The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your views, except that after hearing Mr. Markle close-up, I tend to think he's simply sweet and clueless. I also believe that Meghan has been aware for some time that her father is a sweet clunker of a man who means well, but who has a tendency to make poor choices. It's also likely from what I've read and surmised that her Dad may have failed her on occasion in the past, but that she's always forgiven him and never forgotten his love, nurturing and emotional support throughout her life. We don't know how the interfering and whining siblings may have impacted Meghan's relationship with her father, particularly in the aftermath of her career success in Toronto.

Not sure if you've changed your mind in the course of this long thread discussing this one incident, but I agree with what you have said here. :flowers:

I saw at once what a wonderful father he must have been to Meghan (he really does come across as sweet and gentle), but I also detect that the siblings (namely Samantha) have unusual sway on what he thinks. Anyone else notice that the line he repeated about being part of history was exactly what Samantha had been saying? We can't know who said the line first, of course, but I could see Meghan keeping clear of her father once she saw him swinging into the orbit of Samantha (possibly).

Unlike others I see the transfer of money as nothing. I think this has Samantha's fingerprints all over it. What will be ghastly is if he starts accepting interview offers from other outlets.

When one is clearly seeing less than aware people I do think the media has a responsibility to pull back. These people have nothing to do with Meghan as an actress, and nothing to do with her as a royal. Walk on. Leave these people alone, they clearly can't handle the spotlight. In this sense the spectacle is the media's fault because if they weren't willing it wouldn't be happening. :sad:

P.S. If there was ever any conversation about him coming to visit with the royals I think he just quashed that from ever happening. He pretty much cooked his goose, I think. Meghan can never trust him, though she likely never could because of Samantha's influence with the father. If it's true what I think may have happened between father and daughter, poor Meghan.

Last edited by a moderator:
£40,000 or 30 pieces of silver - it’s a pittance compared to what he has done.
By selling his daughter out he has opened the flood gates, the press will be on him w/ offers of $$ going forward, until he has nothing left to share. That nothing will inevitably be caused by his daughter’s distancing her life from his for self preservation. It’s about setting healthy boundaries which is so essential when dealing with family who refuse to respect your right to control your own life. Meghan told him to not talk to the press about her relationship with Harry. That was a boundary she set. Her father chose to cross that boundary. She’ll need to build a wall now.

I watched it and I don't agree with you. I see zero sweet about this man and frankly hardly have. I don't think he is any different than Samantha and Thomas Jr. He is just as shady and manipulative. He plays off this "Oh gee I am old man who doesn't know any better" but he does and he proves it when he does stuff like calls TMZ or Piers Morgan behind his daughter's back. Sorry. He doesn't fool me whatsoever.

Give me a break. He is a grown man. If his daughter asked him to respect her privacy and NOT talk to the press then do it. The fact he went against her wishes just proves how little he respects her. And that is enough of a reason for me to hope she walks away from him. Freedom of speech. Please. That is his excuse for betraying his daughter. Fascinating.

I have read this entire issue here today an tonight and I must say that I totally agree with you 100% on Mr. Markle Sr, you fool me once you better not do it again for then you will be out of my life period father or no father. Betrayal by a family member is the worst of all kinds IMHO. This is now Meghan's and Harry's life and they are in a tough position being in a royal family as everything they do outside their own home is viewed by the media and public, you do not want family talking to the media misinterpreting your life and what you do.......if Meghan is as tough as Prince Charles thinks she is then she will do fine, maybe in cutting the cord of family from the Markle's all together would be what I would do in her position for after all she is now married to Harry and the BRF who are and should be more important then the Markle's who do nothing but betray her in every way.

*IF*Mr. Markle clearly loved and respected his daughter and Harry then he would of done as they ask him, DO NO TALK TO THE MEDIA, doing what he did *clearly* shows he has NO RESPECT FOR HIS DAUGHTER OR HARRY NOR THE ROYAL FAMILY and he got paid to talk is the same as his daughter Samantha.......this is *family betrayal in the highest form. It is okay to try and see the good in everyone yet when the blinders are on and time and time again the same thing happens over again and again, how can you not see what this man did....he also betrayed TMZ ......the man is not to be trusted in my eyes...just like Sam and Jr.

