William and Harry's Relationships with the Spencers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, William is half Spencer and someday he will be sitting in the throne lol
The Spencer Family are great looking family good for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Erm... James II wasn't fond of the Earl of Sunderland... But I think that was an artistic licence on part of the author.
2) Prince William of Wales is not a Spencer. His family name is different. :)

Hello everyone! I'd just like to point out that just because Prince William and Prince Harry do not carry the Spencer name does not mean they're not Spencers! They do in fact belong to the Spencer Clan so therefore they are Spencers. Based on wikipedia's definition of a clan, the members must be able to prove some kind of relationship either to each other or to one common ancestor whether through biology, marriage, adoption or what ever else there may be.

The fact of them having / not having the legal right to use the Spencer name (I believe) has more to do with the last name that their mother used when she signed their birth certificates, than it does with anything else. From a legal perspective, if a child's parents each sign the birth certificate with different last names, when the child grows older they are allowed to choose which last name they prefer to use. They can also use both of them together. If you consider that and you figure that the only people who can claim to be a member of a particular clan are the people who carry the clan's last name, then you have to consider that, in the case I mentioned above, if one child chooses to use their mother's last name and their brother or sister chooses to use their father's last name, you would be including one and excluding the other.

At the end of the day, based on all the definitions I know of, William and Harry are both members of the Spencer family/clan, whether or not they like it, lol.

He never hated Augusta of Saxe-Gotha. He hated his son and what he did to make sure they were not present at the birth of his first child. Augusta went into labor early at 8 months and Frederick put her in a coach to have the baby where his parents were not present. (King George II and Queen Caroline doubted that Frederick was able to have a child and wanted to be there to verify the birth--they thought of the warming pan scheme of the past). Augusta got to the new location just in time to give birth to a daughter named Augusta (sister of George III). This is why Frederick was banned from court and of course Augusta had to follow him.

However, with the birth of a tiny, weakling daughter, Queen Caroline said that had to be her son's child.

Why did King Georgie III hate is son?

It ran in the Hanover Family that the Kings mistrusted their eldest sons. Ambitious heirs waiting to assume power tended to become impatient and meddle in politics, while the fathers weren't ready to give anything up. It was no different with Queen Victoria, who wouldn't allow the Prince of Wales to participate in "affairs of State", which is one of the reasons he had so much time to amuse himself and more or less create his own Court.

George V wasn't thrilled about the popularity and high profile, to say nothing of the political meddling, of his son (later Edward VIII). The harmonious relationship between the present Queen and her father was more the exception than the rule.

It ran in the Hanover Family that the Kings mistrusted their eldest sons. Ambitious heirs waiting to assume power tended to become impatient and meddle in politics, while the fathers weren't ready to give anything up. It was no different with Queen Victoria, who wouldn't allow the Prince of Wales to participate in "affairs of State", which is one of the reasons he had so much time to amuse himself and more or less create his own Court.

Hmm that would explain Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles in a way ... I seem to recall Prince Charles, not so long ago, began making political statements, etc., while rumor has it the Queen does not want to give up her role as Queen and step down to hand over to her son.

Hola says Chelsy is this one.
The "other Chelsy" is just behind her!
I can't tell wich one is the real one.

No, neither of the girls in the photo is Chesly.They are Spencer twins.

:previous:Also IBL says this is Chelsy.
Then all the agencies are mistaken.:lol:
Anyway, these twin girls look a lot like Chelsy.

:previous:
:)I have understood.In fact I have just written that all the agencies are mistaken!

The girls are so pretty. They kind of do look like Chelsy from some angles. I didn't realize they hung out with their cousins. Or maybe they're friends with Henry's family.

It's nice to see cousins hanging out together.:flowers:

The girls are so pretty. They kind of do look like Chelsy from some angles. I didn't realize they hung out with their cousins. Or maybe they're friends with Henry's family.

Thanks for telling us who they are, Lady Ann. I honestly didn't know. They did kind of look like Chelsy. I saw a caption on one photo agency say that they were "Chelsy and her sister". But I thought that was odd, because neither was Chelsy. And those photos I saw had both girls covering their faces, which Chelsy never does.

Prince Harry's cousin Lady Eliza Spencer very very beutiful look like paternal aunt Princess Diana...

Thanks for the links Lady Ann and Iceflower!:flowers:
The Spencer girls look so much like Chelsy, though I find them prettier than Chelsy.
It is nice to see theem with their cousins.

Prince Harry's cousin Lady Eliza Spencer very very beutiful look like paternal aunt Princess Diana...

From that picture she looks like she is either hung over or off her face!

All three of the Spencer girls have the same eyes as Diana. just lovely!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/royals/article2116542.ece
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1111206/Whos-girl-Harrys-mystery-Chelsy-substitute-revealed--16-year-old-cousin.html
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/royals/article2115085.ece

first off the girl that they are saying/showing the pic in the car that looks like CHELSEA is actually AMELLIA...check how the hair is parted...AMILLIA is toward the left side of the page while ELIZA's hair is parted to the right side this page. ELIZA is wearing a necklace with a ring around her neck which could have been once owned by her late bf that just past away last year. i think the twins are know as mirrior image twins if im not mistaken.

Henry,the young man being honored, not Prince Harry:lol:. I was saying I didn't realize Prince Harry hung out with his cousins but maybe they attended the event because they are friends with the van Straubenzee's too.

They seem to have won the genetic lottery: a former fashion model as a mother and the head of a very good-looking extended family for a father.:)

The Spencer girls are drop dead gorg...

Chelsea and the Spencer girls all sport a very trendy, young look: bleach blonde hair, dark eye make-up, and pale lips. I remember in college and high school thinking a lot of (non-related) girls looked alike because she all had the same hair, clothing style, and make up. It's not surprising they are mistaken for each other in grainy paparazzi photos.

There isn't much individualism is there? I don't remember things being so much like that in the 70s, when I was in High School. Blondes were rather unsual, perhaps because hair colour wasn't so widely used by the younger set. Teenagers have always wanted to look alike and sound alike and dress alike, but I think that there's even more pressure that way now.:flowers:

Mistaken by us yes but I don't pertend to think that any of those paparazzi did not know who they were..It took us about 30 seconds to know neither girl was chelsy. It is their jobs to sell the magazines and that is what they did.. with titles like " Is that you chelsy" please they knew who those girls were. (IMO of course):nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom