The Duke of Sussex as Patron of WellChild

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could tell Harry what his mum would be doing if she was there yesterday. Radiantly smiling, tears going down her cheeks, beaming with pride...:flowers:
And making the kids giggle, and doling out hugs, of course...;)

And that would be completely in character. Her sons were able to get best qualities from both parents.

And that would be completely in character. Her sons were able to get best qualities from both parents.
:lol:yes!! completly agree with you!!! William and Harry get the best qualities (physical, mentally, feeling..) for Charles and Diana....I know that she will be proud of her sons!

Thanks again for helping me link this Daria! Little Lilly recevied her award a few years ago! I love the photo! Harry is so brilliant with kids!
Awesome, heartwarming story too!

Thanks again for helping me link this Daria! Little Lilly recevied her award a few years ago! I love the photo! Harry is so brilliant with kids!
Awesome, heartwarming story too!

No problem. These children (and Harry) deserve recognition.

Harry looked so sweet with the kids!

From 'MAJESTY' Magazine's fb page:

Prince Harry, Patron of WellChild, is to attend the eighth WellChild Awards Ceremony at the InterContinental Hotel, Park Lane, London, on 3 September.

The Prince will join a number of WellChild supporters in recognising the courage of seriously ill children and young people as well as the hard work of the doctors, nurses and other health professionals who care for them. The Prince will meet all the winners of the categories and members of their families in a reception before the awards ceremony.

Prince Harry will present the Award for Most Inspirational Child (Age 3-6) and will deliver a speech at the end of the award ceremony.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to pictures and videos from this event. It's an absolute delight to watch Henry interact with children :D.

We didn't recognise you with your clothes on! Prince Harry is smartly dressed in first public outing since 'those photographs' appeared after his wild weekend in Vegas
Dressed in rather more than we have seen of late, Prince Harry has made his first public appearance since the scandal over his naked Las Vegas antics broke. The third in line to the throne attended the WellChild Awards in London this afternoon in his role as Patron of the charity, which supports terminally and critically ill children in the UK. The 27-year-old royal, clad in a smart blue suit and pink spotted tie, arrived at the InterContinental Hotel on Park Lane in a chauffeur driven car with a small security detail.

How cute and touching is this story? Kids do say the darnest things :ROFLMAO:. I love the picture of Alex rubbing his penguin on Harry (and the little cheeky remark too). No words for pictures with hope, but I think they speak for themselves :wub:.

I absolutely loved this story! It shows so clearly just how fantastic his rapport is with kids and his ease of dealing with them and making them feel so special as if they're the #1 best friend at that time. Harry also seems to really have the gift of being able to go with the flow no matter what the situation is and be able to cheekily diffuse it when needed. Not many people have that gift.

I really do think that this night with WellChild was a very positive thing not only for Harry but probably drew more attention to the charity itself because of one little boy musing he'd like to tell Harry "I'm glad you have your clothes on". :D

Say what you like about Harry but I don't think there's a royal who can match him for his rapport with children. Those kids obviously love him and he seems so sincerely touched by them all. Wellchild will have got a huge publicity boost from this, with it being his first appearance since his issues in Vegas.

I'd like to state that I wasn't at all surprised to read that the little girl who licked Harry's face (twice!) is from my neck of the woods, Northern Ireland. When she's around close family and friends, my little 18-month-old niece has a tendency to lick people's faces instead of kissing them. Must be something in the water over here! ;)

Artemisia said:

To be fair, it's not a Daily Mail article - it's a Daily Record one. ;)
DM is not the most ethical newspaper in the world, but even it wouldn't stoop that low (at least, I hope so). Besides, their stories usually feature the "royal insiders".

Just out of curiosity: why wouldn't a British court uphold a person's desire to leave his/her property to someone? Is it really different from, say, Mrs. Greville's bequest?
I'll be honest, Artemisia, I hovered over your link, saw the word 'daily' and assumed it was the paper we all love to hate. Goes to show how little esteem the DM's held in nowadays when it's assumed that all the stupid articles are written by them!

I don't know too much about the Greville will, or the law in Scotland where this particular will was made. I vaguely remember from my law degree days that the courts would overturn a will that was obviously unfair and reach a more 'equitable' conclusion. The sort of cases we studied were where a father falls out with one of his children and leaves his estate to his other children, essentially writing one of his kids out of his will, the courts would overturn that to make sure each sibling got their fair share.

In this case, I would assume that because this man had said he would leave the island to Harry, someone whom he doesn't know (his mental capacity might be challenged because of his decision), as opposed to his son from whom he was estranged, the will would just be overturned. It used to be the case that the courts would only overturn a will in really, really exceptional circumstances, but they've become more willing to do so now to right a perceived wrong.

Disclaimer - it's been almost 10 years since I studied this stuff, so it could be very wrong. Sorry for the off-topic.

Last edited:
:previous:
Completely agree about Harry and kids: he's natural with them.
And as far as I'm concerned, someone who's so good with children just cannot be a bad person. :)

Thanks for answering my question about the will, it makes sense. Now that I think of it, I remember a similar case a while ago: a father left his entire fortune to his hard-working daughter who had been overseeing his business for a number of years anyway, leaving the son (the black sheep of the family) with nothing. The court overruled the will and, if I'm not mistaken, gave 50% to each. I thought it was quite unfair towards the daughter though.

CNN's coverage of Harry at the WellChild Awards Dinner:
Prince Harry leaves scandal behind at UK awards dinner - CNN.com

Loved these two quotes

"Harry, who is patron of the charity, said he is always humbled by the inspirational stories of the winners and finds it difficult to describe how remarkable they are. "But never one to be shy in coming forward, I give it a go," Harry said.

After a few nervous giggles in the audience, Harry laughed, and the whole room then laughed with him."

"There was one joke at Harry's expense that appeared to go unnoticed, however: As Harry presented awards to two of the charity's "Most Inspirational" children, the loudspeakers played the song "The Bare Necessities" :lol: from Disney's "The Jungle Book."

You have to give the guy credit to rising above the scandal. He's a warm hearted man, let him carry on. :wub:

I wish the Daily Mail had not republished the now infamous photos, but otherwise it was a good story.

I'll bet the little girl who licked Prince Harry's face has a dog or plays with one regularly...

I absolutely loved this story! It shows so clearly just how fantastic his rapport is with kids and his ease of dealing with them and making them feel so special as if they're the #1 best friend at that time. Harry also seems to really have the gift of being able to go with the flow no matter what the situation is and be able to cheekily diffuse it when needed. Not many people have that gift.

I really do think that this night with WellChild was a very positive thing not only for Harry but probably drew more attention to the charity itself because of one little boy musing he'd like to tell Harry "I'm glad you have your clothes on". :D

From the mouth of babes...However, I'm glad that the charity is getting publicity. They do a great deal of good. Henry's a natural with little ones. They sense he's sincere and are not afraid to be themselves. I said in another thread that children bring out one's true self. You can be goofy, and silly and they just go with it. It's magic in one of its' purest forms :D.

:previous:
Completely agree about Harry and kids: he's natural with them.
And as far as I'm concerned, someone who's so good with children just cannot be a bad person. :)

I completely agree. Kids are excellent judges of character, so if they like you, you're good to go :D.

CNN's coverage of Harry at the WellChild Awards Dinner:
Prince Harry leaves scandal behind at UK awards dinner - CNN.com

Loved these two quotes

"Harry, who is patron of the charity, said he is always humbled by the inspirational stories of the winners and finds it difficult to describe how remarkable they are. "But never one to be shy in coming forward, I give it a go," Harry said.

After a few nervous giggles in the audience, Harry laughed, and the whole room then laughed with him."

"There was one joke at Harry's expense that appeared to go unnoticed, however: As Harry presented awards to two of the charity's "Most Inspirational" children, the loudspeakers played the song "The Bare Necessities" :lol: from Disney's "The Jungle Book."

Oh, how priceless is that :ROFLMAO:?

This is curtesy of BBC. I must say, those kids are precious beyond words :wub:. Still don't know what's my favorite; the hugs and cow licks, or the penguin-rubbing :D.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19470391

Last edited:
Proving to be a good guy once again. He always seems to be enjoying most of the activities he does. Harry really is the most charismatic member of the BRF.

Videos:
Brave child to tell Prince Harry two jokes at awards-
Brave child to tell Prince Harry two jokes at awards - ITV News

Child's chef hopes after months of being unable to eat-
Child's chef hopes after months of being unable to eat - ITV News

I hope Johnathan He will become a chef someday. He's so full of life and a very funny little fellow.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 47m
#royal Prince #Harry arrives at WellChild Awards pic.twitter.com/N5VPUhMq84

Prince Harry and celebrities arrive for bravery awards:
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-09-11/prince-harry-and-celebrities-arrive-for-bravery-awards/

Last edited:
Aww my heart just melted. Jonathan really is the sweetest.

Oh he is beyond adorable!! I can easily imagine Harry and Jonathan really having a great time together. Such a little character and charmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 100 Women in Hedge Fund is having a gala on Oct 16 for the Well Child charity that Harry is going to. I don't think there will be sick children there. The hedge fund women do this gala every year for a while now. It the past it supported William and Kate's charities. This year is one of Harry's. Last year it was Action on Addiction so Kate went to it and 2015 is the Art Room.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

@RoyalReporter: Harry:I'm not entirely sure who made the seating *plan but I am sitting between two men. I thought it would just be 100 women and myself.

@RoyalReporter: Harry:I'm not entirely sure who made the seating *plan but I am sitting between two men. I thought it would just be 100 women and myself.

Oh that is just too funny and so Harry! :ROFLMAO:

That man sure can rock a tuxedo can't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom