The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry thanks the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau for hosting the Invictus Games.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry watches the Athletics during Day 2 of the Invictus Games 2017 at York Lions Stadium on September 24, in Toronto

Prince Harry in Invictus Games Toronto 2017 - Day 2 - Zimbio

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/9072206

Old 09-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Prince Harry thanks the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau for hosting the Invictus Games.

Very sweet manner with Harry here. Strikes me that Harry may be nervous and that's endearing. Though maybe it's more like he is following Mr Trudeau's lead. Can we assume they know each other socially?

P.S. Look at those socks on the Prime Minster!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I watched the entire opening ceremonies and I have to say that one of the people that impressed me the most was Justin Trudeau. The man has a presence and a way about him that just oozes with charm and self confidence. The way he bounded onto the stage and totally drew the people in.

I have to admit that at first I had no clue who he was. I watched the ceremony without sound and as it was not closed captioned, I didn't *hear* what he had to say but caught most of it because the man is easy to lip read. I think Canada has really lucked out with this man as he really seems to be a guy that is open, honest and very easy to like.

I can easily see a good friendship developing between Harry and Justin and not just because Meghan is already friends with the Trudeau family but because, in many ways, Harry and Justin are alike in their enthusiasm for life.

I was impressed with the opening ceremonies. Actually, very little focus was even put on Harry, let alone Meghan. It was about the games, the athletes and their families. I can just imagine Harry's pride in how it all went, how the IGs are creating something very real that will continue to grow for years. Meghan being there actually was of interest to those that have some kind of an interest in their relationship. Nothing at all took the focus away from the games and the athletes though and that's what I liked about it.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-24-2017, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Coming out party

The invictus games are about the athletes and celebrating them. Miss Markle for me seems too over anxious to be recognized. Furthermore, it makes me think the Prince too is more focused on introducing her to the public rather than his commitment to the games.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
You have to be kidding me! I've watched as much as the lead up to the games as I possibly could and then the entire opening ceremonies. No where during that time was Meghan even mentioned.

Harry, at no time, "introduced" her to the public. There was absolutely no time that we saw them together. Harry put *all* his attention into why he was there. The Invictus Games. Meghan did attend the opening ceremony but if you didn't know they were a couple before hand, you wouldn't have known they were a couple after all was said and done.

Maybe you were watching something other than I was? What part gave you the impression that you have?
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was really nice to see Meghan at the Invitcus Games yesterday. She looked great! I hope she can attend some of the other Invitcus events too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was good to see Meghan there. This event is extremely important to Prince Harry so it was nice to see her there looking proud of her boo��
Old 09-24-2017, 08:05 PM
Majesty

Harry gets to pat a new friend, and some more inspirational stories of Invictus athletes. It's clear just how highly regarded Harry is by these competitors, many of whom he knows by name (and that's not just the British team.) He receives heaps of praise for his cheeriness, helpful attitude and empathy.

Prince Harry Hangs with Invictus Athletes and Dog
Old 09-24-2017, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
It was good to see Meghan there. This event is extremely important to Prince Harry so it was nice to see her there looking proud of her boo��
Yep. I'm glad she attended. And I loved her look, especially the jacket and shoes.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:57 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about Meghan's clothing have been moved to the Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings thread.

Let's keep this thread focused on the actual Invictus Games.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Was very busy today, but I will be watching tomorrow.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-25-2017, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Prince Harry's Invictus Games opening speech in Toronto.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Majesty

Piers strikes again. He weighs in on Meghan at IG

On Good Morning Britain he said “it's common sense. It's ridiculous. When have you ever been to a sporting event when you're 50m from the person you're having sex with?”

“They've done it apparently to avoid attention, all they've done is get ten times more attention”

Piers Morgan shocks with crude joke over Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Majesty

Just Piers keeping it klassy.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Piers strikes again. He weighs in on Meghan at IG

On Good Morning Britain he said “it's common sense. It's ridiculous. When have you ever been to a sporting event when you're 50m from the person you're having sex with?”

“They've done it apparently to avoid attention, all they've done is get ten times more attention”

Piers Morgan shocks with crude joke over Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online
I don’t usually agree with Morgan on a lot of stuff, but his comment make sense. It’s just that protocol got in the way. The oddness of royal life!

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry, researcher Dr. Shirazipour and Ivictus Games athlete Stephan Moreau at CIMVHR Forum earlier today (Enhancing the lives of Canadian military personnel, Veterans and their families by harnessing the national capacity for research)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKlAbg0WkAAvqOy.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKk4BSKXkAUEiIl.jpg
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...20825709166592
Harry's speech
https://www.royal.uk/speech-prince-h...rch-conference
Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don’t usually agree with Morgan on a lot of stuff, but his comment make sense. It’s just that protocol got in the way. The oddness of royal life!
Oh yeah ! Completely agree - Piers is right here! .
I mean Meghan is Harry's girlfriend for more than a year and she can't even sit next to him !!
Old 09-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea6 View Post
Oh yeah ! Completely agree - Piers is right here! .
I mean Meghan is Harry's girlfriend for more than a year and she can't even sit next to him !!
But who should have been moved to make way for her? Not Flotus, nor GG and Mrs. Johnston.

The only guy who was at all questionable was the guy sitting behind the GG. Not sure who he was and don't think he spoke.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

It’s also down to how the couple play things too though. Meghan could’ve sat nearer to Harry too. She could’ve sat behind him. They just didn’t want the media to get the major money shot yet.

I know people grow tired of my comparisons to past royal couples when dating. Sophie Rhys-Jones sat right next to Prince Edward during the decommissioning ceremony for The Royal Yacht Britannia. That was a major royal event where royal protocol came into play. The royals can bend royal protocol when they feel like it. The younger royals like to play it differently.

A.W. TOZER