Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I think that might look very pretty along with a few inches trimmed off the ends. Thanks! :flowers:

I have to agree. She has beautiful hair, but the ends are getting a little shaggy. it needs a good trim.

I hope she chooses lowish pumps in peau de soie or something matching the cloth of her dress. All those shoes are hideous. But that's what's in fashion right now. Ugly.

Yum, I think they're delicious. But also quite unwearable if one does not wear heels every day. I doubt stumbling, or worse, falling, would be a girls dream on their wedding day. :ROFLMAO:

Oh yes! wedding shoes!. I'm not very used to heels and when I got married I wanted shoes that were COMFORTABLE, then for the party I switched to those bridal tennis.

I don't see Kate wearing something like what this designers are proposing ( and I think they are doing this just for the sake of free publicity) . I think she will go for what she finds comfortable and she usually doesn't super high strappy heels or Letizios for that matter. I don't think she likes them. I think we'll see her, in classical 2" or less shoes.

avrilo said:
Oh yes! wedding shoes!. I'm not very used to heels and when I got married I wanted shoes that were COMFORTABLE, then for the party I switched to those bridal tennis..

I wore electric blue DKNY flip flops- got married outside and it was my something blue- no one ever saw them but they were my comfortable, fun little secret on the big day :)

That being said- doubt Kate would wear flip flops ;) maybe boots? No just kidding, I am sure her shoes will be classic and not to high to prevent falling plus she doesn't seem to be a big high heels girl

Last edited:
I wore electric blue DKNY flip flops- got married outside and it was my something blue- no one ever saw them but they were my comfortable, fun little secret on the big day :)

That being said- doubt Kate would wear flip flops ;) maybe boots? No just kidding, I am sure her shoes will be classic and not to high to prevent falling plus she doesn't seem to be a big high heels girl
I too am certain Kate will be sensible on her wedding day and wear a classic pair of shoes.There is not an iota of iconoclasm in her. I think when the three went out to sign the book of condolences for NZ they did ok considering it was a first such outing for all.Certainly I do admire Kate for not one upping her future husband to be.She knows how to blend and compliment the other party. There are no abysmal cracks in this betrothal.Same religion; same community; English;same ideals; It is cemented for all intents and purposes. I also admire her seriousness about getting on with things without much fanfare.Kate is fond of her region and so sending invites to ordinary people from there. So far so good.

I don't think we'll find anyone actually "confirming" the Beckhams attendance, personally I hope they don't attend. Victoria Beckham at a royal wedding is a laughable situation to me.

Lumutqueen said:
I don't think we'll find anyone actually "confirming" the Beckhams attendance, personally I hope they don't attend. Victoria Beckham at a royal wedding is a laughable situation to me.

Apparently the exact quote is '' you don't say no to the future King of England'' said by David-
@royalreporter
It's on Richards tweets, not sure he would attribute a quote that wasn't actually said but who knows....
See tweet below.....

-I see David Beckham's finally confirmed he and wife Victoria will go to the royal wedding: "You don't say no to the future King of England."

Last edited:
Prime Minister's man off to the Royal Wedding | Perth Now

This says Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and his wife Princess Mary have not been invited, although Queen Margrethe has.

This seems strange; why wouldn't Frederik and Mary be invited?

I would imagine that the royal invitation went to the head of the Danish monarchy (i.e. Queen Margrethe)....she will decide if she attends or if the Frederik and Mary will attend in her place/honor. Much like Queen Elizabeth decided that Sophie and Edward would attend the Swedish/Danish wedding and Charles the Spanish wedding.

I am sure you have your own reasons why Victoria' presence at a royal wedding is laughable.

It does, however, appear that David and William did become friendly (close is probably pushing it) when they were working on England's bid for the World Cup. He might have even met Victoria and thought she was nice enough. Frankly, you don't invite one half of a couple and don't invite the other. That's pretty rude.

And for the record, there have been showbiz people at past royal weddings. I remember Ruthie Henshall at Edwards (I believe they dated in the past), Jilly Cooper, Rowan Atinkinson at Charles and Camila's, and a couple at Charles and Diana's.

So the precedent has been set. Despite the press (both negative and positive) I am sure William feels that his knowing someone is a lot better than knowing them via the tabloids. He probably goes by the mantra...you shouldn't believe everything you read in the press.

Last edited:
Mirabel said:
Prime Ministers man off to the Royal Wedding | Perth Now

This says Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and his wife Princess Mary have not been invited, although Queen Margrethe has.

This seems strange; why wouldn't Frederik and Mary be invited?

Well, IMO we shouldn't put too much stock into anything just yet! we don't quite know who from foreign houses have received and accepted the invitation. I agree though, no reason to not have Frederik & Mary invited. The DRF and the BRF are generally considered to be close from what I've read here in the forums. Close enough to get multiple invites as well, Perhaps?? :)

Zonk - don't forget Sting's wife Trudy, Stephen Fry, Phil Collins, Richard E. Grant, Joan Rivers and Kenneth Branagh (and Eric Clapton I think?) were also at Charles and Camilla's Wedding. :)
(but I believe all but Joan are Prince's Trust Ambassadors, so not necessarily personal friends)

Last edited:
Isn't Charles the future King of England technically. For the shoes those look uncomfortable and well I don't care for them. Then again I am not a shoe person. I wear them but I don't have tons of them and I don't wear heels.

Isn't Charles the future King of England technically. For the shoes those look uncomfortable and well I don't care for them. Then again I am not a shoe person. I wear them but I don't have tons of them and I don't wear heels.

They are both future kings of England if everything goes to plan.

But you are correct...one does assume that Charles will be King before William.

Elton John seems to have no filter lately lol. I hope he's still invited :p

if my mother in law had a ring worth something, i wouldnt mind wearing it...isnt that how family heirlooms get started? i just dont understand why people think it is 'odd' to use Elton's word.

Last edited:
if my mother in law had a ring worth something, i wouldnt mind wearing it...isnt that how family heirlooms get started? i just dont understand why people think it is 'odd' to use Elton's word.

Camilla's engagement ring belonged to the Queen Mother - it wasn't her engagement ring - but a family heirloom none the less.
If my MIL had a ring like Diana's I would LOVE to wear it !! :flowers:

I am sure you have your own reasons why Victoria' presence at a royal wedding is laughable.

It does, however, appear that David and William did become friendly (close is probably pushing it) when they were working on England's bid for the World Cup. He might have even met Victoria and thought she was nice enough. Frankly, you don't invite one half of a couple and don't invite the other. That's pretty rude.
Just wanted to add that Victoria did confirm Kate did ask to see her designs so I'm sure those two have met each other.

I think it's fine the Beckham's are going, think they're fairly worthy guests too & not in terms of being big celebs or whatever. Remember that aside from all the media obsession with them & the glitz etc he is one of England's best footballers, most caps for an outfield player for England, Captain for years, showed many admirable qualities in his career & won many things at various clubs. She's a success in her own right, maybe their career achievements aren't meaningful to some but to many their accomplishments are inspiring & worthwhile (particularly David's, you rarely hear anyone say anything bad about the way he goes about his football, everything else maybe they moan about but he's always been seen as a true pro in his football, he's an OBE already & many think he'll get a knighthood one day & he's a legend of the modern game). Then factor in all the charity work they've both been involved in, they have their own kids foundation, he's worked with UNICEF for years, bith have supported Comic & Sport Relief over the years & generally I think have done numerous things for charity, now whether this is done just to look good etc is beside the point if you ask me, they're still doing something to try & help people. And then like others have mentioned there is at least some level of personal connection/association between William & David & so to me at least the Beckhams aren't an unexpected invite.

I do hope they don't overshadow proceedings (I really doubt they actually will) of course as the media do love to focus on these two regardless of the occasion or whether they should be the focus etc. Anyway just my opinion, I just don't the fuss over them being invited, I don't think it "cheapens" the event or anything as I do honestly think David at the very least is fairly deserving of being invited & like someone posted, you can't invite one without inviting the husband/wife/partner.

^^previous
I agree, no problem inviting the Beckhams. They have a bit of a connection as you stated, so the invite is not without its merit. I don't envy them the task of having worked on the guest list - narrowing it down must have sucked!!

Remember that a member of former group ABBA was invited to princess victoria's wedding. And a lot of spanish celebrities to the one of principe felipe and letizia (tennis player, singers, etc...).

I love the shoes! But then, I'm a shoe person. Kate tends to wear tall (3") courts/pumps, so I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck to those in a matching color, but one can hope for something more! :)

In addition to all the things already mentioned, Prince William is the President of the English Football Association, and he's inviting people from his professional life. Beckham certainly qualifies as a representative of the FA. Similarly, we know of a famous Welsh rugby player that has been invited and Prince William is the vice royal patron of the Welsh Rugby Union.

Also notable, in the most recent edition of Hello! there is a short interview with the CEO of Centrepoint, one of William's charities. He has been invited as well.

I am very happy celebrities are invited because unlike sweden celebrities unknown on the world stage (apart from ABBA of course) we are all able to recognised the british ones. It's thrilling and exciting to see the beckhams, elton john and partner (he confirmed on canadian tv he had received an invitation and he is planing to attend with partner), people we immediatly recognises and who one day interacted in ours lives one way or another. They are part of the pride of great britain. Dont forget that Victoria beckhams works hard to reinvente herself and is now a model designer. I didnt like the spice girls but this girl has something in her because she is a winner. That's count.

Saphire engagement ring for catherine.

Many people were perturbed when P. William presented his mother's saphire ring to Catherine as an engagement ring.
This ring of Diana's will bring misfortune because Diana had died in tragic circumstances. And to wear her ring will bring bad luck. P. William should have bought Catherine a ring that is of her choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom