The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 08-09-2006, 11:18 PM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Actually, she was standing around at polo matches before there was a "William and Kate"...
HRH Kimetha, that makes sense to me.

Maybe Prince William enjoys knowing that she is watching him, sort of showing off for her a bit; and maybe Kate enjoys seeing him show off and she likes cheering him on, etc.

That's an indication of a normal relationship.
__________________

__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #62  
Old 08-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
i think we also have to remember that even though we see a lot photos of kate doing this or that, they show only moments in her life.
__________________

__________________
Duchess
  #63  
Old 08-12-2006, 12:17 PM
ZandraRae's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 570
Right, it's not like the media is reporting her life 24/7. Yes, she stands and watches Will play polo, but here in the US, lots of girlfriends watch their boyfriends play basketball, baseball, etc. It's normal. I see nothing wrong with what Kate is doing.
__________________
  #64  
Old 08-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Heidi P.'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i think we also have to remember that even though we see a lot photos of kate doing this or that, they show only moments in her life.

Excellent point. Seeing moments strung together week after week do not offer the public a balanced picture of what Kate's life is really like.
__________________
  #65  
Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Annapolis, United States
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P.
Excellent point. Seeing moments strung together week after week do not offer the public a balanced picture of what Kate's life is really like.
Oh my goodness you all are so right. But there are other royalty message boards where people swear that all Kate does is shop and party with William, rip her apart for doing normal things with her boyfriend. It's really quite appalling the hatred directed towards Kate Middleton based solely on tabloid pictures, snapshots in time. I'm also quite sure she is not living her life to "impress" or earn the respect of anonymous people who post on a message board, and I'm sure she'll be ok if she never earns their respect.
__________________
  #66  
Old 08-17-2006, 02:20 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
Oh my goodness you all are so right. But there are other royalty message boards where people swear that all Kate does is shop and party with William, rip her apart for doing normal things with her boyfriend. It's really quite appalling the hatred directed towards Kate Middleton based solely on tabloid pictures, snapshots in time. I'm also quite sure she is not living her life to "impress" or earn the respect of anonymous people who post on a message board, and I'm sure she'll be ok if she never earns their respect.
Luv2Cruise,
You are so right!!
I've seen other royal message boards also, and they do rip Kate apart.
I think a lot of those posters must be really young though, because most of what they say is illogical and silly, and sounds like a lot of jealous nonsense.

For instance, they make the assumption that all she ever does is sit in her flat during the week, and come out to watch Prince William play polo on the weekend. I don't think any of them stopped to consider the fact that

1. Prince William initiated a law suit earlier this year regarding Kate being followed and having her picture snapped during personal daily activities when she's not attending a strictly public venue, (that was in response to the bus pictures) and if you'll look back at all of the photo agency pictures taken this summer, almost every single one of them has been on a weekend. So, more than likely the press has let up on taking snapshots of her going about mundane weekly activities.

It's very silly and unrealistic for anyone to think that she would not do anything at all during the week except sit home and wait for Saturday and Sunday to arrive!

2. Kate has not publicly behaved in a manner considered unfit or scandalous in any way by the BRF, the press has not managed to dig up any real dirt on Kate OR Chelsy (except for the way Chelsy dresses, and I think she dresses appropriately for her age.) and Kate is not supported by the public or Prince William in any way. That means that she is free to do what she likes when she likes, and she seems to behave herself. I'd say a lot of the hate-mongering is jealousy and envy.

I know I'm envious of Kate!
Prince William is tall (6'3") handsome and athletic. He doesn't need to be a prince to get attention from girls.

I know if I were 10 years younger and didn't have such a cute husband, I'd go after him in a nanosecond!
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #67  
Old 08-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Heidi P.'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
Oh my goodness you all are so right. But there are other royalty message boards where people swear that all Kate does is shop and party with William, rip her apart for doing normal things with her boyfriend. It's really quite appalling the hatred directed towards Kate Middleton based solely on tabloid pictures, snapshots in time. I'm also quite sure she is not living her life to "impress" or earn the respect of anonymous people who post on a message board, and I'm sure she'll be ok if she never earns their respect.
So true! Kate is living HER life and doesn't even know we, the anonymous message board gawkers, exist!
__________________
  #68  
Old 08-27-2006, 02:02 AM
regardez's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 318
I think the public expects her to do what she is doing now. Look nice, don't attract too much attention.
__________________
now that the lilacs are in bloom,
she keeps a bowl of lilacs in her room
  #69  
Old 08-27-2006, 03:16 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
. I'd say a lot of the hate-mongering is jealousy and envy.
I just read an article on German newsmag "SPIEGEL" about a scientifical study that was published by the univeristy of St. Andrew (sic!). Psychologer Fhionna Moore asked 1851 young woman about their preferences in men. And she found that if a woman had no income or only a small one, she prefered men with money and status. The more ressources women had the more they wanted good-looking men who could even be younger than they are themselves.

If you see that 1851 is a fair amount of women and thus the study can be taken as serious. Maybe we see even reflection of this in the internet forums about Royality. Let's take the choice of words in postings as a way to get a glimpse into the social position of the poster - it's not really that very accuratre, but I used "choice of words" because educated non-native speakers, even though they are not always using the right grammatical structure tend to use more formal words that others on a lower level of education.

I found that the more posters seem to be educated and/or from a secure background, the more they tend to view Kate and William in a positive light.
This goes up to a certain age when "traditionalistic" views come into it and people start prefering an aristocrat or a princess as a wife for William.
Younger and/or posters with a more simplistic choice of words tend to react negative to Kate - probably because they compare her situation with theirs.

Or so. Well, that's nothing really new but I thought it worth pointing out.... Enjoy your sunday....
__________________
  #70  
Old 08-27-2006, 08:52 PM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I just read an article on German newsmag "SPIEGEL" about a scientifical study...
Excellent food for thought Jo!!
It sounds very plausible to me, and judging by some of the posts on other message boards I've seen, there are some very uneducated NATIVE english speakers posting out there!
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #71  
Old 08-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,692
Just because there are difference of opinions, that doesn't prove anyone is more or less educated.
__________________
  #72  
Old 08-27-2006, 10:42 PM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Just because there are difference of opinions, that doesn't prove anyone is more or less educated.
I'm sorry Incas, but I don't understand what a difference of opinion has to do with grammatical errors?

I was stating that IMHO the information given by Jo of Palatine makes sense to me, it does seem logical that consistent grammatical errors written (and or spoken) by native english speakers is an indication of their level of education.
(or lack of education )
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #73  
Old 08-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,692
TonyaR, I'm merely pointing out two problems with your assumption:
1. You can't tell which poster is a native english speaker. You can make assumption based on the country they register on the forum, but that's assuming the registration is correct and the person was born in that country.
2. Spelling errors are not exclusive to those without higher education. It rather points to the writer being careless about spelling. As long as they get the point across, the details are not important.

Enough of a digression, back to Kate & company.
__________________
  #74  
Old 08-31-2006, 12:07 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
TonyaR, I'm merely pointing out two problems with your assumption:
1. You can't tell which poster is a native english speaker. You can make assumption based on the country they register on the forum, but that's assuming the registration is correct and the person was born in that country.
2. Spelling errors are not exclusive to those without higher education. It rather points to the writer being careless about spelling. As long as they get the point across, the details are not important.

Enough of a digression, back to Kate & company.
Incas you're right,
we are digressing, so I concede that I should stick to the forum topic. I would just like to point out that I didn't mention spelling errors though, I mentioned grammatical errors. There is a difference. Grammar refers to syntax, sentence structure, and can also refer to mispronounced words. I still believe that native english speakers who consistently use words incorrectly or inappropriately and (yes) misspell them on a regular basis or have trouble putting together cohesive sentences are probably under-educated, or they just didn't pay attention in school.

I agree that you were also correct when you said that you can't tell for a fact which posters are native english speakers.
However, there are some posters on this message board for whom english is a second language and their speech/writing is more accurate and more proper than some who were taught english from birth.
You can't tell me that doesn't show educational differences!
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #75  
Old 08-31-2006, 12:07 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
I promise not to digress anymore....
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #76  
Old 09-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Annapolis, United States
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I found that the more posters seem to be educated and/or from a secure background, the more they tend to view Kate and William in a positive light.
This goes up to a certain age when "traditionalistic" views come into it and people start prefering an aristocrat or a princess as a wife for William.
Younger and/or posters with a more simplistic choice of words tend to react negative to Kate - probably because they compare her situation with theirs.
I have found this, especially your very last sentence to be very true, limited of course to several other extremely toxic message boards where about 99% of the same posters absolutely berate Kate Middleton over what they think is her lack of work ethic, her lack of taste in clothes, her appearance, her mother, what they they think is Kate's lack of any other interests, her behavior -- one person compared her modeling picture in college at a fund raising benefit to being pornographic. In the beginning, even her choice of starting a children's clothing line was attacked because it her college major (Art History) did not prepare her for this endeavor. There are very successful designers who never formally studied fashion design.

Just really over the top, ridiculous, catty and bitter remarks from a seemingly very young, non-rich/non-upper-class/non-aristocratic set who cannot seem to fathom that not everyone in this world has to immediately secure employment or "do something" as the mantra goes, especially in their field of study, immediately after college in order to prove their worth as a person, that some very lucky people have the means to take their time and figure out what they will do with the rest of their lives. Those lucky young people are not necessarily lazy or slackers or moochers or bad people or wasting an education for taking advantage of the wealth which they have been given and are so lucky to have.

Depending on your point of view, mine is that Kate Middleton has the added complication of not setting a foot wrong to embarrass her boyfriend's family.
__________________
  #77  
Old 09-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: mar del plata, Argentina
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
I have found this, especially your very last sentence to be very true, limited of course to several other extremely toxic message boards where about 99% of the same posters absolutely berate Kate Middleton...
I completely agree with you! and in my opinion it is a huge burden, because one is human, and can make mistakes. thanks!
__________________
  #78  
Old 09-01-2006, 08:22 AM
WindsorIII's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 406
Does anyone have any recent news about the book that is suppose to be released about William and Kate?

Was it released or was it stopped? Anyone?
__________________
  #79  
Old 09-01-2006, 08:25 AM
WindsorIII's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 406
Quote:
originally posted by adu
I completely agree with you! and in my opinion it is a huge burden, because one is human, and can make mistakes. thanks!
Agree. From what I see, she dresses beautifully and carries herself with a lot of class. She also has descretion, which is so important.

But she is human and will make some boo boo mistakes.
__________________
  #80  
Old 09-01-2006, 03:48 PM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII
Does anyone have any recent news about the book that is suppose to be released about William and Kate?

Was it released or was it stopped? Anyone?
Windsor, according to Amazon the book will be released 30th September. I actually wish this book weren't coming out right now, it seems to be adding fuel to the critisism fire.

I also think the book is premature because William hasn't proposed yet, and he might not for a few years. here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...43153?v=glance

BTW I agree with your comment,
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII
"But she is human and will make some boo boo mistakes."
and I agree with the above comments posted by Luv2Cruise and Aldu.
IMO a lot of those angry posts center around the fact that she isn't employed at a job somewhere and earning a paycheck. It is important to have a good work ethic, but quite a few people take some time off after graduation to decide on their career path and then develop an excellent work ethic after they decide which direction they want to go.

If a person is able to afford to do this and has the means without hurting anyone else, why shouldn't they?
And why should a private citizen have to justify such a decision to anyone other than their family?
I think there's more than a small bit of jealousy involved in the protests.
(interested in hearing comments, this message board always gives me good food for thought! )
__________________

__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
Closed Thread

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kate Middleton - what does William like about her? Bellefleur Prince Harry and Prince William 136 11-20-2008 04:19 PM
Kate Middleton News and Pictures 2: Sept - Oct 2005 Elspeth Current Events Archive 201 10-20-2005 03:06 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess haya princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]