The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
originally posted by TonyaR
Windsor, according to Amazon the book will be released 30th September. I actually wish this book weren't coming out right now, it seems to be adding fuel to the critisism fire.

I also think the book is premature because William hasn't proposed yet, and he might not for a few years. here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...43153?v=glance
Thanks a lot for the link TonyaR. It will be interesting to read, but I agree it is very premature, especially since they are not sure they will end up together. I hope it has no impact on their relationship, but it could.

I wonder how much cooperation they got from the family if any, as far as the interviews in the book, or if its strictly taken from third party information and outside interviews.

I look forward to September 30th.

Quote:
IMO a lot of those angry posts center around the fact that she isn't employed at a job somewhere and earning a paycheck. It is important to have a good work ethic, but quite a few people take some time off after graduation to decide on their career path and then develop an excellent work ethic after they decide which direction they want to go.
I agree. If she were 5 or 6 years older that would be another story. But she is so young and not too long out of college. It takes some college graduates time to adjust to life after their graduation to see what direction they want to take. From they way I've seen her carry herself and the class she shows for such a young lady, I think she will do just fine.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:15 PM

Kate Middleton's laziness

Lately Kate Middleton has come under heavy fire for NOT doing a single thing .Even Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy is doing something useful, she's a busy student.Alot of people feel that Kate is just being lazy while she's waiting for Wills to pop the question.She hasn't had a single job after university (wich we are all questioning ).
What do YOU think about Kate's laziness?
Is it about time now that she starts looking for a job?

Old 10-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think, you can say she is lazy. Newspapers don't know everything and you can't know if she is helping to her parents or something like this.
So after this I think you can't simply judge her.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the public have any expectations of Kate yet. Quite frankly, I don't think people care what Kate or Chelsy get upto. I would say people are more concerned with Big Brother celebrities than Kate Middleton.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

If there is a high probability of Kate marrying Prince William, there is a good chance that she is now being "groomed" for her future job as a princess.

Many princesses have taken protocol classes, foreign languages classes and much more to be ready for the job. Maybe Kate is starting to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
I don't think, you can say she is lazy. Newspapers don't know everything and you can't know if she is helping to her parents or something like this.
So after this I think you can't simply judge her.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Well...as she is still a private citizen...we don't know what she is doing nor IMO do we have a right to. Her parents own a business...for all we know she is one the phone taking orders, processing orders, filling orders, etc. She could be working for htem.

Yes...we don't want William to marry anybody...the person must have social graces, be able to perform engagements with a pleasant demeanor at all times but until an engagement is announced we have no right to expect anything.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:49 PM

I think the problem at the moment is that it's speculation. Those of us who aren't taken with Kate are now in the position of "Is this it or are we going to get someone better?". If it was made official, at least then we can accept our fate and move on.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I think the problem at the moment is that it's speculation. Those of us who aren't taken with Kate are now in the position of "Is this it or are we going to get someone better?". If it was made official, at least then we can accept our fate and move on.
That is very true. But I think we need to give them room to figure it out. They are still fairly young and it must be hard to date privately a very public figure. And let's all agree on one thing....we want him to get it right the first time. Don't we?

For all we know.....Kate isn't THE ONE. Just the girl Right now.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:00 PM

Oh I wouldn't mind a few divorces. It might make him a little more interesting. And let's face it, we all love a bad boy.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
people are more concerned with Big Brother celebrities than Kate Middleton.
Now that is a scary thought! I have never watched it!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Now that is a scary thought! I have never watched it!
Oh, neither have I. You just have to look at most of the gossip magazines in WHSmiths these days and they've all got some Big Brother figure on the cover or Victoria Beckham or somebody similar.
I think if some sort of official declaration were made, people would be more interested, ie an engagement, at present I just don't see anyone having any real interest in her.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

the only one that needs to have any real interest in her at the moment is william. :)
Old 10-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I just don't see anyone having any real interest in her.
Yes, the only ones showing any real interest in her, are the press and us.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Yes, the only ones showing any real interest in her, are the press and us.
Skydragon, I'm gone for a bit and come back and you're still making the most sense!! You have an excellent point!!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
You sound so fatalistic.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:03 AM
Courtier

Until William's official engagment announcement, I would not have any expectation in Kate Middleton. William should marry a person who will be able to adapt the palace life or willing to adapt palace life. I would not mind Kate doing nothing or doing anything. It is her life and her choice after. If she only wants to be William's wife, let her be. She will have to learn a lot after their engament if that does happen.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

Well, the whole point is that the whole thing is one big 'if.' She should work and do something productive. She's in her mid twenties and no job, that's pretty pathetic. Palace life I'm sure includes a fair amount of work, no matter how seemingly light.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Can you tell us all what your source is Tzu An.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Yes...we don't want William to marry anybody...the person must have social graces, be able to perform engagements with a pleasant demeanor at all times but until an engagement is announced we have no right to expect anything.

For all we know, she may be with the Queen a lot during the week learning from her and Prince Phillip what goes into being a consort of a Monarch. What better way to learn by observation.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
For all we know, she may be with the Queen a lot during the week learning from her and Prince Phillip what goes into being a consort of a Monarch. What better way to learn by observation.
I guess the media would have seen her coming and going to the palace (probably alerted by a servant in their pay) and thus have reasons to make-up a story about it. So - no, I don't think she has much contact with the queen. This would be so newsworthy and the palace is full of people who earn a bit of extra money on telling things that are out of the ordinary - as several visits of Kate would be. She must spend her time at a place where noone is in constant pay of the media and where noone believes what she is doing is of public interest. Thus no private schooling in behaviour etc. anywhere, I believe, because someone is bound to tell such a juicy piece of news. Can't imagine she is doing anything else than being away from London or sitting at home watching TV... Okay, maybe she shops at amazon.co.uk and reads at home.

That's the problem: we can say (and I do that, too, because I want to think positively about things I know nothing about) that as we don't know what she is doing, she could be doing all kind of positive things. Alas, as she is the established girlfriend of prince William, if she did something in London, the information about it is bound to be leaked to the press. As nothing is happening odds are she is either away or sitting at home doing nothing. Unfortunately.

While I am at it, here's a quote from an article of The Observer about the relationships of William and Harry:
Now here is Harry whooping it up with a racy blonde who looks like she'd be unafraid to do tequila shots from a variety of unusual surfaces. Meanwhile, William, only a couple of years his senior, has the haunted look of a young man forced to discuss the merits of Tupperware before his time. Now, who is fulfilling his public duty as 'royal pin-up' here?

It's a funny article, worth reading IMHO: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magaz...925980,00.html

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william