The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

So they are still together?

Old 11-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
So they are still together?
Barely it seems. This just doesn't sound good. Maybe the public is being prepared for the final break-up of these two. For some reason I think this will be passed off as William's fault to protect Kate's reputation instead of her being known as the girl who was dumped by Prince William.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Really Like em hope they pull through and rekindle the Relationship
Old 11-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I don't believe that Catherine has any 'great expectations' of William dropping everything to come running to answer her every whim!

It seems to me, she is a member of a large band of women who are able to have a rich and fulfilling life, while their men are otherwise engaged! Catherine hasn't put her life on hold, she has just got on with it, IMO!

politikgirl - I will have to stop shopping then!

Totally agree with you, Skydragon. I also think that she's a woman in charge of her life and lives it in front of the paparazzi lens and out-of-sight. She's probably amused by the whole game of it and the speculation of what she is doing in her life. She seems quite reserved in releasing any information about what she is doing and remains in charge of who she is.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
william's girlfriend is a private person as long as she remains his girlfriend. just because they're seen together doesn't give the press or the public the right to know about her private life. she doesn't have to justify a single thing unless she's being financially supported by the public.....
...... the truth of the matter is that Catherine doesn't have to explain or justify herself to anyone at this point. she's a private citizen in a relationship with a member of the royal family but until they marry, if that happens, then she can do as she pleases; work or not - if she's supporting herself or her parents are or her income is coming from some other private source - shop, sleep, smile, sulk or flop. it's no else's business.
Very well said and sentiments I agree with

Quote:
to say the press buys the deeds to the person and shares the property with us is only half true. like i said when she's in public then the press can snap away but she's not by any stretch of the imagination a public person any other time.
Also well said, everyone is entitled to have some privacy. I don't believe I own or have the right to know every detail about Catherine. I don't have the right to know every detail about any of the royals, even though I pay HMIR, to keep them in the style to which they are accustomed!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
You know whatever is really going on, the real story is much more exciting than all of our guesswork! The real story is always much better than the speculations, from my experience! What do they say, Truth is better than Fiction?
The problem is, we'll probably never know. We're very used to "Hollywood celebrities" (to use an expression) living their personal and romantic lives in the public eye (hello Tom Cruise).
It seems many royal-watchers find it difficult to get to grips with the fact that it is possible to live very private public lives.

We know Kate can be seen occasionally walking down the street (or, outrageously, shopping) alone or with her mother; we know she goes to nightclubs with William; and we know she attends some polo matches. Apart from that, we know very little indeed, and everything else is pure speculation, wishful thinking or fantasy.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Barely it seems. This just doesn't sound good. Maybe the public is being prepared for the final break-up of these two. For some reason I think this will be passed off as William's fault to protect Kate's reputation instead of her being known as the girl who was dumped by Prince William.
"Protect Kate's reputation?!" How would that look "Future King Dumped by Commoner"! Anyway, if even one rumor of Wills cheating on her is true she'd have to be pretty stupid not to learn from the past! In the end the glamour and jewels didn't matter to Diana. Marriage into the royal family is a BIG step and means giving up a lot for all the perks. She'd be better of just marrying some rich bloke who's not royal than the future king IF he were already cheating on her.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The problem is, we'll probably never know. We're very used to "Hollywood celebrities" (to use an expression) living their personal and romantic lives in the public eye (hello Tom Cruise).
It seems many royal-watchers find it difficult to get to grips with the fact that it is possible to live very private public lives.

We know Kate can be seen occasionally walking down the street (or, outrageously, shopping) alone or with her mother; we know she goes to nightclubs with William; and we know she attends some polo matches. Apart from that, we know very little indeed, and everything else is pure speculation, wishful thinking or fantasy.

Well said! But I do think that often with public figures, the rumors that are started in the press do eventually end up affecting real life.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense
"Protect Kate's reputation?!" How would that look "Future King Dumped by Commoner"!...
It won't matter if William is dumped. He's the future King of England. There's no stigma attached to him or any man who is dumped regardless of his status. Unfair but true. It's not like Kate will not be able to go on and have a life or that it would be the end of the world but it would be worse for her in the short term if they broke up. And how about Woolworths selling wedding memorabilia? I just don't know what to say.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:26 PM

I do but I won't because I believe the words are considered offensive.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
It won't matter if William is dumped. He's the future King of England. There's no stigma attached to him or any man who is dumped regardless of his status. Unfair but true. It's not like Kate will not be able to go on and have a life or that it would be the end of the world but it would be worse for her in the short term if they broke up. And how about Woolworths selling wedding memorabilia? I just don't know what to say.
I totally agree. Kate will probably be blamed or something like that. It's just that Prince Will is just that.... a prince. As long as he's a prince and future king he won't be as targeted as the other people he associates with.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Gentry

I'm just starting to post here, but I think its horrible that anyone is pushing Wills to get married. I firmly believe that Charles married Diana because of matrimonial pressure. He seems like a wise young man, and I truly hope he doesn't marry until he is sure, so the Royal Family doesn't have to suffer through another break up like Charles and Diana's.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Apart from that, we know very little indeed, and everything else is pure speculation, wishful thinking or fantasy.
And jealousy, spitefulness, and bitterness. I see some of it has found its way to this board. Sad.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
I'm in my mid-twenties and have no job, I guess I am as 'pathetic' as Kate. And I am not the only one I know that is in the same situation.
I agree, Oppie. It seems more and more common nowadays. Most of the kids I am in classes with are in their 20s and do not work. They are good students and good people, certainly not what I would ever say is pathetic. I wonder why it is so common though. Is it worldwide, or just in some parts of the world?
Old 11-18-2006, 04:28 PM

Oppie, the difference is that although unemployment is high - Kate's profile and connections could easily get her a job.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Courtier

ah yes my profile and lack of connection exactly why I don't have a job (Although maybe I should have pointed out that I am underemployed not unemployed)

Anyways that brings up an interesting point. How would people feel if for example Laura Lopes (who works for a gallary) got Kate a job ?

Map for the British Royals
Old 11-18-2006, 04:41 PM

As long as she's earning her money by moral means I see no problem with Laura getting her job.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

The mind boggles, she could be a phone girl. One of those ghastly creatures that rings to offer you double glazing, a kitchen, bathroom etc. Now even I would go off her then!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:16 PM

Tell me about it. My tip - ask them to hold on whilst you finish chopping up a baby. They soon hang up.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie

Anyways that brings up an interesting point. How would people feel if for example Laura Lopes (who works for a gallary) got Kate a job ?
what's so terrible about it? i think the gallery belongs to her, so if she sees in kate a person who would be suitable for her business i don't see why not.

they are two ladies that are good friends because of moving in the same circles. they both have a passion for art. kate studied art. it's not like she is getting a job that someone else would do better because of being laura's friend. i guess after her degree in st andrew's she is more than prepared to take up a job in a gallery.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william