The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2018, 09:39 AM
Majesty

Melissa is Melissa Crow who once worked for Madonna.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

Did Melissa work with Harry and Meghan?

Old 11-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Majesty

I heard rumours about this Melissa Crow, an American who once worked for Madonna, joining Meghan's team as a PA at KP round about April/May. However I'd almost forgotten about her. I don't think she was on the tour was she, and she wasn't exactly prominent or regarded as 'close' to Meghan?
Old 11-11-2018, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I heard rumours about this Melissa Crow, an American who once worked for Madonna, joining Meghan's team as a PA at KP round about April/May. However I'd almost forgotten about her. I don't think she was on the tour was she, and she wasn't exactly prominent or regarded as 'close' to Meghan?
I don’t remember hearing about this. But if she was hired in April/May as a PA, I highly doubt she’s pivotal in handling the Thomas Markle situation. Nor did she quit due to any high demands that Meghan can come up with.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:36 PM
Royal Highness

Well the Fail named Meghan's PA who quit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Williams.html

This woman has zero experience working in a royal household. She was the right hand woman of Robbie Williams. It's not the same. I wonder if she was expected to be top dog as the Duchess of Sussex's assistant and everyone reports to her - including Samantha Cohen and Amy Pickerell. Wouldn't be surprised if staff were at loggerheads and someone had to go - and it was her. The resignation and endorsement saves face.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Well the Fail named Meghan's PA who quit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Williams.html

This woman has zero experience working in a royal household. She was the right hand woman of Robbie Williams. It's not the same. I wonder if she was expected to be top dog as the Duchess of Sussex's assistant and everyone reports to her - including Samantha Cohen and Amy Pickerell. Wouldn't be surprised if staff were at loggerheads and someone had to go - and it was her. The resignation and endorsement saves face.
Hold on, let’s back up for a moment to work out some details. So, if I remember this whole story correctly, it was about a PA that’s quit recently after only 6 months on the job who was considered “pivotal” to the success of the wedding. Ok, so my question how DF is how is it possible a woman who started her job around the time of the wedding to be “pivotal” to anything? Unless they want to tell me with a straight face that a 600 person wedding that was televised around the world was planned in a month or so. No? Ok.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:00 AM
Majesty

I've never heard of this woman, and I keep a reasonably close eye on the Sussexes. Melissa was described as being 'Meghan's closest PA' when she supposedly suddenly quit, so that says a lot either about my observation skills or about tabloid hyperbole, not sure which!
Old 11-27-2018, 01:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I've never heard of this woman, and I keep a reasonably close eye on the Sussexes. Melissa was described as being 'Meghan's closest PA' when she sopposedly suddenly quit, so that says a lot either about my observation skills or about tabloid hyperbole, not sure which!
Well, she apparently also has two identities. So
Old 11-27-2018, 02:50 AM
Royal Highness

Re all the negative tab reports:

I don't happen to think staff grumbling is anything serious. There's always been reports that circulate regarding some staff and royal courtiers having issues with new members of the royal family. I'm sure there's staff who have had issues with the homegrown Windsors as well. Princess Margaret anyone? There were plenty of reports of Diana being 'difficult' too. This is nothing new.

In the beginning, it was said that Meghan was hugging everybody and needed to tone it down.

As far as Meghan being an early riser, a hardworker, and a perfectionist with ideas and high expectations for herself and those around her, cool! I think these qualities are revealing keystones that have a lot to do with Meghan's success in life, well before she met Prince Harry. Good for her, and lucky for Harry and the British royal family. Staff who can't keep up with the program, or who don't like Meghan can certainly move on.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:11 AM
Nobility

I thought this was the most damning bit from the article.

A source said "some of the staff don't seem to want to give Meghan a chance. Harry is besotted and understandably extremely protective of her

This doesn't make anyone look good and it makes it seem like the staff aren't falling in line. There seem to be staff who don't like or accept Meghan for whatever reason and if the staff don't want to give Meghan a chance what can she do? No wonder there's leaks all over the place that put her in a negative light. It doesn't sounds like a professional environment but rather that the staff of the palace are more snobby and judgmental than the royals themselves.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:18 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, exactly.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post

A source said "some of the staff don't seem to want to give Meghan a chance. Harry is besotted and understandably extremely protective of her

This doesn't make anyone look good and it makes it seem like the staff aren't falling in line. There seem to be staff who don't like or accept Meghan for whatever reason and if the staff don't want to give Meghan a chance what can she do? No wonder there's leaks all over the place that put her in a negative light. It doesn't sounds like a professional environment but rather that the staff of the palace are more snobby and judgmental than the royals themselves.
Seems pretty simple to me regarding the part I've put in bold letters. As I see it, the staff is working for The Duchess of Sussex. She is their employer. If her team isn't functioning the way it should be or the way she wants it to be, all she has to do is tell those that aren't "team" players to take a very long lunch, permanently, to find a new job without references. I'm sure that Harry would back her up on this.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-27-2018, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

THIS. I said when the snide Hurricane Meghan article came out. In an attempt to be snarky about Meghan, it makes others look worse. None of the articles actually says she’s snapping at people for no reasons or that she’s just throwing tantrums. In all the details decribed, she seemed like a woman who is trying to work and doesn’t like to slow down. That being labeled difficult and demanding makes the Palace staff look weak and lazy. I’m sure there are some in sexist quarters that will see a woman with work ethics and opinion to be negative, but other than that, it just seems like someone who works hard and have standards.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Sounds like the Sussexes may need new staff if that is the case. That is complete and utter nonsense, this business of giving her a chance. The staff is extraordinarily privileged to get a chance to add a stint at KP to their resume. If the working conditions or their bosses are not to their taste, they can move along and let Meghan and Harry find staff who are loyal to them and willing to work hard.

And how shocking that Harry is "besotted and protective"! Frankly, I'd find it a whole lot more shocking if he weren't, and it would make me wonder about the long term viability of the relationship.

I'm actually wondering if these so called leaks are coming from the previously mentioned and mysterious Melissa: it seems to me she might be the one with the disgruntled axe to grind.

Edited to add: And here's an additional thought. If the leaks that fueled this latest round of negativity about Meghan and Catherine is not Melissa, and came from current KP staff, it is not a Harry and Meghan problem, it is a Harry, William, Kate, and Meghan problem, and knowing that both William and Harry have short fuses with anything regarding their family, I wouldn't care to be any of the staff at KP while William and Harry are getting to the bottom of all this. It also wouldn't surprise me if Charles got involved. The Windsors expect loyalty and discretion above all, and this is definitely neither. Which is why I'm still suspecting Mysterious Melissa as the source.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Sounds like the Sussexes may need new staff if that is the case. That is complete and utter nonsense, this business of giving her a chance. The staff is extraordinarily privileged to get a chance to add a stint at KP to their resume. If the working conditions or their bosses are not to their taste, they can move along and let Meghan and Harry find staff who are loyal to them and willing to work hard.

And how shocking that Harry is "besotted and protective"! Frankly, I'd find it a whole lot more shocking if he weren't, and it would make me wonder about the long term viability of the relationship.

I'm actually wondering if these so called leaks are coming from the previously mentioned and mysterious Melissa: it seems to me she might be the one with the disgruntled axe to grind.

Edited to add: And here's an additional thought. If the leaks that fueled this latest round of negativity about Meghan and Catherine is not Melissa, and came from current KP staff, it is not a Harry and Meghan problem, it is a Harry, William, Kate, and Meghan problem, and knowing that both William and Harry have short fuses with anything regarding their family, I wouldn't care to be any of the staff at KP while William and Harry are getting to the bottom of all this. It also wouldn't surprise me if Charles got involved. The Windsors expect loyalty and discretion above all, and this is definitely neither. Which is why I'm still suspecting Mysterious Melissa as the source.
What I've noticed is that when all of them say Palace staff, non are specific about which Palace or which offices specifically. I've never seen any issues with the smaller core Sussex team. Or at least not the close ones. As much as the media try to blame Meghan for ELF leaving, which most RRs knew was coming even when it was announced, the few moments I've seen, they've genuinely seemed happy for Harry and Meghan.

Today is the one year anniversary of their engagement. Thinking back to this date a year ago, while I was extremely happy (I woke up with the announcement as a news alert from NYT), I was struck by how happy ELF and Heather Wong looked as the couple walked back to KP from the Sunken Garden.

And since I'm on the topic of the date, I do want to point out it's ONLY been ONE year. I think we all forget that because so much has been done since. I realize it must be a much busier time at KP, but all of this couldn't have happened in such short time if Meghan DIDN'T have the work ethic that some "sources" seem to be bothered by.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:12 AM
Courtier

I agree that the more complaints are leaked about Meghan the more it sounds like she’s a focused, reasonable woman dealing with an overly high-on-themselves staff that has its panties in a bunch over getting a new boss. Even the “what Meghan wants, Meghan gets” doesn’t sound so bad now that it seems they are dealing with a petulant staff who need to be reminded who’s in charge.

I can’t imagine Anne or the Queen are any less driven than the image of Meghan painted by these leaks. Or, to a certain extent, Sophie.

To be fair, though, KP staff is transitioning from having their royals be part timers who didn’t need quite as much from them. And I suspect there’s a very big difference in work style between Meghan, who comes from the scramble of making a living in an essentially freelance industry, and Kate who has essentially been operating as a stay at home mom first and working princess second. That’s not a knock on either woman—I’m one who will defend any day the decision to have Kate prioritize child rearing—but it does mean there’s likely been a sort of rhythm to the way work for Kate has been handled within the KP office that doesn’t work with the way Meghan operates.

So I can see that there might be a reason why staff feel a little shaken up by Meghan. But at the same time...buck up. Things are ramping up. Some degree of this was going to happen just from Harry and William going full time.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:24 PM
Nobility

The comment re 'Melissa' not familiar with royal roles is actually quite relevant, she is probably an excellent PA but royal circles are different. The royal rules and etiquette must be a nightmare for Meghan and possibly difficult to understand, remember she didn't have as much time privately in the background that Catherine had.. Catherine was nastily nicknamed 'Waity katie' but during this period she would have been there in the background at private occasions etc with William, just because we didn't see her didn't mean she wasn't there. It also gave her the opportunity to brush upon the' rules' before she was thrown in to the lions den. i.e. the public events.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Nobility

At the end of the day, there is a couple of things that can be said.
According to the article in the Telegraph by Camilla Tominey, even if her goal was to attack Meghan she nonetheless said in her article that The Queen likes Meghan, and that Charles is extremely fond of her. This is all that matters, she has two key allies, the rest is just noise.
If there are people that know about the viciousness of the tabloids, royal reporters, courtiers and palace staff, it is Charles and Camilla. They have been dealing with them for years. It is no coincidence that Charles supposedly nicknamed her tungsten. I am certain he is squarely in her corner, and everything is going to be all right and she will weather the storms with his support. Whatever they say they will not run her out of the UK.
the more things change, the more they stay the same. Back when Prince Philip was about to marry Princess Elizabeth, a courtier while touring Windsor Castle with him was condescending toward him; the foreigner, and Prince Philip put him in his place by telling him he knew about Windsor, His mother, Princess Alice of Battenberg was born in the Tapestry Room in the presence of her great-grandmother, Queen Victoria thank you very much.
Those courtiers should know their place and mind their business. Just do what you are paid to do instead leaking infos;often false, to the tabloids to drive a narrative. The pictures of PoW's 70th birthday in the gardens of Clarence House for those was are perspicacious were a sneak preview of future. There was the core of the BRF, the senior royals. Whether they like it of not, Harry and Meghan are part of it, so they can kick rocks
Old 11-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
To be fair, though, KP staff is transitioning from having their royals be part timers who didn’t need quite as much from them. And I suspect there’s a very big difference in work style between Meghan, who comes from the scramble of making a living in an essentially freelance industry, and Kate who has essentially been operating as a stay at home mom first and working princess second. That’s not a knock on either woman—I’m one who will defend any day the decision to have Kate prioritize child rearing—but it does mean there’s likely been a sort of rhythm to the way work for Kate has been handled within the KP office that doesn’t work with the way Meghan operates.
I think this really gets to the heart of the matter...it's just simply a fact that different situations and different workplaces/employees can and should be handled differently. It just is what it is. For instance, I work in an office all day long, my husband runs massive construction sites and teams setting structural steel. We don't handle our workplace disagreements in the same way that his employees do and that's absolutely okay. KP and the world of royalty is a far cry from the Hollywood world Meghan has been accustomed to. Not right or wrong, just fact. That means that Meghan may need to adjust her leadership/employer style to meet that of the world she's now a part of while at the same time, those KP employees need to realize that they will be expected to adjust somewhat and within reason. That's not a knock on either employer or employee, it just is what it is.

And, people get so overly defensive when Meghan is labelled as demanding and opinionated and claim that those labels come only out of jealousy because she's oh so successful and everyone who seems her as demanding and opinionated must just be jealous of her success. However, that's not true or at least not in all cases. Sometimes people just really are demanding and opinionated. I work with someone who is no more successful than I am, but the way she approaches everything and everyone and attacks each project like a tornado is a massive turnoff to anyone who has to deal with her. She likes to claim that she's just driven, strong, and knows what she wants but honestly, you can be all of those things and still not be overbearing, pushy, and so in your face that you make the people around you feel exhausted or worse, attacked.

I don't disagree that Meghan has faced a barrage of criticism from all corners since joining the royal family and that much of it is, most likely, completely undeserved. However, I also think that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, thoughts, and perceptions and what one person sees as driven and determined another will find aggressive, demanding, opinionated, rude, and disingenuous. The truth of the matter is that there's room for everyone to like both duchesses if that's what they want to do. It's also entirely okay to gravitate more toward one than the other. But there's no reason to buy into the tabloid mess. If your own personal perception of Meghan, or anyone else for that matter, is based on watching her interviews, photocalls, engagements, etc. then great, you're absolutely entitled to your feelings. If your perception is based on nothing more than tabloid rumor, you really should do a little more reading/watching before jumping to conclusions.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
And, people get so overly defensive when Meghan is labelled as demanding and opinionated and claim that those labels come only out of jealousy because she's oh so successful and everyone who seems her as demanding and opinionated must just be jealous of her success. However, that's not true or at least not in all cases. Sometimes people just really are demanding and opinionated. I work with someone who is no more successful than I am, but the way she approaches everything and everyone and attacks each project like a tornado is a massive turnoff to anyone who has to deal with her. She likes to claim that she's just driven, strong, and knows what she wants but honestly, you can be all of those things and still not be overbearing, pushy, and so in your face that you make the people around you feel exhausted or worse, attacked.
What some of us take issue with is what get Meghan labelled as Hurricane Meghan or difficult and demanding. The best they can come up with is that she wakes up at 5AM and sends emails. Oh and she texts 6 or 7 times a day sometimes. That type of thing would never make a man demanding or difficult. It's interesting that when you actually look into what's been presented, it seems to be much more of a negative view towards a woman who is focused and has an opinion than anything else.