Staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Samantha is doing the tour per correspondents. Seems she just sticking around for the foreseeable future.

I remember reading that they were trying to persuade Samantha to stay on from Meghan's first engagement. She is obviously a woman of integrity and a dream to work with.

When Sir Christopher Geiht ran afoul of Charles and Andrew HM, not surprisingly, backed her son's and so he tendered his resignation. Samantha, as his deputy, resigned in solidarity but our wily Queen asked her to stay on working with Harry and Meghan to help Meghan get ready to become a member of the firm. She obliged and then the Sussexes were moving to Windsor and she stayed on, then Meghan was pregnant . . . . .

Perhaps Samantha is happy with the respect of HM and a totally new challenge working with the younger members, especially knowing that while Sir Christopher resigned, he was appointed head of the new Commonwealth department.

As per the Court Circular the queen appointed Geidt as her Permanent Lord in Waiting. And this occurred not long after his “resignation” (lol) - so he *still* is her right hand man for all intents and purposes.

I’m just so glad they now have Sara Latham as a major figure as part of their team.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is being reported in the Sunday Papers that Harry and Meghan have hired Fiona Mcilwham to be their joint private secretary.

She is a high level diplomat with the FCO, and was one of the youngest ambassadors to ever serve the UK (she was Ambassador to Albania).

It’s debatable whether a former ambassador to Albania is a ‘high level’ diplomat but regardless it’s good to have someone in place.

Interestingly they’re sharing a private secretary much like Edward and Sophie.

It’s debatable whether a former ambassador to Albania is a ‘high level’ diplomat but regardless it’s good to have someone in place.

An ambassador no matter where they are stationed is literally the highest level of diplomat you can achieve absent the top job of Sec or Minister itself. But, per usual with some I suppose.

She was also director of the balkans office too.

All in all, she sounds like a fairly traditional choice.

Edited to add DM Article. The media has been saying for months that Heather Wong left, but she has been with Harry on his last few public engagements so...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-diplomat-Fiona-Mcilwham-45-Team-Sussex.html

Last edited:
Sounds good. I've been wondering when this would happen.

If this is correct, it would be a terrific appointment. This lady has the credentials in diplomacy. I hope she's ready for the icy blasts delivered to the Sussexes from their critics in the media and elsewhere all the time, and can bring some stability to organising the Susexes' engagements throughout the year.

Sounds good. I've been wondering when this would happen.

If this is correct, it would be a terrific appointment. This lady has the credentials in diplomacy. I hope she's ready for the icy blasts delivered to the Sussexes from their critics in the media and elsewhere all the time, and can bring some stability to organising the Susexes' engagements throughout the year.

Sam Cohen stayed almost double the time she was suppose to, but I am glad they have someone else now.

Fiona is reportedly not slated to start until after the tour. Sam is helping with the tour. Sam will also remain in their orbit since she is on the board for the CW Trust.

Former ambassador to Albania and later head if the western Balnkans office, certainly high level dioplmat no matter the country sent to.

Her partner is Daniel Korski, a former senior advisor to Cameron and head of the company Public. Bit controversial especially around Uber debate.

Glad they found a good choice to replace Samantha. Bit surprised sharing one but there will likely be an under secratary or two.

How is she not a one? Can you explain?

She looks like a good fit for them. I wonder if she will keep her twitter account. I'm also not surprised they only have a joint PS. They have only had one this entire time and it has been just fine for them.

One supposed nanny was part-time, nights only, and one was seemingly incompetent. I'm glad they've found a person who seems ideal and can seamlessly fit into the Sussex family.

I like the query at the end of this report. 'Do you know this nanny?' Why? So the tabloid can find out something discreditable about this woman and publish it?

Last edited:

What else is new here? Another article full with innuendos to drive a certain narrative. It is funny how these so called nanny have no name.

And even if this were true though I believe it is not, any parent has the right to retain the services of a person they feel confortable with. Further, at that early stage these supposedly first 2 employees were not nannies, but rather most likely neonatal nurses

How can they assume this woman is the nanny? She could be head of the security detail. DM has earned the nickname the Fail.

Of course they are asking readers to ID her. Zero respect for privacy and yet folk surprised they wanted to keep the god parents a secret. This is why.

Also laughable they wrote a whole article about how amazing this nanny is and she is a godsend to Meghan while having zero clue who she is. They can keep that fiction.

Last edited:
Of course they are asking readers to ID her. Zero respect for privacy and yet folk surprised they wanted to keep the god parents a secret. This is why.

Also laughable they wrote a whole article about how amazing this nanny is and she is a godsend to Meghan while having zero clue who she is. They can keep that fiction.

They literally just make things up. It is insanity.

There is 0 reason we need to know information about their nanny or any royal nanny. Whoever she is, nanny or not, they need to leave her alone.

There is 0 reason we need to know information about their nanny or any royal nanny. Whoever she is, nanny or not, they need to leave her alone.

Very well said!

This is excellent news. Apparently in some nice rooms too.

I have read that Omid Scobie is quoting comments allegedly from Harry with regards his view on a nanny. ' not Mary Poppins' using a comparison to the nanny of the Cambridge family.
I do not know how reliable his reports are but comments like this do not help any ' feuds'.
I do not actually know who he is to be honest.

I have read that Omid Scobie is quoting comments allegedly from Harry with regards his view on a nanny. ' not Mary Poppins' using a comparison to the nanny of the Cambridge family.
I do not know how reliable his reports are but comments like this do not help any ' feuds'.
I do not actually know who he is to be honest.

Nanny Maria has rarely worn her uniform over the past 5+ years she's been with the Cambridges, so that is silly and doesn't seem a valid issue. And if the Cambridges had had an issue with her wearing it, she probably would have worn street clothes like usual.

And Mary Poppins never wore a uniform.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/author/219187/omid-scobie/

"Omid Scobie is a London-based journalist and editor who has extensively covered the lives of the younger members of the British Royal Family for over seven years."

Last edited:
Nanny Maria has rarely worn her uniform over the past 5+ years she's been with the Cambridges, so that is silly and doesn't seem a valid issue. And if the Cambridges had had an issue with her wearing it, she probably would have worn street clothes like usual.

And Mary Poppins never wore a uniform.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/author/219187/omid-scobie/

"Omid Scobie is a London-based journalist and editor who has extensively covered the lives of the younger members of the British Royal Family for over seven years."

I have only seen photographs of her in uniform at Charlotte's christening, the point I was making is that reports like this encourage the ' feud ' scenario and are not helpful.

I read elsewhere Maria has only been seen wearing the uniform twice since she went to work for the Cambridges.

LaRae

:previous: The other being Pippa's wedding interestingly enough. She was in street clothes for Harry and Meghan's.

Not that I believe the rumors, think its more feeding the feud, but if the comment was real I doubt it meant about the uniform. But more about the very traditional view of a nanny. Perhaps in response to not wanting a Norland nanny who may be seen by some as being more stiff and formal.

The uniform was worn during formal royal occasions. That’s just formal dress. It’s not worn all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom