The Hypothetical Question of Prince William Living with his Girlfriend

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

igilmo

Commoner
City
Alicante
Country
Spain
It's been recently announced in the media in Spain that Wills has the permission of both the Queen and Prince Charles to live with his girlfriend, whom he met at University in Scotland. it's said they are going to share an apartment in Clarence House, where Prince Charles is currently living and where the Queen Mother used to live.
The most extreme branches of the Anglican Church do not agree with this decision. I think that Prince Charles is a man of his time and he is doing what any man at his age would, once he's found the person he loves. He wants to know if he can live with and share his life and responsibilities with the woman he loves. Nevertheless, some people think this is not appropriate since he is known to be the King of England some time in the future, and though he should give a good example of behaviour.
What do you think about this? Do you think this will threaten the foundations of the English Royal Family? Do you think that his behaviour is appropriate?
I expect your answers

How tremendously awkward- asking your 80 year old grandmother for permission to live with your girlfriend.

If Wills has the permission of The Queen and The Prince of Wales, who am I to argue. Besides, we're forgetting one very important issue here - it's William's life not ours. Why should we dictate to him... he doesn't dictate to us.

I disagree. The future King who lives with his girlfriend in his father's house? I hope the story is untrue. They would be a very bad example.

It is common sense that he will talk about this with her 80 y/o grandmother (who by the way is the queen of England) and father, specially after all the responsabilities he has and the consequences that his decission will have.

I personally think it is not a good idea that they move to live together without getting married.

:p i disagree, i think you must see if you can live together under the same roof. Then you can see if you can live with the habbits and dislike things your partner does. I live 7 1/2 years together with my boyfriend and i asked the grandparents of my boyfriend what they thought of that . The gave us oure blessing ( they have a granddaughter who first lived together with her boyfriend before the got married.)
My parents could not forbid me to live together with him because in the past they did the same thing under the roof of my grandparents.

I respect the people who do not live together because they are religious.:D :D

It was nice of him to ask permission to his grandmother and his father. It would have been a surprise if the Queen had refused because his uncle Edward apparently lived with Sophie before their wedding and his cousins Peter and Zara lived with their loved ones. Wills had also shown application in his studies, is respectful of his future role and his girlfriend is a nice well-mannered girl. It might have been another story if she was like Harry's girl Chelsy.

dutch royal said:
:p i disagree, i think you must see if you can live together under the same roof. Then you can see if you can live with the habbits and dislike things your partner does. I live 7 1/2 years together with my boyfriend and i asked the grandparents of my boyfriend what they thought of that . The gave us oure blessing ( they have a granddaughter who first lived together with her boyfriend before the got married.)
My parents could not forbid me to live together with him because in the past they did the same thing under the roof of my grandparents.

I respect the people who do not live together because they are religious.:D :D

I don't like that umarried couple live together, but I'm not religious at all.

Is this Spanish media source a reliable one? You hear the most amazing things about the British royal family from the media in Europe sometimes.

ElisaR said:
I disagree. The future King who lives with his girlfriend in his father's house? I hope the story is untrue. They would be a very bad example.

You mean as opposed to a divorced/widowed father who lives with his girlfriend in the same house as his teenaged sons? :)

My husband and I lived together for 3 1/2 years before we got married. I thought that it was good to get to know him before, so that I would know what to expect. It's not a great idea for some people, but some it is. Each couple needs to make the decision for themselves. Good luck to William & Kate whether they live together or not.

I don't agree with it and I hope it is not true. unfortunately, thanks to the great example dad and wife have set, these are the kinds of things that will be allowed in the RF. I hope it is not true. Why would the Queen allow it? Yes Kate is a wonderful girl, but we need (and do) to see that she can live on her own not be immeditaly under the auspices of Clarence House andthe BRF. Personally, I think living together b/f marriage takes out the excitement of seeing how life is after marriage. But I hope this is not true. They need to take the relationship a bit slower if William still wants to wait to get married until 28-30

Ariel said:
It is common sense that he will talk about this with her 80 y/o grandmother (who by the way is the queen of England) and father, specially after all the responsabilities he has and the consequences that his decission will have.

I read somewhere William and Kate had planned to get a their own house or flat together in London. Apparently, Prince Charles offered them an apartment in Clarence House instead (obviously with the approval of the Queen). Clarence House is a crown property, so the Queen's permission is required, especially since they are not married.

It's not that surprising, after all, they were living together with another couple in Scotland during their time at St. Andrews. Whether this will someday translate into a marriage is another matter altogether. She is not an appropriate bride for a future king, but I guess times have changed.

Call me all fasion an old but the future king of England can't be following the steps of his father Im mean the wrong ones I don't think it's right I hope they are wrong

If they're still unsure about marriage, it's another reason why they shouldn't live together. Charles has obviously given his permission because he used to live with his mistress. The Queen, I think she gave up taking decisions about her family years ago: now if they make an error it's only their fault and not hers. I think she is simply tired by them all and I imagine her saying: "Do what you want but leave me alone!"

Elspeth said:
Is this Spanish media source a reliable one? You hear the most amazing things about the British royal family from the media in Europe sometimes.

I was just about to say this, especially since I haven't heard much about it from other sources.

She is not an appropriate bride for a future king,

In what sense? I mean, William's father married someone who was considered to be an eminently appropriate bride at the time, and look where that ended up.

branchg said:
It's not that surprising, after all, they were living together with another couple in Scotland during their time at St. Andrews. Whether this will someday translate into a marriage is another matter altogether. She is not an appropriate bride for a future king, but I guess times have changed.

I kinda agree, branchg.

What if the relationship doesn't turn out? Will Kate write a tell-all book about her relationship with Wills? Or even worse, if something unsavoury about her character comes out, it will be harder for him to break it off if he's lived with her. I really hoped that the BRF wouldn't have a situation similar to Haakon and Mette-Marit.

Yeha it is just way to early for this. Sure Sophie and Edward live nextdoor/together for five years, but William is an heir to the throne, so this is a really big gamble. If this is all true, I hope he marries her soon.

I listened to the piece of news in a programme on the Spanish Television. It's not me saying something, it's based on what was said in this programme,which, by the way, is of great interest among spanish viewers. The mentioned programme gave the same explanation quoted above by branchg... so I guess, it's not only me having heard about this info in Spain but it's been mentioned somewhere apart from Spain.

branchg said:
I read somewhere William and Kate had planned to get a their own house or flat together in London. Apparently, Prince Charles offered them an apartment in Clarence House instead (obviously with the approval of the Queen). Clarence House is a crown property, so the Queen's permission is required, especially since they are not married.

I find there are several different opinions on the topic and I'm happily surprised that this topic is of interest among people.
I have one question for those who disagree with their living together: Why is it not appropriate? Why isn't she the appropriate bride for Wills? According to you, which should be the ideal bride for Wills?

I mean no offence by my questions, it's just a matter of trying to understand the different points of view. If I offend somebody, please I ask for their forgiveness.

As I said in my previous respond, I have nothing against for unmarried couple to live together. I do it myself, but when we talk about the future king, he hast to be more careful of what he does. I agree then, when you live with your bf/gf you can decide whatever you want them or not, but on another side when the guys have too easy excess to their love, unfortunately they forget to ask their love to marry them….it always happened. Why they should ask of someone to marry them, when they got such on ease access to everything. Some times, I wished I didn’t live with my boyfriend

Hey you coudl always give him an ultimatum. Personally I think living together b/f marriage poisons your mind, body, and soul. Just like segolen says, one of em is getting a free ride and marriage may not seem in the future. Why not just get married. Court each other b/f marriage. Communicate about everything b/f marriage. (and if the other person does not want to talk you may want to take a break from that relationship for a while, if not forever.) Then if all turns out well, get married and live together. Also it might help to get counselling from a clergy member or maybe to talk to successful married couples.

In nowadays (most) people don't marry virgins anymore. People don't care about it, they say if they live together before marriage they will understand more eachother, they will find out if they really like eachother, etc... but the fact is that Divorces are growing so fast (even in people who lived together for years before marriage).

I agree with Reina. I think that living together without marriage, for a future King, is too much.

I'm not british but just for curiosity I would like to know who's gonna pay the food and other bills of his girlfriend? She pays? William pays? Charles pays?... or will be the British people? She's not his fiancee, she's just (and at this moment) a simple girlfriend.

They have together under the same roof for 3 years, so I don't think it should make a whole lot of differance. Yes, there were 2 others living there, but where there is a will there is way. I would chose to not live with my boyfriend, but then I'm not them.

i already knew! because William still with Kate since college years and both lived house till end of college years because both been roommate and more trust as companion but im trust Prince Charles!

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom