The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
They have been taking the relationship on a reasonable speed! Goodness, they lived together for what, 3-4 years while they got their degrees. Their relationship is something like 2 years old. I don't call that "rushing things" exactly. If they lived together before, what's the difference now?
Quite personally,I think the difference now is that,before people could handle them living together since they were sharing the apartment with another couple,but now,it's just them too,going out of there ways to live together.Again,this is how I view the situation,so I could be wrong.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Gentry

I'm surprised they're telling everyone that they are living together. I don't see anything wrong with it but I would think the Royal Family would want this to be hush hush to prevent upsetting any church officials.

Old 08-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feberin
I'm surprised they're telling everyone that they are living together. I don't see anything wrong with it but I would think the Royal Family would want this to be hush hush to prevent upsetting any church officials.
Compared to his father and numerous ancestors, what William is doing is a drop in the bucket compared to them!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 02:14 AM
Nobility

True. But we really don’t need to compare them both
Old 08-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Compared to his father and numerous ancestors, what William is doing is a drop in the bucket compared to them!!!
Agreed and I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. But sadly I bet there are people who do.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Nobility

...and " sadly" we have some people who belive we should.

So…according to you Wills can mess up in the future, but as long the mess is not as big as his father's was it is acceptable….hmmm ….
i 'm trying to see your logic in here.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
...and " sadly" we have some people who belive we should.

So…according to you Wills can mess up in the future, but as long the mess is not as big as his father's was it is acceptable….hmmm ….
i 'm trying to see your logic in here.

What William is doing is considered by many to be a normal thing these days. This is not the 1950's. He and Kate are no longer protected by being at St. Andrew's, far away from the paparrazzi. They will have a chance of privacy and continuing to get to know each other better if they have a place that they cannot be disturbed in. If she had a place somewhere in London, the paparrazzi would be sitting on her doorstep in time shifts!!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Nobility

Fine.
All of us said our opinion and we agreed to disagree about this issue. I just found it very funny that someone compared Wills with Charles on this matter. It is nothing to compare.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Quote:
They will have a chance of privacy and continuing to get to know each other better if they have a place that they cannot be disturbed in. If she had a place somewhere in London, the paparrazzi would be sitting on her doorstep in time shifts!!
Does it mean , that every girl Wills date in the future will move to the Clarence house( or the Palace, or whatever) just because for the seek of privacy. It is a very good deal then. I believe , that every girl committed to date William should know that the paparazzi would be part of her life. If she wants a normal life she should not date the heir of the throne then.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
Does it mean , that every girl Wills date in the future will move to the Clarence house( or the Palace, or whatever) just because for the seek of privacy. It is a very good deal then. I believe , that every girl committed to date William should know that the paparazzi would be part of her life. If she wants a normal life she should not date the heir of the throne then.
Segolen, I think it just better to agree to disagree. You aren't going to change your opinion, and I am not going to change mine. I am not in a mood for a war of words.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:55 AM
Nobility

What I meant was, no one seemd to care about Charles and Camilla living together, so I don't see why they have a problem with William living with Kate:)
Old 08-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
What I meant was, no one seemd to care about Charles and Camilla living together, so I don't see why they have a problem with William living with Kate:)
It was criticised in the UK (Camilla moving in).
Old 08-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Segolen, I think it just better to agree to disagree. You aren't going to change your opinion, and I am not going to change mine. I am not in a mood for a war of words.
It is not a war of words, it is only a discussion. If you are not in a mood of talking, simply do not replay. I can not go inside your head to check our if you or on a talking mood or not, so I can post my replay
Old 08-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think we've established that Segolen and Tiaraprin have a difference of opinion here, so can we please move on.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 08-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Commoner

First off I am a Christian and I love royalty...Prince William is very cute!! But I disagree with his "living together" with Kate..I think it is a Sin in the Eyes of God and William is going to be the Head of the Church of England!!! This is NOT a good way to start a relationship...I think Wills should just stick to dating and not living with a girl...a nice Christian Girl would do.I just hope william realizes what he is doing is wrong thats all.

Let God Choose the mate for you William....
Old 08-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Astrid
First off I am a Christian and I love royalty...Prince William is very cute!! But I disagree with his "living together" with Kate..I think it is a Sin in the Eyes of God and William is going to be the Head of the Church of England!!! This is NOT a good way to start a relationship...I think Wills should just stick to dating and not living with a girl...a nice Christian Girl would do.I just hope william realizes what he is doing is wrong thats all.
Let God Choose the mate for you William....
I agree with you on the religious points. It is a sign of lacking restraint, not to mention as I have written before, bilking the taxpayers to pay for someone who isn't even his fiancee. Kate should be more self sufficient.
Quote:
What if the relationship doesn't turn out? Will Kate write a tell-all book about her relationship with Wills? Or even worse, if something unsavoury about her character comes out, it will be harder for him to break it off if he's lived with her.
Exactly. It puts Kate inadvertantly in a position to do harm to William. If she writes a tell-all book she could reveal very salacious details (true or untrue the public will read and believe much of it) about their love life if she wanted. Or details about his daily routine and intimate interests. There is always a market for this, furthermore if William dumps her she will have no reason to be discreet anymore. Not to mention the general hurt of losing someone coupled with the loss of potentially becoming Princess of Wales.
Quote:
Kate is not going to be expected to contribute to the household expenses of a multimillionaire grandson of the Sovereign.
Thus the taxpayers will. William gets the bulk of his money from taxpayers, if not all of it.
Quote:
Living with Kate would not be any different than what Johnny Smith down the street is doing.
Johnny Smith doesn't have taxpayers paying for his residence and security. Not to mention Johnny Smith isn't in line for the throne.
Quote:
I also think this is good for Kate if she does marry William. It could be an "apprenticeship" like Sophie had.
Sophie was already officially engaged. Not to mention William wants to wait to be married, it was mentioned by a poster who stated he wanted to wait until late twenties, early thirties until he ties the knot. So Kate lives in the lap of luxury until William breaks up with her, or for ten years or so until they have an official engagement.

Furthermore I mentioned that It puts Kate in William's power. If they have an argument, Kate will have to give in so that way William does not throw her out of the luxurious lifestyle she's accustomed to. If Kate has her own place then she can fight, argue, then retreat to her own place knowing no one can take it away. If she has to live in a less prestigious area then so be it.
Quote:
Will all of William's girlfriends be living in Clarence house after they have been dating for a while?
Oh, the taxpayers will love that. The Republicans would/will have a field day with that scenario.
Quote:
Had William been in his 30s and planning to head down the aisle soon living together for a few months prior to the wedding would've been fine.
Precisely, due to the fact that he would be officially engaged. Furthermore Diana was moved into Clarence House for her safety right before the engagement was announced publicly.
Quote:
We're way past the days when there could be gentlemen's agreements between the powers that be at the Palace and the editors of the majr newpapers to suppress or manipulate news. These days the editors seem to take great joy in embarrassing the royal family whenever possible,
It's this very media Kate could use to cause trouble for William if he dumps her. PLus with her "Saint Kate" image the press would go to town on William publicity wise. The English love the underdog and William is seen as the top dog, along with the monarchy in general. The media would have tons of pictures of Kate moving her stuff out of Clarence House with a miserable look on her face, with headlines such has "KATE KICKED OUT!!" and such exaggerated headlines detailing the cruelty of William to their sainted "English Rose".
Old 08-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
I agree with you on the religious points. It is a sign of lacking restraint, not to mention as I have written before, bilking the taxpayers to pay for someone who isn't even his fiancee. Kate should be more self sufficient.

Exactly. It puts Kate inadvertantly in a position to do harm to William. If she writes a tell-all book she could reveal very salacious details (true or untrue the public will read and believe much of it) about their love life if she wanted. Or details about his daily routine and intimate interests. There is always a market for this, furthermore if William dumps her she will have no reason to be discreet anymore. Not to mention the general hurt of losing someone coupled with the loss of potentially becoming Princess of Wales.

Thus the taxpayers will. William gets the bulk of his money from taxpayers, if not all of it.

Johnny Smith doesn't have taxpayers paying for his residence and security. Not to mention Johnny Smith isn't in line for the throne.

Sophie was already officially engaged. Not to mention William wants to wait to be married, it was mentioned by a poster who stated he wanted to wait until late twenties, early thirties until he ties the knot. So Kate lives in the lap of luxury until William breaks up with her, or for ten years or so until they have an official engagement.

Furthermore I mentioned that It puts Kate in William's power. If they have an argument, Kate will have to give in so that way William does not throw her out of the luxurious lifestyle she's accustomed to. If Kate has her own place then she can fight, argue, then retreat to her own place knowing no one can take it away. If she has to live in a less prestigious area then so be it.

Oh, the taxpayers will love that. The Republicans would/will have a field day with that scenario.

Precisely, due to the fact that he would be officially engaged. Furthermore Diana was moved into Clarence House for her safety right before the engagement was announced publicly.

It's this very media Kate could use to cause trouble for William if he dumps her. PLus with her "Saint Kate" image the press would go to town on William publicity wise. The English love the underdog and William is seen as the top dog, along with the monarchy in general. The media would have tons of pictures of Kate moving her stuff out of Clarence House with a miserable look on her face, with headlines such has "KATE KICKED OUT!!" and such exaggerated headlines detailing the cruelty of William to their sainted "English Rose".

What more can I say ? It's a perfect message! :)
Old 08-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Administrator

William self-funded

Quote:
William gets the bulk of his money from taxpayers, if not all of it.
At the moment William is supported by his father who receives his income via profits from the Duchy of Cornwall.

When William gains access to his various trust funds he will be a self-funded multi-millionaire in fact and not just on paper.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Exactly. It puts Kate inadvertantly in a position to do harm to William. If she writes a tell-all book she could reveal very salacious details (true or untrue the public will read and believe much of it) about their love life if she wanted. Or details about his daily routine and intimate interests. There is always a market for this, furthermore if William dumps her she will have no reason to be discreet anymore.
Perhaps she has signed a confidentiality agreement?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
At the moment William is supported by his father who receives his income via profits from the Duchy of Cornwall.

When William gains access to his various trust funds he will be a self-funded multi-millionaire in fact and not just on paper.
William will not receive any tax-payers money, other than to cover the expense directly related to being a working royal - i.e. travel to official visits - until he becomes king.

He is currently supported by the Duke of Cornwall. At 25 (I believe) he will be able to access the Trust Fund left by his mother. (He may already have access to anything left to him by his great-grandmother and Spencer grandparents, if anything was left. I don't know of any).

When Charles becomes king he will have the income of the Duchy of Cornwall estates to support him and then as King he will get a Civil List allowance to cover official costs and the income of the Duchy of Lancaster to support himself.

The cost of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh is, I believe 61p per person per year - i.e. a loaf of bread, Charles costs 4p per person per year and no other member of the RF cost anything as the Queen repays the government for anything they receive.

Tags
prince william, relationships