The Hypothetical Question of Prince William Living with his Girlfriend

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think money has anything to do with it. William needs to stop getting sympathy from everyone. He needs to stop mopping around and stand strong. Not just because he is to be king, but also because he needs to become a strong person. Every time Will or Harry does something wrong or out of the norm, everyone mentions how they lost their mother. With the entire world watching their parents marriage fall apart and the traggic death of their mother, I understand that it would be more difficult to get over, but if everyone continues to feel sorry for him because of it. How is that going to help Will or Harry become emotional and secure individuals.

Money doesn't really help with the emotional turmoil of a parent's nasty divorce and having it splashed on the international tabloids. Here, although Charles was at fault for the affair, I believe Diana was at fault for the public and humiliating nature of their marriage breakdown. Andrew Morton's book, the Panorama interview, etc. ensured that her private battles were going to rage on the front page of every publication and cause great shame and humiliation for her sons. I'm usually very sympathetic to a woman whose husband has cheated on her but when children are involved, a husband's infidelity is no excuse for the pain that going public like that undoubtedly caused them.

Having said that, I think William needs to get over it and take up some more responsibility. The other member was right, others have gone through this and have survived. For one thing, he shouldn't have the ability to drop royal protocol just because he wants to. Sometimes its good but not as a standard practice. He was born to a unique role and he won't find guidance on being royal among his fellow students in St. Andrews.

I still stand by my previous posts concerning William. I think I will be proven right in time. William will make a good King when the time comes. Not every heir to the throne is perfect, and William has had plenty of examples about the unperfect as well as the perfect. He will be fine.

I agree William has had a difficult childhood but he's not a child anymore. Many people rise above their traumatic childhoods all the time and they don't do that by having people pity them. He needs to grow up and stop being allowed to do what he pleases because his parents are divorced and his mother died. And yeah the media coverage probably made it worst but the rest of his life will be under the scrutiny of the media too so he needs to get used to it.

I think if he wants Kate to live with him then he should get engaged. Otherwise she should get her own places and while they may pratically live together going back and forth between each other's homes but officially they won't be living together.

Does anyone know for sure if Kate has in fact moved into CH or is that still speculation?

Incas said:
Does anyone know for sure if Kate has in fact moved into CH or is that still speculation?

It's all speculation, some tabloids are hedging their bets and are saying that William will help Kate buy her own apartment but still live with him (!!)

William doesn't actually live at Clarence House, he and Harry use St James' Palace as their London home. They have their own apartments there.

William isn't likely to be spending much time in London according to the plans he has that were released by Clarence House. He's going to do work experience for a financial institution then work for a mountain rescue squad and presumably live nearby and also live and work on a farm.

After that speculation is that he'll go to Sandhurst and join the army. Not an awful lot of time to be cohabitating with anyone!

Last edited:
I´m happy for them. I think William deserve to do what he thinks is better for him.

With regards to Young William" One believes that The lad should be alloud to follow his heart. If he wants to live tally with this lovely young lady and if that is her wish , let them get on with it. It is our Royal family who we are very proud of They do a dam good job in very difficuly circumstances. If we could go back to the court of that legendery court of King Arthur " Was it not possible for the King " to decide on what went on in his house" So If Her Majesty has no objections " why should a load of stuff shirts in the Hierarchy of the church of England have any say in the matter. If One is really British regardless of religion colour or creed We British will allways be that Loyal to The Crown " for that is what we are our loyalties are to Queen and Country NOT one might say to a load of jumped up Politico's So let the lad get on with his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
ysbel said:
This is the first that I have heard that Diana wasn't a virgin when she married. Didn't she have to take a virginity test?

Really? Such a test exists does it? Amazing our medical technology these days to be able to test a woman's virginity.

What century are we living in these days anyways? :mad:

Perhaps you are mistaken and they tested to see if Diana was fertile. As much as they may say that they tested to see if she was a virgin, I don't think they actually did. If they did, I'ld like to know what the test is called exactly and how one goes about getting such a test.

Genevieve said:
Really? Such a test exists does it? Amazing our medical technology these days to be able to test a woman's virginity.

What century are we living in these days anyways? :mad:
It is possible for a gynaecologist (I am one) to establish (in most cases) whether the hymen is present and whether it is intact. This is a commonly used indicator of virginity, although it obviously does not exclude the possibility of prior sexual relations.

Genevieve said:
Perhaps you are mistaken and they tested to see if Diana was fertile. As much as they may say that they tested to see if she was a virgin, I don't think they actually did. If they did, I'ld like to know what the test is called exactly and how one goes about getting such a test.
How do you test a woman for fertility, especially if the hymen is present? There is no definitive 'fertility test', too.

Anyone have any recent photos of William and Kate?

tiaraprin said:
I still stand by my previous posts concerning William. I think I will be proven right in time. William will make a good King when the time comes. Not every heir to the throne is perfect, and William has had plenty of examples about the unperfect as well as the perfect. He will be fine.

YES YES YES!!!!

Let's think about this for a minute.... how many other men in their early 20s are held to the same moral/social standard and expectation of maturity that William is? How many have photographers following their every step? He is bound to make mistakes as he becomes his own man... that's part of figuring out who he is. Most of us did that and survived quite well- we might have even learned a few good lessons along the way. Let's let him plot his own path at his pace- not ours.

Eliza

how many other men in their early 20s are held to the same moral/social standard and expectation of maturity that William is?
How many men in their early twenties have the immense privilege and social connections that Prince William has?

Having privilege and social connections have nothing to do with a person's maturity. It just means he leads a priviledged life.

Tzu An said:
How many men in their early twenties have the immense privilege and social connections that Prince William has?

Well said. William was born to his post-if he or say Charles feel they are not up to it and the standards many of their subjects seem to call for (and I don't just mean Christian standards) then they can always renounce the succession.

But perish the thought. ;)

Idriel said:
The problem IMO is that (if that rumor is true, which is still to be proved) she would live in a Royal property. You suggest she would pay a rent, but I don't think so. The Kents pay £64 a week for their apartments in K Palace and are beeing bashed by the press as parasites. If it is expected from her to pay market price, it will be out of price. A mere 2 bedroom flat in this area of London cost several hundred pounds a week, upmarket flats go for several thousand bucks a week, so an apartment in a Royal Palace would go for a of a 5 digits bill a week. Her parents may be OK financially but they are not billionaires, have other kids and I don't think they will pay for her rent. So basically, if she moves in, ether she won't pay anything, or she will pay a bargain price.
Another point is CH is not paid by Charles' income from the Duchy of Cornwall nor by William's inheritance. It's payed by taxpayers. Charles was criticised when Camz moved in because she was not an official member of the family but still enjoyed the Palace and all its staff paid the tax payers.
It would be silly for Kate to expose herself to such criticism. The popular press is nearly lobbying for William to marry her and she is sold as Saint Kate. It would be cleverer for her to have her own apartment and accomplish something in her life by her own, rather then depending on Will at such an early stage of their relationship.

There is a part of me that doesn't understand why any member of the Royal family should have to pay rent for homes that were bought, or built, and paid for by their ancestors centuries before. As long as the taxes are paid I don't have a problem with it.

It is strange to think that I could buy a home (even if it is a castle or mansion), pay it off and then my descendants are expected to pay rent for it. How did the Royals lose the rights to call their own ancestral homes their property? Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Incas said:

It is mere speculation and I don't believe it for a moment. For one thing, there is no way the Queen or Prince Charles are going to stick their head on the parapet over the controversy of allowing a future Prince of Wales to live with his girlfriend in a royal palace funded by the Crown Trust.

For another, William hardly will have time to "play house" given his current plans, which include a lengthy period of army training at Sandhurst and taking on more public duties.

It's still a relationship, which William should be allowed to have like any young man, but that doesn't mean they're getting ready for marriage.

I think it would be better if they were engaged first.
But who am I to say??? :p

Warren said:
At the moment William is supported by his father who receives his income via profits from the Duchy of Cornwall.

When William gains access to his various trust funds he will be a self-funded multi-millionaire in fact and not just on paper.

I don't understand why this isn't common knowledge it seems. Even in US papers they write things like 'Royalty On Welfare'. :rolleyes: And these are reporters who obviously have not done their research. I have read about the POW's income from the Duchy Of Cornwall since I was a kid. And I hope they remove the sexist law that only allows it to go to the eldest son of the Monarch. In future I hope their is an older daughter who is Princess Of Wales Duchess Of Cornwall in her own right.

Last edited:
There have been recent articles that claim that Kate's family is infuriated by reports that she moved in with William and that she has not and has her own flat in London. I believe I read this in the Daily Mail.

Queen Mary I said:
I don't understand why this isn't common knowledge it seems. Even in US papers they write things like 'Royalty On Welfare'. :rolleyes: And these are reporters who obviously have not done their research. I have read about the POW's income from the Duchy Of Cornwall since I was a kid. And I hope they remove the sexist law that only allows it to go to the eldest son of the Monarch. In future I hope their is an older daughter who is Princess Of Wales Duchess Of Cornwall in her own right.

I wonder if the estimates of William's inheritance from Diana are accurate. I think he won't have that money until he is 25, right? at his 25th birthday, the trust fund from Diana for ???$25 million???? will be released to him? This is a lot of money to most people in the world, a tremendous amount from the perspective of the average person, but compared to other royals and heirs, this is very small. And living off of Charles' Duchy of Cornwall monies for the moment is also very modest compared to his royal and aristocratic contemporaries. I've read over and over than a typical year for Charles from the Duchy grosses a mere $1 million! I know that's a lot to most of us, but to royalty, that's pocket change, right?!

CasiraghiTrio said:
Living off of Charles' Duchy of Cornwall monies for the moment is also very modest compared to his royal and aristocratic contemporaries. I've read over and over than a typical year for Charles from the Duchy grosses a mere $1 million! I know that's a lot to most of us, but to royalty, that's pocket change, right?!
$1m??? Last year the Duchy's income was twelve million pounds. From that, the Prince of Wales will spend whatever he needs. Big bikkies in anyone's scheme of things!

William and Harry have their own money, via trusts from the Queen Mother and Diana, and don't need the Duchy's income to support themselves. They are receiving an income from their mother's trust and stand to inherit millions in the next five to ten years.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I wonder if the estimates of William's inheritance from Diana are accurate. I think he won't have that money until he is 25, right? at his 25th birthday, the trust fund from Diana for ???$25 million???? will be released to him? This is a lot of money to most people in the world, a tremendous amount from the perspective of the average person, but compared to other royals and heirs, this is very small. And living off of Charles' Duchy of Cornwall monies for the moment is also very modest compared to his royal and aristocratic contemporaries. I've read over and over than a typical year for Charles from the Duchy grosses a mere $1 million! I know that's a lot to most of us, but to royalty, that's pocket change, right?!

Diana's estate was worth a lot more than $25 million. When she died, her investments were worth closer to $40 million. Even before her divorce settlement, the Princess had her own fortune worth about $10 million from her father and the Fermoys.

branchg said:
Diana's estate was worth a lot more than $25 million. When she died, her investments were worth closer to $40 million. Even before her divorce settlement, the Princess had her own fortune worth about $10 million from her father and the Fermoys.

Diana's estate was only £21.7 million when she died. Her will was on the net and Peter Tatchell also stated that sum in an article. It was all left to her sons.:)

branchg said:

$40 million, as in dollars or pounds? Because there is quite a difference there. It gets confusing because the British papers cite one amount and the US papers convert it over, but I don't think their conversions are always exact.

As for Warren's estimate of $12million/annum for the Duchy, I have the same question. Are the conversions right?

CasiraghiTrio said:
As for Warren's estimate of $12million/annum for the Duchy, I have the same question. Are the conversions right?
Warren's estimate was in pounds, which means that there are no conversions of currency in the mix, that are right or wrong.

Skydragon said:
Diana's estate was only £21.7 million when she died. Her will was on the net and Peter Tatchell also stated that sum in an article. It was all left to her sons.:)

I could live very comfortably off 21.7 m - hell, I could comfortably live off 10 m. I don't care whether its dollars or pounds, its still a lot of money.

norwegianne said:
Warren's estimate was in pounds, which means that there are no conversions of currency in the mix, that are right or wrong.

Then, when he said the duchy grosses annually 12mil, he was speaking in terms of pounds. I know that the pound is worth significantly less than the dollar, so this "12" becomes much lower when converted to dollars. When I said the Duchy income was 1mil typically, I was citing it in terms of dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom