Prince William and Catherine Middleton Possible Titles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Title will the Queen bestow on William and Catherine?

• Duke of Clarence

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • Duke of Cambridge

Votes: 68 44.4%
  • Duke of Sussex

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Duke of Windsor

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Duke of Kendall

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Earl of Something

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Hey! My choice isn't listed. I think it will be something else.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Nothing. I think they will remain Prince and Princess William of Wales

Votes: 26 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Mr. Middleton will not be given a title but he might get some sort of recognition as has been done in other countries before. I am not sure how these things go in Britain but in Denmark CP Mary's father received the Order of the Dannebrog and if I'm not totally wrong, so did Princess Marie's father.

I could see there being an outside chance of Mr. Middleton receiving some grade of the Royal Victorian Order, but I think even that is pretty unlikely, especially while Kate is still the wife(-to-be) of the heir apparent to the Duchy of Cornwall (ha!).

I could see there being an outside chance of Mr. Middleton receiving some grade of the Royal Victorian Order, but I think even that is pretty unlikely, especially while Kate is still the wife(-to-be) of the heir apparent to the Duchy of Cornwall (ha!).
He can get something perhaps when Catherine is PoW or maybe Queen. He is, God permit, the grandfather of a future King/Queen.

Perhaps Mr. Middleton will not be given a title but he might get some sort of recognition as has been done in other countries before. I am not sure how these things go in Britain but in Denmark CP Mary's father received the Order of the Dannebrog and if I'm not totally wrong, so did Princess Marie's father.
It is a tradition in Denmark that the bride's father receive Order of Danneborg previous to the wedding.

Ok, we better get back on track, or Zonk will Zonk us for getting off subject.

In 30 minutes or so the annoucement will be made regarding titles.

They were not going to be grandparents of a future King, as Mr. Middleton will be. I just think the annoucement about titles today may possibly (not likely but possibly) be regarding his title.

So far-fetched as to be impossible. Perhaps down the road, he could through his own merits and efforts earn himself a life peerage, but even that is pretty unlikely. True, there are other commoners in British history that became progenitors once or twice removed of monarchs, and some of them were indeed ennobled, but by no means all. And given today's climate concerning such matters, I think I can confidently say that we won't be seeing "Baron Middleton of Bucklebury", ever.

Richard Palmer of the Daily Express has just now tweeted that "Buckingham Palace will announce a new title for Prince William and Kate Middleton at 8am,"

I thought the announcement would be made during the wedding ceremony

Everything I've read said that at around 8 a.m BST there would be an announcement about titles. We heard about Andrew and Edward's titles before their weddings, why wouldn't the same follow for William?

Why can't they announce the title during the engagement announcement and don't kill us with this suspense! ;)

Everything I've read said that at around 8 a.m BST there would be an announcement about titles. We heard about Andrew and Edward's titles before their weddings, why wouldn't the same follow for William?

I didn't know that :) I guess the same will follow for William & Kate then.

If they don't announce it soon I think some of us might self-cannibalize! :ROFLMAO:

If they don't announce it soon I think some of us might self-cannibalize! :ROFLMAO:

Should be just a matter of minutes now until the official announcement comes out of Buckingham Palace. Seems the commentators already know but as one stated "its top secret and if I said anything... I'd be in the tower within minutes". :D

Why can't they announce the title during the engagement announcement and don't kill us with this suspense! ;)

Tradition!

*breaks into song from "Fiddler On The Roof"* :lol:

I'm in Central time, so it's about 1:45 AM. Tried to go to sleep at 10 PM and get 4 solid hours of sleep, but I just could not relax enough to doze off. Granted, I'm a chronic insomniac and had trouble sleeping the night before even after taking a pill. So I'm and awake to hear the announcement at 8 AM London time.

Should be just a matter of minutes now until the official announcement comes out of Buckingham Palace. Seems the commentators already know but as one stated "its top secret and if I said anything... I'd be in the tower within minutes". :D

I doubt they know as each media would like to be the first, so I guess once they know they will be mentioning it.

^I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement came via Twitter!

BBcA is still playing the Africa speical I seen it 4 times in the two days... I wish they would just switch to news already..........lol

Last edited:
I thought the BBC Online feed had gone live, but it hadn't. Come on already. LOL

So glad that guy from Clarence house FINALLY corrected them on the Princess Catherine thing... You'd think BRITISH JOURNALISTS covering all things royal would know by now...

Okay...we (me, Lucky and Bailey my Shih Tzu's) are ready for the title!

Onto BBCA. Its 3 AM on the East Coast. What am I doing up!

Prince William has been created Duke of Cambridge. This thread will now be closed. A new thread is available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom