of horrible middle-class faux pas. What is THAT about? What are you "supposed" to say? I've also heard that Mrs. Middleton used the term "Pardon?" instead of the supposedly more acceptable "I beg your pardon." I don't see what's wrong with that, either.

I have read about Mrs. Middleton chewing gum and using the word "toilet" - those faux pas I can understand!

So to my British friends- what, as an egalitarian American (we pretty much greet everyone the same way) am I missing?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Nobility

Bt, I fear we Americans for the most part are perceived as hicks. LOL :)

The Middletons really are fortunate I think that their Kate will not be a part of William's family. Everyone scheming against them and Mrs. Middleton not well received. I hope Kate mourns this, picks up, and gets on with it. She will have her wonderful life with a man who deserves her. She seems to be a lovely person, was a loyal friend to William who conducted herself flawlessly for five years. She deserves better than this.

This whole thing is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

The Windsors v. The Middletons
The Royalist - OPINION: The Windsors v. The Middletons
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Royal Highness

the mail article about catherine's mother is just awful. thank goodness this tabloid is completely unreliable. if william's friends did treat catherine so terribly it's a sad indication of their upbringing...bad manners abound with them.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:20 PM

The way you guys are putting it now, it seems like the Daily Mail treatment of Carole Middleton is some reflection of the supposed "Balmoral test" inflicted by the royal family on the 'dates' of the Prince of Wales during the '70s. It's like the royal family (according to this legend) has these impossible standards for "outsiders"; only the truly accepted ones can pass the test because it has a predetermined air, as if only done for show, when really the royal family has already decided who is In and who is Out.
I think if the legend is true, it might be a survival tactic for the royal family. Although they are basically nice people, they want to make it difficult getting close to them so that only the worthy pass the 'test'. The users and posers are thus weeded out! It's cruel, but it must be some sort of protective measure, just part of the wall of defense they build around their cloistered world!
I think it's not full proof, though. Some users and posers are clever and get past anyway! And others who are nice and good don't get past the test, but leave feeling very insecure.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Courtier

I've been on several sites and have seen this huge backlash against William, calling him churlish and a cad, and whatnot. I just don't seem to understand why a 24-year-old man deciding that he isn't prepared to marry his long-term girlfriend makes him a horrible person. It's not like he pulled an Earl Spencer and tossed her out -- he decided that he couldn't marry her at this point in his life and that it was better for both of them to go their own ways. The demonising of William seen on the Daily Mail and Times sites is disturbing because it seems to imply that William was duty-bound to marry her -- and we all saw how marrying someone out of duty rather than a genuine desire leads to disaster with his parents.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships