The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Should William bare some of the responsibility for Harry's Nazi costume?
Yes William should've made a joint apology; he should've forseen the repercussions 16 26.67%
No, it's wrong to blame William; Harry is only 2 years younger and is accountable for his actions 44 73.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Commoner

Should prince William bear some of the responsibility over Harry’s nazi outfit row?

i'm sure u guys heard about the whole Harry nazi row, some think he was stupid whilst others say he's inconsiderate, but now new sources are saying that Wills should bare some of the blame, they say that he was with harry both when he chose the outfit and was with him at the party! i want to know your views..do u think

a..yes wills should have made a joint apology he's the older one and should have forseen the row it would have cause!

b..no, it's wrong to blame wills, harry is only 2 years younger than wills he's an adult and everyone should be held accountable to their own action!

Old 01-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie2
i'm sure u guys heard about the whole Harry nazi row, some think he was stupid whilst others say he's inconsiderate, but now new sources are saying that Wills should bare some of the blame, they say that he was with harry both when he chose the outfit and was with him at the party! i want to know your views..do u think

a..yes wills should have made a joint apology he's the older one and should have forseen the row it would have cause!

b..no, it's wrong to blame wills, harry is only 2 years younger than wills he's an adult and everyone should be held accountable to their own action!
I woud say B...I think that Harry has a brain in his head it is just a shame that he don´t juse it more.

Old 01-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

its hard answer for me!

you know that! William is older! Harry is younger! but its would be answer is B

Sara Boyce
Old 01-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
its hard answer for me!

you know that! William is older! Harry is younger! but its would be answer is B

Sara Boyce
Just becaus Harry are younger it dos not meen that he can´t use his brain when his older brother is with him.

Old 01-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Courtier

I think both share responsabilities, in different proportions of course. Harry shouldn't choose and wear that costume and William should have known the same and advise her brother. We dont know for sure if he tried to change his brother mind or not. We dont know if Harry listens or not to his brother but in any case, Charles knows best and i've read he would like both of them to visit Auschuitz.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Well basically i dont think it was a wrong choice to wear that dress...I just think that jews are too sensetive and apparently william is not the one blame
Old 01-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Courtier

Too sensitive? haven't you studied history? or do you think holocoust is something humankind can forget so easily? lifes of millions of people were taken, not just jews but people from many nations including britishs, a royal nor a citizen can't and shouldn't forget that.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
Well basically i dont think it was a wrong choice to wear that dress...I just think that jews are too sensetive and apparently william is not the one blame
WHATTTTTTTTTTT??????
Are you telling me that it is alrigth to wear a nazi uniform with a swastika on your arm? Have you no shame in your life??

Old 01-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Courtier

wearing a dress in a fancy party doeasnot mean that you've the idea or on the side of those who wore that dress before,it even can mean that you're making fun of them.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
wearing a dress in a fancy party doeasnot mean that you've the idea or on the side of those who wore that dress before,it even can mean that you're making fun of them.
Are you telling me that prince Harry was making fun of the jews and ther lost of ther family in WW2?
If he is doing that then i think he has no shame in his life. I think it was horribel what the Germans did to over 6 millions jews under WW2. If i was his dad i woud have slaped him and send him direktly to Autswitsh and other of thoes KZ camps her in Europe.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Courtier

i mean maybe he was making fun of nazists
Old 01-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

Get a clue! HArry is the prince of the UK, etc. SO tell me why is it ok for him to wear a nazi uniform?????????

Anyway...wait let me get off topiuc for a second more. You see this is what is worng with some of society. Ppl take things too lightly and are easy to brush off. WHat about learning from history and knowing the meaning behind messages/symbols. DOn't take this lightly. BE serious about history and learn from it so we don't make those mistakes again!!!! OK!!!!!!

ANyway of course WIlliam has some responsible and this is b/c he was there and even helped him choose the outfit! WIlliam needs to learn NOW that, as teh future monarch, he will bear the responsibility of his family's actions. In the future when someone of the RF does something stupid, which I am sure we will be on this board talking about, and he is the monarch, ppl are going to question him and see what he has done or will do about it. WIlliam is a bit too childish. He is too hesitant to realize all the implications of his future role. Now I have to say that if William was not present at all then of course it would not be his fault, but he was, and he was very very stupid. Just like HArry. Sure he is a prince and the future king and has just about everything (welll at least materially) that anyone could want. But I cannot like a boy who is as childish and babyish as he. Look at HereditaryGrnad Duke Guillaume. HE is handsome, intelligent (what liek 5 languages), and is readily doing his duties (yeha he is the hereditary grand duke, but you never seeing him sulking and being a big baby liek william has been about his duties). Willliam is so hesitant about doing duties (the guy is 22 friggin years old! get over it!) and he has hardly done any duties and is quite unsure and he talsk about how stubborn he can be. Give me a friggin break. I no longer have a crush on him and I cannot respect a boy who sulks at his duty...
Old 01-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, he's still in full-time education, and Charles was rather unhappy at continually having his own education interrupted by royal duties that could probably have been done by others instead. Once William leaves university, and if he doesn't go into the military, he should start full-time royal duties then. If he doesn't, that'd be the time to start complaining about him.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Courtier

I dont think he should be drag in at all... just because his brother is stupid... he lives a different life with different values... leave him alone
Old 01-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
I dont think he should be drag in at all... just because his brother is stupid... he lives a different life with different values... leave him alone
I think william went dressed up as a lion, would love to have a picture of that
Old 01-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

Hereditary Grnad Duke Guillaume is a full-time student at the University of Durham, jsut like Willaim is in university. No more excuses. Let's just face it-the boy is a baby.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

The difference being that Guillaume is the next heir to the Grand Duke and William is not the next heir to the Queen. I know a lot of people would prefer to forget that the Prince of Wales exists, but he does, and he's doing full-time royal duties himself. The Queen had to give up her private life and take the throne when she was young, and it didn't seem to do her much good in terms of her marriage or her children; I don't suppose she's wildly keen about pushing William into the same sort of situation.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The difference being that Guillaume is the next heir to the Grand Duke and William is not the next heir to the Queen. I know a lot of people would prefer to forget that the Prince of Wales exists, but he does, and he's doing full-time royal duties himself. The Queen had to give up her private life and take the throne when she was young, and it didn't seem to do her much good in terms of her marriage or her children; I don't suppose she's wildly keen about pushing William into the same sort of situation.
I agree with you!

Guillaume would become next heir after his dad but Prince of Wales still heir and throne after his mum the Queen but William will become King of England after his dad and Grandmother the Queen but wait till his dad and Grandmother's death but i think his dad will become good King.Or many people wanted William as King its would be totally absoutley about 100%

Sara Boyce
Old 01-16-2005, 02:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I agree. Willaiam should start doing more royal duties, but their will be probably 30-35 yrs before he is king, and The Queen is in perfect health, so he does not have to throw himself into his royal role completely as The Queen had to do at his age.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Get a clue! HArry is the prince of the UK, etc. SO tell me why is it ok for him to wear a nazi uniform?????????

Anyway...wait let me get off topiuc for a second more. You see this is what is worng with some of society. Ppl take things too lightly and are easy to brush off. WHat about learning from history and knowing the meaning behind messages/symbols. DOn't take this lightly. BE serious about history and learn from it so we don't make those mistakes again!!!! OK!!!!!!

ANyway of course WIlliam has some responsible and this is b/c he was there and even helped him choose the outfit! WIlliam needs to learn NOW that, as teh future monarch, he will bear the responsibility of his family's actions. In the future when someone of the RF does something stupid, which I am sure we will be on this board talking about, and he is the monarch, ppl are going to question him and see what he has done or will do about it. WIlliam is a bit too childish. He is too hesitant to realize all the implications of his future role. Now I have to say that if William was not present at all then of course it would not be his fault, but he was, and he was very very stupid. Just like HArry. Sure he is a prince and the future king and has just about everything (welll at least materially) that anyone could want. But I cannot like a boy who is as childish and babyish as he. Look at HereditaryGrnad Duke Guillaume. HE is handsome, intelligent (what liek 5 languages), and is readily doing his duties (yeha he is the hereditary grand duke, but you never seeing him sulking and being a big baby liek william has been about his duties). Willliam is so hesitant about doing duties (the guy is 22 friggin years old! get over it!) and he has hardly done any duties and is quite unsure and he talsk about how stubborn he can be. Give me a friggin break. I no longer have a crush on him and I cannot respect a boy who sulks at his duty...
I agree that history is taken way too lightly anymore... there are actually people out there who claim the holocaust never happened... that it's all one big story of propaganda-AS IF!

I think sometimes though the press takes things too far in the way they portray William and HArry. Whether William was with Harry or not the day the uniform was purchased, as well as the day the uniform was actually worn shouldn't matter. William and Harry are two different people. Harry has proven time and time again (especially of late) that he does what he wants, when he wants... why would this be any different? Why should William, Charles or anyone else for that matter have to shoulder any of the responsibility for this incident when it was Harry who bought and wore the uniform?

Tags
afrika korps uniform, costume party, prince harry, prince william