The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Commoner

He reminds me so much of his mother yet I can see quite a bit of his father in him as well.

This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming on sea and continents and island, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls. -John Muir
Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince William's successful tour of Australia cuts Republican support for ditching monarchy

Quote:
Prince William's well-received trip to Australia appears to have given the monarchist cause a boost.
Prince William's trip to Australia dampens desire for country to ditch monarchy | Mail Online

Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 AM
Nobility

All points to good news there. In terms of maintaining the Constitutional security of The Commonwealth of Australia. He, HRH William of Wales, is a fine mix of both of his parents there.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Video coverage of Prince William's official New Zealand visit - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Here's another link to his speech in Australia from YouTube.
He has improved so much. He sounds really good! It's nice that he mentions Haiti too.
I noticed there are many Aussies on this forum. Did anyone have a chance to go see Prince William? Warren? I wasn't able to as I don't live near the areas he went to. I really wish I could've seen him though.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
He reminds me so much of his mother yet I can see quite a bit of his father in him as well.
I notice that too. I think William does write his speeches himself, although I'm sure someone polishes them, because there were certain ways he had of phrasing things that somehow reminded me of Princess Diana. He really does seem to have a bit of her ease with people, which I think is a good thing for the monarchy.

Also, kudos to William for learning to enunciate! I could actually understand almost everything he said, which I couldn't say in the past.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great speeches! Thanks to everybody who provided all the pics, articles and videos.
My favorites are the ones with the kids. He seems so at ease with them.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/958...BEDC0787F1541C
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/958...699891BF535D39
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/958...09B07B58DCC17C
http://i47.tinypic.com/nxtgmq.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/97qjgo.jpg
Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
I noticed there are many Aussies on this forum. Did anyone have a chance to go see Prince William? Warren? I wasn't able to as I don't live near the areas he went to. I really wish I could've seen him though.
I live in NSW up near the Queensland border. I thought I would be in Sydney last week and if I had been I might have made an effort to try and see him, but my plans changed. He seems to have done a good job on the tour though. He seems like a charming, likeable chap, and has been working on his public speaking and moving on with his POW-in-waiting training.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

A positive article from the British press.
Why Prince William has made Australia love Brit Royals again | The Sun |Features
Old 01-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is a positive article by an Australian actor published in the British press. It is a nice one, though.

(The reason I am not using contractions is I cannot use apostophes when typing replies here. Every time I press the apostrophe key I call up "Quick find - links only". I can, however, use inverted commas, which is the same key but with shift. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?)
Old 01-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
I was just as thrilled to see him playing cricket with my favourite cricketer, Matthew Hayden.
Me too!. Brett Lee is my favorite!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/22/prince-william-new-zealand-australia

"He was charming, empathetic, approachable and informal. He smiled and told jokes, he listened seriously and engaged with what people told him, he was clearly moved by the victims of the bushfires and he asked serious questions, beyond the "Do you come here often?" that so many of the royals use as a substitute for conversation."
Old 01-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
It is a positive article by an Australian actor published in the British press. It is a nice one, though.

(The reason I am not using contractions is I cannot use apostophes when typing replies here. Every time I press the apostrophe key I call up "Quick find - links only". I can, however, use inverted commas, which is the same key but with shift. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?)
I stand corrected.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William's trip was covered by the American press

Tween Takes Shot at William's Royal Family Jewels! - Prince William : People.com
http://www.people.com/people/article...338332,00.html
Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy

Here is also a pic, sorry if posted before!

http://blogs.hellomagazine.com/monar...use%20wave.jpg

People magazine
Old 01-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Nobility

A wonderful photo, you could make the line about "Conducting the affairs of state with a steady hand". Alas I will refrain from doing so, until those times become an actuality.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

That first article is funny, especially the title of it.
Here's a few pics that I think correspond with it.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xr/958...9C89C783688B46
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/958...423FA6AA105E78
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xr/958...9C89C783688B46
Old 01-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Courtier

Though I´m very happy for Prince William and the monarchy that his trip to these 2 countries was so well received, it still leaves me puzzeled that a young prince, not even next in line, is more popular than the actual monarch! It´s sad to see that you only seem to get any credit when you´re young and when being old you´re almost "forgotten"... Remember the thunderous, almost hysterical welcome the young Queen got after she visited Australia after the coronation! She´s still the same person, but today only the staunchest of australian royalists would show up for her.
And I´m very sorry for the Prince of Wales. He seems to remain completely underestimated! I mean, his sons are not only a product of influence of their mother, but also of him! But to most people, the 2 princes are only "Diana´s sons"....
Old 01-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Quite correct, but soon enough William will be pronounced dull and boring and there will be clamour for his handsome/pretty son or daughter as "the future of the monarchy".
Superficiality rules, the new is the now, substance counts for little. So it goes.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Courtier

I think that's why it's important that Buckingham Palace makes use of William while he's still fairly young and popular.