The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Sorry.. JLR = Jaguar Land Rover, the main sponsor of the IG.

He's sitting in Harry's section, directly behind FLOTUS, with the very yellow tie. He took to the stage as one of the speakers.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Sorry.. JLR = Jaguar Land Rover, the main sponsor of the IG.

He's sitting in Harry's section, directly behind FLOTUS, with the very yellow tie. He took to the stage as one of the speakers.
Ah okay, thanks!

LaRae

Old 09-23-2017, 10:36 PM
Courtier

Livestream link for Invictus Games:
LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE – Invictus Games 2017

Prince Harry and Melania Trump Meet at Invictus Games

Also MM is in the audience at the opening ceremonies of Invictus sitting rows behind Prince Harry next to her friend, Markus Anderson. Contrary to the headline, this is not a 'first public appearance together' for M&H. Plus, they are not sitting together and most likely they will not appear together, because this is not about them.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Step Out for Their First Public Appearance Together in Toronto

In this video from last May, Prince Harry discusses how he got Queen Elizabeth to appear in the Invictus video promotion with him and First Lady Obama & President Obama:

At the very end of this May 2016 video promoting last year's games in Orlando, Prince Harry speaks about the importance of his private life remaining private. He feels that most of the public get it, and he appreciates their support in rallying around his work with the Invictus Games.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

What a beautiful opening that was!!! I cheered on all the teams, loved the music and tears filled my eyes when listening to the wounded soldiers stories.

Miss Meghan Markle Attends the Opening Ceremony of the 2017 Invictus Games:
Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle appears at Invictus Games opening ceremony - ITV News

I hope Harry and Meghan and everyone enjoy these games this week. I'll be watching!!!

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It looks like I can keep my cold turkey sandwich. Although they were not a prime focus, children and family was a thread running throughout the opening ceremony.

Nope. Meghan and Harry were not there "together" as during the ceremony, Harry was there in his official capacity and was seated with the other VIPs important to the games themselves. There is no way to construe anything whatsoever about Harry's private life from what I've seen with his involvement with the games in Toronto this year.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's keep the engagement talk out of this thread. You can discuss Meghan's attendance at the games, but discussions about Harry and Meghan's relationship should be taken to their thread.

I've had to edit a few posts, please remember the prior mod note about keeping politics out of the thread.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It looks like I can keep my cold turkey sandwich. Although they were not a prime focus, children and family was a thread running throughout the opening ceremony.

Nope. Meghan and Harry were not there "together" as during the ceremony, Harry was there in his official capacity and was seated with the other VIPs important to the games themselves. There is no way to construe anything whatsoever about Harry's private life from what I've seen with his involvement with the games in Toronto this year.
They were there "together" just seated apart. Most likely they arrived together and left together. It's great they didn't allow the media interest ruin their attendance.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-24-2017, 02:02 AM
Majesty

Love the photos with Harry and the kids. He is so amazing with them. The little girl sure got a memory to keep

Opening ceremonies were amazing. Great start to what is sure to be an amazing event.

Not surprised Meghan is not officially with him. There to support but not in an official capacity just yet.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

One more Gallery from the Opening Ceremony

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...games,_toronto
Old 09-24-2017, 02:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan last night at the opening ceremony of the Invictus games

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...s%2C%20Toronto

Meghan Markle ancestor worked at the windsor castle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...d-Windsor.html
Old 09-24-2017, 04:02 AM
Gentry

Good luck to the athletes
Old 09-24-2017, 05:01 AM
Majesty

Yes good wishes to all of them. May each of them have a magnificent 2017 Invictus Games.

...especially the Aussies!
Old 09-24-2017, 06:05 AM
Courtier

Meghan Markle joins Prince Harry at Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online

Love her dress and shoes.

I had not expected her to be sitting right next to him, but she is close enough if he wants to keep an eye on her.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The headline is misleading. She did not attend the ceremony with Harry. One would expect that, at this point in their relationship, they should have attended the opening ceremony together, not least because the Invictus Games are not technically an official state event, but rather one of Harry's private initiatives.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy to see her there ! And bravo to the competitors
Old 09-24-2017, 06:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The headline is misleading. She did not attend the ceremony with Harry. One would expect that, at this point in their relationship, they should have attended the opening ceremony together, not least because the Invictus Games are not technically an official state event, but rather one of Harry's private initiatives.
If she was officially his fiancée or wife she would have.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I see the DM has described it as Melania's first solo overseas visit.

And here I had no idea that Toronto was overseas; I thought it was on the same continent as the US! I'd better brush up on geography.
I get your point, but overseas in modern English actually means " in, from, or to other countries" and not necessarily in another continent, as the word would literally suggest.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad Meghan made an appearance, if nothing else, it will quiet some of the press frenzy. At least temporarily.

Although I see the DM is having a field day comparing Meghan's clothing to what Kate wore when she first began attending events.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Nobility

I will search but just wondered if anyone happened to be around who knew of that link that you can use to block your location when trying to view websites? I had been watching the live stream for IG but it's now geo blocked me :(
Old 09-24-2017, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here's A Good Link to Watching the Invictus Games: The Schedules and Live Stream-
http://sportscanada.tv/invictusgames...tream-schedule

A.W. TOZER