The Public's Expectations of Kate as William's Girlfriend

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laviollette said:
Well my point is what we do get here is already too much.

My husband whose job includes following the media has no idea who Catherine aka "Kate" Middleton is. Well, not even our (as in "German") most prominent Royal correspondent Rolf Seelmann-Eggebrecht recognized her when he commented William's parade and she was really "paraded" in front of him, saying "I wonder why they show this lady I don't know all the time and not once Kate Middleton"! Honestly, he said that. :ROFLMAO: So I guess it's up to oneself if one is able to recognize Ms. Middleton or not... ;)

That's very true Jo and I think that what we have to be honest about is - we only read what we want to read. Nobody holds a gun to my head and says, "You will read that Hello article about Lulu's new fitted kitchen or I'll blow your brains out" do they? No, I read it because I've bought it to read it. So, the media may be put out there and saturated with Kate Middleton but it doesn't mean I've got to look at it.

Poor Kate :sad: All those massages discuss ‎Ur relationship with Willls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder ?????????What will be the case after marriage:wacko:

Jo of Palatine said:
My husband whose job includes following the media has no idea who Catherine aka "Kate" Middleton is. Well, not even our (as in "German") most prominent Royal correspondent Rolf Seelmann-Eggebrecht recognized her when he commented William's parade and she was really "paraded" in front of him, saying "I wonder why they show this lady I don't know all the time and not once Kate Middleton"! Honestly, he said that. :ROFLMAO: So I guess it's up to oneself if one is able to recognize Ms. Middleton or not... ;)
I was referring to the BRF not Kate Middleton who is not a member of the BRF. And I said that if William marries her we will not hear very much from her anyway. She doesn't have that spark that Diana had.

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
Well my point is what we do get here is already too much.

Now I have to confess I don't get you at all. Does the above quote mean you think that the American media is already reporting too much about the BRF? Then why do you watch these programmes? I'm often following CNN during days when an event occurs that interests me and I've yet to see any kind of coverage of the British RF. So where do you find this obviously intrusive amount of media coverage on them?

Laviollette said:
And I said that if William marries her we will not hear very much from her anyway. She doesn't have that spark that Diana had.

Well, IMHO a lot of Britons are quite glad about that fact. Who wants another Royal with that kind of spark that Diana possessed? {off-topic comment deleted - Elspeth}

Last edited by a moderator:
I've deleted some more off-topic posts. Please try to keep this thread on topic to avoid all these closures and edits.

Elspeth

Last edited:
I have no expectations of Kate because no one knows if she will marry William or not. I think for the moment she is entitled to do what she wants.

I personally feel she will make a good wife for William (if they marry). She seems level headed and smart.

I think whatever she does she will do it splendidly and with the grace and ease that is required of a princess. I'm excited to see what's going to happen in the coming months.

I totally agree with you Vita. My sentiments exactly. Happy New Year everyone!!

Laviollette said:
If William were to marry American Anna Sloan then we'd never hear the end of it. Happily, she's turned him down.

he didn't propose to her so you have nothing to worry about.

Laviollette said:
if William marries her we will not hear very much from her anyway. She doesn't have that spark that Diana had.

if william marries her we may not hear from her but we'll definitely hear about her for a very long time to come...she'll be the next royal celebrity...until something fresh comes along. i agree she doesn't have diana's spark and probably won't have diana's staying power in the media.

Jo of Palatine said:
My husband whose job includes following the media has no idea who Catherine aka "Kate" Middleton is. Well, not even our (as in "German") most prominent Royal correspondent Rolf Seelmann-Eggebrecht recognized her

your media doesn't know who she is????? :ohmy: are they serious??? what parts of the media do they follow?? not that they have to like her or even be interested in her but to not know who she is???? that just weird.

Duchess said:
i agree she doesn't have diana's spark and probably won't have diana's staying power in the media.
Mmmm.... not everyone thought of it as a nice spark, as for staying power in the media, I would think she would be gratefull for not having that! :flowers:

oh i agree not everyone thought it was good. and yes...if or when, i'm sure she'll be glad when the focus is off her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom