The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
As nothing is happening odds are she is either away or sitting at home doing nothing.
I know many people who work from home, either their own business, employed or for charities and have to be dragged to the shops. You don't have to be watching TV all the time or sat about doing nothing.
I am at home but, I have so far this morning, flown my birds of prey, exercised my horses, walked my dogs, discussed work I want done, checked the FTSE, completed some banking and yes, shopped on-line.

Where you are is deceptive, it is what you are doing where you are that counts and until we know otherwise, I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I know many people who work from home, either their own business, employed or for charities and have to be dragged to the shops. You don't have to be watching TV all the time or sat about doing nothing.
I am at home but, I have so far this morning, flown my birds of prey, exercised my horses, walked my dogs, discussed work I want done, checked the FTSE, completed some banking and yes, shopped on-line.

Where you are is deceptive, it is what you are doing where you are that counts and until we know otherwise, I will give her the benefit of the doubt.
Yes, but surely people saw you out riding or enjoying falconry, you surely had a short talk with somebody when walking your dogs..., no? If the media was desperate enough to find out what you were doing, at least one little picture would have been possible, I guess. Or the things you want done: if you for example planned a redecoration and a journalist saw the car of a redecorator coming out of your estate, don't you think they would come up with a story about that if the interest was great enough? Okay, maybe the interest is not great enough yet.

But if Kate helped her parents one way or the other, surely we have heard about that from an employee till now? It's difficult to say how interested the media actually is in Kate, how much they'd do or pay to get a story. If they are really not interested, then okay, she could be doing all kinds of things, even professionally. In the beginning I, too, if you recall, gave her the benefit of the doubt. But slowly on knowing my journalist-collegues and how they tick I come to think that there is no smoke because there is no fire.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
. You don't have to be watching TV all the time or sat about doing nothing.
Ah, that was ironic when I wrote that. Of course there are all kind of interesting things you can do without leaving your home once. Eg. I haven't been out of the house today because I'm packing my books - next weekend I'm moving. But I guess the whole neighborhood knows exactly what I'm up to, not exactly that I'm packing the books and not the linnen and the family silver but that I'm packing something. And the same way I believe some people would know and some people would talk if Kate was working this or that.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
She's in her mid twenties and no job, that's pretty pathetic. Palace life I'm sure includes a fair amount of work, no matter how seemingly light.
I'm in my mid-twenties and have no job, I guess I am as 'pathetic' as Kate. And I am not the only one I know that is in the same situation.

Map for the British Royals
Old 10-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Nobility

I think Skydragon has an excellent point whe she says that it is possible to work and do other activities from home.

If Kate is indeed working for her parents business from their family home the media might not find it that interesting to follow her about their private property and try to catch her working.

Frankly I don't think they find the Middleton family in and of themselves to be that terribly interesting. I think the main interest lies in the connection to Prince William, and they (the press) are only really rabid to get pictures when William is present or when Kate is alone in London.
They weren't interested in the last family holiday the Middletons took after Kate's maternal grandmother died June or July, or in the holiday they took together after the most recent death of Kate's paternal grandmother in September.

There were photos taken at the air terminal (I forget which one) both times when they returned to the U.K., but no photos taken on their holiday or before they left. As a matter of fact, when they took that second family holiday it wasn't reported that Kate had gone with her family or even where she was until a very few photos popped up with a few stories about the Middletons having gone on another family holiday in September.
The next photo and stories we saw and heard after that was when William and Kate went out to dinner and didn't go to a club or a pub afterwards.

The media made an unecessary fuss over such a small thing, but again she and William were together.
I think it's logical to assume at this point that Kate is probably with her family in Berkshire or somewhere, very probably working on their business. It would be a logical thing to do after failing to get her own business off the ground, even if it isn't what she went to uni for.
We've hardly ever seen any photos of her parents and their business, but we know it exists. No normal human lives in a vacuum, or just sits with their hands in their laps and does absolutely nothing on a daily basis.
I'm sure Kate is doing something daily, and it can't just be shopping because if she were out and about the press would catch her.
I think that there's a reason she is currently out of the public eye, and that one shouldn't assume that a person isn't doing anything just because they can't see or haven't been told what they are doing.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
But if Kate helped her parents one way or the other, surely we have heard about that from an employee till now? It's difficult to say how interested the media actually is in Kate, how much they'd do or pay to get a story. If they are really not interested, then okay, she could be doing all kinds of things, even professionally. In the beginning I, too, if you recall, gave her the benefit of the doubt. But slowly on knowing my journalist-collegues and how they tick I come to think that there is no smoke because there is no fire.
If any 'strangers' saw me, they were trespassing or brave enough to walk through the field with a 'beware of the bull' sign on the gate! People here do tend to keep themselves to themselves, not everyone feels the need to have in depth conversations when walking the dogs, unless they are with friends. It is rare that I would do anything other than nod at someone else out and normally, in coats and scarves, you don't know who you are nodding to anyway.
Many homes have more than one entrance/exit and if Catherine decided to go out at 6am, would there be anyone there to see her. There must be dozens of cars and vehicles in and out of her parents property, would anyone have the opportunity to check everyone in or out? Did anyone in the village notice who was coming in or out of our property, believe me when I say that most people have too much going on in their own lives to worry about whether it is the builder or carpenter that is visiting.

I would imagine that employees of the Middleton's would either be very loyal to the family and/or would prefer to keep their jobs. Not everyone is out to make extra money by betraying their employer or his/her family. Country folk can be very judgemental of anyone who would 'harm' a local for some extra cash.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
We've hardly ever seen any photos of her parents and their business, but we know it exists. No normal human lives in a vacuum, or just sits with their hands in their laps and does absolutely nothing on a daily basis.
I'm sure Kate is doing something daily, and it can't just be shopping because if she were out and about the press would catch her.
I think that there's a reason she is currently out of the public eye, and that one shouldn't assume that a person isn't doing anything just because they can't see or haven't been told what they are doing.
I think they are very busy, running a thriving business. She is probably busy packaging up the millions of orders they get every week!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

And now what she is doing besides shopping?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
And now what she is doing besides shopping?
Didn't you ask that question before and we agreed that there are several possibilities what she could be doing and that we don't know, so stopped speculating and passing judgment? Why start a rehash now? Or did I miss some news while I was moving house?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Didn't you ask that question before and we agreed that there are several possibilities what she could be doing and that we don't know, so stopped speculating and passing judgment? Why start a rehash now? Or did I miss some news while I was moving house?
No, you didn't miss any news about Catherine! I hope the move went smoothly and you are settling in to your new accomodation! Welcome back.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, you didn't miss any news about Catherine! I hope the move went smoothly and you are settling in to your new accomodation! Welcome back.
Thank you, Skydragon. The move was successful and today I took a nice long walk in wonderful sunshine (very blue sky and warm enough to wear just a blouse!) along the lake - the mountains seemed to be so close by and were already covered lightly with snow... It was the Bavaria you might know from the pics published by the tourism authorities but today it was the real thing! Yes, I'm glad I decided to move not into town but right here to the lake (Ammersee - some pics here: http://www.ammersee-region.de/bilder-ammersee.html).
Old 11-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I always see her photos how she is shopping. It looks that's she doesn't do nothing more than shopping and sometimes meet Wills.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
I always see her photos how she is shopping. It looks that's she doesn't do nothing more than shopping and sometimes meet Wills.
Here we go again. So if something doesn't happen in front of cameras, it doesn't happen at all?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Here we go again. So if something doesn't happen in front of cameras, it doesn't happen at all?
Apparently not. The warped logic seems to be if she's not photographed doing something, then she can't be doing anything.
Some appear to have trouble accepting the fact that Kate Middleton's life is not being conducted for the benefit of the paparazzi (or us).
Old 11-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Apparently not. The warped logic seems to be if she's not photographed doing something, then she can't be doing anything.
Some appear to have trouble accepting the fact that Kate Middleton's life is not being conducted for the benefit of the paparazzi (or us).
Besides that, royalty is mostly photographed at 'official functions'. SHe doesn't attend those.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
BRAVO Warren. You should read some of the ridiculous, nasty remarks at other sites. If they don't see her photographed doing something, she doesn't do it. Stunning.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:20 AM
Royal Highness

i agree warren. it's a shame that people still think she doesn't have a life.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:12 AM

The Royal Forums exerts the Voice of Reason! YAY!
Good on you guys!
I've been having these exact thoughts for a long time. How can anyone jump to any conclusion about Kate's life when the only pics they see of her show her walking down a street, shopping or watching a polo match? That's it. Surely she does things in between and obviously no one can get pictures of what she does behind closed doors.

Her outfit in the last pics is really nice though. she pulls off a very fitted, neat, wealthy look but still looks very approachable. In the few pics I have seen of her mom, they seem to have a very similar style, and they look so much alike too.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I wrote that on those photos which were posted by all here it looks that she doesn't do nothing more than only shopping and meets with Wills. It's only cocnclusion on base of that what I see only.
But, I never wrote that Kate's doing nothing becouse simply I don't know what is she really do behind the cameras. As Warren wrote. Who knows maybe she's working for her parents or learn smth...
Old 11-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
I wrote that on those photos which were posted by all here it looks that she doesn't do nothing more than only shopping and meets with Wills. It's only cocnclusion on base of that what I see only.
But, I never wrote that Kate's doing nothing becouse simply I don't know what is she really do behind the cameras. As Warren wrote. Who knows maybe she's working for her parents or learn smth...
I'll go out on a limb to speak for others here by saying some of us are referring to other royalty sites where they are absolutely merciless in their attacks and condemnation of Kate Middleton, all based on tabloid stories or photographs they DON'T see. It's absolutely ludicrous to infer from a one-second snapshot in time what someone's motivations are, what they are doing with their time, etc.

The remarks I've read about Kate Middleton on other boards are borderline slander as far as I'm concerned.

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william