The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothy
Is there some evidence that Kate ever refers to herself as Catherine? Is that why you call her by a name that's never used of her? I think most Kates that call themselves Kate would be bemused to be referred to by a name they never use. My cousin Kate has never called herself Katherine in her life.
But Catherine prefers Catherine in her private life. It was the media who dubbed her Kate. Her real name is Catherine Elizabeth Middleton.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Her full names are Catherine Elizabeth. Apparently a few months ago it was claimed she preferred 'Catherine' rather than 'Kate', but I doubt that she issued a press release to clarify the situation. Since then some members have referred to her as 'Catherine', some see her as the Divine Miss M, and others see her as the harbinger of doom for the House of Windsor.
Take your pick.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Nobility

I think it's polite to use whatever she uses. If that's Catherine so be it!
Old 12-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
HighGoalHighDreams and Madame Royale, you are joining Skydragon and Warren in my favorite posters Royal Forums club. There are others here as well, but those two immediately come to mind. That will be all. Happy Holidays everyone!!
Why, thank you very much. That was a great thing to wake up to this morning.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
THANK YOU!!!!! These kids crack me up, looking down on Kate from atop of their crosses, bellyaching about Kate not working. SHE NOW WORKS AND EVEN IF SHE NEVER WORKS AND MARRIES PRINCE WILLIAM, GOOD FOR HER. As long as she's not slashing her wrists, tossing her cookies in the bathroom, or hurling herself down the stairs, I think Kate will be okay. Kate is not a monster for not flipping burgers at MickeyDs or working the checkout counter at Walmart.

The working class hero song is tiresome. For those of us who were answering the bell before those who are screaming at Kate about a job were even born, working is not all it's cracked up to be. If Kate's parents make enough to keep her in style so she doesn't have to work, I'm all for it. I'm all for ANYONE who doesn't have to do 9 to 5. I count the SECONDS until I can retire.

Get your butts kicked in A CAREER for 30+ years then get back to me about Kate not working. She deserves a medal in my book. God save us all from the HATERS.
I have to quote this, and emphasize the bolded part.

All these people whining about how Kate doesn't work, what is she going to do with her life, why doesn't she do something.....I would KILL to not have to work. I WISH my parents/family could provide for me to sit on my butt all day and do other things with my time. There is absolutely no shame nor should there be, attached to having the money to not have to work. There just isn't. Being able to hold down a job isn't some affirmation that you're a good person or a worthy person. If Kate is financially well-off enough to never see a cubicle, then good for her. She's luckier than most. It doesn't make her snobbish, arrogant, entitled or any other denegrating phrase that can be conjured up.

Yeah, I wish Paris Hilton would know what's it like to be one of us "regular" people, but the truth is.....I'd rather be her (financially-speaking) than me. I'd love to be able to provide for my family without having to work myself to death for it. People who think it's bad form to never work are missing the bigger picture. Earning a dollar and knowing what it's like to have to work for a living is a great thing to teach a child. No one wants a spoiled child. However, telling them that they HAVE to work, else they be viewed as pampered and entitled is wrong.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Nobility

SisterMorphine, I'm with ya! If I ever hit that lotto, we're quitting our jobs and going shopping with Kate!!! Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Commoner

hello every body:
I really don`t know how is the relations between men and women who are not married there in UK and how to gudge it.but i really think that Kate is envolved strongly in Prince William life and I don`t know what is the possibilities that this would not lead to marriage??????? He is a prince I think he has a degree of ........I d9on`t know>.<
Old 12-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
SisterMorphine, I'm with ya! If I ever hit that lotto, we're quitting our jobs and going shopping with Kate!!! Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!!!

Sounds like a good plan! I can always use new shoes.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-26-2006, 01:40 AM
Aristocracy

I totally agree with you in that one. Many people may criticize Kate or whatever but bottom line is it is jealousy and i bet if they had the money they would the exact same thing as her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
All these people whining about how Kate doesn't work, what is she going to do with her life, why doesn't she do something.....I would KILL to not have to work.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Nobility

You are absolutely right. It all boils down to petty jealousy. They would do the exact same thing as Kate if they could only dream of half the chance.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
There is absolutely no shame nor should there be, attached to having the money to not have to work. There just isn't. Being able to hold down a job isn't some affirmation that you're a good person or a worthy person. If Kate is financially well-off enough to never see a cubicle, then good for her. She's luckier than most. It doesn't make her snobbish, arrogant, entitled or any other denegrating phrase that can be conjured up.
You are 100% right, just because someone works, it does not make them good or worthy!
Quote:
If I ever hit that lotto, we're quitting our jobs and going shopping with Kate!!!
I will cross my fingers for you.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

the grass is always greener on the other side isn't it...those of us that work wish we didn't have to and the ones that are fortunate enough not to have are viewed as lazy and ungrateful. it's a no win situation. i agree it's envy.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

For all anyone knows it may have been decided/recommended/suggested by royal advisors that Kate not have an everyday job because of possible conflicts that might arise later if or when she marries Prince William.

There were come complaints about Sophie using her royal connects to improve her business interests.

Just my thoughts
Old 12-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Courtier

I'm not jealous of Kate. I just think she's lazy and lacks motivation but William is free to marry her if he chooses and I maintain that it is his choice and when all is said and done, he could very well choose not to marry her. But the press seems to be pressuring him to marry Kate in much the same way Charles was pressured to marry Diana. We'll see.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Commoner

The issue here is the fact that Kate went to college like everyone else did, the logical thing would be after college, you find a job and start to work isn't?
I do not judge her because she's not engaged yet, right now she's free to do whatever she wants to do. For some people she looks boring, because she's not trying to get the media frenzy or because she's not calling the press to give details about her relationship with William.
They still young to think about marriage, maybe they will have a long courtship (like happened with his uncle and aunt, the Count and Countess of Wessex)
As long he's in love and he's marrying for the right reasons and not to use Kate as a resource to preserve the crown (I mean only to have children) it's ok.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebajp
The issue here is the fact that Kate went to college like everyone else did, the logical thing would be after college, you find a job and start to work isn't?
I do not judge her because she's not engaged yet, right now she's free to do whatever she wants to do. For some people she looks boring, because she's not trying to get the media frenzy or because she's not calling the press to give details about her relationship with William.
They still young to think about marriage, maybe they will have a long courtship (like happened with his uncle and aunt, the Count and Countess of Wessex)
As long he's in love and he's marrying for the right reasons and not to use Kate as a resource to preserve the crown (I mean only to have children) it's ok.

Just a small correction - Prince Edward is the Earl of Wessex not the count.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebajp
There are people who never have to work, so while they get the best education possible, afterwards they simply do what they want to do. And if this doesn't include working for a time, why care about that decision?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The woman studied for how many years? Surely she isn't (well she can if people wish to and of course they shall) being judged on her work ethic purely on the grounds of having taken leave (for a period of time) of any further employment or study aspirations.

Her parents are self made millionaires and while I don't think that a very good excuse to refrain from pursuing anything, I can understand if there was no urgency in finding a job. If my parents were as wealthy (and I myself am born of a somewhat privileged family life) as hers, I know that neither my father or my mother would have hesitated in supporting me financially for the duration of my time away from external obligations. I was very fortunate in that I landed something as soon as I finsihed school but if I hadn't, there's no question my parents would have supported me much the same way I assume Catherine has been supported by hers.

And to be perfectly honest, I don't see anything wrong with that and who would I be to judge her even if I did?

Lets dock those majestic high horses, stash away the moral feed and look to the future.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
... why care about that decision?
Because indulging in righteous indignation and moral superiority, with the added bonus of telling others how to live their lives, is wonderfully uplifting and feelgood?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Because indulging in righteous indignation and moral superiority, with the added bonus of telling others how to live their lives, is wonderfully uplifting and feelgood?
Well, to be honest, I personally find that behaviour rather depressing and negative.... In another thread on these forums a poster stated that a princess (Mary of Denmark) has lost the smile in her eyes after being married for some time and asked herself why? Idea was that it happened because she never really smiled from the heart and only just now she shows her true colours... And I thought spontaneously: no, because she's met by now too many of these jealous, negative and self-righteous people in reality and learned her lesson by now.... Just imagine you were Catherine and all these posters who don't like you would tell you that and why in a way that you noticed. Wouldn't you cease smiling at some point? I guess I would!

Closed Thread

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william