Should prince William bear some of the responsibility over Harry’s nazi outfit row?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should William bare some of the responsibility for Harry's Nazi costume?

• Yes William should've made a joint apology; he should've forseen the repercussions

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • No, it's wrong to blame William; Harry is only 2 years younger and is accountable for his actions

Votes: 44 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
William has no official responcibility towards his brother until he should become King when he will then be responcible for anyone in the British Royal Family. Unless he was asked by his farther to supervise his younger brother then he can not be held accountable for his brothers actions. If harry's actions were 'irrisponcible' as a youth then it is the responcibility of his farther. However as Harry is over 18 he is responcible for his own actions and if his actions are detremental to the position of the Royal Family then it becomes an issue for the Queen. William is not and can not be seen to be held accountable.

P. William (to the Media): Please, I've only agreed to appear here with this moron. I accept no responsibility for his actions.

Attachments

• willsharry.jpg
    willsharry.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 319
I think they both should be punished. William was with harry and told him to buy the outfit. I'm not saying that harry didn't know better ,he should have. But william should have too. they were both there to buy it, they should both be responsible for the result. Imo

Jo said:
I think they both should be punished. William was with harry and told him to buy the outfit. I'm not saying that harry didn't know better ,he should have. But william should have too. they were both there to buy it, they should both be responsible for the result. Imo

I dont think so!

William wouldnt getting punish! because he is future King of England! but William not have with armband its would be Harry! I saw articles in people magazine and US weekly all the times about Prince Harry because he used armband! but William not used armband with his brother!

William have different clothes what he wores and Harry put mistakes clothes with nazi armband but he not means!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
I dont think so!

William wouldnt getting punish! because he is future King of England! but William not have with armband its would be Harry! I saw articles in people magazine and US weekly all the times about Prince Harry because he used armband! but William not used armband with his brother!

William have different clothes what he wores and Harry put mistakes clothes with nazi armband but he not means!

Sara Boyce

Being or not being the future king of england means nothing. If anything it might mean that they should a bit harder on him and expect more of him. He was there adviesing harry to buy it knowing what he was buying. Harry is only 20 years old if he was 18 or 19 i don't think people would be saying what they are. he is a kid as one he will make mistakes ( like we all do). The only difference is that his are in public. If they are going to punish him they should punish william too. he was there just like harry. if he wore it or not means nothing he advised harry in a bad decision therefore he is as much to blame as harry if not more so since he is older.

Jo said:
Being or not being the future king of england means nothing. If anything it might mean that they should a bit harder on him and expect more of him. He was there adviesing harry to buy it knowing what he was buying. Harry is only 20 years old if he was 18 or 19 i don't think people would be saying what they are. he is a kid as one he will make mistakes ( like we all do). The only difference is that his are in public. If they are going to punish him they should punish william too. he was there just like harry. if he wore it or not means nothing he advised harry in a bad decision therefore he is as much to blame as harry if not more so since he is older.

In OK! magazine they say that william was not with harry when he chose the outfit that wills had brought his outfit 2 days earlier and that they met at the party 'cause wills was in scotland beforehand!

Ellie2 said:
i'm sure u guys heard about the whole Harry nazi row, some think he was stupid whilst others say he's inconsiderate, but now new sources are saying that Wills should bare some of the blame, they say that he was with harry both when he chose the outfit and was with him at the party! i want to know your views..do u think

a..yes wills should have made a joint apology he's the older one and should have forseen the row it would have cause!

b..no, it's wrong to blame wills, harry is only 2 years younger than wills he's an adult and everyone should be held accountable to their own action!
Harry is absolutly responsible for his own deviant actions.Personally William is a saint like his dearly departed mother in my eyes.So no he should not be blamed for such a horrendous act which his assanine brother commited.

Are Prince William and Prince Harry racist?

i've some posts in various threads commenting on the fact that will and harry and the rest of the british RF might be racists

what evidence are these claims being based on/do you think they're racist?

Gosh do we really have to talk about this? Anyway one never knows if they are racist or not. But with the incident of HArry wearing the Nazi costume it seems that he and William may not take racism seriously. But I would not be surprised if some members of the RF, or of any royal family-in fact any person on this earth-had some racist or prejudice beliefs. But I think that the RF (as it is now-not as it will be in a few weeks) are pretty decent ppl.

I highly doubt that William and Harry are racist. Harry showed EXTREMELY POOR JUDGEMENT in the wearing of that costume and I was quite upset with him. However, I believe their mother taught them that racism was not acceptable by taking them to homeless shelters, AIDS hospices and the like to show them all types of people who live in this world.

I highly doubt HM the Queen is either. She works with such fervor on behalf of the Commonwealth which has many African nations. Her Majesty has been photographed numerous times with African leaders and struck up a friendship with Nelson Mandela. She supported the Commonwealth nations over Margaret Thatcher during the 80's on several issues.

i agree with tiaraprin, but srtiking a friendship and meeting once a year is different than having a person from a different race as your close friend, or going out with a person of a different race. On my part, I have never seen a picture of Harry's or William's friends which includes someone who isnt white. And they havent dated anyone who is nonwhite. So I think their group of friends doesnt include someone who is of another race.Does that make them racist? Maybe. But maybe they really dont (by chance) have interaction with a nonwhite, and they might have such friends when they get more exposure after they leave college. But Diana not only had friends from other races, she also dated a Pakistani(if rumours are to be believed), and an Egyptian, so she wasnt at all racist, from what I gather.

cd_1 said:
i agree with tiaraprin, but srtiking a friendship and meeting once a year is different than having a person from a different race as your close friend, or going out with a person of a different race. On my part, I have never seen a picture of Harry's or William's friends which includes someone who isnt white. And they havent dated anyone who is nonwhite. So I think their group of friends doesnt include someone who is of another race.Does that make them racist? Maybe. But maybe they really dont (by chance) have interaction with a nonwhite, and they might have such friends when they get more exposure after they leave college. But Diana not only had friends from other races, she also dated a Pakistani(if rumours are to be believed), and an Egyptian, so she wasnt at all racist, from what I gather.

I think perhaps the reason that William and Harry's Circle is "white" is because of basic economics. Unfortunately, it seems the wealthy are predominately white. In the USA, we do have many prominent wealthy African-Americans such as Oprah Winfrey. However, I do know that many country clubs here in the USA have restrictions on what color or religion you are to join them. That is so wrong!! I was so upset with Fergie when she went to a country club that she knew was restricted!

I wish to know where Gaggle got that quote from Harry about Chelsea? If he said that, I would be extremely upset. His mother would be furious if she was here!

cd_1 said:

I would agree with you!

when Royals been visits state Royals who are white person no matters! or black person! native american,etc!

His mother the late Diana,Princess Diana almost dating with her new lover late Dodi Fayed who is Pakistian but William and Harry said Dodi looks nice for his mother! but HM Queen wouldnt allowed Diana dating with pakistian when she was Royals! and she got divorces from Prince Charles in 1996 but Diana wanted dating with pakistian man but she met him at polo when Dodi against Prince Charles.

im not sure about Prince William and Harry wouldnt allowed to dating any racist!

Sara Boyce

I don't think the boys are racist. William supposedly has/had a crush on Beyonce and there's a picture of Harry in his college dorm room with a picture of Halle Berry in a swimsuit behind him.

I don´t think that they are racist too.....I think that what Harry did it was stupid..but, i think (i hope) he was just making fool of himself.....so, son´t think they´re racist...

Having a crush on a black woman does not mean that they are not racists. If you look at history you will realize that many white men had crushes on black women, but they were definitely racist (I am trying to next be explicit).

However I am not comparing Harry and WIlls to those men. I don't think they are racist. But I guess one could say that they are ignorant.

it was nice for their mom the show them how "other" people live but unless they have dealings on a day to day bases with people of a different race. they will be like a lot of people who say "its in their nature to lie, steal, murder, to be lazy , etc". the reason why i say this is because of how the media protrays people who are non-white.
is there anyone in their staff that is not white? on the polo teams-is there anyone who is non-white?
i can honestly say that i am not a racist because i've cross burnings in my front yard, been call all sorts of name, had bricks throw thru our windows and im sure i've miss out on a job or two because of my race. i dont hate people who dont like me because of my color-they dont know how to react when they see someone who is different.
it would be great for both of them to walk in someone's shoes for a day or even as long as a week. this would be the best way for them to experience how the "other" people live

Last edited:
Of course Harry takes most of the blame, but come on when your prince of a brother walks out the door with a swastika armband and you don't do something...that's abit silly expecially if you're future king of England...

They are both over 18 and are responsible for themselves and their actions. It was Harry's idea and Harry put it on. William should never be held responsible for his brother's actions. Whether a future king or not.

Man...I don´t think that William is responsable for what Harry did!! It´s stupid to put the balme in somebody that didn´t did anything....poor William if he take the blame for everything Harry does.......Harry is 20 years old...he knows what he´s doing...

Well Willaim has admitted that he did help pick out the outfit. So...is it so stupid to put some blame on him now?

I pick out my sisters outfits but its up to her to put it on. She is 15 and I am 21. Harry is grown, if William had picked out a fluffy bunny costume for Harry it still would have been his choice to wear it or not. Harry does have brain folks. And where did you get that it was Williams idea? All of the articles have read have said that William didn't even care. William is not a babysitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be another matter if he did not pick out the outfit or did not knew about it-he would not be part of the blame.
But he helped pick out the outfit so he gets partial blame. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
Willaim has personally taken some of the responsibility.

Last edited:
No i don´t think that William has blame for Harry outfit. Harry is 20, he knows what is he doing, i agree Wills isn´t a babysitter!
But in the other way, perhaps William could change the outfit

I think that Wills say that for help his brother.

It wasn't just Harry's outfit that was offensive the entire theme of the party was. No decent minded person would have attended such an event where people were blacking up their faces etc.

Just to throw my two cents in and this is my opinion, as forewarning.

I think the entire thing was blown out of proportion. First thing, it was a costume party, and a private one at that. Some stupid and untrustworthy person took a picture when he wasn't supposed to and sold it for money. Just because Harry dressed like a Nazi does not mean he adopted the ideologies and/or actions of Nazism. People dress like the Devil and other evil personas and yet others don't think of it as a big deal. At the same party, someone dressed up like Harry's grandmother and no one batted an eyelash. I post this question: If it was a regular person at a regular costume party, would people care? And to his credit, he apologized if he offended people and that it wasn't his intent to directly offend a group of people. It just seems like he's overly crucified over this thing.

This guy is in the beginning of his middle adulthood. It's that crazy time when you don't really do things without thinking about consequeces thoroughly. Don't tell me that all of us haven't done things that were questionable in nature and could have caused a ruckus?

And, insulting or not, it was a party where you're supposed to have fun. Distasteful or derogatory, it was a private party and if there wasn't a weasel in the group who was out to make money, no one would have been the wiser about it. Heck, Mardi Gras over at New Orleans could be seen upon by others as a sinful orgy but the majority of people just see it as good fun.

Why should William be partially to blame? It was taken into the context that it was a private party, it was for fun, and that it was a costume party. Now, if Harry was off to a public engagement and he wore that with William's help, then that would be a different story.

I think people are taking this too personally without any real connection to them. I didn't hear Prince Harry making anti-Semeitic comments, I didn't hear anything about Prince Harry boasting that the Holocaust was a bit of nothing, I didn't hear anything from his mouth that was an attack against Jews or making light of the horrors of the Holocaust. It's the perception of the act that people are riled about. But I can tell you, not everyone really saw what the big deal was, even my Jewish friends. They understood the context that the costume was worn and that it was not an intentional non-verbal assault on Judaism. He apologized and made amends. No need for the overkill people have treated this; they need to take a chill pill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom