The Duke of Sussex as Co-Founder and Patron of Sentebale

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry will visit Dubai on Saturday 19th March to take part in the second Sentebale Polo Cup, which is being held in Dubai in association with Royal Salute.

press release from the Clarence House

Yesterday, Harry played as well:

Prince Harry at the Audi Polo Challenge polo match for team Sentebale (a charity founded by
Prince Harry in aid of orphans and vulnerable children in Lesotho) versus team Audi at Coworth
Park Polo Club on May 8, 2011 in Ascot, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize how fit Harry is. Not bad, not bad at all. ;)

Prince Harry as co-founder and Patron of Sentebale attended BGC Partners’ Charity Day,
which is held each year to commemorate the company’s 658 employees who lost their
lives in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.

Prince Harry helped raising money for Sentebale and other charities by supporting BGC
brokers in deals on the trading floor, London, September 12, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

** london24.com: Prince Harry visits Canary Wharf to help raise money for charity at BGC Partners **

** thisislondon.co.uk: Harry makes record 18bn euro trade **

** PA: Harry breaks currency trade record **

** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Last edited:

Prince Harry as co-founder and Patron of Sentebale attended BGC Partners’ Charity Day,
which is held each year to commemorate the company’s 658 employees who lost their
lives in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.

Prince Harry helped raising money for Sentebale and other charities by supporting BGC
brokers in deals on the trading floor, London, September 12, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

** london24.com: Prince Harry visits Canary Wharf to help raise money for charity at BGC Partners **

** thisislondon.co.uk: Harry makes record 18bn euro trade **

** PA: Harry breaks currency trade record **

** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

He's working for a good cause, and has some classic facial expressions to boot. Thanks for sharing.

I saw a short documentry on Harry and William last night. It mostly showed Harry's work in Losoto it was really good. Harry get's on so well with the children and he works very hard for his charity. It also showed how close he and William are!

I understand that Harry threw a private bash for his Sentable charity...too bad no pics of that event. Although we always get plenty of party pics sadly enough.

I understand that Harry threw a private bash for his Sentable charity...too bad no pics of that event. Although we always get plenty of party pics sadly enough.

The very wording of your post explains why we didn't get any pics - it was a 'private event'.

We usually don't get photos from inside the bars etc where he parties but only when he exits as that is onto a public street and therefore not a private place anymore.

If Harry had wanted publicity of this event he could easily have arranged it.

The very wording of your post explains why we didn't get any pics - it was a 'private event'.

We usually don't get photos from inside the bars etc where he parties but only when he exits as that is onto a public street and therefore not a private place anymore.

If Harry had wanted publicity of this event he could easily have arranged it.

Just the fact that he threw a private party for Sentabale speaks volumes for Harry in my book. I don't need to see the pictures.

Charity Garden Partnership Set to Put Forgotten Kingdom on the Map:
B&Q, the UK’s leading home improvement retailer announces today that it is to partner with Sentebale, a children’s charity founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho -at next year’s RHS Chelsea Flower Show. The garden will be designed by landscape and garden designer, Jinny Blom.

Royal Horticultural Society - B&Q Sentebale 'Forget-me-not' Garden

The headline is wrong, the garden is for his charity Sentebale and happens to contain one element in relation to Diana. Nor did he design it, he approved designs sent to him and gave his thoughts.

The headline is wrong, the garden is for his charity Sentebale and happens to contain one element in relation to Diana. Nor did he design it, he approved designs sent to him and gave his thoughts.

Well said. I think Harry would be disappointed on the emphasis on Diana rather than his charity.

His mother is the heart of his charity.

I disagree - it's the children of Lesotho.

Yeah, but you know what I mean. Harry & Prince Seeiso created this charity and dedicated it to their late mothers. The purpose of the charity is to help aid children orphaned by HIV/AIDS.

The garden will feature:
- A William plant, in tribute to his brother.
- The main focal point of the garden will be a hearts and crown terrace, based on a blanket design by the late mother of Prince Seeiso of Lesotho.

The hearts and crown terrace is thus connected with Lesotho, not Diana. In addition, they are only said to be the favourite flowers of Diana; I've never heard of it before. This said, I don't doubt that whether the flowers were or weren't favourites of Diana, Harry did have his mother in mind when agreeing to the design of the garden.

Last edited:
Harry has kept his non-military charities low key because, I think, he was well aware that the much as he loved his mother, the "Diana" effect would adversely effect them and certainly take the focus off the charities themselves.

Personally, if I were him, I would be peeved that any good thing I do is immediately attributed to his mother when:

a. He has two parents, and

b. He is a grown man who is doing what he can in his own inimitable style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom