The Duke of Sussex and Walking with the Wounded

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he's brave!! but we don't know if it's true...

From what I've read, a lot depends on whether or not he can work it into his schedules between the Army and royal duties.

I do have to admit though that this is one guy that really gets busy and involved in what he believes in rather than just being a spokesperson or a figurehead. I admire that.

Is this with the same team he went with last time?

Is this with the same team he went with last time?

Not sure if it is the same guys but it is Walking with the Wounded that he did the North Pole trek with.

Prince Harry announced as Patron of the South Pole Allied Challenge 2013
Walking With The Wounded today announces the start of its latest pioneering expedition following the successes of 2011‘s record-breaking trek to the North Pole with Patron, Prince Harry, and the assault on the imposing Mt Everest in 2012. This time, teams of wounded service personnel from the USA and the Commonwealth – New Zealand, Canada and Australia – will race across the Antarctic in November and December 2013 under the patronage of Prince Harry.
Considering how close to heart Harry always took Walk With The Wounded project, it's a very fitting role.
Well done, Harry!

God, what these guys do is AMAZING! I always feel touched when I ear about their adventures. I would never have courage to do it and they do it with all their limitations.

And it's fantastic how close to his heart Harry has these guys.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter12m
Prince Harry, patron, will attend the launch event of the Walking With The Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge 2013 in London April 19.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 2h
#PrinceHarry to attend the launch event of the Walking With The Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge 2013 April 19th at the Mandarin Hotel.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 2h
#Harry who is Patron of WWTW will meet some of the wounded service personnel taking part in the expedition to the South Pole beginning Nov.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 3h
April 21 is HM's 87th b'day, #Kate will be w/Scouts at Windosr Castle & #Harry will be at @LondonMarathon. #WhosegoingtogetMondaysfrontpage?

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 57m
Prince Harry will speak at the @SupportTheWalk launch - it will be streaming here from 2.30pm - http://bit.ly/bRRVB9 #SouthPole #WWTW

Walking With The Wounded - YouTube

The Royal Channel - YouTube

Beginning in 5 mins or so Live.

Live:
Walking With The Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge Expedition Launch: Friday 19th April 2013 - YouTube

Live: Should be starting shortly-
http://walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/southpole2013/the-challenge/launch/

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 13m
Prince Harry has announced he is to trek to South Pole this year as part of the @SupportTheWalk charity challenge pic.twitter.com/yYQdbNvKjw

Last edited by a moderator:
Always had the feeling he would go. Well done, Harry!

photostream
I took this pic of Prince Harry as he arrived at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park for the South Pole Challenge press conference on Friday 19 April 2013

Last edited:
Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 2h
Prince Harry will attend the Walking with the Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge Crystal Ball gala dinner at the Grosvenor Hotel, 30th May

Ben Fogle ‏@Benfogle 2h
Looking forward to hosting the Walking with the Wounded @supportthewalk South Pole Allied Challenge gala dinner with Prince Harry on May 30

After being at Stamford Bridge earlier today, Harry will attend a gala dinner this evening

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch 5m
Crystal Ball indeed! MT @HONOUROURFORCES: Room looks Amazing for the Crystal ball Tonight in London with Prince Harry pic.twitter.com/eCWHqxw5HD

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1h
The gala dinner in aid of #WWTW & hosted by @Benfogle includes entertainment from Ellie Goulding. #Harry will make a speech before dinner.
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1h
This evening #PrinceHarry will join members of the South Pole Team at "The Crystal Ball" Gala Dinner hosted by @supportthewalk.

WWTW ‏@supportthewalk 27s
Prince Harry, #SouthPole2013 Expedition Patron, is about to enter the @Grosvenor_House for the #CrystalBall in aid of @supportthewalk!!

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 1m
A dashing Prince Harry has arrived in black tux for tonight's #CrystalBall in aid of @supportthewalk.

Watermark free
Prince Harry Pictures - Celebs Attend a Gala Dinner in London - Zimbio

More
http://www.gettyimages.pt/Search/Se...pe=image&mt=photography&p=prince+harry+30+may

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry is a braver person than I...

I was just thinking the same thing; I love the cold, but something like that would probably make me want to smash my air conditioner. Good on Harry though. He walks the walk, as well as talks the talk.

I was just thinking the same thing; I love the cold, but something like that would probably make me want to smash my air conditioner. Good on Harry though. He walks the walk, as well as talks the talk.

LOL!:lol: You and me both!

There is now even more reason to watch the trek. Alexander Skarsgard will lead a team of wounded American soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom