The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

But we don't know what she does in her free time - her free time may be much more interesting then we are aware of.
Kate is a discreet person, which doesn't necessarily mean she is boring. I am not among her greatest fans but I prefer not to be unfair; we know almost nothing about her and for that she should say 'thank you' to her friends, relatives and other people, who are close to her.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:40 PM

Well, if she hasn't got a job then her whole life is free time. Surely she does something that might be of interest to us? I find her frightfully boring and dull and coupled with William, who is also boring and dull, we're in for some very tired years ahead.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Laviollette

No I am not saying that Catherine does not have a job or that she has done very little since she graduated and having read my post again, I wonder just where you see anything that suggests that.

Nobody has the right to judge another person just because they don't have any details of what they may or may not be doing. We are entitled to comment on facts and I am sure we have all thought about just what some of the people we meet on here are like in real life. Whether they are unemployed and living on benefits (I think you call it social), whether they are mean because they have an awful job and feel others should also suffer, or just plain mean.

Nobody knows whether the royal family 'ticked off' potential brides, all we do know is that for whatever reason the relationships failed. The Press like to influence public opinion and some people appear to fall for it.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Ah but there's a difference. There's nothing there for Kate. She gives nothing out, no personality, no flair, she sulks, she's boring and she's painfully dull. All I see her do is shop and sulk and okay so that's not all she does - but if it's not all she does, why don't we see her doing anything else?!
I just don't feel the 'need to know' what she does with her time. She could be galloping about the countryside, learning what will be expected of her, if she becomes Williams wife, she could be learning all the bl**dy useless lessons that 'gels' went to finishing school to learn, she could be learning caligraphy, she could be learning to draw, to paint, play the piano.

Quote:
Camilla may not have been seen working but we knew about her. We knew she was a hard worker for causes she'd taken upon herself. We knew that she went to country fetes and we knew that she cooked and we knew that she generally lived. If Kate wants be unemployed, fine but she should be doing something to make her a little more interesting.
Nobody but her friends and family knew anything about Camilla after she married APB. Very little was know about what she did with her time. After her involvement with Charles was disclosed, the media dug around for any little snippet they could find. The very few photos they could find or take, showed a sullen, miserable woman, scowling at the photographers, who's only interest seemed to be hunting.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Nobody but her friends and family knew anything about Camilla after she married APB. Very little was know about what she did with her time. After her involvement with Charles was disclosed, the media dug around for any little snippet they could find. The very few photos they could find or take, showed a sullen, miserable woman, scowling at the photographers, who's only interest seemed to be hunting.
Now, that's a fair point. Before marrying the Prince of Wales, hardly anyone knew anything about Camilla (except the myths created by the media, most of them unattractive and untrue). Thinking of it, Kate is in the same situation. No one knows (almost) anything about her.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
But we don't know what she does in her free time - her free time may be much more interesting then we are aware of.
Kate is a discreet person, which doesn't necessarily mean she is boring. I am not among her greatest fans but I prefer not to be unfair; we know almost nothing about her and for that she should say 'thank you' to her friends, relatives and other people, who are close to her.
I don't have to go out to earn my living but, I am certainly not going to tell you what I do with my time.

That must make me seem boring, because nobody knows, I must be a lazy good for nothing, who has wasted her education laying in bed all day, shopping or watching the television!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't have to go out to earn my living but, I am certainly not going to tell you what I do with my time.
Awwww, can't we see you "cycling or swimming or writing an article or painting a picture or something" ?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
But you're not set to be the future Queen of Great Britain are you?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:33 PM

You know what would make Catherine really cool in my eyes?
If she plays a big joke on "us" and sets up a lemonade stand outside her flat, with a mega sign that says in bold black letters: "Support the Future Princess Fund!"
I bet she would make a killing! Imagine all the tourists and paparazzi would come swarming to buy some lemonade just to get close to her, get some good pics, and all. They'd probably pay like $10 for a little cup of lemonade, and Kate would be all set. She could make hundreds in a day!
The Lemonade Girl....Go to St. Andrew's, top Scottish university, get an art history honors degree, and sell lemonade for a living until you can get your prince to propose.... lovely!
She should do it as a joke, a sort of revenge on all the people that say she's lazy and all.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
If she plays a big joke on "us" and sets up a lemonade stand outside her flat, with a mega sign that says in bold black letters: "Support the Future Princess Fund!"
I bet she would make a killing! Imagine all the tourists and paparazzi would come swarming to buy some lemonade just to get close to her, get some good pics, and all. They'd probably pay like $10 for a little cup of lemonade, and Kate would be all set. She could make hundreds in a day!
The Lemonade Girl....Go to St. Andrew's, top Scottish university, get an art history honors degree, and sell lemonade for a living until you can get your prince to propose.... lovely!
She should do it as a joke, a sort of revenge on all the people that say she's lazy and all.
Too funny!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
But you're not set to be the future Queen of Great Britain are you?
No comment! (annoyed look at the reporter/photographer)
Old 11-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
If she plays a big joke on "us" and sets up a lemonade stand outside her flat, with a mega sign that says in bold black letters: "Support the Future Princess Fund!" ...
That would be hillarious and cool but I imagine her Majesty's and Prince Philip's faces when they read about it in the morning newspaper!
I guess if she did something 'cool' like that, it would be the end of any hopes to become future Princess.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I just don't feel the 'need to know' what she does with her time.
Yeah, I agree Skydragon
Old 11-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by neners
No offense, but practically nothing that we know about these people is set in stone. This board is an opportunity for people to speculate on what they're doing with a few facts thrown in here and there. ...
... Facts are for the newspapers. Message boards are about opinions. That's what gives them their character
No offence taken but there is a world of difference between giving an opinion and stating something as absolute fact. Inventing or repeating malicious gossip and suggesting it is fact, is very 'below the belt', 'bad form', 'spiteful', whatever you want to call it.

Speculate, give an opinion but, it is dishonest, IMO, to pass it off as fact.

My opinion, based on real life experience, is that newspapers rarely print the facts.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I guess if she did something 'cool' like that, it would be the end of any hopes to become future Princess.
Do it Kate, do it!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
Awwww, can't we see you "cycling or swimming or writing an article or painting a picture or something" ?
certainly not!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Do it Kate, do it!
Are you urging her to do it, so that she would blow up all her chancec to become a Princess or because you would like her more if she did?
Old 11-20-2006, 07:33 PM

I wouldn't dare give her advice but I think converting to Roman Catholicism would boost her chances.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I see now you have Kate's best interests in your mind.
I think starring in a few Hollywood (or Bollywood) movies would make a wedding all but certain.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Laviollette

No I am not saying that Catherine does not have a job or that she has done very little since she graduated and having read my post again, I wonder just where you see anything that suggests that.

Nobody has the right to judge another person just because they don't have any details of what they may or may not be doing. We are entitled to comment on facts and I am sure we have all thought about just what some of the people we meet on here are like in real life. Whether they are unemployed and living on benefits (I think you call it social), whether they are mean because they have an awful job and feel others should also suffer, or just plain mean.

Nobody knows whether the royal family 'ticked off' potential brides, all we do know is that for whatever reason the relationships failed. The Press like to influence public opinion and some people appear to fall for it.
I'm simply asking a question: are you trying to justify or explain why Kate doesn't work to support herself if in fact she does not? We have no evidence that she works but her supporters continue to say well we don't actually know if she does or not. So, if she's done nothing for the past year and a half, is that okay? After all she is being shoved down our throats by the media and the UK press in particular as the perfect princess for William while they ignore her lack of work ethic.

They also bombard the public with these imminent engagement and wedding predictions while also ignoring this couple's 2 break-ups at least while passing this relationship off as solid as a rock when it is not. Obviously the media clamour for a wedding is not the fault of Kate and William but it is still important to point out warning signals in this, at least on William's part, forced at gun point march down the aisle. A lot of warning signs were present before Charles and Diana got married but the giddy press and public and the royal family chose to ignore them. Bad idea.

And clearly the RF ticks off a list of potential royal wives as have the press who have decided Kate is perfect not because of some achievement but because she fits into their narrow definition of who they're looking for. We won't get an Alexandra (of Denmark) or a Charlotte Casiraghi. We'll see Diana and Sarah all over again who didn't work out the last time. Or we'll get another safe Sophie. All white bred and protestant. No color or excitement. Just doom, divorce and more disrepute.

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william