Prince William and Catherine Middleton Current Events 8: November 2009-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's what Rosana means, all Catherine has to do is smile and nothing else.

I see, then I take it she means that she finds all the praise overly exaggerated.

Last edited:
She looked to be having such fun yesterday, I can't wait to see photos from today!

It's great to see how appropriately Kate is acting,trying to learn faster the royal establishment.From the lot of people meeting Kate and William in Wales,we could conclude that most of people like Kate.

Thanks for the pics, Marika.

I can't really tell, but it looks like Kate might have changed her outfit.

Red Dress

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, Marika.

I can't really tell, but it looks like Kate might have changed her outfit.

Red Dress

According to me, she has. At St. Andrews, she wore a red jacket with black buttons and a red skirt (according to Richard Palmer: Twitter / Richard Palmer: Kate Middleton is wearing ...) and what at least seems to be a high black collar (not sure if it's a polo neck): Prince William and Kate Middleton back in St Andrews.

On your provided photograph, she doesn't wear the collar and wears a necklace. But of course she can just have left the black collar out.

Edit: I really do think she wears another dress, I don't see the black buttons either.

Yes, I know, I have way too much time on my hands to be studying these details :D :D. It's just because I like them so much :).

Last edited:
^I think you're right. It appears she took off the turtleneck and belt, and added a necklace.

ETA: Skippy, I noticed the buttons too. I'm back to thinking she did change her outfit. Lol. Maybe we'll get a better view when more photos/videos emerge.

Last edited:
Oh... I know I am not her mom, but I am so proud of her! Three enagements in, and she looks like a pro, so natural. I only wish back in the 80's they would have handled Diana and Sarah like this.

I am going to be a mess on the wedding day...and I know, I am not even British or related to them. How wonderful to see his parents' legacy live on in William, how wonderful to see him so proud of Catherine, and NOT jealous...how wonderful to see she seems to have all his support and love, you cannot fake that.

The British are very lucky if this is how their future King and his Queen will be...

^I think you're right. It appears she took off the turtleneck and belt, and added a necklace.

ETA: Skippy, I noticed the buttons too. I'm back to thinking she did change her outfit. Lol. Maybe we'll get a better view when more photos/videos emerge.

now i'm confused :lol: the dress looks more burgundy then the other one.

She seems to have changed her outfit completely; gone from a red skirt with black polo neck and matching red suit top to wearing a red dress and black coat? :)

Absolutely wonderful! I think Catherine is doing a splendid job. She looks great and holds herself well. Im very happy and excited for this new generation of royals. I believe Catherine will do just fine as a princess and eventually Queen. Cheers!:flowers:

Lumutqueen, yeah it looks like she changed her outfit. It's too bad we can't see what it looks like without the coat.

now i'm confused :lol: the dress looks more burgundy then the other one.
It really was confusing for a moment. :lol:

I'm glad they had these engagements, and we got to see a glimpse of Kate. I think she will do fine in her role.

I wonder if they'll have any other engagements before the wedding?

You are hungry for more, aren't you? So am I :lol: :lol: :lol:; I loved seeing them together on these official engagements.
I guess we shall have to wait and see if other engagements are going to take place before the wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are hungry for more, aren't you? So am I :lol: :lol: :lol:; I loved seeing them together on these official engagements

I really am. Lol. :p

It's nice seeing them work together. Plus, there was a lot of concern that Kate wouldn't start any official duties for awhile, so having these engagements before the wedding shows that she's willing and ready to do the work.

Lumutqueen said:
She seems to have changed her outfit completely; gone from a red skirt with black polo neck and matching red suit top to wearing a red dress and black coat? :)

Yes I agree this is a different outfit

It really is lovely to see William and Catherine out and about like this. Not wantint to nit pick, bit if she did change her clothes for the trip to NZ House, was red really the best colour of dress to wear when signing a book of condolence?

muriel said:
It really is lovely to see William and Catherine out and about like this. Not wantint to nit pick, bit if she did change her clothes for the trip to NZ House, was red really the best colour of dress to wear when signing a book of condolence?

And to echo what you say, I don't mean to seem critical but she seems so smiley and happy for a very solem thing - but that's a small thing I guess...

I actually expected her to be in black but still looks nice

I think she looked lovely the long black coat seems to cover the dress so well thought out.. the color of the dress was nice too...she has held up very well in the last two days.

Last edited:
And to echo what you say, I don't mean to seem critical but she seems so smiley and happy for a very solem thing - but that's a small thing I guess...

It does appear that way from photos, but she seemed much more subdued in the BBC video. I think the photographer just caught her during the few times she did smile.

I'm not sure if it's been linked, but here it is.

BBC News - Royal trio sign book of condolence for NZ earthquake

It seems to me that she smiled because she was proud to write her signature in the book and contribute to such a very sad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if it was a dress she was wearing earlier, not a skirt, so just removed the jacket and put a black coat on. If she had completely changed the outfit then she would have been criticised for wearing 2 outfits ??

It seems to me that she smiled because she was proud to write her signature in the book and contribute to such a very sad thing.

I agree with you Skippy...she seem so happy in her new life I can't wait to see more from this young couple..

If she had not smiled that would have been a problem too...can't please everyone all the time now can you!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom