The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
as the future head of the church, i think he's setting a terrible example. if he were the future head of the church then i wouldn't disagree with it.
I'm sure many people would agree with you, but the fact is, they were already living together in Scotland, albeit with another couple. Prince William remains extremely popular with the public, so it's likely that he will get away with continuing the arrangement.

Who knows if the Sovereign will remain Head of the Church of England after the death of the Queen? There have been reports that Charles feels very strongly the Church should be deinstitutionalized from the Crown so as to more accurately represent a diverse society of many religions. There have been suggestions he would like to be crowned as "Defender of All Faiths" to represent all of the British people. This would be very controversial though.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

I remember reading an article regarding cohabitation. It basically said that most cohabitating couples split after marrying because of the fact that the significant other might live being perfect to snag the person they want to marry. Then the other person is disillusioned because they originally thought that the other person was perfect for them.

For example, Person#1 might be living with Person #2. Person #2 is a complete slob but pretends to be a neatfreak so that way they can get Person#1 to marry them. Person#1 thinks that they know Person#2 so he/she marries Person#2. Then Person#2 drops the facade. So Person#1 finds herself/himself stuck in a marriage with someone who they would never have married originally, or would have tried to work things out before the wedding or even contemplating marriage.

Quote:
I looks to me like Kate's just trying to play her cards right. If she's patient enough and doesn't slip up there's a possibility that she may become Williams wife.
Exactly. She's playing her cards and maintaining a perfect facade. Now I know snagging a guy, especially a Prince, takes some skill. But what happens after marriage and a few things in her personality come out that William never saw and finds undesirable. She seems intent on nailing him down and knitting him to her as closely as possible. Like living together, what is so wrong with maintaining separate residences? She doesn't seem very secure, somewhat understandable. Security is another issue. If taxpayers pay for security then they are paying for someone who is not (possibly) going to be their future queen.

The royals are sometimes accused of abusing taxpayer money and being freeloaders even though they perform a plethora of royal duties, what does this make Kate, who doesn't perform any royal duties but recieves an apartment at a royal residence? Isn't this an abuse of taxpayer money? She might also use her connections to get a job that could go to someone with a little more experience and skill, Kate herself just got her degree from university and from what I can tell has no major job related experience.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

You know, it doesn't really matter what we think, what our rationale is, how logical our arguments are... case in point - William and Kate will be living together and there's not a blasted thing we can ever do about it. So sit back, relax and enjoy the show :)
Old 08-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
That money is being spent anyway. No additional mone would be spent with Kate there. Also Camilla lived with Charles before they married.
I don't think so, sorry. I believe additional money will be spent with Kate with her security and with many other things. She's not a royal-to-be. I disagree of his decision to live with her in Clarence House.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
I'm sure many people would agree with you, but the fact is, they were already living together in Scotland, albeit with another couple. Prince William remains extremely popular with the public, so it's likely that he will get away with continuing the arrangement.

When they were in Scotland, Kate and Wills were not living “ together” They used to share a 4 bedroom house with other students. Everyone had their separate room ( officially LOL). I don’t see anything intimate in this. But living together in the Clarence House is another story.
I used to share a house with 4 guys when at school. this didn't mean
I was sleeping with them
Old 08-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
I don't think so, sorry. I believe additional money will be spent with Kate with her security and with many other things. She's not a royal-to-be. I disagree of his decision to live with her in Clarence House.
i agree completely. Why people should pay for someone, who is not a royal, and may be would never be a part of the royal family.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Is she officially moving into Clarence House? I was under the understanding that the two were getting a flat in London. And if that's the case, how do we know she's not paying a portion of the rent?

The way I understood things is that they are getting a flat in London but that she has, in the past, been invited and stayed at Clarence House with William and that she would be allowed to stay in the future.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
i agree completely. Why people should pay for someone, who is not a royal, and may be would never be a part of the royal family.
Of course. Are these kind of things what make people think what's the use of a Monarchy. But what could we expect when his father is Prince Charles?...
Princes are not commoners, and they tend to forget that. They have to be a model for society and not the contrary.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

It's those pundits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Is she officially moving into Clarence House? I was under the understanding that the two were getting a flat in London. And if that's the case, how do we know she's not paying a portion of the rent?
The way I understood things is that they are getting a flat in London.
Keeping in mind that this is all speculative and unconfirmed, one of the Sydney papers stated that Charles would not agree to the London flat proposal because it would be "a security nightmare", so Clarence House will become their residence. It was claimed that the arrangement had "the blessing of The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh...both are said to adore her for her soothing effect on William."

The source of the entire full page article, including the nightmare, the blessing and the adoration, was given as "pundits are predicting...", plus quotes from The Spectator story.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
... the nightmare, the blessing and the adoration ...
VERY good, Warren!! I couldn't help grinning.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Keeping in mind that this is all speculative and unconfirmed, one of the Sydney papers stated that Charles would not agree to the London flat proposal because it would be "a security nightmare", so Clarence House will become their residence. It was claimed that the arrangement had "the blessing of The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh...both are said to adore her for her soothing effect on William."
Again we simply don't know yet if this is the case. I would imagine the Queen would have to consult with the Prime Minister to ensure there won't be a problem with Parliament if a non-royal is living in a royal palace rent-free and benefitting from security arrangements in place for Prince William.

Given recent inquiries and demands from MP's to question the Prince of Wales' finances in the Duchy of Cornwall, it may turn out to be a controversial matter if true.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Again we simply don't know yet if this is the case. I would imagine the Queen would have to consult with the Prime Minister to ensure there won't be a problem with Parliament if a non-royal is living in a royal palace rent-free and benefitting from security arrangements in place for Prince William.

Given recent inquiries and demands from MP's to question the Prince of Wales' finances in the Duchy of Cornwall, it may turn out to be a controversial matter if true.
I say let Wills rent his own apartment with his pin money from Daddy (oops, forgot that that's a source of controversy too!) and have no security guards if it's a problem.

See how long it will take Al-Queda to find him.

(Yes, I'm being facetious. When Diana dismissed her security guards, I was amazed at how long it took before something happened to her.)
Old 08-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Facetious maybe, but your post is a bit tasteless in my opinion iowabelle.
W
Old 08-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
When they were in Scotland, Kate and Wills were not living “ together” They used to share a 4 bedroom house with other students. Everyone had their separate room ( officially LOL). I don’t see anything intimate in this. But living together in the Clarence House is another story.
I used to share a house with 4 guys when at school. this didn't mean
I was sleeping with them
There were 4 bedrooms but were all 4 being used for sleeping by one individual?? That is the question. Perhaps only 3 or maybe 2 of the bedrooms were being used. The remaining 2 bedrooms could have been storage space or turned into a study or the like!!
Old 08-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Sorry, Warren, I don't mean to offend. I meant to carry the argument to the extreme.

But... William is a target from adoring fans, paparazzi, and anybody else. So he must be protected. And anybody that William cares about, or is even in the vicinity of, is a potential target.

Remember the "carefree days" of the 1970s, when Princess Anne was almost kidnapped and a couple of her security personnel badly injured? Mountbatten's assassination? Just to name 2 incidents.

We live in even more dangerous times, and William must be protected. And unless he is willing to live in a box in a vault in Windsor Castle, he's going to need adequate protection while being allowed to live some sort of a life and the opportunity to find a girl willing to share it with him.

And somebody's going to have to cough up the cash to pay for it.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Sorry, Warren, I don't mean to offend. I meant to carry the argument to the extreme.

But... William is a target from adoring fans, paparazzi, and anybody else. So he must be protected. And anybody that William cares about, or is even in the vicinity of, is a potential target.

Remember the "carefree days" of the 1970s, when Princess Anne was almost kidnapped and a couple of her security personnel badly injured? Mountbatten's assassination? Just to name 2 incidents.

We live in even more dangerous times, and William must be protected. And unless he is willing to live in a box in a vault in Windsor Castle, he's going to need adequate protection while being allowed to live some sort of a life and the opportunity to find a girl willing to share it with him.

And somebody's going to have to cough up the cash to pay for it.
i would have agree with iowabelle because Prince Charles's uncle more means and he would let Prince Charles getting married in 1970's not Princess Diana because she really young girls and Prince Charles been dating Princess Diana's 2 older sister before Diana become Princess of Wales and HM Queen and Prince Philip told him about that and i cant remind that!

and Princess Anne got kidnapped and her bodyguard or personal security going get her to be safety! her bodyguard told television about that! but i would agree about that but i think Prince William need to protection he had 2 police to watch him all the times because William going become King of England but his girlfriend Kate Middleton of 2 years going lives with him at Clarence House till married

Sara Boyce
Old 08-14-2005, 02:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
There were 4 bedrooms but were all 4 being used for sleeping by one individual?? That is the question. Perhaps only 3 or maybe 2 of the bedrooms were being used. The remaining 2 bedrooms could have been storage space or turned into a study or the like!!
It doesn’t matter what they were used for. May be they all slept in one room. LOL

What I was saying was that Kate and Wills “officially” had separate rooms and they were flat shearing or house shearing. It makes the difference

Old 08-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Courtier

http://hellomagazine.com/royalty has got a new poll
Should Wills and Kate move in together? Yes or No
Old 08-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
http://hellomagazine.com/royalty has got a new poll
Should Wills and Kate move in together? Yes or No
Right now, the NO is leading the poll. Who are those No voters? schoolgirls envious of Kate?

Whoever Wills dates there will always be people to criticize.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Right now, the NO is leading the poll. Who are those No voters? schoolgirls envious of Kate?

Whoever Wills dates there will always be people to criticize.
I voted Yes. There are 149 for Yes and 178 for No at this moment.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william, relationships