The Duke of Sussex as Patron of WellChild

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Sky News on twitter, Prince Harry's last engagement before leaving for the training in the States is on August 31, with WellChild.

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison
#royal #Harry became Patron of WellChild, March 2007, a charity helping sick children & their families deal with consequ of serious illness

#royal #Harry date for diary: Prince Harry, Patron of Wellchild attends award ceremony to present Best Brave Child (age3-6) Award, Aug 31st

#royal #harry This will be Prince Harry's last engagement before heading off for 6-8 weeks to USA Apache Heli weapons training

According to Sky News on twitter, Prince Harry's last engagement before leaving for the training in the States is on August 31, with WellChild.

#royal #Harry became Patron of WellChild, March 2007, a charity helping sick children & their families deal with consequ of serious illness

#royal #Harry date for diary: Prince Harry, Patron of Wellchild attends award ceremony to present Best Brave Child (age3-6) Award, Aug 31st

#royal #harry This will be Prince Harry's last engagement before heading off for 6-8 weeks to USA Apache Heli weapons training
I am surprised that Harry has a public engagement on Aug. 31. I figured he would want to spend that day in private and alone.... of course on days like that it helps to keep busy...

I am surprised that Harry has a public engagement on Aug. 31. I figured he would want to spend that day in private and alone.... of course on days like that it helps to keep busy...

I think doing something like this on that day in particular is a great idea. He will be reminded of his mother, but in a good way. He would be doing something that she would have approved of, and done herself. And yes, on days like that it's better to keep busy. Doesn't mean that one forgets the loss, but prevents one from going into a deep funk. I have no doubt he'll remember his mother that day.

That is true.... helping sick kids is something Diana loved to do, and this is just the sort of thing she'd do if she was here. She would be proud of Harry for doing so. And he will remember her in a good way. No doubt there.
And now I just summarized what you said, LOL.:lol:

Tommorow Harry will be presenting one of the awards at the WellChild annual awards ceremony. Should be some cute pics, he seems to be great, and love being with kids. Would make his mom smile.:);)

Tommorow Harry will be presenting one of the awards at the WellChild annual awards ceremony. Should be some cute pics, he seems to be great, and love being with kids. Would make his mom smile.:);)

There was an article in the 'Daily Mail' that talked about the children that will be receiving these awards. It will be a very special day for all involved for so many reasons.

Can you provide a link to the article, Daria?:prettyplease:

Thank you for this link IloveCP. I think it is very noble of Harry to be a patron of this particular charity. Just goes to show that in spite of harry being the "happy go lucky" royal who will jump into a pool with his clothes on, he does have a serious and compassionate side. I think being in the military also teaches one about many of life's rare values.

You just gotta love him :). He has a delightful personality

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Harry as Patron of WellChild attending the 7th WellChild Awards at the InterContinental Park
Lane Hotel, London, where he presented an award to the winner of the Best Brave Child (Age 3-6),
August 31, 2011.

** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Prince Harry as Patron of WellChild attending the 7th WellChild Awards at the InterContinental Park
Lane Hotel, London, where he presented an award to the winner of the Best Brave Child (Age 3-6),
August 31, 2011.

Thank you for these :flowers:. Harry is a natural with children and they seem to sense that. Really like his pictures with Harley and Sophie (Harley seemed to be having a ball chatting with Harry too).

Sorry for the bombardment, but here's the 'Daily Mail' summary of the WellChild Awards. Love Harry's touch with the kids. He is able to go hands-on (he would be a great teacher for kids with special needs, just saying).

Prince Harry meets seriously ill children after his wild boy's night out in Croatia | Mail Online

August 31, 2011.

My heart has officially melted! :butterfly::heartflower:

Sorry for the bombardment, but here's the 'Daily Mail' summary of the WellChild Awards. Love Harry's touch with the kids. He is able to go hands-on (he would be a great teacher for kids with special needs, just saying).

Prince Harry meets seriously ill children after his wild boy's night out in Croatia | Mail Online
Love these pics!:butterfly::heart1: Pics # 1, 3, 5, 6, are my faves!
@ Daria- I also love how " hands- on", Harry is!;)

My heart has officially melted! :butterfly::heartflower:

I just knew that once photos were released from this event that mine would too. You just have to know that when you put Harry in a room with a bunch of kids you'll end up with just that. A room full of a bunch of kids. He's a natural.

I could picture Harry and that one young lad in the wheelchair sharing some kind of joke about jumping in pools. :D

I just knew that once photos were released from this event that mine would too. You just have to know that when you put Harry in a room with a bunch of kids you'll end up with just that. A room full of a bunch of kids. He's a natural.

I could picture Harry and that one young lad in the wheelchair sharing some kind of joke about jumping in pools. :D

He does his mother proud, doesn't he?;)
Your reference to pools cracks me up! Maybe they did.... :lol:....but I somehow doubt it, in the article the lad's mom said they talked about sports.
My heart melted when I saw him with little Sophie, the girl with CP, I can relate as I have CP myself , and I can also imagine her joy!

I think they were talking about football. Apparently they are fans of different teams, and were teasing each other :D.

I would love to have Harry in my classroom. There would never be a dull moment (and work would actually get done, because I don't see him as a type of person who would just sit back and try to get out of helping, like some TAs I've had the misfortune of dealing with).

I think both Harry and William would be/make awesome TA's!:) For all the reasons you said, plus the crucial fact that they love kids, and kids love them!:flowers:
The proof of that is in the pictures. YKWTS, a picture says a thousand words.... true enough!;)

I think both Harry and William would be/make awesome TA's!:) For all the reasons you said, plus the fact that they love kids, and kids love them!:flowers:
The proof of that is in the pictures. YKWTS, a picture says a thousand words.... true enough!;)

Aye. Now, to just get them into my (future) classroom :ROFLMAO:.

Good luck on that!:lol: But maybe they can come visit sometime on an unknown future tour of East Coast USA!;) Never know... could happen!:flowers:

He just looks so good and comfortable around these young kids. For a guy of 26 that is pretty rare. The kids just look lovely and I love how they all got to dress up to make it that much more special for them. Harry does do his mother proud!

You just have to admire and respect this Prince more and more. What an absolutely wonderful gesture. We are definitely seeing Harry's caring and compassionate side more and more. Diana would have been so very proud.

After looking at all the links- the photos make me cry, and the videos make a lump in my throat!
Britain is lucky to have Harry...

From Express:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince Harry’s poignant tribute to his mother

I will have to agree, United Kingdom is lucky to have such a caring royal. His ease with these children is heartwarming to witness.
I could tell Harry what his mum would be doing if she was there yesterday. Radiantly smiling, tears going down her cheeks, beaming with pride...:flowers:
And making the kids giggle, and doling out hugs, of course...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom