The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense
This speculation is so pathetic! Just remember what happened to Diana and ask yourself whether you really need to know about it every time Kate takes out the trash. IF and when there is an announcement, we'll know about it! Until then doesn't Kate deserve a bit of privacy. She's not on the national payroll yet so it's not like we're "entitled".
Very well said but, I have a feeling that those that hounded Diana to her death with the 'I want pictures/details' attitude will not take any notice. I think if any of us were being stalked by photographers, we would not be happy about it, I think she is doing remarkably well!

Old 12-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
She does not deserve any privacy.
To bring it to an absurde point, but reacting to the "any" remark: You mean, if you met her by chance in the restrooms of a London restaurant, you would feel she has to let her door open so anybody could see her while the door to your stall is firmly closed as you deserve privacy and she has no right to it?

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
This speculation is so pathetic! Just remember what happened to Diana and ask yourself whether you really need to know about it every time Kate takes out the trash. IF and when there is an announcement, we'll know about it! Until then doesn't Kate deserve a bit of privacy. She's not on the national payroll yet so it's not like we're "entitled".
I think EVERY PERSON deserves privacy. That is why we put curtains in our windows. I would ask you if you dont deserve privacy┐ would you like havin your neihors checkin out every move you make┐ The truth is that like her or not she sells papers, so the press is on her. And despite I participated in the discussion I remember all this is a thread for events, not discussions on Kate┤s whatever we feel like to discuss
Old 12-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
This is what I don't get about her and people who feel she deserves privacy. She does not deserve any privacy. Sure, she doesn't deserve to be mistreated, stalked or run off the road. But she is dating Prince William. And frankly it is her scowling facial expressions coupled with her lack of work for the last 18 months that has utterly turned me off from her. Her ungraciousness is very ugly, imho. I hope she fades away in time and William finds someone friendlier and more motivated to marry.
you're right in one sense...being out in public makes you fare game for photographers so expecting privacy when you're walking down the street is a moot point but she does have every right to expect privacy when it's appropriate no matter who she's dating. so far the photos of her haven't invaded her privacy but neither have they told us anything about the kind of person she is and saying that she's ungracious, unfriendly and unmotivated are simply assumptions on your part. I've seen a lot of photos and she's never had a scowl on her face...she's not smiling in a lot of them but she's certainly never scowling. if you have a pic of her scowling i'd love to see (seriously, i'm not being facetious)
Old 12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
This is what I don't get about her and people who feel she deserves privacy. She does not deserve any privacy. Sure, she doesn't deserve to be mistreated, stalked or run off the road. But she is dating Prince William. And frankly it is her scowling facial expressions coupled with her lack of work for the last 18 months that has utterly turned me off from her. Her ungraciousness is very ugly, imho. I hope she fades away in time and William finds someone friendlier and more motivated to marry.
I don't see why it is anyone's business if Kate has never worked a day in her life- (BTW Has Camilla ever held a job?) If she can afford to shop all day then power to her, I'm jealous. As far as her being ungracious and unfriendly- That is exactly what makes Kate appealing- she isn't chasing the limelight. She doesn't put things in front of her face, or scream at the photographers nastily. She just always keeps her cool and minds her own business- perfect! As for her being ugly- she may not be Diana, but doesn't that make you respect William for seeking more than just a pretty face!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't see why it is anyone's business if Kate has never worked a day in her life- (BTW Has Camilla ever held a job?)
Absolutely right. She is not obliged to work or not to work just to satisfy us. And she does not live from OUR money

Quote:
I As far as her being ungracious and unfriendly- !
How we can know if she is unfriendly??? We never met her.

Quote:
I As for her being ugly- she may not be Diana, but doesn't that make you respect William for seeking more than just a pretty face!
I'm sorry that Kate now, is much much prettier than the Diana in the early times of her marriage. Diana'a beauty explosed after her 30ies - 32s, but in her 20s she was nothing nothing special, and if you look at hern style....... a tragedy
Old 12-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Absolutely right. She is not obliged to work or not to work just to satisfy us. And she does not live from OUR money
Iam just curious as to what are your expectations from a Princess of Wales? I, for one, am not going to be happy if a Princess has never worked a day in her life, is constantly photographed being on yatches, leaving clubs, dancing around with her boyfriends friends...But that is something which I would not like to see. You are absolutely right, when you say that Kate is not obliged to work. I would just like her to show a bit more work ethic. Just show that she realizes money is hard to make. By the way things are going, it seem to me that is quite spoiled.

Quote:
How we can know if she is unfriendly??? We never met her.
You know at this point, what you believe or what I believe is based on rumors, photos and what the press says about her. Both of our opinions can not be taken as facts. You don't think she is unfriendly, but I look at all the pictures of her, (showing the finger to the pappz etc.) and get something different.

Quote:
I'm sorry that Kate now, is much much prettier than the Diana in the early times of her marriage. Diana'a beauty explosed after her 30ies - 32s, but in her 20s she was nothing nothing special, and if you look at hern style....... a tragedy
It interesting, how you have chosen to comment on Diana, on nothing more than materialistic attributes. I am not going to judge Kate on how "pretty" she is etc. All I ask for is solid ethical actions from her side.
Anyways, I sincerly hope you do not take my comments offensively. You had some good point.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra
Iam just curious as to what are your expectations from a Princess of Wales? I, for one, am not going to be happy if a Princess has never worked a day in her life, is constantly photographed being on yatches, leaving clubs, dancing around with her boyfriends friends...But that is something which I would not like to see. You are absolutely right, when you say that Kate is not obliged to work. I would just like her to show a bit more work ethic. Just show that she realizes money is hard to make. By the way things are going, it seem to me that is quite spoiled.
The Queen Mother never worked a day in her life, The Queen has never 'worked' a day in her life, Princess Margaret never worked a day in her life. As long as 'my' princess of wales is discreet, well mannered, well behaved and not publicity hungry, she will be OK by me.
When your parents are fairly wealthy, it would be impossible to realise that for some, money is hard to make.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Remember that "working" is a middle and lower class necessity. For the upper class it is voluntary. To work or not to work is therefore irrelevant to the future wife of Prince William as "working" is not considered a character building activity.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

This thread is now open again, and I've moved some posts from the current-events thread here. Please keep the discussion civil so we can continue to have it open.

Thank you.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 12-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Commoner

Quote:
(BTW Has Camilla ever held a job?)
No she hasn't held a job, and that is one of many reasons I dislike her.

Quote:
As far as her being ungracious and unfriendly- That is exactly what makes Kate appealing
I respect your opinion; you are entitled to it. I, however, don't see this particular trait as positive. There is nothing about a scowling person that is even remotely endearing to me.

Quote:
As for her being ugly- she may not be Diana, but doesn't that make you respect William for seeking more than just a pretty face!
No, because William probably simply holds a different standard of beauty. In his eyes, she is probably no less beautiful than Diana is in mine.

Quote:
The Queen Mother never worked a day in her life, The Queen has never 'worked' a day in her life, Princess Margaret never worked a day in her life.
The Queen Mother and the Queen had careers in my opinion - they were, and in the Queen's case are, working royals. I guess this just depends on your definition of work.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

If Kate marries William, she'll be a working royal. The Queen Mother didn't have a career or the training for a career when she was a young woman, before her royal future was even thought of.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by neners
The Queen Mother and the Queen had careers in my opinion - they were, and in the Queen's case are, working royals. I guess this just depends on your definition of work.
As very little has ever been in the public eye about whether or not Camilla has been employed, it might be nice if you were to share, where you got that fact.

QM, was just a socialite, she married into the royal family, more than that she married the 2nd son and even id she hadn't, she would probably never have had to 'work'.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Administrator

From what I can see Kate belongs to the upper middle class...and doesn't have to work for a living. While I myself, would be bored to death......I would give anything for the opportunity to work not because I HAVE to work because I want to. And maybe she doesn't want to work. But we don't really know now do we? I mean, have we heard the girl speak?!

I fail to see the correlation of her working and what her "character" is. Now....if she did work and she was a true working class girl and became a successful businesswoman...I could see how some might say she has great character traits....but I don't see the logic that because she doesn't work she is an awful person...and is not worthy of any respect.

And really, its unfair to compare Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth (I mean really!) and Camilla with Kate. They are from a different time (and came from reasonably wealthy families) amd these women had a different expectations. They weren't supposed to work unless they really wanted to (sometimes over the objections of their families). In the case of the Queen Mother, she wasn't expected to work. Her job was to run her household and raise her children (even with a nanny). The same goes with Camilla.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry... I don't get it... would the people who dislike Kate so venhemently rather Paris Hilton (or Britney Spears) was dating Prince William? Would they consider her to be attractive and would they class her to be working a valuable job?!

I agree Kate has managed to keep her private life PRIVATE and good on her for that. Just because she isn't blonde, flashing her flesh everywhere and wearing a bandaid for a skirt doesn't make her "boring"... it makes her a mature person.

In my opinion.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Majesty

I was under the impression that her parents had their own business. In that case how do we know that Kate isn't working for them?

Just because she doesn't go out to work doesn't mean she isn't working.

What she is working at doing is none of our business at the moment.

If she marries William she will face a lifetime of work with no retirement possible - so maybe she is having her retirement years now!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
I was under the impression that her parents had their own business. In that case how do we know that Kate isn't working for them?

Just because she doesn't go out to work doesn't mean she isn't working.

What she is working at doing is none of our business at the moment.

If she marries William she will face a lifetime of work with no retirement possible - so maybe she is having her retirement years now!!!
Well, the mystery of Kate working/not working is now solved. She is a buyer for the clothing company, Jigsaw. Hopefully, some people are now at peace knowing that she has a job besides being Prince William's girlfriend.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Remember that "working" is a middle and lower class necessity. For the upper class it is voluntary. To work or not to work is therefore irrelevant to the future wife of Prince William as "working" is not considered a character building activity.
THANK YOU!!!!! These kids crack me up, looking down on Kate from atop of their crosses, bellyaching about Kate not working. SHE NOW WORKS AND EVEN IF SHE NEVER WORKS AND MARRIES PRINCE WILLIAM, GOOD FOR HER. As long as she's not slashing her wrists, tossing her cookies in the bathroom, or hurling herself down the stairs, I think Kate will be okay. Kate is not a monster for not flipping burgers at MickeyDs or working the checkout counter at Walmart.

The working class hero song is tiresome. For those of us who were answering the bell before those who are screaming at Kate about a job were even born, working is not all it's cracked up to be. If Kate's parents make enough to keep her in style so she doesn't have to work, I'm all for it. I'm all for ANYONE who doesn't have to do 9 to 5. I count the SECONDS until I can retire.

Get your butts kicked in A CAREER for 30+ years then get back to me about Kate not working. She deserves a medal in my book. God save us all from the HATERS.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by neners
Camilla Parker Bowles was the wife of an high ranking officer. In that position you of course have duties to fulfill. So she was working but wasn't payed for it.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I believe that who Kate's boyfriend is pretty much renders her ineligeable for most jobs.

There are not too many employers out there that would be willing to risk having the stalkerazzi blocking their entranceways, exits, docking bays or reception areas and generally messing up the workplace for any other employees.

Any vicarious publicity gained by being the employer of Prince William's girlfriend could turn to custard if the relationship ended. Conversely, if it doesn't end they could be on the receiving end of some horrendous publicity about "cashing in" on her connections.

Perhaps that explains why she has been so reticent about her employment or lack thereof.

The fact that she has a job and we didn't know it proves there really is more to her than just being "William's Girlfriend".

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william