The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, a break up is painful but I actually think it could be good for Harry. He needs to mature some and realize what he truly wants in a life partner. I kind of find some of these long term relationships that these young royals have been in to be a little abnormal. But I suppose for them there is extra pressure to stay in a relationship to avoid the headlines. I suppose they don't want too many exes out there.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Administrator

I am actually not surprised that they "broke" up. More surprised about William and Kate than Harry and Chelsy.

Chelsy is probably a nice girl..and appears to be quite bright. But she isn't Princess Material. She dresses like any girl on the street (and while that is appropriate for her age) its not appropriate for who she is dating. I am not saying she needs to dress like old woman...but come on! And if she can't handle the press now...if she married Harry..it was only goign to get worse. If they don't get back together...she will always be his Koo Stark. Totally inappropriate as a life partner...but a good life friend.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Courtier

Wow! Just heard the news on TV! I couldn't believe it! At the beginning, I wasn't fond of Chelsy, but as time went on, she grew on me. Nevertheless, Harry needs someone else to help keep him in line. LOL I wish Harry and Chelsy the best in the future.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she did what she suppose to do! They need time out to know if they really love each other! She has studys to do and he has his military carrer maybe then they can get along mucht better and see that they really love eachi other, I think Chelsy made a very important part of his life during a difficult time!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Don't dump me Chelsy, pleads 'rock bottom' Prince Harry | the Daily Mail
Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Courtier

It seems like being a Princess is not the only thing she ever wanted to do so...good for her for trying to be her own person! I mean how many relationships that people have in their early 20's are ever expected to go to marriage in normal circumstances?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 AM

I think I understand what you mean, zembla, but "normal" circumstances are hard to define. How many people honestly regard their personal circumstances as "normal"? Don't many of us feel a bit freakish compared to what we think things are "supposed to be"? Societies have a way of imposing these ideas of how it should be: College at 18, either grad school or marriage, office slave or soccer mom by 30.... For many, life doesn't go along in this neat little timeline and it takes a lot of work to recover from the false sense of having failed society's expectations.

It makes me think of Sex and the City, such a brilliant show. I still enjoy catching it from time to time on TBS. The well-to-do working Manhattan women who are in the 30s and trying to meet society's expectation of "having a man", ring, the whole package. Especially Charlotte, so desperate to make things be the "right" way, like in books, the "picture perfect" life.

Now as I think about this, I must agree that it is probably very, very good for Chelsy to remove the added pressure of being a royal girlfriend. Who needs it? Just go to school, girl, and focus on your studies, and be brilliant. There is time for everything else. Pace it, savor it, enjoy it.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 AM

Enjoy a retrospective of Harry and Chelsy courtesy of Abaca Press.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I think I understand what you mean, zembla, but "normal" circumstances are hard to define. How many people honestly regard their personal circumstances as "normal"? Don't many of us feel a bit freakish compared to what we think things are "supposed to be"? Societies have a way of imposing these ideas of how it should be: College at 18, either grad school or marriage, office slave or soccer mom by 30.... For many, life doesn't go along in this neat little timeline and it takes a lot of work to recover from the false sense of having failed society's expectations.
I mean I just think it's very abnormal to date someone and constantly have the pressure of marriage hanging over your head. Which is what royal girlfriends always have...they can't even breathe in their relationships without having to worry about how serious they are...nothing can progress naturally.

Even on here there are plenty of threads about when certain royals will marry and some of them are very early 20's...
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Aristocracy

Good for Chelsy,Harry comes across as a bit of an idiot.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Aristocracy

ABC News: Royal Break: Prince Harry Back on Market?

More of the same from ABC News this time
I think they are both too young to have a "serious" relationship--committed to each other while in a relationship okay but decide now for the rest of their life? Not yet. Yes, my parents' generation were often married by 21 but I know I wasn't ready that early. I wasn't even ready by 31! Each person needs to decide when they are ready and if this is the correct person for them. Harry will settle down when the time comes for him.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Gentry

having thrown another look on the articles i'm starting to think that all this break-up thing is a bit blown out of proportions(no wonder). Most of the 'friends' say it's not a permanent thing that it's just some time off, that they still love eachother very much and that only time will tell what's going to happen, things that hadn't been said during the other break-up. Then some say that they'll go on holiday together some say they won't.I just the think the media made it sound more serious than it actually is... judging the william break-up scenario and considering that this couple actually seem in love i think..we'll see them back together pretty soon(not claiming to see them engaged soon...they're too young for that)...
Old 11-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Chelsy a picture of misery as she considers quitting UK after split with Harry | the Daily Mail

she has gained weight (and looks miserable)
Old 11-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Oh God the media is being also miserable by publishing this picture... hehe

Indeed Susan Alicia, I find her a little bit chubbier since I saw her, for instance, at the Diana memorial concert...
Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 PM

Honestly, I don't see the weight gain you guys are seeing.... but that doesn't mean anything. Anyway, she does look miserable about the continued paparazzi attentions. I bet that's the only thing bugging her in those pics. She looks like she wants to show the middle finger to the photographers, doesn't she?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Chelsy is brilliant! I love this bit.......
Quote:
A member of her circle reports that when asked recently about what kind of law she was going to study, she retorted: "Privacy".
Source: The Daily Mail article by Rebecca English, today
Old 11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
Ooh...yeah....she needs a break somewhere. Girl is looking a bit tore up...

I love Lainey's take on the split...another vote for Lilo...LOL

Chelsy Davy and Prince Harry split
Old 11-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hes Better for this Happening as is she Now The House of Windsor should Regroup and Fortify itself Harry should be sent overseas ASAP. I Suggest Pakistan or Darfur (he could extend his Charity work).
Old 11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

All of America, it seems is reporting that they have called it quits. Or at least Chelsea has.
Chelsy Davy Calls it Quits | MyTripleDub
abc11.com: Royal Split: Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy Call It Quits
http://www.hollyscoop.com/prince-harry/prince-harry-splits-with-chelsy-davy_1343...
Old 11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Courtier

I think she'll end up back in Africa...sooner rather than later.

Tags
chelsy davy, prince harry, relationships