The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll see her everyday unfortunately. :lol:

Yeah well I wasn't expect to see her daily at the games, she's still working ...maybe they will be out and around Toronto in the evenings.

LaRae

They have quite the crew of protection people. Glad no on bothered them.

LaRae

So delighted ! A big step has been made with them showing their love openly !!!! I really hope an engagement is near !!!!!!

Court Circular 25th September

25th September, 2017
Prince Henry of Wales this morning attended the Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research Forum at the Beanfield Centre, 105 Princes’ Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this afternoon attended the Invictus Games wheelchair tennis at Nathan Phillips Square, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto.

Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this evening attended the Invictus Games powerlifting at Mattamy Athletic Centre, 50 Carlton Street, Toronto.

Wonderful pictures of Harry in and around the games. As soon as I saw the headline for the Fail article, I left it unread. Its disgusting that they cannot focus on Harry and the games. Harry and Meghan are definitely not joined at the hip or need to be in each other's back pockets 24/7.

Wonderful pictures of Harry in and around the games. As soon as I saw the headline for the Fail article, I left it unread. Its disgusting that they cannot focus on Harry and the games. Harry and Meghan are definitely not joined at the hip or need to be in each other's back pockets 24/7.

Yes, unfortunately it's hard for them to understand that Meghan has a job of her own and can't be available all the time. Or that Harry has a job to do, and can't have his girlfriend with him all the time as he does that job.

Court Circular 26/9

26th September, 2017
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, today attended the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 in Ontario, Canada:

His Royal Highness this morning attended the cycling in High Park, Toronto.

Prince Henry of Wales this afternoon attended the golf at St George’s Golf Club, 1668 Islington Avenue, Etobicoke.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Reception at CN Tower, 301 Front Street West, Toronto.

Prince Henry of Wales later attended the indoor rowing at Mattamy Athletic Centre, 50 Carlton Street, Toronto.

Very excited to watch the games tonight while working!

Indoor Rowing:
These guys are amazing! I would’ve given up already. Too tired!

Last edited:
Prince Harry's remarks at the Opening Ceremonies:

Promotional video that's very informative in the lead-up to 2017 Invictus Games:
Prince Harry: Journey to Invictus

It's amazing what these people have been through and to come to the games and give it their all is very inspiring. Their mental strength is unbelievable

It's all magical isn't it? Some of the locales are airconditioned, others not, (I noticed in one photo Harry was wiping the sweat from his forehead while watching the golf.) Yet all these competitors have such grit, such determination, they put 110% of themselves into striving for themselves and their team. It's just wonderful.

Plus, I know Harry never wants this to be about him. However, IMO, in his warmhearted encouragement, his enthusiasm and his energy he is really at his best at the Invictus Games. I think he really is inspired by the strength and courage he sees all around him.

:previous: This is what the Invictus Games are all about. Its why the emphasis is on "I AM". This is one of the stories of exceptional men and women that have found ways to not only get on with their lives after devastating things happen to them but live life to its fullest.

Thanks jacqui for finding this. :flowers:

Closing ceremony is the 30th, Sat. Headliners are K Clarkson, Bachman and Turner, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen and Coeur de Pirate. AND OF COURSE, THE ATHLETES, TEAMS and their families. :canflag2::canflag::canflag2:

I'm using the Canadian flag because I think the host country has been doing a marvelous job!

Questions: The Invictus Games were in Toronto last year, and are in Toronto this year. Someone has suggested it would be elsewhere next year. How does that work? Is it just where Harry can get it hosted, or is there some rotating location cycle in mind? Also, was last year the first Invictus Games? Is Prince Harry a facilitator for the Games or the prime mover, the one with the idea? Many thanks for clarity. :flowers:

Questions: The Invictus Games were in Toronto last year, and are in Toronto this year. Someone has suggested it would be elsewhere next year. How does that work? Is it just where Harry can get it hosted, or is there some rotating location cycle in mind? Also, was last year the first Invictus Games? Is Prince Harry a facilitator for the Games or the prime mover, the one with the idea? Many thanks for clarity. :flowers:

The Invictus Games so far

2014 - London, England
2015 - No games held in 2015 to allow time for the 2016 host, Orlando, to
plan and raise funds.
2016 - Orlando, Florida
2017 - Toronto, Canada
2018 - Sydney, Australia

:previous: Why am I under the impression that Meghan and Harry met in Toronto last July at the Invictus Games? Also, how is Harry involved? As the one with the idea, or as a facilitator who came on board after the fact? :flowers:

P.S. Thank you, Osipi, for the information. :flowers:

:previous: Why am I under the impression that Meghan and Harry met in Toronto last July at the Invictus Games? Also, how is Harry involved? As the one with the idea, or as a facilitator who came on board after the fact? :flowers:

P.S. Thank you, Osipi, for the information. :flowers:
You might want to check the Wikipedia page. Harry initiated it based on the Warrior Games he visited in 2013 in Colorado Springs.

Harry announced that the 2017 Invictus Games were to be held in Toronto in March 2016 and made a pre-visit to Toronto in May 2017. He may have visited a few more times after that as part of the preparation phase; maybe that is why you are confused?

My understanding is the I.G. are Harry's brainchild and that he was introduced to her by a friend of hers (the one sitting with her at the opening of this games this year)

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom