The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #741  
Old 10-01-2017, 07:48 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,132
It is great thing that there is this event for these servicemen and their families. They sacrifice so much and too many men and women come home wounded in mind and or body. I hope the games continue as long as they are needed.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #742  
Old 10-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
More pics from DF of Meghan and Harry.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...Games-day.html
Man - you just can't get a bad shot of Meghan - she looks gorgeous in each and every last one! No awkward face - just gorgeous. Her mom has the same gift. Wow.

I'm gonna see if I can find footage of the actual game they were watching on Friday - they seemed focused a lot on one of the USA basketball players - wondering if he was a standout star or something.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #743  
Old 10-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Man - you just can't get a bad shot of Meghan - she looks gorgeous in each and every last one! No awkward face - just gorgeous. Her mom has the same gift. Wow.

I'm gonna see if I can find footage of the actual game they were watching on Friday - they seemed focused a lot on one of the USA basketball players - wondering if he was a standout star or something.
If you ask me, each and every athlete that participated in the games, win or lose, are "stars" in their own right. That's what the games were all about. To be honest, other than some of the athletes that were profiled and their stories told, I don't think much emphasis was put on individuality but it was more on the teams.

As I've said before, Meghan could wear a potato sack and look drop dead gorgeous. I don't think its all physical beauty either. There is just an aura of something very genuine about her. Like HM, The Queen, when she smiles, she smiles with her whole face and her eyes sparkle and she comes across as being very, very real. That's what happens when you're comfortable with your freckles.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #744  
Old 10-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If you ask me, each and every athlete that participated in the games, win or lose, are "stars" in their own right. That's what the games were all about. To be honest, other than some of the athletes that were profiled and their stories told, I don't think much emphasis was put on individuality but it was more on the teams.

As I've said before, Meghan could wear a potato sack and look drop dead gorgeous. I don't think its all physical beauty either. There is just an aura of something very genuine about her. Like HM, The Queen, when she smiles, she smiles with her whole face and her eyes sparkle and she comes across as being very, very real. That's what happens when you're comfortable with your freckles.
Agree about the team emphasis - just looking at the DF photos and there was one USA basketball player that got a lot of pictures - even one with Harry - so I just wondered if the media focus on him was because he was a player that stood out or had a big game.

It turns out a player from Denmark had the most points in the game though - looks like it was the USA team effort that won them the game. And the game was actually really close.
Reply With Quote
  #745  
Old 10-01-2017, 12:32 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 21,113
HRH Prince Harry attends the 2017 Invictus Games Closing Ceremony at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

PPE Agency
__________________
5th of October October 1285-Death of Philippe III
King of France.
Reply With Quote
  #746  
Old 10-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Good grief she even looks gorgeous in grainy/fuzzy pics!

The pics of Harry talking to her mom...you can tell they have already developed a relationship ..they are comfortable with each other. More than a few meetings/discussions have gone on there before.

The pics of Harry and Meghan are quite charming and very much tell the story of how they feel about each other.


LaRae
I thought so too

All in all a brilliant and worthy event set up by a kind hearted, compassionate man. You could just tell that the competitors were all excited and a brilliant time was had by all. I have a wonderful feeling about H&M, they will go the distance... I’m so happy Harry invited Meghan and her mum along and they were there to support him and the games.
Reply With Quote
  #747  
Old 10-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 858
Before the games I kept hearing that it would end in 2020, I'm so happy Harry is going to keep it going. They have really created a community of not just the soldiers but also the family, the children, that community is so important. What a fantastic job!

The official rollout of Meghan Markle was also seamless from beginning to end.

I love MM's casual Cali style, while her clothes where normal what made it work is that she wears the clothes, they do not wear her, so instead of being on display she seemed comfortable and at ease.

All in all it was a great event and Harry is an inspirational speaker and figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post

So cute, he was waiting at that exact moment in the song to kiss her!! and if any protocol is being broke, then its Harry who did it!!
Reply With Quote
  #748  
Old 10-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Before the games I kept hearing that it would end in 2020, I'm so happy Harry is going to keep it going. They have really created a community of not just the soldiers but also the family, the children, that community is so important. What a fantastic job!

The official rollout of Meghan Markle was also seamless from beginning to end.

I love MM's casual Cali style, while her clothes where normal what made it work is that she wears the clothes, they do not wear her, so instead of being on display she seemed comfortable and at ease.

All in all it was a great event and Harry is an inspirational speaker and figure.




So cute, he was waiting at that exact moment in the song to kiss her!! and if any protocol is being broke, then its Harry who did it!!
Yep, You’re right.
Reply With Quote
  #749  
Old 10-02-2017, 04:14 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,063
I don't think the Closing Ceremony was featured in the CC again. That online site is completely hopeless.
Reply With Quote
  #750  
Old 10-02-2017, 10:18 AM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Before the games I kept hearing that it would end in 2020, I'm so happy Harry is going to keep it going. They have really created a community of not just the soldiers but also the family, the children, that community is so important. What a fantastic job!
I hope it keeps going too. I wonder why they would even consider ending it. It seems to me something that will just keep getting bigger and bigger.
Reply With Quote
  #751  
Old 10-02-2017, 11:16 AM
csw csw is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I hope it keeps going too. I wonder why they would even consider ending it. It seems to me something that will just keep getting bigger and bigger.
My understanding is that Harry initially thought it would have a "shelf life" because the main conflicts that resulted in so many injured veterans was winding down. If that happens, then there would be a lack of competitors.

"The Prince has previously hinted that the Games had a "shelf life", with plans for five years of games laid out before it was believed he and competitors would quietly move on." 'Sky's the limit' for Invictus Games, says Prince Harry, claiming he feels 'social responsibility' to help more veterans
Reply With Quote
  #752  
Old 10-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
My understanding is that Harry initially thought it would have a "shelf life" because the main conflicts that resulted in so many injured veterans was winding down. If that happens, then there would be a lack of competitors.

"The Prince has previously hinted that the Games had a "shelf life", with plans for five years of games laid out before it was believed he and competitors would quietly move on." 'Sky's the limit' for Invictus Games, says Prince Harry, claiming he feels 'social responsibility' to help more veterans
I guess this would be kind of a blessing - that fewer soldiers were being wounded in conflicts since there are fewer conflicts.
Reply With Quote
  #753  
Old 10-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 4,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
My understanding is that Harry initially thought it would have a "shelf life" because the main conflicts that resulted in so many injured veterans was winding down. If that happens, then there would be a lack of competitors.

"The Prince has previously hinted that the Games had a "shelf life", with plans for five years of games laid out before it was believed he and competitors would quietly move on." 'Sky's the limit' for Invictus Games, says Prince Harry, claiming he feels 'social responsibility' to help more veterans
Agreed. I think this has turned into a much bigger thing than Harry anticipated. Based on his comments last week, it now seems to be a fluid situation.
Reply With Quote
  #754  
Old 10-02-2017, 12:07 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
My understanding is that Harry initially thought it would have a "shelf life" because the main conflicts that resulted in so many injured veterans was winding down. If that happens, then there would be a lack of competitors.

"The Prince has previously hinted that the Games had a "shelf life", with plans for five years of games laid out before it was believed he and competitors would quietly move on." 'Sky's the limit' for Invictus Games, says Prince Harry, claiming he feels 'social responsibility' to help more veterans
That makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #755  
Old 10-02-2017, 12:36 PM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Agreed. I think this has turned into a much bigger thing than Harry anticipated. Based on his comments last week, it now seems to be a fluid situation.
It may be that they've run into some internal issues that indicate a different sort of organizational setup would be needed to keep things going indefinitely. But that could be figured out.

The games themselves seem to be of great value to the wounded warriors who participate. Even if military engagements diminish in number, the folks competing now have years left in which they could find it quite important to have this annual goal to work towards, not to mention the companionship that comes from gathering with so many others in a similar situation to their own.
Reply With Quote
  #756  
Old 12-13-2017, 07:29 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,187
Court Circular 12th December:
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this morning attended a Trustees' Meeting at the Honourable Artillery Company, City Road, London EC1.
Reply With Quote
  #757  
Old 02-19-2018, 07:44 PM
Princess Larisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: ., Croatia
Posts: 2,187
Court Circular 19th February:
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this morning attended a Trustees’ Meeting at the Honourable Artillery Company, City Road, London EC1.
Reply With Quote
  #758  
Old 04-06-2018, 08:43 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 43,482
.

Prince Harry as Patron of the Invictus Games Foundation and Meghan Markle attended the UK Team Trials for the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 at the University of Bath Sports Training Village today, April 6:


** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #759  
Old 04-06-2018, 08:53 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,063
It looks windy. They appear very happy together, and in high spirits, engaged and interested in what's going on and with those around them.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend team trials for Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Inside, talking to Invictus hopefuls.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Reply With Quote
  #760  
Old 04-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 14,462
Videos:
HRH Prince Harry and fiancée, Meghan Markle, Attends UK team trials for the Invictus Games in Bath-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...games?type=raw

https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...-bath?type=raw
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (3 members and 5 guests)
GrammaSueSue, Lumutqueen
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
biography british royal family britishroyals camilla canada caracciolo ceremony clothes commonwealth games current events denmark duchess of sussex duchessofsussex duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh duke of york earl of snowdon england family fashion gordon helena history hohenzollern infanta cristina interests juan carlos kate middleton king felipe vi king willem-alexander ladies-in-waiting lineage lord snowdon meghan markle monarchy norwegian royal family patron porphyria prince aymeric prince charles prince charles; biographies; tom bower prince harry prince harry of wales princess princess alexia princess beatrice princesses princess eugenie public image queen elisabeth queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima relationship royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding sarah duchess of york smith state visit sweden tiara van belgië visit to spain wedding windsor windsor castle wivies ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises