The Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so exciting! I like the glimpse of what we’ve seen so far. I happy for the terrific charity, Smart Works & this project will be good for the retailers too.

I’m looking forward to purchasing from the collection for myself & hopefully a good way to start some Christmas shopping too.

Moving on, glad to see that the Duchess is smiling broadly during photo taking sessions at the work clothes charity she supports (can't remember the name, other board members might know but please don't post angry comments about my memory disruption:lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that Meghan came out with her Smart Works fashion line. She is not going to hide behind palace walls or curl up in a ball in a corner at Frogmore. And if she played demure duchess like some people think she should she would have been dragged for that. This is never complain never explain 2.0.

I didn't think it was her fashion line, I have seen a couple of posters on here referring to her collection or her fashion line.

It is a terrific idea, publicity for the cause and the companies involved.

Meghans involvement will give it an added boost, no question of that.

It has been getting amazing coverage. I saw segments on NBC, ABC and CNN. Not to mention the Vogue feature. The CEO talks about how many more women have came in for help and how many people have been donating to them or wanting to get involved in some way. Very happy for all the women involved.

It’s amazing to see the great response for Smart Works & learn how they’ve been able to help many more women. I can definitely see many positive influences from this project.

“..Smart Works says it dressed 27% more women this July than the previous year as it got a boost from Markle’s involvement as a royal patron.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-and-spencer-clothing-unit/ar-AAFb2of?ocid=st

It’s amazing to see the great response for Smart Works & learn how they’ve been able to help many more women. I can definitely see many positive influences from this project.

“..Smart Works says it dressed 27% more women this July than the previous year as it got a boost from Markle’s involvement as a royal patron.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-and-spencer-clothing-unit/ar-AAFb2of?ocid=st

That’s great! May Smart Works continue to gain success and all the women that’s benefiting from the organization.

“The Duchess of Sussex will launch the @SmartWorksHQ capsule collection on September 12, in collaboration with @Jigsaw @jlandpartners and her friend @mishanonoo in support of the charity of which Meghan is patron, that helps women back into the workplace”

Meghan is giving a speech and watching a panel. And with that they are all officially back.

Very exciting for Smart Works and no doubt this will be a HUGE boost for them!

Last edited:
In the famous words of The Pointer Sisters - “I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it.” It’s going to be good to see Meghan officially back at work and launching this brilliant collaboration for Smart Works.

REMINDER:
Guess who’s officially back from maternity leave tomorrow? I can’t wait.

Already? My goodness! I really hope for the sake of the women who are helped by Smart Works that this collection will be a great success

These are decent price points for the collection (in line with what most folks I know in my line of work pay for professional clothing) and very simple but versatile pieces that will work for many different body types.

A+ job to Meghan, the Smart Works crew and the designers.

This was an excellent launch! I loved everything that was offered. I loved her speech, especially when she broke down the difference between charity and community. That spoke deeply to me because I’ve done that, but never thought about it being about the community. Just amazing stuff from Meghan. I’m proud of her as a fellow American and a black woman. Well done, DoS!

This was an excellent launch! I loved everything that was offered. I loved her speech, especially when she broke down the difference between charity and community. That spoke deeply to me because I’ve done that, but never thought about it being about the community. Just amazing stuff from Meghan. I’m proud of her as a fellow American and a black woman. Well done, DoS!

I agree with you Duchess Mia x

I don’t think any other news organisation has covered this as extensively as the DM with over 100 photos including the very dramatic photo of a big deep deep curtsey of welcome from what seems a John Lewis partner (not called an employee!) which is at odds with the company’s egalitarian ethos and as one commentator put it:
“I used to be a proper royalist but an elderly woman curtseying to someone who's husband is sixth in line to the throne is just wrong on so many levels in the 21st century. Starting to turn republican I think.”

Meghan at the Smart Works Collection launch-

A smashing success of a launch, I should say! I hope the collection continues to sell well.

Meghan is so articulate. I think this may be her best royal speech yet.

I saw a picture of a red striped shirt dress earlier today from the collection. Does anyone know where I can go to purchase it?

Sky News Report on Meghan’s Smart Works Collection Launch-

What a great successful launch for this clothing capsule. Meghan is such a captivating, great public speaker, and imho this project again showed how passionate she's about trying to do her part in helping others. I'm 100% sure this clothing capsule will sell out fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom