The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

About Will: think about that what happen and why it happen? Find new love, get married and don't give up to the pressure.

About us:waite and see what would happen? Any statement or smth like that about that what happen? Waiting for a new person in Wills live. etc.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Commoner

big mistake

If this news is to be believed then I hope William realizes what he's doing.
She would've been a wonderful companion for him quiet,beautiful,discreet
bright and sporty... a woman fit to a be queen and support him through all ups and downs. Really sad!

Old 04-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
well said, Niki.I think William should make his own choice.He should not be pressed into a marriage by the media, the public opinion, or his family. Charles is different because Amenda Knatchbull and Jane Weslley refused to marry him before he proposed to Diana. If Ameneda said yes, things will be much different.
I don't remember hearing about Amenda! What's the story behind them love_CC?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Courtier

This is such an interesting question Duchess and this is my ten cents worth, MPO.
I like to think that when William is ready he will pop the question to the right girl, but, and I wonder how big a but this is, how much pressure is he under from his own family to make a choice that is right for Prince William, future King of England (the establishment) and not for Wills. I think that the British Royal family has stayed true to it's conviction throughout the decades (I applaud them for that) and for that reason will make sure that William marry a girl who will be, in their opinion, perfect for the job not so much perfect for William. Things went terribly and tragically pear shaped for Charles and Diana, so I hope that the 'powers that be' will leave William to marry a girl he is in love with.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1
This is such an interesting question Duchess and this is my ten cents worth, MPO.
I like to think that when William is ready he will pop the question to the right girl, but, and I wonder how big a but this is, how much pressure is he under from his own family to make a choice that is right for Prince William, future King of England (the establishment) and not for Wills. I think that the British Royal family has stayed true to it's conviction throughout the decades (I applaud them for that) and for that reason will make sure that William marry a girl who will be, in their opinion, perfect for the job not so much perfect for William. Things went terribly and tragically pear shaped for Charles and Diana, so I hope that the 'powers that be' will leave William to marry a girl he is in love with.
excellent point! there's 2 very different definitions of "the right girl".
Old 04-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that's true
- the right girl for the family and people
- and the right girl for the man.

Isn't it similar as it was in Mette-Marit, Letizia, Maxima and Mary's cases? They were "the right girls" for the princes and not always for their families and for the people.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Royal Highness

i'm with skydragon on this. also, who says we need to feel sorry for catherine. yes she's with her family but we have no reason to believe that she's the one taking it worse. afterall, it's william who was out drinking. catherine had the good sense to stay out of the public eye and save herself the aggrevation of the media. if william throws a fit because of the intrusion at what should be a "very private issue" then he's brought this one on himself.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
William must take his time and I think we all agree with that. The presure Charles felt when he was young shouldn't happen to his son(s). As crisscross1 said it turned out terribly wrong between Charles and Diana and it would be very sad if it happened to Will.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 04-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe they are doing what JFK jr and Caroline Bessett did? Staging a breakup for the benefit of the press to throw them off the scent?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Royal Highness

If William wasn't ready to settle down then it didn't mean they needed to split. Sure there is pressure to marry here and now but if he isn't ready and Kate is willing to wait then let everyone else wait too. It isn't their future at stake.

However if they truly did just drift apart and the relationship did run its course I wish them the best. I hope Kate moves on and leads a normal life and that William will resist pressure and find his perfect woman
Old 04-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Nobility

There are some two or three videos on cnn.com
Old 04-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Courtier

A Fake-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Maybe they are doing what JFK jr and Caroline Bessett did? Staging a breakup for the benefit of the press to throw them off the scent?

My thoughts exactly! Certainly Wills has seen the misery of his father after not marrying Camilla back in the 70's when he should have ... in fact, his "bad boy" behavior of late -- being seen out drinking w/his buddies and various women -- is just tooooo out of character for my tastes.

I think "we've" been set-up royally!

S
Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Majesty

I am not 100% convinced that this 'break-up' is permanent but more a chance to see if they really do want to be together.

The Express newspaper (admittedly not the most reliable) has the following article

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Princes in Crisis

in which it says: "But close friends of the couple say they haven’t fallen out irrevocably and could easily rekindle their romance once all the fuss has died down.

Indeed, they still intend to enjoy a break together at William’s tiny cottage at Balmoral in August, during his long break from Sandhurst."

(I said that it wasn't the most reliable as William is no longer at Sandhurst - maybe they simply misunderstood what sort of training William is currently undergoing and assumed that as it was military training it would be a Sandhurst as opposed to Bovington).

Further down the article is the following section:

"A friend yesterday said: "William and Kate are also still looking at going to the Caribbean for a break, so this is by no means the end of everything."

The article has some interesting views about the cause of the split - as well as further reports about concerns about Harry going to Iraq with the suggestion that he mightn't actually go.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

So it was or could be a PR plan arrangement by the RH?
Or it's just repeat from the history (Ch&C)?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Courtier

Not An Amicable Split

The story from official sources here is that William dumped Kate and it was not an amicable breakup. William told the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Charles over Easter that he wanted to end the relationship and he told Kate shortly afterwards. Kate according to close friends is devastated and would have married him tomorrow if he had asked. It has also been stated that William was angry about Kate attending the Cheltenham Race Meeting and turning up in the Royal box with Prince Charles when William was not able to attend and told friends he thought Kate was being presumptuous and overstepping the mark as she was not a member of the royal family. In the next 5 years I believe we will see Harry happily married, William still waiting rather aimlessly like the Duke of Windsor and indeed Prince Albert of Monaco. One of William’s friends said today - they could get back together again in a few years and anything would be possible then, that is if Kate has not married someone else and if William wanted to pursue the relationship again with a fresh start when he is older and more mature. Arthur Edwards said on Channel 4 - yes, William will meet another girl but he will never meet another girl like Kate and will come to regret his decision. Whatever the future holds if William and Kate want to get back together again or move on with new partners the next 5 years will reveal all.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Serene Highness

The break-up - Just a fortnight ago the talk was of marriage and Kate Middleton as a future Queen. Now, with the royal romance over, what next for Prince William?

The break-up | UK News | The Observer
Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk
It has also been stated that William was angry about Kate attending the Cheltenham Race Meeting and turning up in the Royal box with Prince Charles when William was not able to attend and told friends he thought Kate was being presumptuous and overstepping the mark as she was not a member of the royal family.
I really doubt this. She was in the royal box at the invitation of Prince Charles, and William would have been aware she was attending before the actual event-so there was no "presumption" either intended, accidental, or perceived.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The story from official sources here is that William dumped Kate and it was not an amicable breakup. William told the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Charles over Easter that he wanted to end the relationship and he told Kate shortly afterwards. Kate according to close friends is devastated and would have married him tomorrow if he had asked. It has also been stated that William was angry about Kate attending the Cheltenham Race Meeting and turning up in the Royal box with Prince Charles when William was not able to attend and told friends he thought Kate was being presumptuous and overstepping the mark as she was not a member of the royal family. In the next 5 years I believe we will see Harry happily married, William still waiting rather aimlessly like the Duke of Windsor and indeed Prince Albert of Monaco. One of William’s friends said today - they could get back together again in a few years and anything would be possible then, that is if Kate has not married someone else and if William wanted to pursue the relationship again with a fresh start when he is older and more mature. Arthur Edwards said on Channel 4 - yes, William will meet another girl but he will never meet another girl like Kate and will come to regret his decision. Whatever the future holds if William and Kate want to get back together again or move on with new partners the next 5 years will reveal all.

Might I ask who these Official sources are? The only official sources I would consider reliable is someone from the palace, clarence house, or on e of the two in the relationship.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Few other on the royalist site
The Royalist - Home
Old 04-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It has also been stated that William was angry about Kate attending the Cheltenham Race Meeting and turning up in the Royal box with Prince Charles when William was not able to attend and told friends he thought Kate was being presumptuous and overstepping the mark as she was not a member of the royal family.
Charles wasn't at the Cheltenham Race Meeting this year, so how could Kate turn up in the Royal Box with him? Last year Kate was invited to the Royal Box and Charles and Camilla were there, was William supposed to be seething over this for a year?

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships