The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
He never hated Augusta of Hesse-Cassel. He hated his son and what he did to make sure they were not present at the birth of his first child. Augusta went into labor early at 8 months and Frederick put her in a coach to have the baby where his parents were not present. (King George II and Queen Caroline doubted that Frederick was able to have a child and wanted to be there to verify the birth--they thought of the warming pan scheme of the past). Augusta got to the new location just in time to give birth to a daughter named Augusta (sister of George III). This is why Frederick was banned from court and of course Augusta had to follow him.

However, with the birth of a tiny, weakling daughter, Queen Caroline said that had to be her son's child.
To be nitpicky, Frederick's wife was Augusta of Saxe-Gotha. George II didn't hate her--but he wouldn't like whoever his son could've chosen.

Old 08-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
To be nitpicky, Frederick's wife was Augusta of Saxe-Gotha. George II didn't hate her--but he wouldn't like whoever his son could've chosen.
Thanks for correcting which Augusta it was, but I do believe George II picked her for Frederick?

I went back to correct Augusta's name.

Old 08-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder, do you all think that the Spencer family is disgraced with all the stuff that happened to Diana? Or do you think that they still enjoy a high social standing and privilege?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I wonder, do you all think that the Spencer family is disgraced with all the stuff that happened to Diana? Or do you think that they still enjoy a high social standing and privilege?
I don't think Earl Spencer stands well with the British public and world at large. He has disgraced himself and his family by the selling of his sister's memory and legacy.

As for Lady Sarah, and Lady Jane, I cannot venture an opinion.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Thanks for correcting which Augusta it was, but I do believe George II picked her for Frederick?

I went back to correct Augusta's name.
That's quite likely--but knowing about the father-son relations it is easy to suppose that the King was disappointed by his own pick when Augusta sided with Frederick.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
That's quite likely--but knowing about the father-son relations it is easy to suppose that the King was disappointed by his own pick when Augusta sided with Frederick.
Augusta did grow to love her husband and followed his wishes but she was quieter than Frederick was. There was an all out war between George II and his heir, but then again that is a Hanoverian trait that has lingered on!! Some say Elizabeth and Charles have continued the tradition even though it is The House of Windsor and not Hanover! Look at George V and Edward VIII?? Queen Victoria and Edward VII??
Old 03-26-2006, 11:06 PM

Alexander Fellowes (their 1st cousin)

Alex is studying classics at Oxford now. on a search for something entirely unrelated to this, I found recent news about him! the date is a 2005 date and Alex must be 22,23?

http://www.akme.btinternet.co.uk/bulling1.html
Old 03-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'll bet his parents were just thrilled about that piece of publicity.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
I Had never heard of him :)
his mum is Lady Jane Fellowes, who you probably have heard of as Diana's elder sis. maybe you also heard of Laura Fellowes, Alexander's elder sis, because she used to be in all the lists of the Wills-and-Harry set. I think Laura was on the 1999 "love boat" cruise. I don't know if she still hangs out with William and Harry, though. She did attend Edinburth University, I think, and her time there overlapped with Will's time at St. Andrew's. So maybe they sometimes hung out, being pretty much in the same city. even though St. Andrew's is an independent town, I think it is so near to Edinburgh that it must be like saying you live in Fulham instead of London, or Burbank instead of LA, or Brooklyn instead of Manhattan.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

are there any photos of him?
Old 03-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'll bet his parents were just thrilled about that piece of publicity.
well I hope they were even less thrilled with their son's arrogant, asinine and self-entitled frat-boy antics

off topic: this nephew is the first cousin of Wills and Harry. How come we don't see them together anywhere, ever? Wonder if they're hanging out with each other--I get the impression Diana's sons are rather estranged from the Spencer sider of the fam. When I read stuff like this, if it is true, for one, I can begin to imagine why
Old 03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Nobility

I think William and Harry have always been closer to Peter and Zara and that makes sense, they understand about publicity and dealings with the press. I have a feeling that William and Harry don't see alot of their Spencer relations even though Earl Spencer may want us to think otherwise. I always found it interesting that Diana never asked either of her sisters to be a Godmother to her sons.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Aristocracy

^ really? Who are their God parents?
Old 03-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Commoner

Alex would be 23 this year he was born in 1983
Old 04-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Aristocracy

Wills/Harry and The Spencers

Why are there never any pics/stories of William and Harry with Dianas family?
The only time I have read about them spending time with Dianas family since her death, was when their grandmother died.
Do they have any connection with The Spencers at all?
What happened after Earl Spencer held his speech at Dianas funeral where he sweared to help protect and bring up William and Harry as their mother would have wished? As far as I know he has not exactly done that.
Perhaps I have gotten the wrong information but with the press coverage and the paparazzies following William and Harry I'm sure we would have read about it.
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Williams godparents are:-

King Constantine II of the Hellenes, Sir Laurens van der Post, Princess Alexandra, the Duchess of Westminster, Lord Romesay and Lady Susan Hussey.

Harry's godparents are:-

Duke of York, Lady Sarah Chatto, Lady Vestey, Mrs William Bartholomew; Mr. Bryan Organ; and Mr. Gerald Ward.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think that they have any connection at all to the spencers( Shame really) but, what E.spencer did to his sister was awful. & then to Try to make a living off of her is even worse.

Like you said outside of their grandmothers funeral( No association with her either) I think that is about it. I think that they do go to visit their mothers grave but outside of that probably nothing.

Though, I agreed with his speech at the time of her death. But, with all the other things that have come out afterwards. To me It seemed like he was grandstanding. Hurt, of course over her death. But, Grandstanding for the public. I hear very little on Diana's Sisters. But, I would hope that the boys would keep in touch with them at least. After all they are family. Just keep away from their uncle.:p
Old 04-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

Charles Spencer was, and probably is, such a hypocrit. He treated his first wife badly. I remember reading about him having an affair just when she gave birth to their first child. And joked about her eating disorder. And to top it off, brought his mistress to the funeral. With an uncle like that, it would make any nephews to keep him away from them.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I think, and her time there overlapped with Will's time at St. Andrew's. So maybe they sometimes hung out, being pretty much in the same city. even though St. Andrew's is an independent town, I think it is so near to Edinburgh that it must be like saying you live in Fulham instead of London, or Burbank instead of LA, or Brooklyn instead of Manhattan.
Not really. St Andrews is a fair bit away (80km) and takes aroun 1hr 30 mins to drive. It's on the Fife coast, on the other side of the Firth of Forth from Edinbugh.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
well I hope they were even less thrilled with their son's arrogant, asinine and self-entitled frat-boy antics
Well said Olga!!!

Tags
diana's family, earl spencer, prince william, relationships