Last edited:
I'm thinking, that blaming this on Samantha is just giving Thomas Snr another leeway out, another excuse to scheme his way out of any personal responsibility. I think he has relied and leaned on Samantha, because he likes her way of doing things. He agrees with her. Samantha has from October 2016 trashed Meghan in very public way in any way possible. She has used her twitter, she has given spoken and written interviews, all of it. There's no way Thomas Snr isn't aware, but he still goes to Samantha for advice, on all things Meghan, and that tells a lot. It also tells a lot, that he didn't say one word on this interview to defend Meghan against the harassment of his other two children. The floor was open to him, so much so, that he would bring up Trump and Brexit. But not a word.

Thomas Snr had two ways of doing things, two options. He got plenty of legit advice, genuine offers from Meghan and Harry, using all the tools possible at their approach. Legal threats to the tabloids. Security guards. Offers to fly him to the wedding by Harry's army contacts. Advised not to talk to the press.

And then there were Samantha's and his own ideas. Make a paid deal with the paparazzi. Stage pictures to paint an image. When that blew up to hs face, he contacted TMZ. He spilled information about his phone calls with Meghan, details about her texts. He gave updates about his opinions re the wedding. Then, when things had settled down, the paparazzi weren't 'harassing' him, a month after the wedding, he gives a very detailed, long, paid interview to Piers Morgan. About all things Meghan, Harry, Doria. Nothing about Samantha and Thomas Jr. He goes against specific request from Meghan to not talk about her to the press. He shrugs his shoulders 'I hope she understands'.

That's not Samantha. That's Thomas Snr. Sure Samantha is there to whisper in his ear, giving him ideas, but he follows through the advice he likes, and agrees with.

About the money paid for the interview. Its very possible that Mr. Markle realizes that he wasn't being paid to speak in an interview but that compensation for speaking is an acceptable form in the entertainment business. Having worked on TV shows, he'd most likely know that if anyone has a speaking part in anything televised, they are paid and compensated for it. Its kind of a "law of the land" kind of thing put into contracts.

This wasn't a "man on the street" interview where Tom Sr., was approached unaware of what was happening. Most likely, before anything went into production, it was talked over and a contract signed by both parties and the interview went ahead. What didn't happen was that Thomas Markle was prepared ahead of time of what questions were going to be asked and he didn't think of stating that there were areas he would refuse to comment on. He was not media savvy enough to control the interview and got blindsided quite a bit by that interview. Meghan, living for years in the land of sharks and pirhanas would have smelled them a mile away. Her father didn't. In this respect, I think Meghan would realize just how her father got a bit bamboozled into something that totally put him in a bad light and his words are getting twisted and turned into opposite meanings of what he was trying to say.

Mr. Magoo startled in the headlights. That still rings true for me. :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mr....Q7AkIRA&biw=1074&bih=554#imgrc=Eb8Uv4j6YlnuoM:

This time I totally disagree with you 100%, Mr. Markle Sr is a man of the world, he worked in that industry for decades and even if he did not sit in an office working on contracts he knew the lay of the land .......taking money showed me he is just like Sam and Jr......and showed his total disrespect for Meghan and Harry and the BRF.

I will say this: if we take Markle Sr at his word, which is hard to do at this juncture, it is clear that Harry has been an extremely supportive partner from the start. That has to be such a comfort to Meghan. It is as it should be, of course. I am glad that Harry is really trying to take Meghan's lead even though I am sure he was livid about the wedding week shenanigans her dad pulled.

*IF*Mr. Markle clearly loved and respected his daughter and Harry then he would of done as they ask him, DO NO TALK TO THE MEDIA, doing what he did *clearly* shows he has NO RESPECT FOR HIS DAUGHTER OR HARRY NOR THE ROYAL FAMILY and he got paid to talk is the same as his daughter Samantha.......this is *family betrayal in the highest form. It is okay to try and see the good in everyone yet when the blinders are on and time and time again the same thing happens over again and again, how can you not see what this man did....he also betrayed TMZ ......the man is not to be trusted in my eyes...just like Sam and Jr.

My understanding of what was said regarding the do not talk to the press is it's advice for him on dealing with the press. Not necessarily do it for them. If in his view, what they are telling him isn't working, he would choose to do otherwise. I'm afraid he's terribly wrong on that and it's only going to get worse from here on out. But everyone makes their own decisions, and they must live with the consequences. OTOH, I'm still quite uncomfortable with classifying him with his older children as they quite simply just want to lash out at Meghan. We can say that Tom Markle doesn't have a good comprehension of something that's much bigger than himself and the concept of self-sacrificing for the greater good, but he's not lashing out at his child because he's not getting his way.

I will say this: if we take Markle Sr at his word, which is hard to do at this juncture, it is clear that Harry has been an extremely supportive partner from the start. That has to be such a comfort to Meghan. It is as it should be, of course. I am glad that Harry is really trying to take Meghan's lead even though I am sure he was livid about the wedding week shenanigans her dad pulled.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid they might have blamed themselves or even felt guilty about Tom Markle's situation the week of the wedding as they seemed to bend over backwards to make it better for him even until the very end.

My understanding of what was said regarding the do not talk to the press is it's advice for him on dealing with the press. Not necessarily do it for them. If in his view, what they are telling him isn't working, he would choose to do otherwise. I'm afraid he's terribly wrong on that and it's only going to get worse from here on out. But everyone makes their own decisions, and they must live with the consequences. OTOH, I'm still quite uncomfortable with classifying him with his older children as they quite simply just want to lash out at Meghan. We can say that Tom Markle doesn't have a good comprehension of something that's much bigger than himself and the concept of self-sacrificing for the greater good, but he's not lashing out at his child because he's not getting his way.

If Mr. M Sr was given advice by Meghan, Harry or KP to NOT talk to the media and did it anyhow.......that shows me he has NO respect for his daughter or Harry regardless of what he said......in advising someone to NOT talk to the media means just that.....*Do Not Talk To The Media Period*. I have expected this from Sam or Jr but from her father, NO I did not and this is a what I would say ......A Huge Slap in the Face to Meghan and Harry!

Mr. Markle is not some dumb man doing nothing with his life, he worked in the entertainment industry most of his life, he is savoy and worldly, he knows better. Being retired an living in Mexico is not excuse IMHO here. He knows the lay of the land, the way the world works, he is intelligent enough to live on his own in a foreign country......nor is he a pauper with 2 homes, one in Ca and one in Mexico......I do not buy this sympathy for him at all.....he made money on this....I would bet if he needed money and Meghan knew it, she would gladly help in any way she could....she does not strike me as selfish nor uncaring at all......yet he goes out and does this *BEHIND* her back, what is that? I call that stabbing her in the back and taking the 30 pieces of silver......

I agree, he's not lashing out at Meghan, but he's pretty much taken the approach of 'Who cares about them, who cares about the consequences to her, WHAT ABOUT MY IMAGE?!?'

IMHO, perhaps he's been too coddled for a long while. He hasn't had to face consequences of his own actions. Like when he made that whole unnecessary drama, the week leading to Meghan's wedding, the press, Meghan and Harry, almost everyone, was so sympathetic towards him. Samantha publicly took the blame. He became the poor victim of the press, Meghan and Harry were blamed for his situation, for not doing this and that, for not forcing him to come to UK, for not forcing a visit on him etc etc. And now he's praised as a genuine man, a loving father. He just sold his daughter out to the press, and all the reporters ignore that, and he's applauded again.

IMHO his nonchalant attitude about how Meghan and Harry will react to him giving this interview, scheming behind their backs, and revealing private information, is very telling. 'I hope they understand, my image.' And he still expects to be flown to see the Queen, to be in the lives of Meghan's children. He still expects to be applauded, and someone else to face the consequences of his recent actions.

If Mr. M Sr was given advice by Meghan, Harry or KP to NOT talk to the media and did it anyhow.......that shows me he has NO respect for his daughter or Harry regardless of what he said......in advising someone to NOT talk to the media means just that.....*Do Not Talk To The Media Period*. I have expected this from Sam or Jr but from her father, NO I did not and this is a what I would say ......A Huge Slap in the Face to Meghan and Harry!

Mr. Markle is not some dumb man doing nothing with his life, he worked in the entertainment industry most of his life, he is savoy and worldly, he knows better. Being retired an living in Mexico is not excuse IMHO here. He knows the lay of the land, the way the world works, he is intelligent enough to live on his own in a foreign country......nor is he a pauper with 2 homes, one in Ca and one in Mexico......I do not buy this sympathy for him at all.....he made money on this....I would bet if he needed money and Meghan knew it, she would gladly help in any way she could....she does not strike me as selfish nor uncaring at all......yet he goes out and does this *BEHIND* her back, what is that? I call that stabbing her in the back and taking the 30 pieces of silver......

I've never thought someone not taking the advice on how to deal with things in their life as disrespectful. It just means they disagreed. Right or wrong. And everyone has the right to make decisions for their lives.

And we fundamentally disagree with Tom Markle being worldly or sophisticated in any way. He struck me as a rather introverted man who would probably be able to have an intelligent conversation about technical issues, but perhaps not the best person on complex human relationship issues. He worked in the industry, but always remained in the background. He wasn't involved with any shows where they would've had to deal with the media in people's personal life extensively. I'm not sure what Married With Children's situation was, but that was in another era where the media was much different. And General Hospital wasn't on ANY tabloid's radar with any of its actors.

As you said, money isn't an issue here as Meghan would've taken care of things if needed. Tom Markle has said as much in one of his TMZ comments. The truth isn't likely that he's being taken advantage of and it isn't likely that he's trying to inflict pain on his daughter. It's likely somewhere in between for a man who obviously hasn't always made the best decisions and isn't a very strong man in terms of willpower. He did give what KP told him a try for awhile, but it didn't work. What he seems to not understand is that this isn't going away no matter what. The public wants to a paint a picture of him that was already decided before they even found him, and they will continue to peddle that. Talking only muddles the water. Hopefully now that he's tried to do that in all different levels of media credibility spectrum, he'd finally learn that it's a stupid decision.

I agree, he's not lashing out at Meghan, but he's pretty much taken the approach of 'Who cares about them, who cares about the consequences to her, WHAT ABOUT MY IMAGE?!?'

IMHO his nonchalant attitude about how Meghan and Harry will react to him giving this interview, scheming behind their backs, and revealing private information, is very telling. 'I hope they understand, my image.' And he still expects to be flown to see the Queen, to be in the lives of Meghan's children. He still expects to be applauded, and someone else to face the consequences of his recent actions.

I may have initially been sympathetic to him because of his heart troubles around the time of the wedding. However, he has been told not to talk to the press and has continued to ignore them and has instead followed the advice of the person who has done everything she can to hurt Meghan. As another poster pointed out, when interviewed, he has never criticized his other children for publicly trashing Meghan. As a parent, he doesn't seem to care about the negative effect on his daughter and her husband and has disrespected them. He has made his choices and Meghan's feelings and best interests don't matter to him.

I don't excuse this behaviour because of his age (I'm not that much younger than he is and I would never treat my child this way.) I think he's very selfish.

I've never thought someone not taking the advice on how to deal with things in their life as disrespectful. It just means they disagreed. Right or wrong. And everyone has the right to make decisions for their lives.

I completely disagree with this. Thomas Snr was advised not to talk to the press. He not only ignored the advice, he took it 200 notches higher, and revealed probably every private conversation he ever had with Meghan about Harry. And every conversation he had with Harry. His decision to ignore the wishes of Meghan is not only disrespectful, but a betrayal of her trust. And the money he took tops it all.

IMHO, perhaps he's been too coddled for a long while. He hasn't had to face consequences of his own actions. Like when he made that whole unnecessary drama, the week leading to Meghan's wedding, the press, Meghan and Harry, almost everyone, was so sympathetic towards him. Samantha publicly took the blame. He became the poor victim of the press, Meghan and Harry were blamed for his situation, for not doing this and that, for not forcing him to come to UK, for not forcing a visit on him etc etc. And now he's praised as a genuine man, a loving father. He just sold his daughter out to the press, and all the reporters ignore that, and he's applauded again.

I don't think he's thinking beyond the bolded part. And that's the ultimate irony here. What he's not seeing is the interpretation people make beyond the words he speaks despite if he says nice things about Harry and Meghan. And I don't think he realizes that his actions are actually having a negative impact on it, at least not before he does it. His way of thinking is that if I SHOW them that I'm doing this and that, then they'll see I'm not how the media paints me as. It's a rather simple way of thinking, and not a thorough examination of why people look at those photos. What he's failing to grasp at here is that those photos merely serve as confirmation bias for what a lot of people were already saying about him based on where he lives, his past bankruptcy, and general picture that was already painted of him before the paparazzi found him. I don't think he's seeing that his actions is actually contributing to that negative light the media has tried to portray him in in the first place. I genuinely believe he takes how he is viewed in public quite seriously because of his pride and stubbornness. It really hurt his feelings when they showed him buying cigarettes and beers and toilet and mocked him.

As for the coddling, I have no idea about Samantha situation. And quite frankly, I find it to have little relevance. Ultimately, it IS Tom Markle that decides what to do despite Samantha stirring the pot. What seems to me is that Meghan coddled Tom last time. He said he apologized, but nowhere did I hear him say they were upset with him. Rather they bent over backwards to make him feel like it's not his fault and still wanted to roll out the welcome carpet for him with no consequence. I do feel like there is some level of guilt from The Sussexes here about what they have unwilling brought into Tom's life and the distress it has caused him. However, that's got to stop. They need to separate the fact that he didn't ask for the media invasion that came with the relationship and how he's being an idiot about this. I agree that he needs to face public and private consequences for this. Everybody else has had to live with the consequences of his actions. I'm just realistic about what type of consequences it'll entail, and I just don't see Meghan cutting him out of her life completely for it. I think at this point, their relationship is more of a reversal where the child acts as the parent and caretaker to tell him it's ok when it blows up in his face.

@jacqui24

I'm not going to copy your last post, but I am replying to that.

I think Snr is very single minded and selfish. He doesn't even try to look past the 'How this affects me' way of looking at things. Which has been clear from his actions for a while. And I find it mind boggling, how he gets lauded as a great, loving, caring, genuine father. IMHO he cares for himself.

As for Meghan coddling him the last time. I see it from her perspective. Because of her choice of life partner, her father gets harassed. He didn't like how he was portrayed, so he staged a few paparazzi pictures. No big deal. He got caught, panicked, and went to TMZ to clear up his image, again. Then Meghan found out through TMZ, that her father had a heart attack. IMHO that wasn't the time to come barrels down on him, and imho it showed what a big hearted woman Meghan is, being able to look past her own pain, and just fully support her father, and ask the press to do the same. I didn't see that as coddling.

This situation imho is completely different. There has been no pressure on Thomas Snr. He seeked out Piers, agreed on a payment, hid it all from Meghan, and divulged into a lot of private information, breaking her and Harry's trust. He gave a freeking one hour interview, detailing into Meghan's uterus, their discussions about Harry from two years ago until now, how he asked for his blessing for marriage etc etc. This wasn't a panicky situation, it wasn't a reaction to situations. Thomas Snr built this one on his own, knowing it would hurt Meghan.

I personally think, that while Meghan won't completely cut her father out of her life, the phone calls will be less frequent, there won't be personal discussions, there won't be meetings etc. And Thomas Markle totally deserves it.

:previous:
Absolutely totally agree with you, his *Betrayal of Meghan's Trust* is what gets me in all this. When you say you love someone, care about them, put their wishes above your own, then do this......to me it is a such a disrespectful and dirty way of showing that love........TRUST between 2 people is one the most important issues between 2 people be they friends, family or whatever.....you do not betray that trust ever.......Mr. Markle Sr betrayed that *Trust* and did it more then once.....kick his butt to the curb, do not take his calls, cut the cord and do whatever but do not let him back into your life period. Is that hard or cold...IMHO, that is called survival for your own good. And then to take $$$$$$$$ for it..........:bang::bang::bang:

Last edited:
For me, it's not just that he is betraying her trust but that he from the beginning sided with those people (paps, tabloid reporters) that have harrassed Harry's mother so much. I believe that Meghan and Harry shared their pasts with each other and help each other coping. And then Meghan's father does the one thing Harry and William hate the most!
But I think it was pretty clear to Harry at least that this man has to be held at a distance and that's why Meghan and Harry never visited. For surely pics of the three of them together would have given Markle's claims much more weight. IMHO, of course.

IMHO it's not a complex situation at all. Meghan asked him not to talk to the press. Respect that. He talked to the press, talked about private conversations backing up to almost two years ago, and took money for it. I don't think he's stupid, he knew it was wrong, he just didn't care. Not once have I seen him worry about how this is affecting Meghan, just himself.
I think you nailed it Cocoasneeze.

Now he is playing Meghan again, telling private conversations to Piers rotten Morgan of all people! Just think, if and when Meghan falls pregnant she will want to share it with those she loves but she won't be able to tell her father because he'll probably call that direct line to TMZ. In fact, every single word they say would have to be watched. I mean Trump? Brexit?

Unfortunately, I don't see Meghan and Harry's relationship with Thomas flourishing. He keeps coming back to being harassed by media because of M & H yet he wasn't really on their radar until he wanted to be. It's just a guilt trip he is laying at their feet and since he has contacted dear Piers himself. There has to be money involved and I think he may have bigger expectations.

Edit: TV is on and the "interview" played and I realised that Thomas had Angioplasty to insert stents. Day surgery and very common. I went for a diagnostic Angiogram because everything else was clear. It turned into Angioplasty with three stents which is Day Surgery. I suppose he could have suffered depression from learning he had dodged a bullet which is quite common I am told.

I think you nailed it Cocoasneeze.

Now he is playing Meghan again, telling private conversations to Piers rotten Morgan of all people! Just think, if and when Meghan falls pregnant she will want to share it with those she loves but she won't be able to tell her father because he'll probably call that direct line to TMZ. In fact, every single word they say would have to be watched. I mean Trump? Brexit?

Unfortunately, I don't see Meghan and Harry's relationship with Thomas flourishing. He keeps coming back to being harassed by media because of M & H yet he wasn't really on their radar until he wanted to be. It's just a guilt trip he is laying at their feet and since he has contacted dear Piers himself. There has to be money involved and I think he may have bigger expectations.

Edit: TV is on and the "interview" played and I realised that Thomas had Angioplasty to insert stents. Day surgery and very common. I went for a diagnostic Angiogram because everything else was clear. It turned into Angioplasty with three stents which is Day Surgery. I suppose he could have suffered depression from learning he had dodged a bullet which is quite common I am told.

^ This ^.. EVERY word of it..

@maia and Jacqui you make good points about the VF event. It just rubbed me the wrong way because she would never have gotten a cover if she wasn't dating Harry so it came off to me like she was benefiting from the situation. I didn't think about it being a favor for Suits because she was leaving and hadn't been promoting the show.

‘Rachel’ from Suits would never get a VF cover. Meghan Markle girlfriend of Prince Harry would get a cover.

I think even the most ardent Meghan supporters would acknowledge that. So I was in the camp of it was the wrong thing to do.

Last edited:
Meghan from Suits also wouldn't have got herself harassed by the paparazzi, her family, friends and colleagues badgered by reporters. One interview to Vanity Fair, after she did no promo and interviews during the whole duration of their dating time was imho nothing.

While both parents provided for Meghan as a child, there is nothing introverted or reclusive whatsoever about a man that goes out of his way to personally court the media and public attention at his daughter’s expense despite her pleas and the emotional pain this undoubtedly causes. Just shameless & equally selfish of a person who proves ever so often that he has more in common (behaviour-wise) with his older two offspring.

Exactly!
This man wanted to cash in, just like some of his children.
It's all about the money.

I think that, in future, he will see his daughter very rarely.

Meghan from Suits also wouldn't have got herself harassed by the paparazzi, her family, friends and colleagues badgered by reporters. One interview to Vanity Fair, after she did no promo and interviews during the whole duration of their dating time was imho nothing.

ITA. It was a nice, get to know you interview. A roll out of sorts for the future Duchess.

@Maia and Jacqui you make good points about the VF event. It just rubbed me the wrong way because she would never have gotten a cover if she wasn't dating Harry so it came off to me like she was benefiting from the situation. I didn't think about it being a favor for Suits because she was leaving and hadn't been promoting the show.

We can all agree that the cover was unusual both for a typical royal girlfriend and an actress on USA Network. But it wasn't usual circumstances she was living in. There hasn't been a royal girlfriend that's serious enough to be a future wife that has had a career that required them in front of the press in recent memory. And of course being Harry's girlfriend raised her profile and how many people knew her name, but not the person.

‘Rachel’ from Suits would never get a VF cover. Meghan Markle girlfriend of Prince Harry would get a cover.

I think even the most ardent Meghan supporters would acknowledge that. So I was in the camp of it was the wrong thing to do.
I see where you are coming from on this Rudolph, but it is a certainty that it was done with Harry's approval and, as Cocoasneeze pointed out it is not as if she did any promotion for "Suits". So I think she killed two birds with one stone and, in inviting as many of the cast, etc. to the wedding, they also reaped a publicity windfall.

If the media is unavoidable it's best to do it their way.

Exactly!
This man wanted to cash in, just like some of his children.
It's all about the money.

I think that, in future, he will see his daughter very rarely.

I think that he has seen his daughter very rarely in the past decade, and only once in the last couple of years, so I'll bet you're right if Meghan's pattern holds true.

Her dad probably long ago realized that he wasn't going to be seeing much of her in the future, maybe he even thought 'What do I have to lose? A non-existent relationship with someone who obviously doesn't care enough to even introduce me in person to her husband-to-be?'

Now he's crying all the way to the bank as they say.

There is probably a reason he wasn't introduced. It would seem the real important people in her life (mom, some co stars, close friends) all met Harry and some multiple times. It says a lot that Thomas never did. Then again his recent actions probably is exactly why he never did.

He was all about himself in that interview. "I need to fix my image." "I want to be party of history." He ran to the media to stroke his ego. Hope the check was worth it.

There is probably a reason he wasn't introduced. It would seem the real important people in her life (mom, some co stars, close friends) all met Harry and some multiple times. It says a lot that Thomas never did. Then again his recent actions probably is exactly why he never did.

He was all about himself in that interview. "I need to fix my image." "I want to be party of history." He ran to the media to stroke his ego. Hope the check was worth it.

But in Meghan's own words she's always been very close to her father, right? I agree, it says a lot that he's never met Harry, this relationship has been broken for a long time no matter how rosy Meghan wants to paint the picture.

I think that he has seen his daughter very rarely in the past decade, and only once in the last couple of years, so I'll bet you're right if Meghan's pattern holds true.

Her dad probably long ago realized that he wasn't going to be seeing much of her in the future, maybe he even thought 'What do I have to lose? A non-existent relationship with someone who obviously doesn't care enough to even introduce me in person to her husband-to-be?'

Now he's crying all the way to the bank as they say.

And yesterday proved exactly why the relationship between Meghan and her father is not as close as with her mother. While Meghan cares for her father, she has found it necessary to keep her distance.

The one good thing that came out of yesterday was to show Harry and the BRF exactly the type of person that they are dealing with in Markle Snr and it put them on their guard to keep their private life to themselves. Could you imagine the information that he would have revealed if he had met Harry face to face? Or even if he had attended the wedding, especially the private reception?

Yes...I agree that in hindsight that it was a blessing in disguise that he could not attend the wedding....I would think that the BRF are thankful for that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom