The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I bet she is doing something. No one really knew what Mary Donaldson was up to in the pre-engagement years...... We underestimate the Palace. With the right persuasions and negociations, they can keep the press quiet on some matters. .... Also, look how well William concealed his romantic relationships of past. The press didn't know, or release the knowledge, about Arabella until two years after the fact. And no one to this day knows the real story about Jecca. It's all "well, the prince allegedly pursued Miss Craig..." or "the prince was said to have a fling with Miss Craig..." or "he was said to invite Miss Craig to Highgrove..." It's all just a hundred ways of saying they don't know what the heck is going on!
Brilliant. If the girl was out partying 24/7, photographed Binge drinking, coming out of various men's flats in the early hours, then I could almost understand why so many on here hate this girl.

Everything you do know is based on rumour and speculation and a few photo's!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Courtier

The apologists for Kate's lack of work keep trying to convince us that indeed Kate does have a secret job or that she is doing something, secretly. Well what if it is in fact true that she is not doing anything except for what it appears she is doing, nothing? Then what would you have to say?

And I certainly agree that a superior education doesn't always mean superior intelligence much less inspire a work ethic or prepare one for the job of princess or queen. We see examples of this everyday.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
But do you have an example of a story that says that?
The Sun, The Daily Mail and The Times all have stories that have carried the "spokesperson" tag. I've got hard copies but I'll try and find an online copy.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
The apologists for Kate's lack of work keep trying to convince us that indeed Kate does have a secret job or that she is doing something, secretly. Well what if it is in fact true that she is not doing anything except for what it appears she is doing, nothing? Then what would you have to say?
I'd say, "Lucky girl!"
Old 11-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I wouldn't call myself an apologist at all and I am reasonably sure nobody else who defends Catherine from some of the nasty comments on here would either. Some people prefer to be fair and give her the benefit of the doubt.

So lets at least try to stick to the facts as we know them, it is an alleged lack of work.

If in fact she does not have a company or is not in paid employment, good luck to her. Most young men and women would say, it must be wonderful for her to be able to do her own thing without the worry of where the next dime is coming from!:whistling

It is clear from your posts that you have to work and it is great that you have a job, if you need one. There are, however, many people that do not have to go out to work to earn enough to live. Most of them are so busy, they wonder how anyone finds the time to hold down a job!

Unless you have lived the life for yourself, it is best not to be too judgemental, otherwise people might think it is a major attack of the green eyed monster!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
She must be on vacation, again, from her secret employment.
I wonder where the 'all knowing' media were, don't some people keep telling us that if she did anything, "the press would know".

I think it's wonderful that she was able to take a break from her busy schedule (which may or may not include working) to spend time with some friends, just like any ordinary girl!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:53 PM

Busy schedule? Then again, I suppose all that sulking and shopping really would tire the poor girl out.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I wonder where the 'all knowing' media were, don't some people keep telling us that if she did anything, "the press would know".

I think it's wonderful that she was able to take a break from her busy schedule (which may or may not include working) to spend time with some friends, just like any ordinary girl!
I don't think the press knows everything she does and when she does it. But I do think they know that currently, she does not have a job. There is no way around it.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I'd say, "Lucky girl!"
As long as miss princess-in-waiting never becomes the actual princess, more power to her.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't think the press knows everything she does and when she does it. But I do think they know that currently, she does not have a job. There is no way around it.
They are the first to say, that they don't actually know anything.

Nobody knows for a fact, whether she is employed or not, except Catherine, her family, William and his family. So unless you are privy to information that no one else has (in which case I'd advise you to contact Max Clifford), you should stop stating she does not work!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I'd say, "Lucky girl!"
How wonderful, an honest reply!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:13 PM

Well if she doesn't work, what does she do?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
As long as miss princess-in-waiting never becomes the actual princess, more power to her.
Why is it so important to you whether Catherine is in employment or not? She hasn't spent any of your money getting an education, you are not paying to feed and clothe her.

I don't believe anyone needs to be in employment or have been in employment, to make them a nice person. If she is a nice person, will it make any difference whether she worked in woolworth or walmart? Will it make her a nicer person if she works at Sotherbys or Christies (where she might only meet the elite clientelle)? Will it make her nice if she works in an office, a cafe, a bar, an old peoples home?

No, of course not. She has friends that seem loyal and discreet, she has a family that seem discreet, loyal and loving, she has a boyfriend and his family that seem supportive.

Her only crime, to some, seems to be that they don't know what she does with her time and because they can't find out and nobody will tell them, they have decided to assassinate this young womans character. Reading some of the comments put on this board about Catherine, I have to wonder how 'nice' they are, the mind boggles!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:20 PM

I'll be totally frank, I don't like William and I never will. Who he courts is of no interest to me BUT his future wife will be my future Queen whether I like it or not so I do think I have the right to criticise any future contender for the position. I don't like Kate, maybe thats because I don't like William and it's a connotation thing but if he does marry her, she better pull her socks up and actually do something or come William V's reign, I shall be a Republican.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
They are the first to say, that they don't actually know anything.

Nobody knows for a fact, whether she is employed or not, except Catherine, her family, William and his family. So unless you are privy to information that no one else has (in which case I'd advise you to contact Max Clifford), you should stop stating she does not work!
No offense, but practically nothing that we know about these people is set in stone. This board is an opportunity for people to speculate on what they're doing with a few facts thrown in here and there. If we discussed only what we are sure is fact, there would be about 5 posts on this thread. Some people do operate under the philosophy that unless they see solid proof that Kate is working then she isn't. Others say that unless they see solid proof that Kate isn't working then she must be. There is nothing wrong with either of these thoughts and people shouldn't be bashed for holding either of these opinions. It's all about how you analyze the situation. Facts are for the newspapers. Message boards are about opinions. That's what gives them their character
Old 11-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I wouldn't call myself an apologist at all and I am reasonably sure nobody else who defends Catherine from some of the nasty comments on here would either. Some people prefer to be fair and give her the benefit of the doubt.

So lets at least try to stick to the facts as we know them, it is an alleged lack of work.

If in fact she does not have a company or is not in paid employment, good luck to her. Most young men and women would say, it must be wonderful for her to be able to do her own thing without the worry of where the next dime is coming from!:whistling

It is clear from your posts that you have to work and it is great that you have a job, if you need one. There are, however, many people that do not have to go out to work to earn enough to live. Most of them are so busy, they wonder how anyone finds the time to hold down a job!

Unless you have lived the life for yourself, it is best not to be too judgemental, otherwise people might think it is a major attack of the green eyed monster!
So you are admitting that Kate does not have a job and has not done much in the 17 months since she graduated from university? If she does not want to work and does not have to work, that is fine. However, if she is being pushed on the public as PW's future wife and princess, anyone who wants can make a judgment on what she has done with her life up until that point.

The BRF and the British press love to tick off a list of suitable brides but so far the ones who looked good on paper didn't stand up in real life. They are all about virgins, no Koo's and no Catholics but where has it gotten them? In serious disrepute. Kate looks good on paper, she's English, she's protestant, she's not a footballer's wife. But already what looks good on paper is starting to look wrinkled in real life.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I'll be totally frank, I don't like William and I never will. Who he courts is of no interest to me BUT his future wife will be my future Queen whether I like it or not so I do think I have the right to criticise any future contender for the position. I don't like Kate, maybe thats because I don't like William and it's a connotation thing but if he does marry her, she better pull her socks up and actually do something or come William V's reign, I shall be a Republican.
But, until the day she does marry William, she should be allowed to get on with her life, doing what she wants. The moment any ring is on her finger that is the end of life as she knows it and even I will expect her to be seen doing some charity work.

Camilla wasn't 'seen' working for long and look what a wonderful princess she is!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with neners (well, except the bit that facts are for newspapers - I know a couple of them, that don't even know the word 'fact').
Everyone has his/her own point of view.
Personally I think that we have no idea what Kate does in her free time (and I admire her for that). I study and work but you can see me shopping twice as much as Kate does (at least is seen).
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:31 PM

Ah but there's a difference. There's nothing there for Kate. She gives nothing out, no personality, no flair, she sulks, she's boring and she's painfully dull. All I see her do is shop and sulk and okay so that's not all she does - but if it's not all she does, why don't we see her doing anything else?! Why can't we see her cycling or swimming or writing an article or painting a picture or something productive. I've nothing against the idle rich, I was a member for a while, but even then I actually did things. Kate doesn't seem to do anything. She doesn't have to do charity work but give us an interest.

Camilla may not have been seen working but we knew about her. We knew she was a hard worker for causes she'd taken upon herself. We knew that she went to country fetes and we knew that she cooked and we knew that she generally lived. If Kate wants be unemployed, fine but she should be doing something to make her a little more interesting.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

well maybe....but id rather like to see them get married sooner rather later They just seem so right for each I Dont want em to miss the chance.

Tags
career, kate middleton, prince william