The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Am I the only one who saw the guy kiss Meghan on the cheek in the 1st video? Seems like people are getting a little too comfortable.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
Am I the only one who saw the guy kiss Meghan on the cheek in the 1st video? Seems like people are getting a little too comfortable.
I saw it too, but I didn't know if that's normal or not. I think I've seen videos of Diana and Kate at Polo in the past where the players shake hands with them and then kiss on the cheek. So I thought that's normal.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Harry knows many of the competitors and hopefuls in the IG by name. He may know Harry and Meghan.

Thanks for those videos Dman. It's obvious that Meghan as well as Harry has an effortless easy manner when chatting to people, like Harry, and lovely to see.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Meghan confirms she will be attending the games in Sidney. Not that we didn't already figure as much but nice that it is official.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Nobility

The IG is such a good cause I hope the games continue for many more years to come
Old 04-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Majesty

Via Omid's tweet:

Meghan confirmed she'll be at @InvictusSydney, telling Michael Mellon (who competed in sitting volleyball and wheelchair basketball last year): "She told me she had never been to Australia but was going to this year’s event and really looking forward to being there with Harry."
Old 04-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Harry and Meghan at the seated Volleyball Trials-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rials?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Harry and Meghan at the seated Volleyball Trials-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rials?type=raw
The showing the ring off in the beginning is annoying, but I'm glad she's dressed appropriately (no torn jeans, logo T-shirt, flat shoes) and that she's not clinging to Harry for dear life, so points for improvement.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:44 PM

I don’t know. I thought her choice of shoes were weird. A nice pair of tennis shoes would be nice and her hair in a ponytail but other than that. I agree with you.

The woman walking them around is how I would of thought.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Meghan never needed to "improve". Of all the royal brides to marry into the BRF in the past 50 years, I think Meghan is the most well adjusted to the role before the wedding to come along. She gets right into the thick of doing things.

Meghan compliments Harry and Harry compliments Meghan. You don't see Prince Harry and his fiancee nor do you see Meghan Markle with Harry somewhere in the background. You see HarryandMeghan as a team.

Its not about a ring or the clothes but about what they do together and from what I've seen, what matters to one, matters to the other and they're a united front that is going to be formidable wherever they go.

So, when it comes to the Invictus Games, they'll be there taking in the entire e event and I'm looking forward to that. I loved the Toronto games.

BTW: there is a separate thread for discussing Meghan's fashions and looks.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-06-2018, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I fail to see how Meghan clings to Harry for dear life. From what I've seen for everyone one of their engagements, they are quite openly tactile with each other, but I don't see anyone overly needy to clingy here.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Courtier

I hate to disagree, but I feel we all have room to improve, always. I think if you asked Meghan she would be the first to admit it.

I don't question at all their bond ATM, and yes that is a great thing for a 'team' and hopefully they will be energetic and do many good things for the betterment of the UK.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I fail to see how Meghan clings to Harry for dear life. From what I've seen for everyone one of their engagements, they are quite openly tactile with each other, but I don't see anyone overly needy to clingy here.
Well then, we have a difference of opinion, don't we?
Old 04-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Meghan never needed to "improve". Of all the royal brides to marry into the BRF in the past 50 years, I think Meghan is the most well adjusted to the role before the wedding to come along. She gets right into the thick of doing things.

Meghan compliments Harry and Harry compliments Meghan. You don't see Prince Harry and his fiancee nor do you see Meghan Markle with Harry somewhere in the background. You see HarryandMeghan as a team.

Its not about a ring or the clothes but about what they do together and from what I've seen, what matters to one, matters to the other and they're a united front that is going to be formidable wherever they go.

So, when it comes to the Invictus Games, they'll be there taking in the entire e event and I'm looking forward to that. I loved the Toronto games.

BTW: there is a separate thread for discussing Meghan's fashions and looks.
Brilliant, well said
Old 04-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Well then, we have a difference of opinion, don't we?
Actually clinging to someone for dear life really isn't an opinion. It's a matter of fact or not.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Majesty

I think engagements like today show Meghan does have a lot to learn. Being an actress doesn’t equal being comfortable as a royal.

It was a good idea to get Meghan out and about before marriage to get her some experience. It’s still early days.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

I think saying, that 'Meghan clings onto Harry' is unfair, when both of them are equally tactile. I don't get why some get so upset at handholding or touching each other's arm or back.

I think Meghan has been doing wonderfully from the start, and seems to get even more confident each engagement.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Meghan on the job with confidence indeed-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...71977175486464

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Majesty

I don't mind how tactile they are with each other. It's rather charming to see IMO. I don't think it's excessive.

LaRae
Old 04-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think engagements like today show Meghan does have a lot to learn. Being an actress doesn’t equal being comfortable as a royal.

It was a good idea to get Meghan out and about before marriage to get her some experience. It’s still early days.
Not sure what you mean here. Meghan's fashion is one thing and we can agree to disagree on her style choices. But, in terms of interacting with the public and showing a genuine interest in the organizations they meet on engagements, I think she's killed it since day 1. Especially considering day 1 was literally 4 days after their engagement announcement.