The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is legit, it really saddens me. I especially feel so sorry for Kate, who seems to have made a lot of sacrifices in order to keep the relationship going. But I suppose it's better to back out sooner rather than later...

Oh gosh I just heard this announced on a news ad on Channel 9 in Australia. Is it true? If it is I'm so sad for them, they seemed to be happy together ... and on a purely selfish tact I thought she'd make a wonderful Princess of Wales. :(

Even the BBC report seems to be based largely on the Sun story, so we don't know how accurate it is.

If we don't see William and Kate together again, we'll know it's true.

I guess this means the "Wife for William" thread could be back in play.
Some members will be pleased that Princess Theodora may get a second chance. :lol:

Noooo!!!!

If it's true, that is a real shame :sad: I had such hopes for Kate as future Princess of Wales and Queen (ahead of myself I know, but it all just seemed to be moving along nicely).

Still, if it wasn't meant to be then I wish her every happiness.

I wonder how her mother shall be taking in though (if it's true). Maybe 'mummy' will be more devastated than Kate :ROFLMAO:

The problem for Kate is where does she go from here? Everything that she's done over the last 3 years or so has been tailored to suit the royal family and now that's gone. Breaking up with someone you've been with for so long is terrible enough, but I imagine the extra upheaval this will cause for Kate will make it extra devastating.

Principessa Cano said:
This is the Sun, so take it with a grain of salt.

The Sun Online - News: Wills and Kate split

But didn't they also break the story they were together in the first place? I think it's quite a modern trend having mini-marriages which the majority of the time don't end up lasting because well what's the point sort of been there done that sort of mentality.

If they split and the cause of this is the media pressure, all I can say is "well done, guys!". I doubt that even the best trained royal/equally-born girlfriend will resist to this pressure.

mathilde16 said:
Here the DAILY MIRROR say exactly the same thing:
The Mirror, like the BBC, is quoting the Sun story, not reporting it independently.

Prince William breaks up with girlfriend

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Britain's Prince William has broken up with his longtime girlfriend Kate Middleton after a romance conducted under the full glare of the media spotlight.

Full article & source

It's true and weren't we all taken for mugs? Well, I hope William isn't going to hang around too long. He needs to get himself a Princess and settle down. Madeleine is still avaliable and the longer he stays single the more boring he will be.

I heard it two housrs ago and I was little surprise ...

Or maybe it's simply next The Sun's revelation?

Any oficial statement of royal spokesman or anyone from the Palace?

Last edited:
Clarence House are silent on the issue but the BBC has it as it's main story.

isn't the Sun a british tabloid? am I the only one weirded out that all these news agencies, who are suppose to be some what reliable, are using a tabloid as the basis of their own stories

Crownprincess said:

Luckily it's not April 13th, or else it will be Friday the 13th. I was shocked to read the news just now. But, unsure if it's true or not. They seemed to be so close together. Anyway, I personally see it as not a bad thing because I believe William should have more choices before he finally settles down.

acid_rain3075 said:
isn't the Sun a british tabloid? am I the only one weirded out that all these news agencies, who are suppose to be some what reliable, are using a tabloid as the basis of their own stories
Yes, all the reports refer back to the Sun. Either news editors don't want to be left behind, and we have the media reporting on the media as "news", or the story has been confirmed through private sources and so they are confident it is true.

Where to from here? Will he make the same mistake as his father and pass up his "true love?" Will his upcoming war experience give him a new perspective, and change his mind about Kate? Will she wait? And if the relationship is over, what woman, after observing what Kate Middleton has endured, will willingly put herself in the same position? Who wants paparazzi camped outside their front door? From William's perspective, the longer he takes to find Ms Right, the greater the expectation and pressure, as experienced by his father.

Wow! I thought it was a bad joke but its really true. Last I heard everyone was talking about the two getting married in 2008 and now they've split.

Warren, where is this thread for Wife for William? I'm interested in who would be a good wife for Wills.

BeatrixFan, I would love to see a ROYAL wedding with Wills and Madde but isn't she with Jonas? (I guess I'll check the couples thread)

RoyalKnottie said:
Warren, where is this thread for Wife for William? I'm interested in who would be a good wife for Wills.
In retrospect we appear to have been a touch premature: we merged the 'Wife for William' and the 'Wife for Harry' threads into one: here. We may need to go for round two!
Theodora, Madeleine, in other words the same as before, but this time I hope we can manage to avoid the inclusion of the Roman Catholic Charlotte Casiraghi among the suitable prospects. :D

I'm hoping against hope that they've organised a fake breakup to be tricky...with him being away and them only being able to see each other once a week, I'm hoping that they decided to say "we broke up!" so that Kate is given a break by the press and they will continue to see each other in secret.

Well, that's my hope but... I realise it's probably not happening. :sad:

If the rumours are true, i hope the reason for the spilt of William and Kate isn´t the pressure from the press and the public because of a marriage.
That would be very sad.
I argree with Warren that it will be very difficult for William to find his Princess, to get a new partner who will be´the one´ for him and who will be fit to be Queen one day.
I really hope he will not do the same mistake his father did....

If they split because of the media pressure, then poor them! I feel terribly sorry for this curse over the Windsors!
I have to say I thought very highy of Kate and the way she appeared as a woman with a sensible head over her shoulders... as Danielane, I also doubt that any royal/equally-born girlfriend would resist to this pressure with so much grace as she did.

Warren said:
Yes, all the reports refer back to the Sun. Either news editors don't want to be left behind, and we have the media reporting on the media as "news", or the story has been confirmed through private sources and so they are confident it is true.

Where to from here? Will he make the same mistake as his father and pass up his "true love?" Will his upcoming war experience give him a new perspective, and change his mind about Kate? Will she wait? And if the relationship is over, what woman, after observing what Kate Middleton has endured, will willingly put herself in the same position? Who wants paparazzi camped outside their front door? From William's perspective, the longer he takes to find Ms Right, the greater the expectation and pressure, as experienced by his father.

I totally agree. I wonder how he will find a women who will accept to support everything Kate had endured. I didn't think I would say some day I'm feeling sympathetic to the Windsors, but I believe this day has come.

trinny said:
I'm hoping against hope that they've organised a fake breakup to be tricky...with him being away and them only being able to see each other once a week, I'm hoping that they decided to say "we broke up!" so that Kate is given a break by the press and they will continue to see each other in secret.

Well, that's my hope but... I realise it's probably not happening. :sad:

That is my hope too...

How I wish this is just a fake break up to get the pressure of a marriage off their backs.

Stellad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom