The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a typical guy move! lol

LaRae

Lol, waking up to Harry's face isn't something this young man will never forget.

Last edited:
The waking the sleeping guy was hilarious. :lol: Would have been quite the shock to wake up to Prince Harry's face ?

Again seeing what love about Harry. He is so good with people. I love watching his tours (his dad's too).

Everyone all set to watch the opening ceremonies? Going to have snacks and drinks all set and ready and watch it on my monitor here. If you're looking for a place to view it online, I'll be watching it on CTV.

https://www.ctv.ca/invictusgames2017

Everyone all set to watch the opening ceremonies? Going to have snacks and drinks all set and ready and watch it on my monitor here. If you're looking for a place to view it online, I'll be watching it on CTV.

https://www.ctv.ca/invictusgames2017

Thanks for the link. It can also be viewed on the ESPN App too.

I see the DM has described it as Melania's first solo overseas visit.

And here I had no idea that Toronto was overseas; I thought it was on the same continent as the US! I'd better brush up on geography. :lol:

Last edited:
I see the DM has described it as Melania's first solo overseas visit.

And here I had no idea that Toronto was overseas; I though it was on the same continent as the US! I'd better brush up on geography. :lol:

Well... we know how the Fail loves to exaggerate. Perhaps getting to Toronto, Melania had to fly over the Great Lakes. With exaggeration, the Fail could have made those lakes be seas. Hence overseas.

If the Fail truly means that Canada is overseas from the US, then I spent a lot of my young adulthood going overseas (or would it be underseas) from Detroit through the tunnel over to Windsor, Ontario. ?

What a cute event! I can't wait to see him with his own little ones (hopefully soon)!

Those are great pics with he and the kids..you can just imagine him with George and Charlotte!

LaRae

Y'know, its really hard to tell who has having the better time. Harry or little Daimy driving the car. Harry just has a way of becoming totally immersed in whatever it is he's doing. Not one at all for sedateness as he waves a stuffed bear (I think its a bear) when driving around with an adult.

That's our Harry!

:previous:
Harry just makes the world a much better place for all of us! :flowers:

Whatever it is that he has shines thru even in print. So glad to see him as he is now from how it was in his 20's.

LaRae

That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Harry is having the best time here, he's just great and the driver is having a wonderful time too, completely at ease.

He sure has a wonderful rapport with children.

Apart from being a wonderful personal trait in itself, (Which also says a lot about a person's character. - You can't fool small children and dogs IMO.) it's worth gold PR-wise! Both for Harry himself, but certainly also for the BRF and whatever event he attends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the video and the article. It really gave more of a background to a very precious moment. Daimy definitely has a good friend in Harry and he'll be someone she remembers for all of her life.

Whenever Harry gets involved in something, one can be sure that he's going to be *very* involved. Not only just at these games but all the little things that have occurred leading up to these games.

I'm willing to go on record right here and now before the opening ceremonies start tonight that I'd bet my last cold turkey sandwich that there will be children very much involved in the opening ceremony. I just can't picture Harry being involved with this and *not* having kids in it. These games are not just centered on the competing athletes but it seems to be a family affair for a lot of them. :D

I know the Toronto organising committee is very proud.

Everyone is very proud. Founder Harry and the Toronto people and the Toronto Committee is proud. Justin Trudeau is so proud he wore red socks as part of his pride in Canada and the Canadian team. Everyone is as proud as punch about everything. This is going to be a great IG.

I've a question here. The Invictus Games are solely Harry's passion and something he put into motion. This year, its being held in Toronto, Canada. I'm sure Harry will be very visible at these games but I'm wondering if any of the events surrounding these Invictus Games would be classified as "official" events (as in listed in the Court Circular). As its on Canadian soil, wouldn't anything "official" have to be on the invite of the Canadian government?

I just checked the Court Circular and there's no mention of Prince Harry opening the Invictus Games in Toronto. I wonder if that will get updated later on but as of right now, it's not there.

Last edited by a moderator:
An opening ceremony without Prince Henry of Wales is like a car without an engine. Harry most certainly will be at the opening ceremony. :D

Wow.. the UK team presence is huge! Well done, UK!

ETA: So is the US!

Credit to both nations!

Last edited:
Meghan is at the opening ceremony. According to reports, she’s seated a section away from Harry.

I just checked the Court Circular and there's no mention of Prince Harry opening the Invictus Games in Toronto. I wonder if that will get updated later on but as of right now, it's not there.

The Court Circular for events on a Saturday and Sunday is always published in the Times on the Monday, therefore tonights opening ceremony will be published on 25th.

When the royal website chooses to publish it is anyone's guess.

None of the Invictus dates have been published in the Royal Diary

Reactions: hel
The Court Circular for events on a Saturday and Sunday is always published in the Times on the Monday, therefore tonights opening ceremony will be published on 25th.

When the royal website chooses to publish it is anyone's guess.

None of the Invictus dates have been published in the Royal Diary

Does he consider it a private event...so that's why?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom