Prince William: Visit to New Zealand and Australia - January 17-21, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see 'the team' getting some thanks as well too. I wonder how long it will be before HRH graces our shores again?

That's an interesting read about his team. I didn't realize his private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton was also a bodyguard. Sort of like getting two for the price of one. :lol:

And you do the same with William and Harry. :ermm:

I don't think thats true.

Wonderful after articles about Williams visit. It's nice to see that he left an impression. :)

And you do the same with William and Harry. :ermm:

That is not the case at all.

I have frequently praised them and defended them but I don't fawn over them like some here who seem to think they can do no wrong.

I don't believe all the press stories.

I don't gush and say things like "I am so proud of them" - I leave those sorts of comments for my family or my students but not strangers, who live on the other side of the world and have never really had to try at anything (they have tried and succeeded but they haven't had to do so - there is a difference by the way).

Do I admire them? Not really as I have seem little to admire, as they have done so very little. Harry has served his country and I have admiration for him doing so. That he was given extra protection while there isn't his fault but if he is to truly serve then he needs to do so without that. He did go - unlike a lot of others and wants to go back and I hope he gets that opportunity as it is want he wants. Same with William - he too wants to serve and I see no reason why they can't both go and serve in Afghanistan. It isn't as if they are the Queen's only heirs afterall.

Harry has served his country and I have admiration for him doing so. That he was given extra protection while there isn't his fault but if he is to truly serve then he needs to do so without that. He did go - unlike a lot of others and wants to go back and I hope he gets that opportunity as it is want he wants. Same with William - he too wants to serve and I see no reason why they can't both go and serve in Afghanistan. It isn't as if they are the Queen's only heirs afterall.

It is unfortunate that William and Harry do not have the opportunity to serve Queen and country in the way they would like to by serving in Afghanistan. To suggest that they be sent in to battle, and in the process endanger others serving alongside them, appears to be an own goal, IMO.

I have frequently praised them and defended them...
I've never seen you praise them or say anything nice. :nonono:

I don't gush and say things like "I am so proud of them" - I leave those sorts of comments for my family or my students but not strangers, who live on the other side of the world and have never really had to try at anything (they have tried and succeeded but they haven't had to do so - there is a difference by the way).

The fact that they haven't "had" to but "did" anyway is imo even more commendable. But of course you have to turn it into a criticism. Typical. I don't expect gushing but the constant negativity toward two young men that you don't even know is unnecessary. There's so much negativity in the world as it is. A little balance would be nice.

Do I admire them? Not really as I have seem little to admire, as they have done so very little. Harry has served his country and I have admiration for him doing so. That he was given extra protection while there isn't his fault but if he is to truly serve then he needs to do so without that. He did go - unlike a lot of others and wants to go back and I hope he gets that opportunity as it is want he wants. Same with William - he too wants to serve and I see no reason why they can't both go and serve in Afghanistan. It isn't as if they are the Queen's only heirs afterall.
Why even bring up about Afghanistan in this thread? Ahh, but of course
you have to end your message criticizing them over something you know they can't help. Typical.

I don't care what you say or think really. People are entitled to their opinion. It just struck me as hypocritical when you criticized someone else (scooter) for doing what you do.

I've never seen you praise them or say anything nice. :nonono:

[/B]
The fact that they haven't "had" to but "did" anyway is imo even more commendable. But of course you have to turn it into a criticism. Typical. I don't expect gushing but the constant negativity toward two young men that you don't even know is unnecessary. There's so much negativity in the world as it is. A little balance would be nice.

How does saying that they did things and succeeded, despite not having to do so be a criticism?

I said that I won't and don't gush over them but even when I say something positive and that I see as a positive - they did, they succeeded, they didn't have to - you see that as a criticism.

What should I have said - isn't is 'commendable'? Well I didn't use that word but I still said that they tried and succeeded when they didn't have to try.

Why even bring up about Afghanistan in this thread? Ahh, but of course
you have to end your message criticizing them over something you know they can't help. Typical.

I don't care what you say or think really. People are entitled to their opinion. It just struck me as hypocritical when you criticized someone else (scooter) for doing what you do.

To bring in Afghanistan was also meant as a complement as they want to serve but it isn't their fault that they can't, because they need extra protection, or might put others at extra risk.

Yes people are entitled to their opinion.

Mine is that the two young princes have done some things in their lives but have a long way to go earn the respect of the public in their own right.

I also see you as one who will see everything I right as a criticsm even when it is a complement to these two young men because you have opinion of me that I can't change - and won't bother trying.

By the way - how do you know that I don't know them, or know people who know them? Don't jump to conclusions that people here don't know people. I am not saying I do but that you have made a conclusion that might or might not be accurate.

Then it's interesting that even when you try to write something as positive (as you claim) you still make it sound negative. Well, people can read for themselves. I have no opinion of you, only what you write. And anyone can read your history to see your negative attitude to William and Harry.

Then it's interesting that even when you try to write something as positive (as you claim) you still make it sound negative. Well, people can read for themselves. I have no opinion of you, only what you write. And anyone can read your history to see your negative attitude to William and Harry.

Please explain how
'They didn't have to but they did try and they succeeded' is a negative - as you say it is?

I was really glad to see William do the NZ/Aus. tour - it reminded me of the days when he was a baby and Diana took him with her and Charles.

I've noticed it for awhile too cd255.

Thanx for the follow up articles about Wm's trip. I'm still pleasantly surprised at how well he was recieved. :flowers:

I was actually really disappointed when I learned that they were sending Charles and Camilla here to Canada, and William to Australia/New Zealand. Many of my friends are from Vancouver, where Charles and Camilla visited, and expressed either disinterest or slight contempt at the prospect of the visit. I wonder how much of this would have been alleviated had they sent William (the "new, young" royal) instead. I know Charles is the heir to the throne, but with the Olympics currently in Vancouver, it seems as if it may have contributed significantly more to the hype if they had sent the (currently) more popular and youthful members of the royal family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom