The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 04:38 PM

And how do you know that sirhon? How do you know what she'll blend in? People said Di and Sarah would and both didn't and wreaked havoc on the family. I don't think some people quite get it that we don't want anyone who's going to have a crack at "breaking the cycle". We've had enough. There's no option - she does as she's told, or she doesn't marry into the family in the first place. And it certainly isn't her place to take centre stage. Centre stage will be the Queen. Then Charles and then, in time, William. We don't need another spouse trying to upstage her husband. If you do, make Kate Queen of the US and in 20 years you'll be begging for your republic back.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Nobility

The point that Zonk was trying to get across was that Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde, Mary and M-M were all working BEFORE they met their future husbands. None of the above met in college. Would you want to employ a person that would attract the most unsavory press to your establishment? Harassing your workers for information re: Miss M? I think not.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't say that Kate would blend in. I said it is possible that Kate would either blend in with the family or try to take center stage.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
If Kate does marry into the firm will she blend in
I beg to differ. You gave two options but that was one of the options so you did say she'd blend in.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB
The point that Zonk was trying to get across was that Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde, Mary and M-M were all working BEFORE they met their future husbands. None of the above met in college. Would you want to employ a person that would attract the most unsavory press to your establishment? Harassing your workers for information re: Miss M? I think not.
This is not enough of an excuse for, in my own opinion, her lack of work while she has enjoyed 'holiday' on the Klosters ski slopes and on Mustique Island in 2005, and in Ibiza, in South Africa and in the Carribean in 2006. Not to mention her shopping, which is well documented. It wouldn't be so appalling if she'd had a job.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:49 PM

When did Kate go to Mustique? I hadn't heard that. I can see she's a bit of a chinless wonder but I had no idea she'd had so many holidays.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I did not say that if Kate married into the firm that it would be definite that she would blend in. I said it was a possibility.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
This is not enough of an excuse for, in my own opinion, her lack of work while she has enjoyed 'holiday' on the Klosters ski slopes and on Mustique Island in 2005, and in Ibiza, in South Africa and in the Carribean in 2006. Not to mention her shopping, which is well documented. It wouldn't be so appalling if she'd had a job.
Goodness, not as many holidays as most 'regular' people take, 3 days in SA is hardly a holiday! Still no checkable dates though, if they were all in the same year it might be something, (still not a lot)! I don't think the press has documented more than a dozen shopping trips since she met William, less time shopping throughout the year, than most people go in a month!

Once again, where is you evidence that she has never been employed by her family or anyone else?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. IMO she could go on a holiday once a month, as long as she isn't cheating anyone, kicking any dogs, doing drugs, acting like a fool while on holiday....who cares? In addition, the only people who should be hounding her to get a job is her parents, cause they are the one supporting her.

If she does marry William and becomes a part of the "Firm" her lack of answering the phones, getting coffee, typing memos, making sales calls or whatever are not indications on whether or not she could attend official functions...where honestly...the only thing she needs to do is make a speech (not even written by her), stand quietly in the background, do her walk abouts, open a hospital, etc or produce the next heir. Basically support her husband. Not to be funny...but isn't that what Camilla does? Sophie?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:54 PM

At the moment. The moment we start supporting her she better pull her finger out.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. IMO she could go on a holiday once a month, as long as she isn't cheating anyone, kicking any dogs, doing drugs, acting like a fool while on holiday....who cares? In addition, the only people who should be hounding her to get a job is her parents, cause they are the one supporting her.
"Who cares?" as long as she doesn't become the next British princess. I could care less about her if she wasn't dating PW. The point is that she is!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

If she does marry William and becomes a part of the "Firm" her lack of answering the phones, getting coffee, typing memos, making sales calls or whatever are not indications on whether or not she could attend official functions...where honestly...the only thing she needs to do is make a speech (not even written by her), stand quietly in the background, do her walk abouts, open a hospital, etc or produce the next heir. Basically support her husband. Not to be funny...but isn't that what Camilla does? Sophie?
Very well said Zonk!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Imo, these ladies have raised the standards that many (not all) of us expect from someone who is going to be working for the rest of their lives and who will lead a life of extraordinary privilege.
You forgot one particular princess who raised the bar and that was Princess Alexandra of Denmark.

She had a fantastic career before her marriage, was well-spoken, learned Danish perfectly, was diplomatic, sincere, hard-working, in short the perfect princess.

However, she had one major problem. She and Prince Joachim could not keep their marriage together and they divorced.

Alexandra and Joachim are too classy to reveal to the rest of us what went wrong in their marriage but one wonders if she was overqualified for the role of royal princess. I think its quite possible that her purposeful and very successful career made her ambitious to gain more real world accomplishments than she was able to as the consort of a lesser prince in a royal family whose role is mainly symbolic.

Because royals are nonpolitical by nature and by nature almost anything can be turned political, any roayl venture into actually making any real accomplishments is often fraught with controversy. Look at Prince Charles who is heir of the throne and is trying to make a difference in some areas he believes in. He is getting resistance every step of the way and quite honestly, though I like Charles, he's not really doing that much to get that much resistance.

How frustrating it must be for a woman who has a long list of real career accomplishments behind her to take on what is mostly a figurehead role. But a figurehead role is precisely what William's future wife will be taking on.

Actually all these ultra-accomplished career women marrying into royal families and finding out the royal life is not all its cracked up to be is not IMO really the best solution.

Its harder to find a career wife nowadays but the answer to William's marriage problems has got to lie somewhere between high-powered career woman and comfy stay-at-home wifey.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
"Who cares?" as long as she doesn't become the next British princess. I could care less about her if she wasn't dating PW. The point is that she is!
To be honest.....none of us would care about the girl if she wasn't dating William either. Though its fair to say...some of us care don't about her and she is dating him. Oh well! You can't win them all
Old 12-29-2006, 05:04 PM

Well, I care because there's a chance I'll be paying a bit more for her in the future. I'm paying for her now but if that sub is going to go up, I think I've got a right to rip her to bits.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
...If she does marry William and becomes a part of the "Firm" her lack of answering the phones, getting coffee, typing memos, making sales calls or whatever are not indications on whether or not she could attend official functions...where honestly...the only thing she needs to do is make a speech (not even written by her), stand quietly in the background, do her walk abouts, open a hospital, etc or produce the next heir. Basically support her husband. Not to be funny...but isn't that what Camilla does? Sophie?
Well it is clear that the quality and expectations of British princesses is not on the same level as, say, Danish princesses or Spanish princesses or Dutch princesses or Belgium princesses. To each their own.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well it is clear that the quality and expectations of British princesses is not on the same level as, say, Danish princesses or Spanish princesses or Dutch princesses or Belgium princesses. To each their own.
No, we don't all expect our princesses to have to work, we realise that just because you have worked 9 to 5, it doesn't make you a nicer person!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
No, we don't all expect our princesses to have to work, we realise that just because you have worked 9 to 5, it doesn't make you a nicer person!
And so continues the decline of the BRF, imho.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

{response to deleted post removed - Elspeth}

I want Catherine, if she marries William to be happy and fulfilled in her supporting role as the wife of a Prince. I want them to lead long and happy lives. If they are happy with each other, that will, IMO, be reflected in their dealings with the public!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I want Catherine, if she marries William to be happy and fulfilled in her supporting role as the wife of a Prince. I want them to lead long and happy lives. If they are happy with each other, that will, IMO, be reflected in their dealings with the public!
Thanks skydragon. That seems fair enough. I agree totally.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william